Become a Patron!

im a new vapor

im a new vapor i bought a patriot rda and i bought a 30w ipv i want to make my own coils but i dont know how to do it i have some 26 gadge wire how may raps do i need to be safe and good clouds???????????

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK 5/64th drill bit is roughly 2mm.
7/8 wraps should put you at .65 or so ish maybe a bit higher.
Wrap another coil for the other side if you have the air holes. should put you around .35-.4 and your ipv should be able to hack that.

My brain is not firing on all cylinders my first coil estimate may be off.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK 5/64th drill bit is roughly 2mm.
7/8 wraps should put you at .65 or so ish maybe a bit higher.
Wrap another coil for the other side if you have the air holes. should put you around .35-.4 and your ipv should be able to hack that.

My brain is not firing on all cylinders my first coil estimate may be off.

I thought the IPV at 30 watts couldn't fire below 0.5 ohms?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi and welcome!

Good - you've got a regulated device for safety.

Bad - the rest. You're definitely going to need to spend some time in the rebuildable forum learning a bit about how to build coils...26 gauge is a good wire to start with, not too thin but not too aggressive, but the number of wraps is going to depend on what size screwdriver/drill bit/other hunk of metal you're wrapping around.

Definitely get an ohm checker before you even attempt to vape anything you've built. Shoot for maybe 1.2 ohm to start, then you can gradually descend into the sub-ohm (less than 1.0) level once you have a better handle on what you're doing. You shouldn't need to go crazy low, like the 0.2 ohm and below guys, because you're using a regulated device that will help you get more vapor out of higher ohm coils and that won't even fire the super-low builds to begin with...

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK if the .5 is the lower limit 7/9 wraps would put you .10-.15 above the cut off or more, with one air hole set up you are golden as all get out.

VU Sponsors