Become a Patron!

Innokin Proton Issue?

XX_Fallen_XX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey yall
So I just got my Proton today. First its a nice little device that hits beautifully and looks killer. Now onto my problem. I switched over to TC. Now the SSTC profile on the device isnt great BUT oddly enough its working better than the TCR function. Now i normally vape on TCR 92 at around 440-480 degrees with my other mods. With the proton on the TCR 92 function, the warm vape starts at 320 degrees whereas with other mods its closer to 440. The SSTC function is better with the warm vape starting around 370. Is it me? Is it the mod? What do you all think?

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Does yours have springs in it or just connection points? After about two weeks with mine I find that the slightest bump, even just putting it down on a table, it shuts off because the battery loses connection. If I shake it I can feel the batteries rattle around. Not that I shake it a lot; just that I noted the batteries were loose when it shut off.

XX_Fallen_XX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does yours have springs in it or just connection points? After about two weeks with mine I find that the slightest bump, even just putting it down on a table, it shuts off because the battery loses connection. If I shake it I can feel the batteries rattle around. Not that I shake it a lot; just that I noted the batteries were loose when it shut off.
Seemed ok to me. Never heard any rattle or issues with it turning off. But I let it go to a better home. The Modefined Sirius has taken its place and my god what a better vape

Posted from a OP5T

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Seemed ok to me. Never heard any rattle or issues with it turning off. But I let it go to a better home. The Modefined Sirius has taken its place and my god what a better vape

Posted from a OP5T

Seems to depend on the batteries. I bought a bunch of cheap ones when first starting out. When I got into more advanced mods I just kept the older off the shelf batteries because they worked fine. This mod requires better ones as I was reading on Reddit.

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Posted from a OP5T

Modefine Sirius, huh? I'm looking for a very basic but very reliable mod. I like the Tesla and the Charon. Nothing fancy with them; they just work. Only problem with the Charon is that my tanks hang over. The Tesla gives really light hits when the batteries get down to around 1/3.

XX_Fallen_XX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Modefine Sirius, huh? I'm looking for a very basic but very reliable mod. I like the Tesla and the Charon. Nothing fancy with them; they just work. Only problem with the Charon is that my tanks hang over. The Tesla gives really light hits when the batteries get down to around 1/3.

Seriously its so simple. Normally I don't like simple but for some reason it just clicks so well. It holds my Aromamizer Plus (30mm) just perfect and vape with TC is one of the best I've come across.
eea5eae467a0c8a78dbbd3812ba63f99.jpg

Posted from a OP5T

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Seriously its so simple. Normally I don't like simple but for some reason it just clicks so well. It holds my Aromamizer Plus (30mm) just perfect and vape with TC is one of the best I've come across.
Posted from a OP5T

I got the Aegis Legend. Looks like a very sturdy mod. The biggest complaint with it is that the display doesn't tell you much. That's fine with me; all I need to see is the wattage.

XX_Fallen_XX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was wanting to get one of those but something turned me off to it. I can't remember what exactly. But I also was interested in the VooPoo Too but the wattage limit with subohm builds pissed me off. I think the Smoant Cylon is next on the list

Posted from a OP5T

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I was wanting to get one of those but something turned me off to it. I can't remember what exactly. But I also was interested in the VooPoo Too but the wattage limit with subohm builds pissed me off. I think the Smoant Cylon is next on the list

Posted from a OP5T

Seems to work pretty well. I had to up the wattage to 100 to get the same feel I get from other mods.

As for the Cylon, a lot of people really like them. Mine broke and they want to charge me to fix/replace it.

XX_Fallen_XX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah which if its a manufacturing issue they should replace it for free. Asking for more $ to fix a problem that the company is responsible for is just bad business and a way to lose customers

Posted from a OP5T

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Seriously its so simple. Normally I don't like simple but for some reason it just clicks so well. It holds my Aromamizer Plus (30mm) just perfect and vape with TC is one of the best I've come across. Posted from a OP5T

So this came in the mail today. Powered it up and it works fine - nothing too complicated. I like how it has wattage control. A lot of other mods will change wattage through handling over time, but this one sort of locks it.

VU Sponsors