Become a Patron!

iJust 2 Issues

Hi, I purchased an iJust 2 from one of my local vape shops and I loved it for the first couple day that I had it. However, a couple of things have been happening to/with it that have been concerning me. And though I know I'm probably going to receive some flak for this I'm questioning the validity of the product and am starting to believe it could quite possibly be a clone.

First off the pyrex glass does not seem to be seated properly on the tank. Second, my e-juice has been leaking through the air flow control holes when I leave it vertical overnight. Third, there's not a CE or Do Not Dispose (trashcan with an x through it) on either the battery or the tank. Fourth, there is what appears to be some type of serial number above the charging port.

Other than that I have been burning through atomizers like crazy. Now I know the life of the atty is completely dependent on how heavy you vape, but I've gone through three within a two week span which is completely ridiculous. Started out with the 0.3 EC Head that came with the deceive which work fine for maybe a week or so I thought. I ended up getting a burnt taste after about 3 days but I brushed it off thinking it was nothing. I started looking for a "better" atty and ended up replacing it with the Atlantis V2 0.3 coil head. I primed it, put about .5 a mil on the coil itself then a couple drops on the holes around it, took a couple primer hits, and let it sit for an hour. At first it was working alright, but then not even hours after it got that burnt taste again. So I took the atty out and took it apart to find that the cotton was burned beyond belief. I replaced it again with another Atlantis coil and I'm having the same issues with it.

I emailed Eleaf to see if they could tell me anything about it, however they are taking an ungodly amount of time to respond. So I was wondering if anyone on here could help me out to figure out what's going on.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All Eleaf products come with an Authenticity scratch off card inside the box somewhere that is how to check for authenticity, if you do not have that go back to your local vape shop with these problems, that is the best way to fix it, when Eleaf gets back to you the first thing they will ask is your serial number and authenticity code, if you can not provide that they will not help.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay, lets see...

first off the pyrex glass does not seem to be seated properly on the tank.
One reason for the leakage and improper pressure difference inside the tank, the liquid will escape the unsealed tank instead of getting into your cotton.

Third, there's not a CE or Do Not Dispose (trashcan with an x through it) on either the battery or the tank.
The CE symbol will never be on the tank, it should be on the battery though but not always necessary.

Second, my e-juice has been leaking through the air flow control holes when I leave it vertical overnight.
Other than that I have been burning through atomizers like crazy.
I primed it, put about .5 a mil on the coil itself then a couple drops on the holes around it, took a couple primer hits, and let it sit for an hour. At first it was working alright, but then not even hours after it got that burnt taste again.
The only reason this could happen is if the leaked liquid is escaping from underneath the coil and not "through" the cotton/coil, the coil head should have a rubber seal on the bottom that screws on to the tank base to seal that, is the seal in place and coil head screwed in firmly? it appears your tank is defective, the pressure difference inside is flawed, your liquid is leaking from underneath the coil or through the unseated glass and is not running through your cotton, your cotton is dry, when you fire it it burns.

Check all the tank's o-ring seals are intact and in place, otherwise getting the tank replaced should fix your problems.

greasegizzard

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought one of these back in November. It was my first device coming back to vaping this time. I didn't care for it at all. I would randomly get burnt hits from it. I ended up going the next day and buying a TC60W. I just figured it was me doing something wrong, or that the device just didn't fit my vaping style. Burnt hits would some times be the first pull after it sitting for a while, some times after a normal pulls. I wish I could offer you some advice, but I didn't keep mine long enough to try and figure anything out with it. I'd be interested to know what you find out from Eleaf.

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Other than that I have been burning through atomizers like crazy. Now I know the life of the atty is completely dependent on how heavy you vape, but I've gone through three within a two week span which is completely ridiculous. Started out with the 0.3 EC Head that came with the deceive which work fine for maybe a week or so I thought. I ended up getting a burnt taste after about 3 days but I brushed it off thinking it was nothing. I started looking for a "better" atty and ended up replacing it with the Atlantis V2 0.3 coil head. I primed it, put about .5 a mil on the coil itself then a couple drops on the holes around it, took a couple primer hits, and let it sit for an hour. At first it was working alright, but then not even hours after it got that burnt taste again. So I took the atty out and took it apart to find that the cotton was burned beyond belief. I replaced it again with another Atlantis coil and I'm having the same issues with it.
We sell a ton of the iJust 2 kits in our shops. Some people have really bad luck with the .3 ohm EC coils. It is a matter of vaping style compared to the power used with them. A fully charged battery with the .3 ohm coil is utilizing 58.8 W. With the airflow of the tank it requires a rather hard pull to not burn up the coils at that wattage. I would suggest the other EC coil that is .5 ohm. The maximum wattage will be closer to 35 W. Your coils will last considerably longer. Once a coil's cotton is burned by the coil it starts to leak far more readily. You will of course not experience as much vapor production, but based on your complaints with the system it will likely make your investment far more usable. Our customers seem to be split down the middle as far as coil preference with the iJust 2 kit. But most of our customers using the tank on a regulated device buy the .5 ohm as it actually has a higher maximum wattage rating than the .3 ohm coil.

uniman4

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought the Ijust2 recently, and I am going to return it, I hate it. I love the power and hits its produces, but EVERY coil I put in it burns out right away if i take a long hit.

Now, if you want something you have to constantly baby, or take 2 seconds hits with, this might be your device. For me though, I think it's a hunk of junk, hate it, and am going to return it.

Only reason I got it was it was what my local vape shot was selling. I was going to just buy the Halo Tracer online, and am going back to that plan instead.

Never seen a device that burns out any coil you put in it instantly if you try to pull from it longer than 2 seconds. Clouds are massive tho, I will give it that.

VU Sponsors