Become a Patron!

Innokin Itastevtr replacement

Hey guys. I have an Itaste VTR that i really like, but the threads inside the mod seem to have stripped out. Has anyone else had this happen? Its kinda strange because my original tank doesn't stay seated anymore, but the gladius tank i got a few months ago is still working.
Anyway, I went to but another Mod and i want to be able to use my tanks and my batterys, but it looks like innokin only has internal batterys now? Am i screwed on using my old stuff? I want something similar that i can use my old batterys and my tanks on so that i dont have to buy all new stuff, if such an animal exists please point me in the right direction. I usually buy my stuff from fasttech.

Thanks

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Nitty and welcome to VU....I have never tried that particular mod, the only thing I would suggest first is contacting the seller , and letting them know the issues you are having with the stripped threads, even though it will take some time to have it replaced, could it be you received a clone as well? Some have had good luck with returns and replacements with Fastech, while others have had a hard time, For less than what you paid for that mod ....you could be into a better, more reliable mod.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My buddy had that happen with the 510 getting stripped. If you wanna fix it yourself you can get 510 inserts from fat daddy vapes for like $5 for a pack of 3, you'll just need to rethread it to fit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

So I was leaning toward buying a new machine, and thats what i ended up doing. I ended up purchasing a sigelei 213, it arrived today. I'm having trouble setting it up properly for my iclear 30s and gladius 2.1 ohm coils though, everything tastes burnt.
Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I was leaning toward buying a new machine, and thats what i ended up doing. I ended up purchasing a sigelei 213, it arrived today. I'm having trouble setting it up properly for my iclear 30s and gladius 2.1 ohm coils though, everything tastes burnt.
Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
The I clear 30s is the problem lol

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome Nitty to VU. That Sig 213 is a pretty nice device. You might want to upgrade from the 2014 technology tanks you are using. Quality tanks like the V1 Crown or Aspire Cleito to name a few are in the 20 dollar range nowadays. Check vapenw.com or ecig.com and you can find a much better performing tank that will fit your budget. Good luck.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I highly recommend the cleito It's a pretty awesome tank

Welcome Nitty to VU. That Sig 213 is a pretty nice device. You might want to upgrade from the 2014 technology tanks you are using. Quality tanks like the V1 Crown or Aspire Cleito to name a few are in the 20 dollar range nowadays. Check vapenw.com or ecig.com and you can find a much better performing tank that will fit your budget. Good luck.

I want to thank you for the post with relevant information, had i known new tanks would be required with a new device i may have just bought another vtr. Oh well. So i was looking at the Cleito that you had suggested and Diescum had 2nd, it looks to me like this is a sub ohm tank based on the coils i'm seeing available. It is my understanding that the sub ohm configurations are more toxic since you are burning the material instead of inhaling mist. If this is the case, can you recommend something in the 2.1 ohm range or so where you are getting mostly vapor, as appose to smoke from burning. If i am incorrect please help me understand if you don't mind. I don't need anything flashy or trendy. I want quality with affordability, I don't care about upfront cost for a tank or whatever, long term cost is what matters to me. I'd spend $200 on a tank if the coils were 10 cents a piece and the tank would last me 10 years. Thanks guys.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to thank you for the post with relevant information, had i known new tanks would be required with a new device i may have just bought another vtr. Oh well. So i was looking at the Cleito that you had suggested and Diescum had 2nd, it looks to me like this is a sub ohm tank based on the coils i'm seeing available. It is my understanding that the sub ohm configurations are more toxic since you are burning the material instead of inhaling mist. If this is the case, can you recommend something in the 2.1 ohm range or so where you are getting mostly vapor, as appose to smoke from burning. If i am incorrect please help me understand if you don't mind. I don't need anything flashy or trendy. I want quality with affordability, I don't care about upfront cost for a tank or whatever, long term cost is what matters to me. I'd spend $200 on a tank if the coils were 10 cents a piece and the tank would last me 10 years. Thanks guys.
Subohm builds don't produce more toxic crap, the only way your really "burning material instead of inhaling mist (vapor) is if you get dry hits and are repeatedly doing it and even then your just burning the cotton.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with@diescum88. Unless you are using faulty ceramic coils that are deteriorating, or getting constant dry hits on other coils, it is just juice being vaporized by heat. If you want a tank that uses a higher ohm coil, your probably going to have to raise the nic level to compensate for the lack of vapor to get the same satisfying vape. Since you are going to use that Sig 213, I would suggest you use a sub ohm tank, with a lower nic level (3 or 6mg). Most of the newer subtanks on the market will last you as long as the coils are available. With the deeming FDA regs, that's about 2 years. Find a tank you like, and stock up. Later on as you become more familiar with vaping, you could also consider RDA's or RTA's. It's a process...

VU Sponsors