Become a Patron!

Ijoy EXO XL

I've had this tank using the CL-4 coils for a couple of months and it seems like I'm constantly having to loosen the lid to prevent dry hits. I'm also having leak issues. Any suggestions ? When it's working correctly I'm happy with the flavor but the cons mentioned make it annoying.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to VU! :wave:

What juice type are you running in this coil?
50/50 mix -- 70/30 mix -- Max VG ?

Do you chain vape it ?
What wattage are you running these coils at with your juice?

This coil "should" be able to handle 80/20 or Max VG, but from what you are describing the juice is not wicking quick enough.

It's possible that you are over powering the coil and burning off what juice has wicked into the cotton quicker than it absorb more juice, especially if using Max VG. When you loosen the lid, you are removing the vacuum build-up in the tank, thereby allowing the juice to "freely" flow into the cotton faster due to gravity.

0.15ohm XL-C4 Chip Coil - rated for 50-215W

Welcome to VU! :wave:

What juice type are you running in this coil?
50/50 mix -- 70/30 mix -- Max VG ?

Do you chain vape it ?
What wattage are you running these coils at with your juice?

This coil "should" be able to handle 80/20 or Max VG, but from what you are describing the juice is not wicking quick enough.

It's possible that you are over powering the coil and burning off what juice has wicked into the cotton quicker than it absorb more juice, especially if using Max VG. When you loosen the lid, you are removing the vacuum build-up in the tank, thereby allowing the juice to "freely" flow into the cotton faster due to gravity.

0.15ohm XL-C4 Chip Coil - rated for 50-215W

Right now I have 50/50 but I've used 70/30 with similar results. I thought the 50/50 might wick better but the main thing that did was leak worse.

I've tried anywhere from about 80-130W, the 130 tastes fine when it's working right. I typically don't chain vape.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've had this tank using the CL-4 coils for a couple of months and it seems like I'm constantly having to loosen the lid to prevent dry hits. I'm also having leak issues. Any suggestions ? When it's working correctly I'm happy with the flavor but the cons mentioned make it annoying.
I use mine with 70/30 and 80/20 no issues. the C4 coil works really well for me. I never had vapor lock. the C2 coil however is way overpacked and won't wick well and burn out fast. what wattage are you using? I find them best around 90-110 watts personally

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Anywhere from 95-130w. I haven't used the c2 that came in the kit. I bought a c3 but haven't tried it out yet.
Doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong.
I'd take it apart and clean it, make sure all the orings are in place and put ti back together and see what happens

VU Sponsors