Become a Patron!

If the proposed nic tax passes..

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will we have different prices for the same juice with different nic levels?

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it would make sense 0 nic would be a base price and a surcharge on top of that price for each mg of nic.
would be a fair pricing scheme to me.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
i need to make some 0mg juice and try it. i think more than half my habit is the "acction" of vaping.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stock up on liquid nicotine now. It will be oppressive whatever it is,

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That the Republican controlled senate will pass this amendment during an election cycle is not a given. Neither is that the case with the Whitehouse. It all depends on how they perceive public perception of vaping. They will do whatever they believe will help them most and or harm them least at the polls next year.

As I've been saying for a while now, forget about trying to influence the politicians directly. Changing the erroneous perception of the easily propagandized voting public is the only thing that will make any difference.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep this may not pass at all or pass at a much reduced tax rate.
but the way things have been going vaping wise...
Hard to be optimistic about it not passing in some form.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That the Republican controlled senate will pass this amendment during an election cycle is not a given. Neither is that the case with the Whitehouse. It all depends on how they perceive public reception of vaping. They will do whatever they believe will help them most and or harm them least at the polls next year.

As I've been saying for a while now, forget about trying to influence the politicians directly. Changing the erroneous perception of the easily propagandized voting public is the only thing that will make any difference.
I don't know.... the States have already borrowed against the tobacco settlements.. that are starting to dwindle...they are gonna need to make up that loss somewhere....

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know.... the States have already borrowed against the tobacco settlements.. that are starting to dwindle...they are gonna need to make up that loss somewhere....
That's true, but those are STATE budgets. While there can be some shenanigans that go on between the governors and their congressmen in order to bring some federal money home, the primary responsibility of the house and senate is to look after the federal budget first. When forced to choose they will usually go with keeping those funds in DC and leaving the states to fend for themselves between them and their respective citizens. After all it was the states that made this deal with big tobacco.

Also, NO member of the house or senate will EVER knowingly do ANYthing to jeopardize their chances of reelection. They're not going to grease the palms of their governors if they think it will hurt them at the polls.

Of course if the majority of the public consciousness continues to view vaping as the snarling hell spawn of Satan, like the politicians hope, then this whole discussion is meaningless.

VU Sponsors