Become a Patron!

If you could design a mod...

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wasn't sure where to post this. Hypothehetical question.
If you could design a mod from the ground up (any mod... regulated, mech, internal batt, single batt, dual batt, pod mod, ect), what features would you want? This thread is wide open (even things that don't exist yet) Menu ideas too.
I have many ideas but will start with this for now: Innokin got it right (for me) 3 clicks on/off. I'll wait and mention a few more later.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There used to be a starter kit that catered to ladies. I forget the name, but something with a fancy ring to it. It was almost there, but short on mah. If I could design something it would be refillable, with replacement coils available. For the design I want super long, like a vintage long cigarette holder, with a long flat mouth piece. The problem with long slim vapes is less mah. I want at least 1000 mah, more if possible. Offered in black or gold. Really long, super slim. Dramatic. Maybe jewelled.

This is an online ad for a vintage cigarette holder for cosplay, which I edited to have vape features.

Long.JPG

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There used to be a starter kit that catered to ladies. I forget the name, but something with a fancy ring to it. It was almost there, but short on mah. If I could design something it would be refillable, with replacement coils available. For the design I want super long, like a vintage long cigarette holder, with a long flat mouth piece. The problem with long slim vapes is less mah. I want at least 1000 mah, more if possible. Offered in black or gold. Really long, super slim. Dramatic. Maybe jewelled.

This is a vintage cigarette holder for cosplay that I edited to have vape features.

View attachment 205662
That looks really nice, might offer it in stainless steel silver as well.

I would like to see a gel outer covered mechanical squonk box mod. They put gel in shoes for feet. It might be nice to have it on a mod for better gripping. Round it up yet conform to a basic "under the hood" square box mod.

Another one I might like seeing is a Coppervape squonk mod made from aircraft grade aluminum, or titanium. (Link clarifies the type I'm discussing. I don't like the cheap plastic V2 ones.)

Love the Coprvape mechanical squonks, save for dropping them on hard concrete. The soft aluminum gets misshaped, and you really need a metal shop to try even working it back to shape.

Use tougher grade aluminum, or titanium, and it won't lose its shape if dropped.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Innokin got it right (for me) 3 clicks on/off.
Agree with that. Innokin did a lot, "right" imho. Liked their product line's durability. Still got at least one working Istick, somewhere. *chuckles* One of the first "real" devices I bought. Didn't care much for the round eGo batteries.

Difference in rounding off harsh corners, or making something fully round.

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just a few, dual 20700/21700, rugged, screen that can be read in direct sunlight or with polarized lenses, buttons that have a positive click (not mushy).

I like how the ijoy diamond has a slight slope up with the 510 in the middle so if you so have a leak it's much harder to go down the 510, I try to clean mine real good with q tips if a little leaks but the q tips can't quite get all the way in the nooks, I wish they made a tool to easily clean inside there.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
what features would you want?
A menu button.
Some mods have them but most want multiple fire button clicks or some button combination. Lots of us use more than one type of mod in rotation and I can't be the only one who can never remember which mod uses which.
Also, an on/off switch.
5 clicks of the fire button for on/off just shortens the lifespan of the button and, thus, the mod (which was probably the intent).

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You're probably thinking of Vapor Couture.
There were a couple others, too.
Electronic Virginia Slims. :)
Vapor Couture, that's it! Good memory.

I remember gazing at the ads and wanting it, but 650 mah just didn't seem like it would get me through an evening out, and they used proprietary cartridges. Having begun my vape journey with refillable clearomizers, I just couldn't do it. It was beautiful though. You can still find the old reviews online, but I guess V2 stopped making them around 2013-14.

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A menu button.
Some mods have them but most want multiple fire button clicks or some button combination. Lots of us use more than one type of mod in rotation and I can't be the only one who can never remember which mod uses which.
Also, an on/off switch.
5 clicks of the fire button for on/off just shortens the lifespan of the button and, thus, the mod (which was probably the intent).
Menu button would be nice. I don't like that mine is click 3 for menu switching and 5 for off. It would be nice if there was a menu and a on off

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I used to turn my mods off every night (don't bother anymore with that anymore) I did the math (forgot the number and too lazy to do it again) and it was how many clicks a 3 click saves in a year. Someone on another forum said who cares (about 5 click) until they saw that number) They quickly agreed with me.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey... I'm glad I started this discussion (this is going to be fun!)
Still holding out for my other ideas (in case someone else might mention the same ideas)

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I used to turn my mods off every night (don't bother anymore with that anymore) I did the math (forgot the number and too lazy to do it again) and it was how many clicks a 3 click saves in a year. Someone on another forum said who cares (about 5 click) until they saw that number) They quickly agreed with me.
I never turn them off with the fire button; just remove the batteries. A few built-in battery mods are the exception but I leave them on until they need to be charged.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I never turn them off with the fire button; just remove the batteries. A few built-in battery mods are the exception but I leave them on until they need to be charged.
Unless I'm setting a mechanical up, I leave batteries in. If setting one "out of service" for over a day, two, I'll take batteries out. Geekvape Athena mods have silver contacts. If you leave batteries in for a duration longer than a day, untouched, corrosion can "kill batteries". Some other mechanical mods I use have similar contacts. It's just become "rule of thumb" for me. The few regulated devices I have, do likewise without "turning off" via any mechanism on the device.

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I normally don't turn off, I just remove the batteries too, but I have accidentally clicked it to quick trying to get to the menu and turned it off on accident. Not a big deal, the menu button would be more important on my list but a on/off button would be nice

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK here's another one of mine: A lock switch (I think it's the Aegis boost 2 that has one)
I have more but will only post them every couple days (or if several people request, I will just post all of them at once)

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK here's another one of mine: A lock switch (I think it's the Aegis boost 2 that has one)
I have more but will only post them every couple days (or if several people request, I will just post all of them at once)
My new aegis legend L200 has it and I've had it once before, honestly I thought it was going to be an unused feature but I actually use it quite a bit

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Athenas got a slide up to lock from firing, "switch". A couple of the tube style mechanical mods I have let you twist the button to lock. If I'm putting it in a pocket, I like locking it up. Of course, I don't explicitly trust such mechanisms. You have to use that "faith" thing. "I'll have faith it won't misfire."

Without being political, Ronald Reagan said it best. "Trust but verify." Odd memories from growing up having forgotten the 1980s. *smh* Hm, Hondorus, ... duke-a-do-de-u, ... *shrugs, ponders the way Silly Putty can be formed into a Spork*

Wife tells me it's all false memories. Which that for me then leaves the question, who put such memories in there? Why? Dunno a tinker's damn of it. The 1980s were just fooked up for me. To hear tell, think the 1980s were that way for a lot of folks.

Back to topic, I'd like a mod that ran some form of Linux, and I could then make a bash script for it to make coffee while I squonked. The one killer stipulation, I'd also want it to be mechanical. LOL

Last edited:

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A couple of Voopoo mods have a switch that can be set for full lock, lock adjustments, or power off. I like that a lot.
I'd be fine with that, I'm surprised how much I actually use the lock on my get geek vape

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK... so here's more of my ideas:
I have several "pod mods" (innokin and vaporesso) They have a "smart power" feature that senses the coil and default to a power level to match it. This can be good and bad. Sometimes it's already spot on (for me) other times, I still have to adjust it (mostly to lower watts) The innokin stays at the power I set when removing the pod (if you put a pod with the same coil back on) I like that. the vaporesso goes back to default power every time I remove the pod (and it's bottom fill so I have to remove it often) I hate this! If I designed a pod/mod (or any mod with smart power), I want an option in the menu to have two choices: default and custom... when I custom set watts for a coil I want it to always use that setting.
So... do any of you have specific ideas for menus?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
One more thing... touch screens. Love my Vaporesso revenger x (touch is only for up/down), hate my osmodus lustro (touch is for everything but at least it retains my settings when turned off)
The vaporesso has a feature that after unlocking and setting power, it automatically locks (after 10-15 seconds) One time I forgot and I accidentally touched the screen and it went up to full power (220 watts) Melted the nichrome coil on my RTA (and I inhaled that) :eek:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
All I want in a mod is a tracking device so I'm able to find it when I leave it sitting somewhere in the house or where ever. On day, it took me over three hours to find the mod and that was after I gave up on finding it, lol.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@2WhiteWolves , they actually make one for small pods (use your phone to find it) LOL
I once searched everywhere for my pod/mod (internal battery) I panicked. My nephew's son (autistic 6 year old) might find it and my nephew would would freak out. That's why I always lock my room when he is here. It was safe and sound charging in the computer room (also locked)
Let me guess... a couch or chair "ate" it?

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@2WhiteWolves , they actually make one for small pods (use your phone to find it) LOL
I once searched everywhere for my pod/mod (internal battery) I panicked. My nephew's son (autistic 6 year old) might find it and my nephew would would freak out. That's why I always lock my room when he is here. It was safe and sound charging in the computer room (also locked)
Let me guess... a couch or chair "ate" it?
Glad it was locked up and safe from your nephews son ! I'm able to imagine the panic who had.
Nah, it was sitting on a speaker right where I put it when I was cleaning, lol. If, I don't wear something with pockets, OY VEH, I'm always placing a mod somewhere and it's always where I put it down, lol :teehee:

VU Sponsors