VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Using this today but looking for another squonker mod.
Kanger 160 squonker with the CoilArt DPRO RDA that comes with a squonker pin which I received yesterday.

Capture.JPG2222222222222.JPG

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GeekVapes GBox S100 if you want a cheap one
yeah, no thanks:
I do have one. It's a nice box, the only four things I don't like about it:

1. The up and down buttons cannot be locked which is a big problem when it comes to the next con:
2. The placement of the squonk bottle is not as convenient as it seems. When you squonk, due to + and - buttons not being locked - you wattage gets changed because when trying to squeeze not the softest bottle you press + or - buttons with your palm.
3. The screen position cannot be flipped 180 degrees.
4. No upgradeable firmware since GBOX page doesn't even exist on GeekVape's website anymore so the issues 2 and 3 are never gonna be solved (solving issue 2 would automatically take care of the issue 1).

Plus, their 510 is press-fitted and while I haven't pulled it out yet it already turns along with the atty 10 degrees each way :D

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Currently in LOVE with this thing. I paid $130 for mine. Worth every damn penny. Lost Vape Drone, OG Goon, Chubby cap from Districtf5ve and a ZapWrapz Snake Skin and brushed Titanium.

I hate my wife's Wraith. Heavy for a single 18650 and really wide. Don't like how it feels in my hand. She loves it though.

I won't use anything that uses a proprietary bottle. One more thing to go wrong if they ever stop making it. Replacements could prove difficult.

View attachment 88922
Pretty much any 10 ml PET bottle from FT will work in the Wraith.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You in the US? If so shoot me a PM with your shipping info. I'll toss you a Reo Grand clone. It isn't much but at least it is something to get you by until you get better. :)

That is very generous of you. I'll send a pm asap. Thanks.

two2wheels

Member For 4 Years
Hello all! I have been researching for days trying to find regulated squonker mods but i end up seeing it go sold out. I have no shame on saying this but this is my first time getting into squonking and i heard so many good things about it but too bad there isnt much option out there for squonking mods. I would settle for a 75-80 watt as ill mostly run single coil option anyway but more than 75-80 watt would be nice too. I hear about Kanger dripbox 160 but i feel like they feel cheap and i'd rather hear other squonk mods out there for better option. MY budget is $120 or less. There is the FastTech option on ordering but it would take me days to get it. I could probably just pay the extra shipping for the 5-8 days but i would like to hear other options out there if there is any available from a different site that i have missed that offers USPS First Class Packaging or even Priority Mail. Now i kind of pin pointed down my option to Wraith by The Council of Vapor, HCigar VT Inbox (This one, i cant find any sites that offer this other than FastTech,3FVape, or even Gear Beast so please do share a site that offers USPS First Class or Priority Mail), Lost Vapes Therione DNA 75 (Although this might sound like theyre expensive, maybe i can get one for cheaper but its not a guarantee so please do share if you find one thats priced at $120 or less), and lastly the Geek Vapes GBOX S100 (This is literally the last option for me if i have to). Also, if you can, please provide the site that sells the squonker bottle of whichever you think the squonker regulated mod i should get :)
I ended up getting a Wraith for my first squonker bc it was CHEAP! ($36.98 with discount, on sale etc at 3F vape bought on July 13th). I gotta say, it isn't bad at all but chuck the RDA it comes with. That's right, it comes with RDA for under $40. RDA is pretty but I can't taste anything no matter how I build it. :(
Enough about that- the mod is HEAVY, real solid but I wouldn't want to carry it around in my pocket all day. It's very small despite it's weight. Cute.
The chip sucks but at least you have brainfart protection. After a few uses the trap door loosens up WHICH IS A GOOD thing bc I could barely open it at first. Bottle works fine, no leaking so far, easy to refill.
It's also very classy looking, even though the trim is just a sticker. The body is that rubberized kind of coating, feels nice in the hand but probably won't survive rough treatment. Good ergonomics too, fire button located just right for thumb-firing. This is far from the perfect squonker (only 80 w) but if you just want to see if you love squonking, it's not a crazy investment and it's really nice. I use it with a single coil atty (Pulse 22) and don't worry about the wattage.
I'm predicting that companies will be getting on the squonk train and making more affordable regulated squonk boxes and a variety of BF attys soon.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the record. The Geek Vape GBOX S100 is discontinued. They are supposed to release another squonk "soon".

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm in the market for a regulated squonker now. The K-160 looks good for higher temps. Gbox S200...my head is spinning.

I don't know if squonking requires lower or higher vw as I don't do TC.
A dual batt seems more obscure, as the single batt seems to satisfy most. I hear some are pretty heavy, like the Wraith.
I find that some squonkers will only take certain RDAs. I'd like something universal. Also, one that I can easily replace the bottle.
I've watched dozens of videos on all of them. The Therion is pricey but if it will work with all of the new BF RDAs I have, so be it.

I'd appreciate your help.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Trixy what wattage do you want to vape at? If below 75 is recommend the therion bf...if you desire battery life or over 75w, the gbox 200 is a great device. I've had zero issues with mine and it works great. It's a bit big, but it has great battery life and functionality.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm in the market for a regulated squonker now. The K-160 looks good for higher temps. Gbox S200...my head is spinning.

I don't know if squonking requires lower or higher vw as I don't do TC.
A dual batt seems more obscure, as the single batt seems to satisfy most. I hear some are pretty heavy, like the Wraith.
I find that some squonkers will only take certain RDAs. I'd like something universal. Also, one that I can easily replace the bottle.
I've watched dozens of videos on all of them. The Therion is pricey but if it will work with all of the new BF RDAs I have, so be it.

I'd appreciate your help.
It all depends on your vaping preference. I have the GBox 200 and it is rather large and heavy but battery life is good and a 24 mm atty has no overhang. I also have the Therion, both the 75 and 75C. The battery life seems better on the 75. I use them all in TC with a Haku, a Stumpy , a B2k and a Nuppin. I prefer single coil, 18mm - 22 mm rdas, but then again, that's me.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
there is also the vt inbox v3 at fasttech for about $66 using code MAP if you do want a dna chip.

Only thing I don’t like about the inbox is the size and wobbly doors. But for the price, it’s really hard to beat, especially if you intended on using TC. It’s definitely the best value of what’s out there.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only thing I don’t like about the inbox is the size and wobbly doors. But for the price, it’s really hard to beat, especially if you intended on using TC. It’s definitely the best value of what’s out there.
yeah, I am a bit less picky about TC than I used to be (after squonking on mechs) so I am leaning towards the RSQ myself due to the size and 'waterproof' chip.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Great advice! I've had tabs open for all of these for over a week. Looking at them each day. I need something that will handle 24mm. I have the GoVad RTA thats 24.3mm. It's a big atty. So event though I haven't tried squonking yet, I know I'm going to love it based on my research. You've all made very good points. I typically don't vape over 55w but when I had the Aura RTDA I was able to crank it up to 125w!!! I couldn't believe it.

I've looked at the following very closely. I'm pasting the links so I can close my freakin' tabs! lol

Oh! Any thoughts on the SnowWolf Vfeng? $70.95 - 15% for new subscribers. USNEW15
https://www.eightvape.com/products/snowwolf-vfeng-squonk-120w-tc-kit -

RSQ - $59.99
https://breazy.com/products/rigmod-hotcig-squonk-rsq-80w-box-mod-hotcig

Sigelei Fuchai 213 150w - $34.95 - 15% for new subcribers. USNEW15
https://www.eightvape.com/products/sigelei-fuchai-squonk-213-150w-kit?variant=365284425734

Kanger Dripbox 160w - $54.99
There was a coupon but I can't find it now. PLUS, I have 15 pre-made builds (5 boxes). Worth buying though? Only 22mm?
https://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/kanger-dripbox-160w-kit.html

Wraith 80w - $29.99!
https://ecig-city.com/products/council-vapor-wraith-80w

I like the RSQ, Fuchai and Wraith. I just can't make up my mind...or should I get all three? Women, huh?
The Kanger Squonk has a very good reputation, great feedback on reviews, but is there anything more to it than 22mm and premade builds?
I would also prefer to easily find replacement bottles in colors and soft ones. Not the PEI hard ones.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great advice! I've had tabs open for all of these for over a week. Looking at them each day. I need something that will handle 24mm. I have the GoVad RTA thats 24.3mm. It's a big atty. So event though I haven't tried squonking yet, I know I'm going to love it based on my research. You've all made very good points. I typically don't vape over 55w but when I had the Aura RTDA I was able to crank it up to 125w!!! I couldn't believe it.

I've looked at the following very closely. I'm pasting the links so I can close my freakin' tabs! lol

Oh! Any thoughts on the SnowWolf Vfeng? $70.95 - 15% for new subscribers. USNEW15
https://www.eightvape.com/products/snowwolf-vfeng-squonk-120w-tc-kit -

RSQ - $59.99
https://breazy.com/products/rigmod-hotcig-squonk-rsq-80w-box-mod-hotcig

Sigelei Fuchai 213 150w - $34.95 - 15% for new subcribers. USNEW15
https://www.eightvape.com/products/sigelei-fuchai-squonk-213-150w-kit?variant=365284425734

Kanger Dripbox 160w - $54.99
There was a coupon but I can't find it now. PLUS, I have 15 pre-made builds (5 boxes). Worth buying though? Only 22mm?
https://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/kanger-dripbox-160w-kit.html

Wraith 80w - $29.99!
https://ecig-city.com/products/council-vapor-wraith-80w

I like the RSQ, Fuchai and Wraith. I just can't make up my mind...or should I get all three? Women, huh?
The Kanger Squonk has a very good reputation, great feedback on reviews, but is there anything more to it than 22mm and premade builds?
I would also prefer to easily find replacement bottles in colors and soft ones. Not the PEI hard ones.
lol I personally have a cart loaded up with 2 x RSQ I keep talking myself out of.... maybe today is the day I lose that battle, we will see.

I think the RSQ is the obv winner of the ones you listed. That VFeng is really dumb imo with the 2 small bottles, and 2 possible leak points. Another one I was considering just got moved off the list after watching bogan's video on the capo 216. Lots of cussing in the video so not posting the link here.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Okay....WHO.BOUGHT.THE.LAST. KANGER 160W. AT TOTALLY WICKED???? THE SILVER ONE. ??????????

I'm a new squonker and was going to get that! If YOU were the one, please PM me. I would like to buy just the silver one from you.
I had a feeling once I posted my findings that SOMEONE would sweep them up since they are discontinued. How do you feel now? Great because you scored? Or a bit guilty that you bought the one I wanted??? If you would please come forward in a PM so I can purchase it from you, I would so appreciate it. PLEASE?!?!. I'm okay. Just a bit surprised since it's been listed for over 2 weeks and all of a sudden they are ALL gone. cCMON, LET ME HAVE THE SILVER ONE - PLEASE?

As for what I can still get, I like the RSQ, Wraith and Fuchai. I have about 5 RDAs for them, most at 24mm.
( :(still want the Kanger)

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay....WHO.BOUGHT.THE.LAST. KANGER 160W. AT TOTALLY WICKED???? THE SILVER ONE. ??????????

I'm a new squonker and was going to get that! If YOU were the one, please PM me. I would like to buy just the silver one from you.
I had a feeling once I posted my findings that SOMEONE would sweep them up since they are discontinued. How do you feel now? Great because you scored? Or a bit guilty that you bought the one I wanted??? If you would please come forward in a PM so I can purchase it from you, I would so appreciate it. PLEASE?!?!. I'm okay. Just a bit surprised since it's been listed for over 2 weeks and all of a sudden they are ALL gone. cCMON, LET ME HAVE THE SILVER ONE - PLEASE?

As for what I can still get, I like the RSQ, Wraith and Fuchai. I have about 5 RDAs for them, most at 24mm.
( :(still want the Kanger)

You know that the Kanger is a big mod. I take it to work sometimes and walk around with it, but it does get a bit cumbersome. I have a couple of VT Inboxes and I can put them in my shirt pocket (and hope the RDA doesn't leak). The RSQ looks to be about the same size as the Inbox. The single battery means changing it more often but that's really not a problem. I think my next mod will be the RSQ.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have both the Kanger 160 and the GBOX 200. I would skip the K160, it never did TC right. I would probably skip the Wraith also, it gets wobbly after a few months (I have two, one too wonky to use anymore ). The RSQ seems to be good tho I don't have one. The Lunas can handle a 24 mm atty but it is not a regulated mod.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someone did you a favor buying the last one. For just a little more cash you can a far better mod.

Edit to add - not knocking the Kanger, I have a few Dripbox 60w I use all the time.

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yeah, I sold mybrand new and sealed 60w nearly 2 years ago. Well, you all seem to recommend the RSQ and I'll check out the Lunas. Think I'll shop for the Kanger 60w, too. I have the replacement builds for it. As far as the K-160w, it would have remained here on my desk.

Thanks for your help. I feel so much better now. :)

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice! What colors did you get ?
silver, they were out of black, not a fan of blue, and I already have 2 pulses with red panels (one solid,, one frosted). I figure the silver version has enough black any of my rda shuld match up good. The only thing I am not excited about is the stupid carbon fiber stickers. If they end up peeling I figure I will just get the door/mod cerakoted.

Danimal77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think that the vt vis a great choice for a first time squonker. Dna 75 chip. Loved mine

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
silver, they were out of black, not a fan of blue, and I already have 2 pulses with red panels (one solid,, one frosted). I figure the silver version has enough black any of my rda shuld match up good. The only thing I am not excited about is the stupid carbon fiber stickers. If they end up peeling I figure I will just get the door/mod cerakoted.

You could also do a wrap. @stanglifemike has one from z-wraps and they have a lot of nice options.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
OH boy, can't wait for CNY to be over and for this to get released:

A Pulse squonk mod using the Gene chip sounds awesome!! I'll definitely be buying this if it's priced good. Now I'm excited for this to be released!!
Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Gene chip is a great chip and that's a good looking mod. I want one.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Beautiful and chipped! Still unregulated, huh? Gratz on your RSQ's!
what is unregulated? that box is obv regulated since it has a chip and tc mode...

Grabbed a pulse 22 at a local shop and they said they would have the 80w pulse boxes 'in a couple weeks'... can't wait, but my RSQ's are a nice substitute until then,..... minus the apparently bad battery efficiency/life. Hopefully the pulse does better in that regards.

I'll definitely be buying this if it's priced good.

$60 - 75 USD MSRP is the gossip

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 2 new RSQ:

And my current rotation and squonk collection.....

all RTA/tanks are in the stash, and once I get one or two more squonks that cartel/glok drip setup is out of here.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Wow. Nice rotation in front of your computer. I do the same. But yours are nicer.
:yes:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I work from home as well. I keep my mods on a microfiber cloth. Keeps the surface-ware off. I'm still looking for the atty swirl protectors. I had one but it was black, so is my monitor riser. Poof. Think the housekeeper dusted it off.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I bit the bullet on the Wraith for a first Squonker. Like the 7ml capacity. Still have links to the others. And yeah! I'd love a new Pulse Mod. Too afraid of the mechs.

VU Sponsors