Become a Patron!

I'm looking for a mouth-to-lung RTA that doesn't LEAK

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been enjoying my Ehpro Kayfun clone as it produces the best flavor. However, when I go to work, I'm forced to use my Subtank Mini as it's the only tank I own that will not leak.

I know that my Kayfun is a clone and all, but I'm not sure if the real deal is better since it seems like the design makes it prone to leaking.

Right now I'm considering the Fogger and Orchid, but I know nothing about those devices so I'm gonna have to do some research.

In your opinion, whic Kayfune like RTA is 100% leak proof?

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had a lot of RTA's and I don't think 100% leak free exists. But you may want to checkout the lemo 2 or Kanger Subtank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I already have the Subtank Mini. Unfortunately, it's not very good at mouth-to-lung.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My ehpro kayfun 3.1 doesn't leak externally at all. The bottom cap that only the 3.1 has collects any leaks or condensation.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have several Kayfun V4s. They don't leak as long as you have a good Oring #16 (I bought a packet of spares)!

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright, I'm gonna check it out. Where should I place that Oring?

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm really clueless when it comes to Orings. Is this the right size?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think so. I wouldn't even worry about it until you get one. The Infinite clone (from FT, which is the best imo) comes with spare O rings.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The kayfun v4 has a ridiculous number of parts. So many that they include an exploded parts diagram with numbers assigned to every part. 16 is just the part number assigned to a certain oring in the kayfun 4.

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From where is your KF leaking? If you're dribbling from the air intake hole, you might simply be using too much wicking material (cotton I assume?). Also, what's the PG/VG ratio of the juice you're using? If you have a 3.1, Plus, or later version, are you adjusting the airflow to compensate for juice viscosity? Kayfuns are finicky little animals, but once you nail the build/performance down, they shouldn't ever leak on you unless you take them outside on a hot day.

I've had two KFL v1's in service since SvoeMesto put them on the market, and they're the only RTA's I've ever used (out of dozens) that never leak on me. From what I understand, EHPro's clone is spot-on so there shouldn't be much difference.

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah it's leaking from the air intake hole. Right now I'm vaping Kringle's Curse by Halo so I'm guessing it's about 80%PG 20%VG. Maybe I should try with a higher VG juice.

I'm also gonna try to rewick with less cotton.

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My girlfriend is mildly sensitive to VG and vapes 80PG, and that stuff leaks from every bottom-wicked tank I've put it in. She has to use top-coil clearos to completely avoid any sort of leaking. Might be difficult to keep any KFL-style RTA from dribbling with higher PG juice.

50/50 runs flawlessy in my stock airflow KFL's for high-powered mouth-to-lung vaping at 25 watts, never a leak. And using less cotton could also be a solution. Even with higher VG juice, too much cotton will over-saturate and eventually that excess juice in the wick will find it's way into the air channel. Make sure you don't have so much cotton on the deck that it doesn't let excess juice escape down the juice channels and back into the tank after every draw.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Or get a 3.1. Problem solved. The bottom cap design came before the lite for a reason. Doesn't even leak on hot days, isn't overly complex like the v4 and juice thickness doesn't matter.

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will consider this as an option. What are your thoughts on the Orchid V6 ?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Expromizer. I have 2. Never have had a leak. Best mouth to lung RTA IMHO.

VU Sponsors