Become a Patron!

Im new to forum I need help real quick

ImYou

Member For 3 Years
Ello all, so my cousin got me this as a wedding gift https://vapenw.com/g-hpriv-tc-220w-mod-by-smok no kit. I'm just waiting Sense Blazer Pro when it comes out.

Ima look around for batteries at IMR Batteries, but I don't know which to buy so many of em and I'm mostly gonna sub ohm using clapton and fused clapton, then later on work my way up more complex coil builds.
What dual batteries should I buy?

When ppl make their own coil builds, what wire(s) are they using when the coil changes colors?

Thank u adv.

Forgot to say around 60 - 95W

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Attachments

• IMG_0968.JPG
    IMG_0968.JPG
    353.9 KB · Views: 22

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would use either Samsung 30Q's or a similar 3000MAH battery for that kind of power level- resistance does not matter as it is regulated.

You will benefit from the extra capacity and still be within their CDR at 60-95 Watts.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would use either Samsung 30Q's or a similar 3000MAH battery for that kind of power level- resistance does not matter as it is regulated.

You will benefit from the extra capacity and still be within their CDR at 60-95 Watts.
Do NOT go by MAH.. as MAH is not a determining factor when it comes to power handling.... yes some high amp batteries have high mah. But most of the better high amp batteries have rather low mah... you want the highest amp rating you can get. You want a minimum of 20 amps. Preferably 25 or more..... if you stick with Samsung LG or Sony batts from reputable suppliers you be best off. There are other safe batts. Look for the Mooch Battery test data.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do NOT go by MAH.. as MAH is not a determining factor when it comes to power handling.... yes some high amp batteries have high mah. But most of the better high amp batteries have rather low mah... you want the highest amp rating you can get. You want a minimum of 20 amps. Preferably 25 or more..... if you stick with Samsung LG or Sony batts from reputable suppliers you be best off. There are other safe batts. Look for the Mooch Battery test data.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I do know that, but seeing as the question seemed more of a newer vapers question it seemed better to explain he could go for a higher capacity, 3000MAH cell for vaping between 60-95W. I gathered by mentioning the 30Q or similar it would be taken a 20A battery- I should of explained 20A.

It is finding a balance between capacity, and your max amps. Really the best of both is ideal.

By a similar 3000MAH battery I meant one of the 20A ones. But at 95W max in a dual 18650 setup, the 30Q, LG HG2 (even with its slightly lower rating by mooch of 18A) or similar will be perfect, giving a good balance of battery life without going into any danger areas.

I have wrote guides on this to help people understand, such as here https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...lating-amp-load-using-a-regulated-mod.128294/

A 25 or 30A battery will not be needed in this case though, so the extra capacity will be beneficial to the OP. I do apologise if I should of been clearer though.

ImYou

Member For 3 Years
I do know that, but seeing as the question seemed more of a newer vapers question it seemed better to explain he could go for a higher capacity, 3000MAH cell for vaping between 60-95W. I gathered by mentioning the 30Q or similar it would be taken a 20A battery- I should of explained 20A.

It is finding a balance between capacity, and your max amps. Really the best of both is ideal.

By a similar 3000MAH battery I meant one of the 20A ones. But at 95W max in a dual 18650 setup, the 30Q, LG HG2 (even with its slightly lower rating by mooch of 18A) or similar will be perfect, giving a good balance of battery life without going into any danger areas.

I have wrote guides on this to help people understand, such as here https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...lating-amp-load-using-a-regulated-mod.128294/

A 25 or 30A battery will not be needed in this case though, so the extra capacity will be beneficial to the OP. I do apologise if I should of been clearer though.

Damn kinda confused what battery to look for now. Let's say I vape around 100 - 150W, what battery am I suppose to look for?

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn kinda confused what battery to look for now. Let's say I vape around 100 - 150W, what battery am I suppose to look for?

For the H-Priv, if you want to go up to 150W, the VTC5A as @KingPin! said would be your best bet as it is good for 25A, so you will be safe using them at 150W, and also will give you a fair time before you need to charge them with their 2500MAH capacity.

Like I said it is really a balance of the batteries being safe for your maximum wattage, and enough capacity too. Of course you could get something like the LG HB6, which are good for 30A constant (32A by Mooch), but only 1500 MAH, so when you use them at more sedate power levels they won't last as long as the VTC5A which is a 2500 MAH battery, and with two you will definitely benefit from the increase in Watt hours (vaping time in easy terms).

If you planned on say 120W maximum, I would suggest some Samsung 30Q's, but for 150W it would be best to go for something with a higher CDR.

The VTC5A covers this, make sure it is the VTC5A and not the VTC5 though.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Actually I hate to contradict you, but the LG HG2's are not best performers for a higher wattage like 60+. My alien was the first mod I bought that takes 18650's. I got the chocolates for it and used it for 3 and half months. Vaping on my Baby Beast at 62.5 watts, I realized I needed some backup batts and an external charger as I was running low on power before bed. So I bought some Sony VTC4's and popped them in my mod.... HOLY WOW. All of a sudden my mod was hitting better and I was able to taste my juice better. I could even go up to 80 watts without my coil burning out and without all the extra warmth. I think maybe the HG2's are good for much lower wattage than 62.5 watts. Hell I got one in my Jac Vapour B Series Tilt mod that I won back in September. Its a 40 watt mod and the LG is perfect for it with long battery life and it hits good at 40 watts. But not for 60 watts at least in my own experience.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually I hate to contradict you, but the LG HG2's are not best performers for a higher wattage like 60+. My alien was the first mod I bought that takes 18650's. I got the chocolates for it and used it for 3 and half months. Vaping on my Baby Beast at 62.5 watts, I realized I needed some backup batts and an external charger as I was running low on power before bed. So I bought some Sony VTC4's and popped them in my mod.... HOLY WOW. All of a sudden my mod was hitting better and I was able to taste my juice better. I could even go up to 80 watts without my coil burning out and without all the extra warmth. I think maybe the HG2's are good for much lower wattage than 62.5 watts. Hell I got one in my Jac Vapour B Series Tilt mod that I won back in September. Its a 40 watt mod and the LG is perfect for it with long battery life and it hits good at 40 watts. But not for 60 watts at least in my own experience.

Sorry, and I hate to contradict you too, but in a regulated mod a battery will not be 'harder hitting'- it will either work, or reduce power and give a weak battery message. In a mechanical mod sure, there will be a difference between batteries and their voltage under load, but not with a regulated mod. Placebo effects can be very, very strong, I know this myself from past experiences.

62.5W will be the same with a set of VTC4's, 25R's or HG2's. Once you get to a level the batteries are sagging so much they can not send enough power to the input of the board the mod will simply reduce power.
If the HG2's could not output the power needed for the board to output 60-80W, I suspect they may have been bad, possibly a bad batch.

Also, you say the HG2 works great at 40W in a single 18650 device- you are drawing exactly the same from the HG2 at 40W in a single 18650 mod as you are at 80W in a series regulated mod, so to think they are great at doing exactly the same thing in one mod, while not in an other does make it seem likely a placebo effect.

In both cases they are drawing 12.9A maximum. (Assuming a 3.1V cutoff).

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I did say in my own experience... :rolleyes:
I realise that, and it wasn't meant in a bad way :) , I just like to be sure of things now when recommending or giving advice, due to having things wrong myself in the past.

I have found things myself that have seemed to be better than others, when there is no real explanation for it. The main thing that sticks out in my memory is when I was fairly new to vaping, and I knew Efest was not a great brand, but had been speaking to them directly, and was told about their 'new' 2900MAH, 35A battery.

I knew it would not be 35A, but thought I would give them a try as maybe they really had got some great cells, or made them themselves. They was adamant they was their own cells and convincing in conversation, so I bought a set.

I thought they was fantastic, better than my HG2's in my regulated mods, and even made a thread here stating how impressed I was with them. Then another person here I spoke to who is a battery vendor got some, and they turned out to be LG HG2's- so everything I had experienced was placebo lol.
That was when I realised if you think something is better, you may find it to really be better, even if it is in fact the same as what you already have, or in some cases worse.

VU Sponsors