Become a Patron!

I'm new and I need help

I'm going to go ahead and say thank you to anyone who can help.

I'm very new to the world of camping. I've only been doing it for about a 2 months. My first setup was a Smok Magnum 225 with a Smok Prince something, forgive me I'm new, and I would hit it on about 35w. I was told by my local shop that I should sell it and buy something that runs on a lower wattage. So I did. I now have a Wismec Reuleaux Tinker and a Wismec Column 300w starter. Now here comes the problem. I've had it for barely a week, and now I'm eating more of the juice than I'm smoking. Everything is brand new including the coil. I hit it on 40-45w, but it continues to pop and "spit" I think is the correct term. If anyone knows how to fix this, please send you're advice.

Again thanks a bunch

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kinda weird how that worked out. Were vaping at 35. The shop guy said buy something that goes lower. Now your vaping higher than before. What ohm coil is the one you have in the tank? The .15 is recommended from 80-100 watts. Underpowering is usually no problem but you may need to go up in watts a little more. I'm thinking the coil may have too much juice in it because you're not actually vaporizing all the juice. Think flooding sort of. Other will chime in I'm sure. And welcome to the Vu. Hope you get your issue figured out.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

I'm very new to the world of camping. I've only been doing it for about a 2 months. My first setup was a Smok Magnum 225 with a Smok Prince something, forgive me I'm new, and I would hit it on about 35w. I was told by my local shop that I should sell it and buy something that runs on a lower wattage. So I did. I now have a Wismec Reuleaux Tinker and a Wismec Column 300w starter. Now here comes the problem. I've had it for barely a week, and now I'm eating more of the juice than I'm smoking. Everything is brand new including the coil. I hit it on 40-45w, but it continues to pop and "spit" I think is the correct term. If anyone knows how to fix this, please send you're advice.

Again thanks a bunch
Well the column runs a .15 ohm coil. Try hitting it with about 20 more watts. My opinion.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/

Kinda weird how that worked out. Were vaping at 35. The shop guy said buy something that goes lower. Now your vaping higher than before. What ohm coil is the one you have in the tank? The .15 is recommended from 80-100 watts. Underpowering is usually no problem but you may need to go up in watts a little more. I'm thinking the coil may have too much juice in it because you're not actually vaporizing all the juice. Think flooding sort of. Other will chime in I'm sure. And welcome to the Vu. Hope you get your issue figured out.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk
Thank you I will try upping the wattage!

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay So I am nit not an expert. I personally like the pop and spit. It makes me feel like I am doing something. I vape (at home) an Ipv 8 or a Releaux gen 3 with a rda (Dead Rabbit or Medusa) at 70-100 watts. I like a juicy vape but not a painfull one. On the go I use an rx mini with a Prince or simular at 60-100 watts. But as I said I like it juicy. Sometimes I squonk a VV - Bf mech. But some complain about voltage drop. I use good batteries and build accordingly. Usually a Wasp nano or a Haladay clone. Please do not take my advice but at .15 voltage drop is not an issue. Not suggested, I pulse vape. But DO NOT USE ME AS AN EXAMPLE!!!! U

Okay So I am nit not an expert. I personally like the pop and spit. It makes me feel like I am doing something. I vape (at home) an Ipv 8 or a Releaux gen 3 with a rda (Dead Rabbit or Medusa) at 70-100 watts. I like a juicy vape but not a painfull one. On the go I use an rx mini with a Prince or simular at 60-100 watts. But as I said I like it juicy. Sometimes I squonk a VV - Bf mech. But some complain about voltage drop. I use good batteries and build accordingly. Usually a Wasp nano or a Haladay clone. Please do not take my advice but at .15 voltage drop is not an issue. Not suggested, I pulse vape. But DO NOT USE ME AS AN EXAMPLE!!!! U
Thank you for sharing!

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you for sharing!
I am new'ish considering the experience at VU. All I have learned has come from the members here sharing their experience. If it was not for them I would not be enjoying the Vape that I am enjoying now.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years

Again thanks a bunch
Did you buy the new gear from the same shop that told you you needed to sell the one you already had?, that apparently you were getting along with for a couple months?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
* looks befuddled, turns leaves room now recalling he heard Raymond Burr mention coffee *

Yeah, up the watts ought to help clear up spitting. Excuse me. :)

VU Sponsors