Become a Patron!

Ideal wattage for tfv8 rba

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had the tfv8 original for ages now. And just wicked the coils. After watching YT videos I believe they read about 0.28 to 0.29. I don't have a ohms reader and I've never used a non factory built Coul before. So I'd it ok to just stick it on my RX200S and vape?? And if so what would be best wattage range please??

My S5.

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yout rx should tell you what it reads the coils at, just make sure you eliminate hot spots and have the terminals on tight. I've never had a ton of luck on the rba but when I use it I vape around 60 watts or so

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've had the tfv8 original for ages now. And just wicked the coils. After watching YT videos I believe they read about 0.28 to 0.29. I don't have a ohms reader and I've never used a non factory built Coul before. So I'd it ok to just stick it on my RX200S and vape?? And if so what would be best wattage range please??

My S5.
unless its a spaced out coil chances are the coil will have major hot spots on it...watch a few more YT vids on builds and see how they work them out...Start off with maybe 20 25 watts to work hot spots out of the coil..When you see them glow evenly from the center outward you should be ok to wick and get started vaping on it and yes as said your RX mod will read the ohms of your coil to let you know what you end up with..It can change a significant amount once the coils are correct.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for your help "Mike H" and "savagebee". It's not s spaced out coil. I stuck it on my RX200S and it reads at 0.28. I done the ""strumming"" I seen on YT, Juiced it up started at 25w. Got up yo 60w. I'm sure it could go a lot more but I'm happy at 50w.So thank you both. I am going to try and get into coil building for few reasons, finance, and occupy my mind as I have and am still going through some harsh times, self inflicted, addictive tendencies so coil building could pull me through the times my mind starts yo wonder back to old ways. I have bad eyesight up close so is a magnifier has stand a good idea?? Do you lads think, or is there something better. Thanks in advance.

My S5.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Spellcheck on last post.
A magnifier glass on a stand is what I meant to say.

My S5.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Had my coils reading 0.34ohms was vaping at 70w was nice there ....

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm gonna try now.what volts are you reading at mate, please? Is there a safety"" voltage =wattage"",?? That can be calculated at that you don't ever go over certain voltage or anything like that " That u need to know for future please. Again Thanks in advance .

My S5.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like is "lowest ohms is 0? ?. Say 0.14 is that safe to go to high voltage? I don't think I've ever used over 5.7 is on largest coils (for me). On tfv8 beast.

My S5.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Are you using a regulated mod? Hope the answers gonna be yes lol

If so what one?

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah. RX200S. I've never used non digital screen mods. I've tried a tube mech is it? In local vape shop, just yo see if the flavour is as good as I kept hearing, But I like to know or at least see what little electrics I'm using, . I've cut myself down to 3 mods, I got sick of charging batteries all day/night it seemed. I got the rx, sigelei 200w. And target pro 75w, with ceramic coils It is my favourite just wish could get lower ohm ceramic coils for it.

My S5.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Ok saw RX200s so yes regulated

Don't worry to much at the moment although research ohms law buddy will help you out a lot and make sure your safe along the way steer well clear of mechs (copper tubes etc) until your competent, i do hope your shop wasn't trying to sell you that mech fucking irresponsible of them at this stage if they were

if your in power mode (wattage) this mod will regulate everything for you. However there will be a lowest limited of ohm your mod will allow which is normally 0.1 so I'd say don't go below 0.15

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Also can't say it enough get yourself decent 18650 batteries LG, Samsung, Sony when you look into it ignore everything it's the CDR (continuous discharge rating) you are after in batteries

And also a descent external charger like the nitecore d4

In fact for more info go to the mechanical mods section mate plenty of sticky posts on all this stuff over there by people with far more experience than me. Also check out the battery junkie section

http://vapingunderground.com/forums/battery-junkies.402/

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right thanks I just checked my prebuilt coils from smok and they're what I've got 3× 0.15 coils best vape at 120-180. But intended for 50-240w. Can I just ask what mods you have please?. Being nosy about fellow vapers. And you know the 'DNA' versions and is it 'SX' The really good chips, are they worth like the extra amount of cash compared to mods alike but without them chips in them?? Please Kingpin?

My S5.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
f9013f6518aca838e3e83571dfa5fb48.jpg

My S5.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What batteries are you using in the rx200?

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's my d4 box. And Samsung batteries. They all I use kingpin. But they 2500 mah. I'm going get the 30q or r or whichever. I think pink ones I heard and LG brown ones , this are what I was told are probably best about. Would you agree with that mate??. T.I.A.

My S5.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Ahhh ok so these are the V8-T8 coils (use these myself)

Few things to note
1 sort that rubber bung out at the bottom gently push the wires back so when you push down on the bottom it forms a nice seal (all pre builds I've had are poor for this) careful not to overdo it don't want to cause a short!
2 put 3 pin holes in each of the cotton slats at the side
3 prime it good soaks so much juice!
4 load it in and put juice in the tank suck it up so you get bubbles

When breaking them in start at 70w wait for bubbles to appear then crank up by 10 watt increments wait for bubbles at each stage

I vape this coil at 100-115w depending on the juice. Have tried higher but it's pointless I find really nice warm vape there

I use the Smok H-Priv 220w mod

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok saw RX200s so yes regulated

Don't worry to much at the moment although research ohms law buddy will help you out a lot and make sure your safe along the way steer well clear of mechs (copper tubes etc) until your competent, i do hope your shop wasn't trying to sell you that mech fucking irresponsible of them at this stage if they were

if your in power mode (wattage) this mod will regulate everything for you. However there will be a lowest limited of ohm your mod will allow which is normally 0.1 so I'd say don't go below 0.15
No. They weren't trying to sell me the tube mech, it was me asking as I kept hearing, seeing on YouTube that the flavour beat any subtank so I asked about it. I liked the flavour, but still prefer to see numbers on mod somewhere mate.

My S5.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
No. They weren't trying to sell me the tube mech, it was me asking as I kept hearing, seeing on YouTube that the flavour beat any subtank so I asked about it. I liked the flavour, but still prefer to see numbers on mod somewhere mate.

My S5.

Awesome check this thread out for batteries matey all the info you will need (there is a link in that thread to Mooch's blog) this guy is universally recognised amongst vapers on this forum and elsewhere as the king ding a ling of battery testing and safety ratings so worth checking that out remember CDR 20 or above and capacity is up to you one affects the other you see :)

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/anthony-vapes-presents-vaping-safety-101.300140/

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

My S5.
I would say using an RDA can be better than a lot of subohm tanks and RTA,s.....A mech mod doesn't change flavor in any tank.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
those 25R,s are fine to maybe 150w but that's pushing them to the limit..I would say try to stay around 110w max and youll be fine with the batteries and have a safe headroom with the batteries.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Mike normally highest I go is 85- 120w rarely. I vape at 70w with atlantis mega 0.3 coils. Old tank but just like it. My 2 uwell crowns at 0.5 50e, new crown at 0.25 at 70-80w. After my favourites RX200S with beast or atlantis mega. Then target pto 75w using 0.9 cCell ceramics at 35w but flavour is 10/10. Then it's my sigelei fuchai 200w with free max starre tank with 0.3 atlantis coils Vaping about 80-80w.The only time I do 80-120 is on the beast coils on rx . That foggy. You use the 25r's yourself mate?

My S5.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would say using an RDA can be better than a lot of subohm tanks and RTA,s.....A mech mod doesn't change flavor in any tank.
What the difference? "Rebuild able tank atomiser "" what does the D mean.

My S5.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks Mike normally highest I go is 85- 120w rarely. I vape at 70w with atlantis mega 0.3 coils. Old tank but just like it. My 2 uwell crowns at 0.5 50e, new crown at 0.25 at 70-80w. After my favourites RX200S with beast or atlantis mega. Then target pto 75w using 0.9 cCell ceramics at 35w but flavour is 10/10. Then it's my sigelei fuchai 200w with free max starre tank with 0.3 atlantis coils Vaping about 80-80w.The only time I do 80-120 is on the beast coils on rx . That foggy. You use the 25r's yourself mate?

My S5.
Ive owned 25Rs before but the older blue models...Right now I use LG HG2 3000mah batteries or Sony VTC4....I rarely vape over 50 to 65 watts on anything

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahhh ok so these are the V8-T8 coils (use these myself)

Few things to note
1 sort that rubber bung out at the bottom gently push the wires back so when you push down on the bottom it forms a nice seal (all pre builds I've had are poor for this) careful not to overdo it don't want to cause a short!
2 put 3 pin holes in each of the cotton slats at the side
3 prime it good soaks so much juice!
4 load it in and put juice in the tank suck it up so you get bubbles

When breaking them in start at 70w wait for bubbles to appear then crank up by 10 watt increments wait for bubbles at each stage

I vape this coil at 100-115w depending on the juice. Have tried higher but it's pointless I find really nice warm vape there

I use the Smok H-Priv 220w mod
Do you mean the black rubber ring? Or the clear/white ring? And what exactly should I do please Kingpin? I'm ok with rest just 1st note I'm not sure.

My S5.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome check this thread out for batteries matey all the info you will need (there is a link in that thread to Mooch's blog) this guy is universally recognised amongst vapers on this forum and elsewhere as the king ding a ling of battery testing and safety ratings so worth checking that out remember CDR 20 or above and capacity is up to you one affects the other you see :)

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/anthony-vapes-presents-vaping-safety-101.300140/
Thanks, will do my man. Great help kingpin.

My S5.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer
Yeah I get it now. The dippers are mainly on the tubes, and the rat's are everywhere. Them rda though you must have to keep dripping in juice that often it'd send me back to Cigs that I think. But rta sounds good for newbie myself. Thanks Mike H.

My S5.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
you can use an RDA on any mod..Its not just for Mechanical tube mods...You saturate the wick and depending on how much wick you may be able to take 3 maybe 5 or more draws from it before needing to saturate the cotton again.

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will argue this point just a bit. I prefer to use mech mods when reasonable because I like the power delivery from it more. I feel like it's a smoother vape as a result. That being said, it's all my opinion and I'm sure many don't agree. I own several Regulated mods and like them for when I'm busy, or want a vape on a long car ride, etc. Regulated is definitely safer and easier with a lot less complex decisions to be made.

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
you can use an RDA on any mod..Its not just for Mechanical tube mods...You saturate the wick and depending on how much wick you may be able to take 3 maybe 5 or more draws from it before needing to saturate the cotton again.
Depending on your vape style this is extremely variable. Most of my single batt mech mods will last me 10 or more pulls before needing to drip because I use them at around .3 or .4 ohms at a much cooler temp.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So are the rda's mainly for use at home?? And is the flavours great, or the savings in buying premade coils or both? Please Mike.H, Savagebee?

My S5.

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I prefer the flavor of an rda, as well as the simplicity in their design and use. There are many rdta's that rival rdas but I have just started getting into them and have not found one I'm super happy with. I take two mods with me to work every day for flavor changes as well as backups. I will drip them both as I'm leaving and never have to reddit until I get there. It's a thirty minutes drive. If I'm driving more than that I use a tank setup as dripping and driving can lead to messes and accidents. Dripping is also messy until you develop a good feel for what each setup needs when it starts getting dry.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You need to learn to build coils or you can buy premade coils..they aren't the typical screw in type like on a tank however...Its not primarily for home and can be taken anywhere I just don't advise you drip and drive at the same time.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've seen some nice looking rat's I think they are, like griffin. I joy limitless xl. And a few others. I might cheat as I've seen some prebuilt coils you stick in yourself and wick. All types of crazy designs. They're like 6-8 for £19. But not looked round yet. These ceramic Ccell coils I use on my target at 35w last about 4-6 months each. Best thing I found so far in Vaping. U got a psck of 9.5 ceramics once and they were all duds. So never had a problem with the 0.9 ohms.

My S5.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Spellcheck for last post.
RDA'S. 6-8 prebuilt Clapton, braided,all types for a £10.

My S5.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Do you mean the black rubber ring? Or the clear/white ring? And what exactly should I do please Kingpin? I'm ok with rest just 1st note I'm not sure.

My S5.
Yeah the black rubber ring mate

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
RBA is the general term used to cover all of the below

RDAs supposed to be overall best for flavour because the coil will be closer to your mouth, not necessarily reliant on bottom only airflow..... if you hate the thought of dripping (which I do) head over to the squonking section :) i recently posted a thread discussion on it loads of great advice in here from other forum members

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/newbie-squonker-hopefully.300599/

what the fuck is squonking? (a squonk was a mythological beast, a bottom feeder) ... you have a juice bottle sitting in the mod below the bottom of the rda. The rda will have a different pin (one with a hole) = no more dripping just lazy squeeze the bottle to add more juice

RTA ...what your using now it's where the tank sits above the coil with juice except you will be using the rebuilable deck

RDTA is the combination of tank and dripper also known as genesis style tanks since this was the early type of design....anyway tank tends to sit below the coil wicks drop down and soak up the juice

In terms of best in each class that will be subjective but I asked that very question not long ago as well see below for the responses

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/geekvape-rules.303900/

Or head over to the review section of the forum for a detailed breakdown

http://vapingunderground.com/forums/written-reviews.72/

Last edited:

My S5.
First of all, how did you get that rba to work. I'm sending mine back because it doesn't work. Keeps saying no atomizer or atomizer short when I try to put it on mod. AnywAy...with big baby beast I would my go over 50 watts even with an bra.

VU Sponsors