Become a Patron!

ID'ing rewrap's

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have some new wraps for my batt's. but putting these on removes the ID from the batt.
do you have some kind of method of keeping track of what is what ?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have some new wraps for my batt's. but putting these on removes the ID from the batt.
do you have some kind of method of keeping track of what is what ?
Some people use clear wraps and mark them under the wrap first.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I want to know what batt I am using, Moli's, LG's, Sammy's . 20, 30, 40.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I usually just write what battery it is into the wrap with a paint pen or in the case of lg cells take the label off the old wrap and out it into the new.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
It's easy to remember the battery info based on wrap color and that's what I do. I have 4xP26A / 2xVTC6 / 2x30Q / 2x30T / 1xS35 and a few others that are older and use a couple of'em for the meter. The 4x P26A's all have the oem wrap but 2 haven't been used and I keep those 2 separated in their own case labeled with a sticker. The S35 for regulated still has it's oem wrap and the 2x30T's for mech get rotated as one is charging.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a bunch of Sony VTC5s, a bunch of Samsung 30Ts, several Molicell INR 20700As, a bunch of Molicell P26As, a bunch of Samsung 20S, 2 pairs of LG HG2s, and one Listman 20700 I got with my Dotsquonk from a guy on Craigslist.

The only real problem I have is knowing which ones were bought in what order and which of the 18650s are for single battery mods. All the brands, types and models are wrapped differently enough to tell them apart as far as which is which.

I wrote "SINGLE" backwards on the inside of a couple of 18650 boxes with permanent marker and keep the singles that are not in use at the moment in those so I know which ones are for single battery mods and the ohm reader.
single.jpg
All the 2_700s are single battery except one pair of 30Ts which have their own box just in case I get my Coilart Mage V2 stack from China before my funeral.

I tried marking my batteries by when I got them with permanent marker, but predictably, it wears off. I have plenty of wraps in different colors, including clear which I got with big plans to color code all my batteries, but also predictably, I never got around to it. One pair of my VTC5As is rewrapped in red because the original wrap got torn on one of them and the HG2's are rewrapped in pink for my niece. I keep them charged and swap them out for her. Different color insulator rings to make sure I tell them apart.

boy vapers think and talk about some strange stuff huh?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I reuse the original labels for my batteries and when the glue gives out they will go under the wrap.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I am thinking up a method of labeling the cells, much like a vin #. I am going to get a red Sharpie.

G= grey
M =moli
P26a
35 = 3500mah.

and another idea I thought to be really good = right the dates of first charge and/or purchase on them . when comes a rewarp, write that on the body.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I mark my cells when I marry them with a 1,2,3 or a dot code or underscore so I always can see what cells are married. To identify cells the original label is always the best practice I have found. I also only use wraps that are the original color so no worries when I want to see what is what. That is if I actually cared. When performance decreases it is time to put to the side for at home use and retirement soon.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ok, got it done. what I did, now, hold on, this is highly technical.

I have 3 brands of batts =3 different colors. I marked a R for red, B for blue, and Moli for the Moli's.
marring them = no mark, 1 mark, 2 marks.

also. you may remember that I said the larger wraps did not work on the 18650's. well, I was using a hair drier, and burning my fingers doing it, with kinda crappy results. they said a hair drier works = NOT.

then I grabbed my heat gun out of the garage = BIN-F'n-GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6 seconds and the wraps are tight as hell, and no burnt fingers.

I also put the new wraps over the like new originals = no issues.

oh, the larger wraps, when putting on a 18650, just trim a little off.

IMG_3352.JPG

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I never had a problem with my hair dryer which is comparable to a heat gun. I think I would burn my fingers with my heat gun even on low. All that matters is you got er done~!

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I never had a problem with my hair dryer which is comparable to a heat gun. I think I would burn my fingers with my heat gun even on low. All that matters is you got er done~!

like anything else, there are variables, so I can't say. but I can say that my wifes hair drier "seems" to put out a lot of heat, but it took a while to get the wrap hot enough to start shrinking, burning my fingers while doing it. the heat gun, BAM, DONE, with a far better result.

a lot of people could give a rats ass about custom wraps, and that's fine. but I think they are pretty cool, cheap bling.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mine is a Mini 1500 and instantly shrinks a wrap I even use it for making gift baskets and make them tight as a drum in seconds.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ok. maybe those shrink easier, idk.

I shrink these monster sized bags for Gift Baskets with it so I think you need to pass on a MOD and buy the wifey a new hairdryer~! Maybe just buy yourself a cheap POS like I have had for the last 30 years~! I don't use it on my hair except rare occasions it doesn't have time to air dry.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where did you get those cool camo wraps?

I use a blow drier and it works fine :) These are the VTC5As I was talking about.
20190118_083600_cr.jpg

Last edited:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I shrink these monster sized bags for Gift Baskets with it so I think you need to pass on a MOD and buy the wifey a new hairdryer~! Maybe just buy yourself a cheap POS like I have had for the last 30 years~! I don't use it on my hair except rare occasions it doesn't have time to air dry.

no, really, hers works just fine. pretty freak'n hot.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
oh. yeah they are cool, even the others. the colors and detail are very vibrant !

VU Sponsors