Become a Patron!

Incorrect resistance readings

I have a Smok H-Priv 220W TC. I bought 0.15ohm Ni-200 coils. However, when installing the coils I get some pretty variable ohm readings. After loading the coil and putting in the juice, I fire it up in temp mode. "Is this a new coil?" Yes. The read was something like 0..3ohm. I checked it with another mod I have, a Sigeli-150W TC mod and it reads as high as well.

If I let it sit for a while, pull the atomizer and reattach it, I can get readings like 0.20-0.23ohm. Unfortunately, what happens once I fire the thing off is that the resistance promptly shoots up to >0.35 ohm in under a second or so, and the mod's temperature protection kicks in.

So basically I have a 0.15ohm Ni-200 coil that is reading all over the place from 0.2ohm to 0.32ohm.

I'm relatively new to TC vaping and can't help thinking I'm doing something wrong. Am I supposed to hit it once very briefly while dry to calculate the resistance? I always thought you install the coil, install the juice, prime the thing, let it sit for a while, then hit it and have the mod calculate the resistance off that.

Oh, the coil and tank are Kanger.

VU Sponsors