Become a Patron!

IJOY Genie Kit. "Set me! Your backlight"

Vape Path

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Some time ago I got the kit from IJOY, which was presented 1,5 months ago and impressed me in the way of beautiful insert and flashlight on the back side. And now, guys, I would like to present you IJOY Genie Kit.

DSC_1017.jpg

It came to me in a beautiful dark box, on the sides of which we can find some important info, such as the picture of setup, contacts, set and color info with preview of such an invention of Chinese designers.

DSC_1022.jpg
DSC_1024.jpg

The set is great and consists of not only some adds, but with very useful bonuses.

DSC_1082.jpg

IJOY Genie kit set:
1 * IJOY Genie box mod;
1 * IJOY Captain Sub ohm atomizer;
2 * 20700 battery;
1 * Replacement coil head CA2 (0,3 Ohm);
1 * Replacement coil head CA3 (0,25 Ohm);
1 * USB cable;
1 * Insert to back cover;
1 * Vape band;
1 * Adapter to 510 drip tip;
1 * Hexagonal key;
2 * O-rings;
1 * Spare insert to filling ring;
1 * Screw for the filling ring;
1 * User manual;
1 * Warranty card​

IJOY Genie box mod has a polygonal form with circled corners, 0.96 OLED display and has a controllable flashlight and backlight.
It works with the help of two 20700 batteries without possibility of use 18650 with adapter, I'm worry because of that.

IJOY Genie parameters:
Sizes: 87 mm * 45 mm * 43 mm;
Color: Black, silver, rainbow, gunmetal​

On the face side of device there is a big "Fire" button, informative black'n'white display, "+" and "-" rocker and micro USB port.
The "Fire" button works without misfires, replies momentally and has no backlashes. The rocker has a little backlash, but also works perfectly.

DSC_1031.jpg

The display is of a good brightness level and is really informative. There is a little overcrowding of elements at the bottom, but indices don't nix each other.

On the sides there are to wave type lines, where, under a metal grid, there are diodes, which response for a backlight.

DSC_1034.jpg

The back side includes compartment for 20700 batteries and some magnets, which hold the cover. As for the last one, it has a flashlight and special plume, which, being connected to contacts on the top of the body, make it works.
The cover suits here good, don't jingle, and has a micro backlashes from the sides, which work as a venting holes. Don't worry, you won't see them while use the device!

DSC_1047.jpg

On the top we have the 510 spring-loaded connector and platform, which allows us to set atomizers up to 26 mm. Well, if it only was centered....

DSC_1045.jpg

The main screen shows us some indices, such as wattage, temperature, mode name, voltage, resistance, puffs, battery indicator.
Of course, they depend on mode, which you will choose.

For to turn the device on/off - push the "Fire" button for 5 times.

DSC_1088.jpg

For to enter settings menu - push "Fire" for 3 times, and you will see the tree of settings, where you can navigate using "Fire". The activation of chosen parameter is made by pushing "+".

DSC_1092.jpg

"P" - power mode.
"T" - temperature control mods, such as TC (Ni, Ti, Ss) and TCR (M1, M2) and return to main menu.

DSC_1088.jpg
DSC_1098.jpg
DSC_1099.jpg

Little lamp sign - means the menu of backlight settings, where you can choose between 5 types of colors, and the possibility of set your own RGB code (C1, C2).

DSC_1093.jpg
DSC_1094.jpg

DSC_1096.jpg
DSC_1095.jpg

The sign of a list - allows to choose between 4 wattage modes:
NORM - the level which was set by user;
SOFT - wattage be higher on 20%;
HARD - wattage be higher on 30%;
USER - you can set 6 indices of wattage as you want

DSC_1100.jpg
DSC_1101.jpg

TCR - here you can set M1 and M2 parameters.

DSC_1106.jpg

Vape Path

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Set - here you can reset puff counter and set the timeout of the screen.

DSC_1107.jpg

For to turn the flashlight on/off - you need to push a special button on battery compartment cover for three times and choose between 3 levels of lightning.

DSC_1053.jpg

If you clamp "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously, you will see the accurate resistance.

If you want, can correct the resistance, when set on a new atomizer. Set it on and control it by "+" or "-" buttons.

To see the firmware version, you need to turn the INOY Genie on and see the logo and little figures. They shows it.

The plate of INOY Genie has some protections, and if anything goes wrong - the system will message you (look at user manual and remember them).

DSC_1091.jpg

IJOY Genie specifications:
Wattage: 5-234W;
Output voltage: 1-8V;
Output current: 1-50A;
Resistance: 0,05-3 Ohm;
Modes: Power, TC (Ni, Ti, SS), TCR (M1, M2);
Temperature range: 159-315°C/300-600°F
Thread: 510, spring-loaded;
Battery: Two high-rated 20700;
Firmware update: Yes;
Other options: RGB backlight, flashlight​

The complete atomizer IJOY Captain S was presented in 10 different colors, but in such a set we have only 4 versions for to suite the color of box mod.
It's not little, has a 25 mm diameter and is convenient for service.

DSC_1054.jpg

IJOY Captain S parameters:
Height: 57 mm;
Diameter: 25 mm;
Capacity: 4 ml​

The atomizer consists of 6 parts: of base, replacement coil head, glass tube, chamber with shaft, top cap and drip tip. Ad for fixing, it's of the thread type, except the tube and coil head, which has no thread fix with base.

The base's made for replacement coil heads, has a bottom airflow, swimming pin and some notches around its body.
The tube's made of a middle-width Pyrex-glass and can be replaced if being damaged.

DSC_1074.jpg
DSC_1070.jpg

Replacement coil heads are of 2 types - CA2 and CA3 (0,25 and 0,3 Ohm).
They are convenient, because you now don't need to screw them into base and unscrew when need to change: all you have to do is unscrew the base, take off the head and set in a new one.
The flavor is not bad, but they need to show more to reach tank level.

DSC_1079.jpg

The chamber is monolithic to shaft and has big cuts at the bottom, which target the juice to coil heads. Also, chamber has no possibility of control such a juice impregnate.
The shaft is of a middle width and length, has a thread on the top for being fixed to top cap.

DSC_1076.jpg

Top cap has a «slider» system and fixes to a shaft with a thread. The filling window is wide enough for to fill glass tube with different types of bottles. On the face side we see a name of device series – «Captain». It also has some convenient cuts, which make screwing easier.

DSC_1067.jpg

DSC_1068.jpg

Drip-tip is made of delrin, doesn`t get hot, while using. If you prefer a cigarette tight – you can use a special adapter, which will suite your favorite 510 drip-tip.

DSC_1066.jpg

Pros:
Box mod design;
Atomizer design;
Informative display;
Quality and assembly;
Backlight;
Flashlight;
Batteries are in set;
Bottom airflow;
Top filling;
Convenient coil head replacement

Cons:
Price;
No possibility of using 18650;
No RBA;
Not centred connector

DSC_1028.jpg

СV
As in most reviews of such a type of devices, I really like box mod, but am not really satisfied with Sub ohm atomizer.
IJOY Genie is the device, which won't stay on a shelf: you will use it, i'm sure.
Of course, there are some cons, but the most critical is, that connector isn't centered. You may laugh, but I think, tgat backlight and flashlight are suitable here.
As for atomizer, I will be glad to see the RBA for it for to compensate the price of the kit, which isn't really low and is of 107$!
My advice is to buy the box mod and choose anything else for to make a chain with it, not a sub ohm machine.​

You can buy it here.

VU Sponsors