Become a Patron!

Ijoy EXO RTA

manos58

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only solution is to shorten the glass of Griffin 25 plus .Diameter wise fits ok said DX9 on posts #122 & #124 .It is 1 mm taller though .Spare glasses for griffin 25 plus can be found easily .If you use a thin glass sand paper you might be able to shorten the glass that extra 1mm . You need to wet the sand paper and put it flat on a hard surface eg table ,wrap the glass with some tape hold it firmly and vertical to the sanding surface and start making small circles .Keep it wet all the time .That might work :)

Big-Al

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only solution is to shorten the glass of Griffin 25 plus .Diameter wise fits ok said DX9 on posts #122 & #124 .It is 1 mm taller though .Spare glasses for griffin 25 plus can be found easily .If you use a thin glass sand paper you might be able to shorten the glass that extra 1mm . You need to wet the sand paper and put it flat on a hard surface eg table ,wrap the glass with some tape hold it firmly and vertical to the sanding surface and start making small circles .Keep it wet all the time .That might work :)
Thanks, that might be a solution if none other is found. You say wrap the glass in tape?what kind and how? Just around the outside?

Big-Al

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do they make sand paper for glass, what grit size would be best, 400? Or should I use a lower grit?

manos58

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks, that might be a solution if none other is found. You say wrap the glass in tape?what kind and how? Just around the outside?
Yes ,just to grab it firmly .Leave 2-3 mm uncovered .Glass needs special sanding paper ,extra hard and surely 400 or above .Also water to keep the temperature as low as possible .Like the one chef use to sharpen their knives .But you have to keep it always vertical to the sanding surface so that you won't end up with uneven height .I guess any big store with tools will have glass sanding paper .If nothing else is found may be it's worth to give it a try .2$ is the cost for a geekvape glass

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did use PayPal but I'm not sure if I can file a claim and get my money back without sending the product back, I am happy with keeping the product I just wish ijoy would fulfill my wish and replace my glass tube for me.
That damage isnt even with Ijoy , its the place where you bought it ,
Expecting i joy to replace something that has no defects is just mind boggling ,
They manufacture an send out to retailers , it damage occurred its with the retailer not ijoy ,since its not a defective product , use your PayPal claim back from retailers , was the best advise , i joy has no say in it , they didn't break the glass , an thats the retailers that sold it to you ,
its a cheap tank not like it has warranty on it like a Expensive dna mod ,
Rather than all the troubles of keep contacting every one go paypal put in a claim as not what you ordered an go that route , you might need to send it back, or be sent out a replacement , or just use funds to buy one that isnt broken , tberes only one 6ml glass , so many others will face this , if was fasttech they at least ship out spares when pictures of damage is shown , ive just got some shipped for a different tank Taifun gtv3 came with broken glass they shipped me spares out today

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

manos58

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I joy states that it is 510 drip tip
201612221710507285.png

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mine will be here tomorrow, sitting at the local post office as I write this!

Happily, the SS 430 claptons will arrive with the letter carrier too!

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
After waiting 3 weeks for this thing to come I fell out into the floor when I seen that cracked glass sitting inside that box. I have looked everywhere online including Amazon and eBay, hard to believe that Ijoy does not have replacement parts on their website. I am hearing a lot of people complain about their customer service, so this really scares me.

Were it me, I'd do the chargeback.
Let whoever sold it sort out replacement glass.
My job is only to buy and enjoy things, not to structure logistics for manufacturers.

I've had good luck with Fastech, 3FVape, and Gearbest.
All have sent me crappy items, all asked for a video, all refunded or replaced the item once they had the video. None asked for a return.

DetroitVapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
let me check i thought someone said it's a regular 510 but I'll check and see
Yea we had checked for TFV8 tips and found out that they didn't fit. That was the only one so far. Ive tried a few random ones I had laying around and they fit sorta kinda. They don't sit flush.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On a good news note, my Exo from fasttech got processed through NY last night.

Kinda wishing I would of had the balls to just roll the dice on a black now though :)

Placed my order on Fasttech for a black one on March 5th and received it today. No problems what so ever with it so far. I had watched a couple of reviews where the reviewer says that the juice control was a little loose and that was pretty much the only con. Not on this black one that I have....JC is perfect. Wicks like a dream....flavor is excellent....no leaking...single coil deck build was a cinch. Using one of the fused claptons that came with it at .35 ohms. I should have purchased two because I'm ready to buy another one :D

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a shame about the 6ml glass. Hopefully some replacement gets out there. The tank is amazing.

Big-Al

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I have a update on my Exo RTA glass tube issue. I contacted a company call Vapesoon whom I noticed were producing a lot of OEM glass replacements online. They kindly responded very quickly and said that they were in fact planning to produce glass for this tank and was going to post online within a day or so. I was not too sure about this and very skeptical, but within minutes they sent me two direct links in my email to order these replacements on aliexpress.com. sure enough they are in fact selling them there and they are listed as new arrival product!!!! so as of right now this is the only place you can get them, shipping is probably really slow, but at least there is a source to get them now, could not have came at a better time.
Here is a link for anyone who wants to stock up, you can buy them in singles, 5 or 10 packs!!!

m.aliexpress.com/search.htm?keywords=glass+tube+EXO+RTA#/

I purchased a 5 pack of the 2 ml glass sections and 2-6ml tubes. Sew-in feel of this tank going stock up on glass cuz you never know when you might need extra, I plan on running this tank for a while I love it that much.

Big-Al

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Placed my order on Fasttech for a black one on March 5th and received it today. No problems what so ever with it so far. I had watched a couple of reviews where the reviewer says that the juice control was a little loose and that was pretty much the only con. Not on this black one that I have....JC is perfect. Wicks like a dream....flavor is excellent....no leaking...single coil deck build was a cinch. Using one of the fused claptons that came with it at .35 ohms. I should have purchased two because I'm ready to buy another one :D
I also seen plenty of people complain about the juice flow control being loose, mine is fine it actually has a nice restriction on it. It actually seems to be tighter than the juice flow control on my geekvape ammit.

Big-Al

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's a shame about the 6ml glass. Hopefully some replacement gets out there. The tank is amazing.

Here is a link to some that was sent to me by a company called vapesoon. I contacted them and they literally just started producing them and put them on aliexpress.com today. Could not have come at a better time LOL.

Big-Al

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can get some spare class for this tank here it literally just came on aliexpress.com today. I emailed the company who makes these this morning and he sent me these links.

Big-Al

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Drip tips, don't forget drip tips lol. we need to find good replacements
And Grub screws LOL. The grub screws on this tank are not very strong.you have to be very very easy with them. I contacted a company this morning who is just adding glass Replacements to aliexpress.com and are new arrival products.

Here is a link for glass replacement for this tankm.aliexpress.com/search.htm?keywords=glass+tube+EXO+RTA#/

Big-Al

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That damage isnt even with Ijoy , its the place where you bought it ,
Expecting i joy to replace something that has no defects is just mind boggling ,
They manufacture an send out to retailers , it damage occurred its with the retailer not ijoy ,since its not a defective product , use your PayPal claim back from retailers , was the best advise , i joy has no say in it , they didn't break the glass , an thats the retailers that sold it to you ,
its a cheap tank not like it has warranty on it like a Expensive dna mod ,
Rather than all the troubles of keep contacting every one go paypal put in a claim as not what you ordered an go that route , you might need to send it back, or be sent out a replacement , or just use funds to buy one that isnt broken , tberes only one 6ml glass , so many others will face this , if was fasttech they at least ship out spares when pictures of damage is shown , ive just got some shipped for a different tank Taifun gtv3 came with broken glass they shipped me spares out today

I just wanted ijoy to sell me a replacement glass tube, and apparently that was too much to ask for them and they will not sell them individually. I am not about waiting on receiving a new tank altogether, and I sure as hell am not going to pay to ship it back. My main concern was to just simply get a replacement glass for it since the rest of the tank was legit. Because it's such a new product no one has made any glass replacements.I was not asking ijoy to make good on a mistake that the original seller did because chances are it was damaged during shipping. I am totally happy paying a couple of dollars for a new glass because I got this tank super cheap. My issue is with Ijoy and how they handled this by telling me they do not sell replacement glass individually for the EXO series tanks. The emails they sent me were ridiculous and I have never experienced that kind of lousy customer service with anything ever. Besides this is a Great tank and I plan on running it for a while so I want to be able to replace the glass if needed anyway.

Big-Al

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been reading a lot of reports about The Black one having connection problems possibly because of it being painted around the 510 is under the deck. Curious to hear if yours is okay. You're going to love this tank.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mine have arrived. Glass is all fine, already swapped the glass for the larger size.
Swapped the deck on one to see if the single coil is good or not.
3FVape got them here in 9 days order to door.

Big-Al

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome. The single deck is what makes this tank IMO.flavor is a bit hotter with the dual, nice dense wet clouds in single. That's why I got this tank, in dual mode it's nothing special and I would think the flavor is better in shorty mode cause it's like a rda and practically no chimney. Try it in 2ml with single coil, I promise you'll fall in love.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome. The single deck is what makes this tank IMO.flavor is a bit hotter with the dual, nice dense wet clouds in single. That's why I got this tank, in dual mode it's nothing special and I would think the flavor is better in shorty mode cause it's like a rda and practically no chimney. Try it in 2ml with single coil, I promise you'll fall in love.

I agree. On my second day with it and I don't see it being replaced by anything else I have.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mine have arrived. Glass is all fine, already swapped the glass for the larger size.
Glad to hear this. Ordered mine from 3f a few days ago.

Big-Al

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was on the ropes about getting a Merlin mini or serpent mini, after using a Ammit for a month straight. The ammit is good but sometimes struggles to keep up wicking if you serial vape lol, bubble get trapped.when I seen this I knew it would be great cause of the wider diameter and merlin style wicking.if the merlin mini and ammit had a child it would be the EXO lol.

Big-Al

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try it In 2ml single coil mode, it's heaven, it's what makes this tank soooo good, you'll love it! !!

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was on the ropes about getting a Merlin mini or serpent mini, after using a Ammit for a month straight. The ammit is good but sometimes struggles to keep up wicking if you serial vape lol, bubble get trapped.when I seen this I knew it would be great cause of the wider diameter and merlin style wicking.if the merlin mini and ammit had a child it would be the EXO lol.

I like the Merlin Mini more than both the Ammit and EXO RTA in single coil mode. Not a huge difference but with the same build the cloud was more dense. Flavor was very close, maybe a slight edge to the merlin mini, could be because of the denser vape. All 3 tanks with the same build in case your wondering.

I prefer the EXO in dual mode personally but then again I lean dual coil 90% of the time. The Merlin Mini is the exception to that, the dual coil was only used once, the single coil is staying with that tank.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Big-Al

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like the Merlin Mini more than both the Ammit and EXO RTA in single coil mode. Not a huge difference but with the same build the cloud was more dense. Flavor was very close, maybe a slight edge to the merlin mini, could be because of the denser vape. All 3 tanks with the same build in case your wondering.

I prefer the EXO in dual mode personally but then again I lean dual coil 90% of the time. The Merlin Mini is the exception to that, the dual coil was only used once, the single coil is staying with that tank.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
I am still thinking about getting the merlin mini but I love EXO really really well so far. How does the Merlin mini stack up against the EXO? I run single coils almost exclusively with a lot of my builds even on a RDA. What is the airflow like in the Merlin Mini compared to EXO?

Big-Al

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am still thinking about getting the merlin mini but I love EXO really really well so far. How does the Merlin mini stack up against the EXO? I run single coils almost exclusively with a lot of my builds even on a RDA. What is the airflow like in the Merlin Mini compared to EXO?
You say the Merlin produces a denser Vape? I wonder why that would be?

Big-Al

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Here is a link in case you ever need some replacement glass. I contacted the company who makes replacement glass this morning and the service member told me they had literally just added them to the site. Shipping is probably really slow. It could not have came at a better time I'm just glad there is something out there now. Piss on Ijoy lol.hopefully these will get dispersed to more vendors as time goes by.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well. THAT didn't take long.
Put the 6ml top on.
Chose the single coil deck.
Put a shiny new SS 430 3.5 ID 6 wrap clapton on.
Wicked it, pulled the cotton snug, angled the ends, picked them up and put them in the well. Made certain the juice holes were completely covered.
Got my trusty beater DNA mod out.
Vaped great! Dense vapor at 440F. Wow, loving it!
Then, the leak. Puked all over the beater mod and me. See the nice juice all down the side and pooled around the base of the tank? That's after wiping it up a bit so I could hold it.

Did I ever mention how much I hate leaks?
LeakyEXO.jpg

manos58

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine came today also .It's EXO day .
I'm trying to make it work for my taste .No leakage nor condactivity problems .
I tried but i didn't like the clapton coil .Now I'm with SS316 spaced coil 0,5 Ω ,single deck ,6ml tank .
Being MTL vaper till now I try to find the optimum setting .

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Put the 6ml top on.
Wicked it, pulled the cotton snug, angled the ends, picked them up and put them in the well. Made certain the juice holes were completely covered.
Then, the leak. Puked all over the beater mod and me. See the nice juice all down the side and pooled around the base of the tank? That's after wiping it up a bit so I could hold it.

View attachment 77436

Chimney in tight when you switched the glass? Still not a single drop with the single coil deck. Even left in my car on my seat on its side for 3 hrs today

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Here is a link to some that was sent to me by a company called vapesoon. I contacted them and they literally just started producing them and put them on aliexpress.com today. Could not have come at a better time LOL.

I wouldn't go nuts just yet on those.

In my own experiences I've never had much luck with first run OEM glass replacements coming out of china. Usually end up getting the exact size wrong size 50% of the time, before they go on to relist another version. ect ect.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Chimney in tight when you switched the glass? Still not a single drop with the single coil deck. Even left in my car on my seat on its side for 3 hrs today

Before building, I checked all o-rings, fit of everything, made sure all was tight.
Gotta be my lousy wicking skill. That's what I get for trying to do this before my lovely coil assistant gets home.

I have the dual deck with coils mounted staring at me right now.

Eh, what could possibly happen if I just wick it up?

Big-Al

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Put the 6ml top on.

View attachment 77436
I haven't had a single leak in mine in 4 days, even laying on its side.did you close the JFC,before filling?

Big-Al

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Put the 6ml top on.

View attachment 77436
Oh wait, you said you did close them, lol, sorry. :/

Big-Al

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wouldn't go nuts just yet on those.

In my own experiences I've never had much luck with first run OEM glass replacements coming out of china. Usually end up getting the exact size wrong size 50% of the time, before they go on to relist another version. ect ect.
I hear ya, hopefully there ok. There cheap and it not a huge deal if they don't fit.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not had a leak yet from mine , worth a try in the re-wicking maybe some wick was near the airflow hole if it's leaked through there an come out the bottom

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, I tried the dual deck with worse results. Its good that I DIY juice. This took less than 5 minutes to dump a tank.

Then my lovely coil assistant came home and we wicked the single coil deck same as DJLsb says. Except I'm running a 3.5ID vs his 2.5
Its been about 30 minutes with no leaks. Vastly different than what I'm used to, but if it holds, I'm all for it.
The juice is running/pouring from the airflow, so it is a wicking thing, I know that.

For the past 30 minutes though, wow, what a great vape!
Here's the pics of how we wicked it. See anything?
EXOSingle-1.jpg EXOSingle-2.jpg EXOSingle-3.jpg EXOSingle-4.jpg

VU Sponsors