Become a Patron!

Inawera Waffle

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh crap! Gutted by this thread! INW Waffle is one of my favorite, most unique flavors out there. I only bought a 10ml bottle to try last fall, and figured I'd be able to stock up at some point. How the fuck could it be discontinued???

As has been mentioned, it can be used to make a mind bogglingly good waffle cone flavor note, and works fantastic in small percentages to add authenticity to a conventional waffle flavor.

I've gotten several of my customers hooked on my waffle cone flavor, and it's going to be a huge bummer when my 10ml bottle runs out! :gaah:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Who makes Bacon?

iiiiiiits BACON!
Lol! TFA used to, but I think they discontinued it. Capella still does, as well as Flavor West, and One On One has their own variety. It's definitely an acquired taste.
I like it! It has its place in one of my favorite juices from "back in the day" called Bubba's Pig Sap. Used to get it from High Desert Vapes, and it's described as a "caramel apple topped with smoky bacon." I've come pretty close with making a caramel apple and using a few drops of Signature bacon flavoring (ECX's rebrand of TFA...they no longer carry the bacon), but ended up just buying FW's flavoring by the same name. Requires 2-3 weeks aging, but it was actually a tasty vape.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh crap! Gutted by this thread! INW Waffle is one of my favorite, most unique flavors out there. I only bought a 10ml bottle to try last fall, and figured I'd be able to stock up at some point. How the fuck could it be discontinued???

As has been mentioned, it can be used to make a mind bogglingly good waffle cone flavor note, and works fantastic in small percentages to add authenticity to a conventional waffle flavor.

I've gotten several of my customers hooked on my waffle cone flavor, and it's going to be a huge bummer when my 10ml bottle runs out! :gaah:
I love waffle cones :q

Last edited:

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ultimately find the fact they discontinued this a little weird and (potentially) concerning.

I mean beyond the surface story it's not like it wasn't selling pretty well over the last year if you regularly pay attention to updated stocks at the bigger suppliers, and the whole "we took it down to revise the formula" claim would make a lot more sense to me if INW, you know, actually had a history of displaying the same type of concern/effort outside of this one isolated incident. Which they don't. They otherwise just seem to follow Hangsen's policy of claiming all their stuff is baddie free without bothering to actually post up the standard proof. Which by default always rings the bullshit alarm for me. Since if the claim was true they'd be crazy not to show it.

IDK, just too strange when you really think about it imo. In a "this stuff tested so freaking bad even we had to pull it down" way I guess. Enough so that I took a pass when i had that last chance even though it was topping my want to try list.

Last edited:

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I ultimately find the fact they discontinued this a little weird and (potentially) concerning.
So to clarify... what is your potential concern or what is the reason you think they pulled it?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the off chance their products are chock full o' baddies, it's still a thousand times less than cigarettes. I'm good...
Maybe they just figured out that this one is so highly concentrated they could cut it in half and make twice the money.
Maybe it wasn't selling as is in the magnitude they're shooting for.
We may never know.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the off chance their products are chock full o' baddies, it's still a thousand times less than cigarettes. I'm good...
Maybe they just figured out that this one is so highly concentrated they could cut it in half and make twice the money.
Maybe it wasn't selling as is in the magnitude they're shooting for.
We may never know.
Just remember... 1 or (2 drops MAX) per 30mls. or all you'll taste is waffle, very good waffle, but all waffle. Not strawberry or any other fruit or anything. JUST WAFFLE. You've been warned.:D

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually go 1 drop per 10ml, like @Squonk says anymore and it is all waffle.

Even if it is full of baddies at that small a percentage it won't make a difference anyway so who cares.

The reformulation is hopefully to add a buttery and syrupy effect and to slightly decrease the potency so it is easier to work with. As is it is just a plain waffle right out of the waffle iron, no butter or syrup.

It is still good stuff though and the one bottle I have should last awhile.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So to clarify... what is your potential concern or what is the reason you think they pulled it?

Again IDK. Pulling it for the reason stated just doesn't really add up at all imo.

I am pretty confident that the actual reason they did pull it, which as Teresa stated we'll likely never know, is probably something worse then simply having some baddies in it though. Best case scenario guess maybe just an absurd amount of them? For me that's enough to steer clear.

Everybody obviously has their own feelings and priorities when it comes to this stuff though.

Last edited:

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Again IDK. Pulling it for the reason stated just doesn't really add up at all imo.

I am pretty confident that the actual reason they did pull it, which as Teresa stated we'll likely never know, is something worse then simply having baddies in it though. For me that's enough to steer clear. Everybody has their own feelings and priorities when it comes to this stuff though.

What, like the main ingredient is ground up baby fetuses or something? I don't really get why you feel justified in your negative skepticism. Probably they've been working on a way to formulate it cheaper, and so stopped producing it as they've gotten closer to their goal. It's a bummer, since it's great as is. But INW is a pretty stellar flavor maker, so hopefully whatever replaces it will be good in its own way.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What, like the main ingredient is ground up baby fetuses or something? I don't really get why you feel justified in your negative skepticism. Probably they've been working on a way to formulate it cheaper, and so stopped producing it as they've gotten closer to their goal. It's a bummer, since it's great as is. But INW is a pretty stellar flavor maker, so hopefully whatever replaces it will be good in its own way.

So I'm not justified to ask that question about Inawera.....just because you happen to like them? I have my everyday staple flavors from them too, but I also buy them with the understanding that Inawera is a lot less forthcoming about what's actually in their formulas then some of the other flavoring companies out there. If they were more forthcoming I probably wouldn't even be questioning it atm.

Again though, why would they discontinue a solid seller before even having a reformulated version to replace it with if the answer was that simple? If you've talked directly to their CS they have no ETA on one to offer either.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I'm not justified to ask that question about Inawera.....just because you happen to like them? I have my everyday staple flavors from them too, but I also buy them with the understanding that Inawera is a lot less forthcoming about what's actually in their formulas then some of the other flavoring companies out there. If they were more forthcoming I probably wouldn't even be questioning it atm.

Again though, why would they discontinue a solid seller before even having a reformulated version to replace it with if the answer was that simple? If you've talked directly to their CS they have no ETA on one to offer either.

I was mainly scratching my head at what would be worse than "lots of baddies."

But I agree with everything else you've said. I just don't think any of these companies are so perfectly organized that the consumer should never expect not to be annoyed by them. Maybe the waffle flavor used an ingredient that was hard/expensive to source? And so they decided it wasn't worth the hassle? It's all empty speculation on our side, I just don't think the most legit approach is to fill that void with worst case scenarios.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was mainly scratching my head at what would be worse than "lots of baddies."

But I agree with everything else you've said. I just don't think any of these companies are so perfectly organized that the consumer should never expect not to be annoyed by them. Maybe the waffle flavor used an ingredient that was hard/expensive to source? And so they decided it wasn't worth the hassle? It's all empty speculation on our side, I just don't think the most legit approach is to fill that void with worst case scenarios.

Yeah sorry, I definitely wasn't trying to imply baby fetus or anything lol.

Not being able to source an ingredient could be a possibility I guess. Not enough that I'd personally be less hesitant and then going to the extreme to get my hands on it, but again to each their own.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
he reformulation is hopefully to add a buttery and syrupy effect and to slightly decrease the potency so it is easier to work with. As is it is just a plain waffle right out of the waffle iron, no butter or syrup.
The reason I was interested in getting that one to being with, was because everyone said it DIDN'T have the syrupy taste, that all waffles flavors have. I hope whatever they bring out is plain ol waffle. I want a plain ol waffle vape to play around with. If I want maple, I got maple. Boooo.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The reason I was interested in getting that one to being with, was because everyone said it DIDN'T have the syrupy taste, that all waffles flavors have. I hope whatever they bring out is plain ol waffle. I want a plain ol waffle vape to play around with. If I want maple, I got maple. Boooo.

Agreed .. I am not a fan of the 'composite' flavors trend. FA's designer flavors, other premix styles.. waffle + maple syrup (when that is what you want) Custard + lemon, if that is what you wish, strawberry + creme, if one so desires. More choice with a bit more work/art and less pre mix.
Just my preference, all said there may be a big market for it .. but i'll mix one flavor at a time 98% of the time. (yeah some exceptions i know ;p)

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I am pretty confident that the actual reason they did pull it, which as Teresa stated we'll likely never know, is probably something worse then simply having some baddies in it though. Best case scenario guess maybe just an absurd amount of them? For me that's enough to steer clear.

Everybody obviously has their own feelings and priorities when it comes to this stuff though.
Right right. It's not like there's a shortage of flavorings/brands these days.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Same here... I personally don't care for maple-y vapes... At least none that I've tried so far. I still need to mix up some TFA Pancake though

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreed .. I am not a fan of the 'composite' flavors trend. FA's designer flavors, other premix styles.. waffle + maple syrup (when that is what you want) Custard + lemon, if that is what you wish, strawberry + creme, if one so desires. More choice with a bit more work/art and less pre mix.
Just my preference, all said there may be a big market for it .. but i'll mix one flavor at a time 98% of the time. (yeah some exceptions i know ;p)

I'm not even sure there is a big market for it atm. In FA's case it seems more gimmick aimed at the "new" quick sale then anything else imo.

The automatic inclusion of syrup with every waffle is just weird because for me and when I think about it in vaping terms, waffle would be a compliment flavor serving as the "waffle cone" in an ice cream or the base of a dessert recipe. Guessing a lot more mixers search out a idea like that then wanting to simply vape a morning eggo.

I did like including maple in some of my more complex RY4s a few years back...but that's about it.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just sold another 30ml bottle of my Waffle Cone Ice Cream. Contains only 2% INW Waffle, but it's a sad affair watching the level on that bottle get lower knowing that it'll probably be the only bottle I'll be able to get. :grumpy:

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just sold another 30ml bottle of my Waffle Cone Ice Cream. Contains only 2% INW Waffle, but it's a sad affair watching the level on that bottle get lower knowing that it'll probably be the only bottle I'll be able to get. :grumpy:

yeah i hear ya - Placed an order for some (was the last bit of original flavor) from e-aromashop.com on 02/11 - fairly reasonable shipping and all considering.. just got an email today (6 days later 02/11) that my order will be delayed pending arrival of the new flavor !!????! WTF!!? Specifically ordered the original as it was 'in stock' and somehow it mysteriously disappeared ? was happy to find it before it was all gone and now DENIED.

What backalley hangouts does one go to to score? lol
"hey man.. need some INW waffle.. the org.. can you help a brother out... ?" ;p

No, but I think I'm gonna. Bull City is having a 30% off sale on all FV this weekend with coupon code "FLAVORAH."

and to top it all off.... JUST placed an order with BCF yesterday...
and also got an email that a flavor I was waiting on is back in stock there today - arrrghhh!

changing my nick to 'Son of Murphy' ;p

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get your point. I just wanted something a little more buttery. I know we can add to it but I felt it was a little to plain and way too strong which makes it difficult to work with.

Last thing i want is my beloved huck to be against me though . ...who am I kidding, I am always in love with huck

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I get your point. I just wanted something a little more buttery. I know we can add to it but I felt it was a little to plain and way too strong which makes it difficult to work with.

Last thing i want is my beloved huck to be against me though . ...who am I kidding, I am always in love with huck

Awww.... <3:hug: no, I hope I didn't come off like I was harshin' on ya! Just was excited about a plain waffle, lol. The things I get happy about... :crazy:

Well, if it's too concentrated for you, make a dilution. I've done that with a few "too strong for me" flavorings. So much easier to work with that way.

And add butter. ;)

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awww.... <3:hug: no, I hope I didn't come off like I was harshin' on ya! Just was excited about a plain waffle, lol. The things I get happy about... :crazy:

Well, if it's too concentrated for you, make a dilution. I've done that with a few "too strong for me" flavorings. So much easier to work with that way.

And add butter. ;)
Naw, I just luv ya girl so even though we may disagree at times it doesn't change my heart

I totally get were your coming from though and in a way I agree, just from a different way.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Naw, I just luv ya girl so even though we may disagree at times it doesn't change my heart

I totally get were your coming from though and in a way I agree, just from a different way.

You're makin' me blush.

Now go make me some waffles. :p

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah i hear ya - Placed an order for some (was the last bit of original flavor) from e-aromashop.com on 02/11 - fairly reasonable shipping and all considering.. just got an email today (6 days later 02/11) that my order will be delayed pending arrival of the new flavor !!????! WTF!!? Specifically ordered the original as it was 'in stock' and somehow it mysteriously disappeared ? was happy to find it before it was all gone and now DENIED.

What backalley hangouts does one go to to score? lol
"hey man.. need some INW waffle.. the org.. can you help a brother out... ?" ;p

and to top it all off.... JUST placed an order with BCF yesterday...
and also got an email that a flavor I was waiting on is back in stock there today - arrrghhh!

changing my nick to 'Son of Murphy' ;p
I think I got excited and misread the BCF email anyway, I think that 30% off only applies to their NEW FV flavors. But still a good deal to try them. ;)

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I got excited and misread the BCF email anyway, I think that 30% off only applies to their NEW FV flavors. But still a good deal to try them. ;)

Yeah same here lol.

Kinda funny though that they have a lot of the same stuff listed as 'new arrival" that has already been constantly in stock for months now. Guessing Flavorah's decision to raise half their newer bottle prices to $7.50+ on a 15ml wasn't the big success they hoped it be after a pretty good initial buzz. Like no reviews on most of it for months now either.

I did pull the trigger on Waffle though, just because. I been wanting to try the White Chocolate anyway and it's on there too.

LadyLuck

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks like it's gone forever :cry:
Does someone have any suggestion for another plain waffle?

IMG_20170315_120836.png

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So i just tried the Flavor West waffle in a mix I had steeping for about 5 weeks. Figured i did kinda like the one maple flavor I had tried previously (which was FA) in an RY4 i used to vape a lot so why not.

Worst. Flavor. Ever. Definitely in my top 5 at least. Whatever that is they are trying to pass off as maple is just brutal imo

VU Sponsors