Become a Patron!

I'm a veteran vaper, fell off the wagon and I'm back again!

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Hello all!

My story is simple. I was a long time heavy smoker. And about 7yrs ago came across "ecigs". I had tried just about everything and was never able to quit until I bought my first vape from China. I was hooked instantly. Very quickly started realizing how important is was to spread the word. At the time vaping was still very underground in Quebec. I was one of the first few members of the Montreal community. I started a blog and doing YouTube reviews, etc. At one point I was one of the biggest vape bloggers in Canada ... ancient history now.

Fast forward about 6yrs I had slowly weened my self down to 0nic and eventually stopped vaping. A few months later I was smoking again ... it was a rough time ... felt like a total failure ...

After about 8mths of smoking I pushed hard to vape again and here I am.

I don't know what the future holds but I know this, I vape or I smoke. There are no other options for me. Everyday is a struggle but I'm getting there. 7days smoke free and vape only and I feel pretty good about it.

Looking forward to meeting some new folks and what I need to stay strong!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fast forward about 6yrs I had slowly weened my self down to 0nic and eventually stopped vaping. A few months later I was smoking again ... it was a rough time ... felt like a total failure ...

I don't know what the future holds but I know this, I vape or I smoke. There are no other options for me. Everyday is a struggle but I'm getting there. 7days smoke free and vape only and I feel pretty good about it.

This is why I pretty much always try to discourage people from that "weaning down to 0mg and then quitting completely" BS -- there's a word for people who do that: "relapsed smoker." When people ask me when I'm going to quit "that" like it's something awful that I should dearly want to be rid of, i say "Never, why should I? I'd just go back to smoking, if i did." NOT for the nicotine, and at this point, a year and a half free of it, not even for the WTA -- but FOR THE BEHAVIOR. I've done it since I was 13 yrs old, and I'm now 56 -- vaping satisfies the same urge, and it's one hell of a lot less deadly, stinky, and expensive than cigarettes!

Welcome back. I know how hard it is to do it for the 2nd time, though my relapse was after just 3.5 months, it still took a lot more steadfast effort than the first time, when the smoking just seemed to slowly fall away -- the 2nd time, it needed a good yank. :D

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hello and welcome. Good reminder to us all how easy it is to go back to smoking. Kudos for quitting again.

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
This is why I pretty much always try to discourage people from that "weaning down to 0mg and then quitting completely" BS -- there's a word for people who do that: "relapsed smoker." When people ask me when I'm going to quit "that" like it's something awful that I should dearly want to be rid of, i say "Never, why should I? I'd just go back to smoking, if i did." NOT for the nicotine, and at this point, a year and a half free of it, not even for the WTA -- but FOR THE BEHAVIOR. I've done it since I was 13 yrs old, and I'm now 56 -- vaping satisfies the same urge, and it's one hell of a lot less deadly, stinky, and expensive than cigarettes!

Welcome back. I know how hard it is to do it for the 2nd time, though my relapse was after just 3.5 months, it still took a lot more steadfast effort than the first time, when the smoking just seemed to slowly fall away -- the 2nd time, it needed a good yank. :D

Andria
Yep can't agree more. People used to ask me back in the day "when you gonna quit vaping" Now my answer would be "why? I'm trying to live life, not end it".

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep can't agree more. People used to ask me back in the day "when you gonna quit vaping" Now my answer would be "why? I'm trying to live life, not end it".

Yep. People who don't smoke because they quit years ago, or those who've never smoked, simply don't get it: WE LIKE DOING THIS. And those of us who did it for DECADES have a NEED for that behavior, and just deciding "oh, I'm gonna quit" does not remove that need, even if the desire is gone. And it's almost entirely the behavior, not the chemicals -- ask anyone who bites their nails. Twirls their hair. Crosses their legs and kicks their foot. Taps their pencil. Cracks their knuckles. Etc, etc, etc, etc.... Behavior is a MUCH harder thing to change than whether or not you consume certain chemicals. Especially when that behavior is stress relief. :)

Andria

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I still have my e cig from 7 years ago. I laugh at it time to time. I remember thinking it was going nowhere.

Lol ... was diggin through a bunch of old stuff I had: kanger cartos, old school dripping attys, a box of clearos, it's crazy how far we've come ...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lol ... was diggin through a bunch of old stuff I had: kanger cartos, old school dripping attys, a box of clearos, it's crazy how far we've come ...

I've still got some Boge XL standard resistance (2.5Ω) cartos; I let my son use them when he first switched, because a) the draw is tight, like a cigarette; b) they're actually a really good way to vape, when you first start; very convenient! and c) it was a good way for him to try out different flavors without a lot of hassle. He's moved on now, 3 months smoke-free; I got him building coils with my old Kayfuns; Cromwell PIFed a Subtank Mini, and my son loves it! and another friend PIFed a Magma Reborn, with both a regular and BF 510 pin; so far, he's using it as a standard RDA, but really loves it, and I daresay it won't be long before he jumps on the squonk train too. :D I'm just so pleased at how easy it's been for him to switch from smoke to vape -- maybe having a live-in vape mentor with lots of vape goodies helped. ;)

Andria

VU Sponsors