Become a Patron!

I'm craving something WEIRD.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like a lot of you I spend some time looking at all of the hardware options that I have. I get a lot of enjoyment from looking at devices from the past and learning how things have evolved. I'm fairly new to vaping (been about a year and a half) and so I'm constantly coming across something intriguing. I learned about squonking a little before it was ðestined to become big several months ago.

Variable voltage
Pwm
Li-po
Stacked tubes
Parallel boxes
26650/18350/18500 anything

I'm dieing to try them all, but I realize that safety is a part of all of these things, plus I want to be thorough in learning and having fun.

So I need some advice. I've noticed that there are websites that seem to specialize in older tech and equipment. I can pick up a drawer full of mech mods for a few bucks or snag any number of old weird-o atomizer clones for pennies, literally in some cases. So if you have a website that you like that sells stuff like this please list it/them.

I would love to hear your advice on what device you think I might like. Only caveat is that I don't really want something with a built-in battery just because I don't feel up to taking it down and installing a new power supply right away.

I hope I'm making sense. I'm not concerned about it being something I can use all the time. I'm not looking to replace my Double Barrel or Hohm Wrecker or Goon squonker. Just looking for weird and fun. A conversation piece.

It's pretty apparent that the future of vaping can often be seen in the past. With the industry being so new its possible to dig in without immediately getting overwhelmed. :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh, I forgot to mention. I can budget about $100 right now for equipment. That can be a mod, or an atty, supplies... Whatever.

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well Strig, as to attys I can think of a couple.....The Marquis and the 454 Big Block....clones would be fine for either of these. Also the Twisted Messes V2, 13 Heavens 9 Hells, HellBoy rda, Aromamizer V2. Vaporider has a large selection of older attys. That ought to get you started. You can find really good prices on all of these older attys, clones or authentics.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome list to start me out with. Thanks! :)

I actually scored a 454 a couple of weeks ago at a local shop for $10. It's authentic too. It's definitely turned me on to vertical coils, although I won't be tossing out my drop, rabbit or any of the other new attys I have.

I bought a Rig mod v2 with the atty that they made to fit on it last night. Kind of a weird design. :)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
easy cowboy easy....there is a ton of stuff to try,pace yourself....all of us went out and bought out the whole candy store when were starting out,and threw most of it away....before you start buying mech mods up you need to understand battery saftey in all the mechs you use.

VU Sponsors