Become a Patron!

IJOY RDTA 200w

Got mine in the mail yesterday, put the pre built coil that came with it on .15 Kanthal , filled the tank , dripped some juice on my cotton . Hit fire button for about 3 to 4 seconds and it burst into a big flame. Blew it out and again second time same thing..... A little worried about even trying to take a hit off of it and dont know what I am doing wrong???

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Either your wicking is wrong, meaning that no juice is reaching some parts of the cotton or you have the mother of all hotspots.

What is "too high"? Hi, btw. I was using Nebox. I just received rdta today. I plugged the imc_coil 3 prebuilt, put some juice, both on the cotton and in the tank, chose power mode, opened the airflow. However, I tried it at different wattage in power mode, the beast gets too hot, I almost burned my lips. What am I doing wrong? Help pls.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
What is "too high"? Hi, btw. I was using Nebox. I just received rdta today. I plugged the imc_coil 3 prebuilt, put some juice, both on the cotton and in the tank, chose power mode, opened the airflow. However, I tried it at different wattage in power mode, the beast gets too hot, I almost burned my lips. What am I doing wrong? Help pls.
lower the wattage setting

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Even at the lowest, which is 5W, same thing happens. It is overheated. It gets so hot in less than a second.
something sounds wrong with your build. that should be impossible. are you sure you don't have hot spots in your build? did you make sure to remove the hot spots prior to wicking and are all your screws tightened down?

something sounds wrong with your build. that should be impossible. are you sure you don't have hot spots in your build? did you make sure to remove the hot spots prior to wicking and are all your screws tightened down?
Something is definitely wrong. I don't know if it is related to the machine or me. Everything is brand new. Don't know what you mean by "hot spots" exactly, but if you mean the wire, there shouldn't be a problem as it is new and the prebuilt one that comes with the box.

Something is definitely wrong. I don't know if it is related to the machine or me. Everything is brand new. Don't know what you mean by "hot spots" exactly, but if you mean the wire, there shouldn't be a problem as it is new and the prebuilt one that comes with the box.
Should I try another prebuilt coil and see if it is the coil or not?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
yeah even the premade one's have hot spots that need to be worked out. sounds like that is your issue.
take a look here (skip to the 9min mark) and using ceramic tweezers you'll see how i work out hot spots. it should glow evenly from the center before wicking

VU Sponsors