Become a Patron!

I want to try some juices

Figfig

Member For 1 Year
Hi Everyone! I’m fairly new to vaping (2months). In my short 2 months I’ve stopped smoking cigarettes (hell yeah!!); but, I’ve realized I have a problem. My wallet can’t keep up with everything vape related I want to get my hands on lol.

I’ve been gawking at all the hardware, that I’ve neglected the most important part EJUICE! I just about signed up for ZampleBox, however, they can’t ship to me (government red tape type stuff). Any DIYers send samples to try? Looking for suggestions for how I can get my hands on a lot of different flavors without breaking the bank and my marriage :). Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figfig

Member For 1 Year
I’m gonna check them out. Looks like they have a mystery bundle... could be a way to try different flavors I would otherwise not buy on my own.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thesaucela has a sample pack for 3 or 4 bucks. Vapewild.com also has a first time purchase deal. 40ml for 4bucks. Verde Valley vapes has a sale going right now as well

Figfig

Member For 1 Year
I will check them out as well. So I’m curious to the opinion on nicotine level. Since I started vaping I’ve used 3nic; 6nic was recommended to me by friends and local vape shop. I find myself chain vaping to satisfy my nic craving. Should I bump up to 6nic? Or stick to 3nic?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You'll go through less juice if not chain vaping. Might want to.

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could go to 6mg. I started at 12mg myself then worked down. But I do have a few different mg's I pick and choose during the day. I try to lessen my nic levels at night, insomniac here and don't need any help in staying awake! :)

Laurent

Member For 4 Years
It might help if you could let us know how much you use to smoke and what tank and coils you are using. I was a 1 and a half pack a day smoker and I'm currently using 12 mg with a 1.8 coil and 6 mg with a .4 ohm coil . The .4 ohm coil (sub ohm) produces much more vapor than the 1.8. More vapor = lower mg nicotine needed but will also use more juice.

Instead of ordering more juice first and not knowing which nicotine mg's work for you, visit a local vape shop and bump up one of your current juices from 3 to 6mg's with a nicotine packet. Should only cost a couple of dollars.

Last edited:

Figfig

Member For 1 Year
I smoked for 15 years and I smoked 1/2 -1 pack a day. I could’ve smoked a lot more, but, I tried to to be conscious about it. I’m using a few things at the moment I’ve got .2 (dual coil) & .4 (single coil) sub ohm tanks while away from home. Recently started using a dripper with .18 mesh coil when I’m at home. Vapor production is great but I still end up wanting more. I’m thinking I should have taken the recommendation to start at 6nic.

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd bump up to 6mg. I've even sub ohmed a 12mg and still do! You won't need anymore than that. 6mg should be fine on dripping. You'll see the difference between the mg being upped. Try the 6mg first if the 3mg was at least helping. :)

Laurent

Member For 4 Years
Congrats on 2 months!!!

It's much easier to go up in nicotine than down without buying (or making ) the same flavor in a lower mg and mixing them. While adding nicotine , you could also try 4.5 first then 6mgs.

Not so sure I would have been able to quit if I was only using sub ohm coils, especially just off the cigs. To me, sub ohm (DTL) is nothing like the feeling/draw of smoking. Have you ever tried (MTL) 1-2ohm coils? I'm mentioning this as maybe it's possible you could be missing the lack of draw and throat hit along with higher nicotine mgs. Personally, I use 1.8 coils 90% of the time as I find it more satisfying and less offensive to others. What ever coil, mg nicotine , mod or flavor ejuice works and keeps you off the smokes is the right one.

Figfig

Member For 1 Year
Well I ordered quite a few flavors from the above recommended websites. $26 and it looks like a nice assortment of flavors. Mystery pack has me a little excited.

Figfig

Member For 1 Year
Thanks! I was surprised how easy it was for me to transition from cigarettes to vaping. Literally finished my last pack and bought a mod; Just vaped instead of smoking. I wish I would have done a little research before walking into my local shop. I didn’t know up from down. I ended up with a voopoo Mojo. It does the job for sure! But, the more research I do the more I want to try other things. I recently thought about picking up a pod system for me and my friend (he still smokes cigarettes). Try Nic Salt and see if that can subside my cravings. But wallet is a little tapped out at the moment.

None the less, it’s been a great 2 month! Not smelling like an ashtray is a BIG plus too!! Glad I found VU because it has been a great source of info.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome to VU. Happy to hear vaping is working well for you. I would suggest 6mg for tanks, 3mg for dripping. Wouldn't hurt to keep some 12mg around for cravings.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It might help if you could let us know how much you use to smoke and what tank and coils you are using. I was a 1 and a half pack a day smoker and I'm currently using 12 mg with a 1.8 coil and 6 mg with a .4 ohm coil . The .4 ohm coil (sub ohm) produces much more vapor than the 1.8. More vapor = lower mg nicotine needed but will also use more juice.

Instead of ordering more juice first and not knowing which nicotine mg's work for you, visit a local vape shop and bump up one of your current juices from 3 to 6mg's with a nicotine packet. Should only cost a couple of dollars.
I just wanna say that was a very helpful comment. I need to be more in depth with replies.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@JuicyLucy didn't you post a sale for the Blu pods for a $1 yesterday? Can't remember the site

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Figfig

Member For 1 Year
Well I didn’t want to go too high on the nic content Bc I wasn’t sure if it would be too much compared to what I was smoking. I figured 3nic was enough, but I catch myself chain vaping quite a bit. Also, wasn’t sure if I was going to do myself a disservice by starting high and getting hooked to higher nic content without needing to. Does that make sense? Thanks everyone for the great suggestions!

Oh, does anyone else feel slightly bloated after vaping? Maybe I’m taking too big of hits?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’m gonna check them out. Looks like they have a mystery bundle... could be a way to try different flavors I would otherwise not buy on my own.

I wouldn't get that. It's probably a bunch of juices they didn't/can't sell. I don't know for sure but have read similar claims. Who knows, you might get something awesome...

Figfig

Member For 1 Year
Oh I guess that makes sense... fingers crossed. I really wanted to subscribe to ZampleBox, but no dice. Any other monthly subscription boxes out there??

Figfig

Member For 1 Year
Well thanks to the polar vortex I can’t get my juice delivered.

Reactions: dez

Figfig

Member For 1 Year
5617e01aecf7d6f831f6a8a365ecdad0.jpg

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Any diy peeps send samples?

If you want to try mixing your own, the easiest way I have found, is to use flavor concentrates like what I am using from Mom and Pop Vapor Shop, you could get the 10 mL concentrates and see what flavors you like, or you can get one shots cheaper from liquid Barn, I believe. There are a couple of websites that I used that had pretty cheap, like $13 bottles of 120ml eJuice that is already made.. and they were all either 3% Nic or 6%. The companies were "e-liquid-depot" & "ultimate vape deals".

There is a company I just found online..where you can get $1 10ml samples, called "the dollar ejuice Club", & I actually see a couple of flavors right off that are- strawberry milk, and a strawberry cheesecake.. that I may sample myself ..just to see how I like them in comparison to what I am making from One-Shot flavor concentrates DIY.

Figfig

Member For 1 Year
Well, I gave 6mg nic a try. Oh my god I hate it! The throat hit is intense! It was somewhat tolerable at higher wattage, but, not worth putting myself through it. I can't vape it what so ever; going in the trash. I went back to 3mg and it was night and day. But, now I am left with some flavors that I am not a fan of. Ugh.....I guess it's back to the drawing board.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
if you like blueberry = Blueberry Smoothie (wonder flavors). % and sweeten to your liking.

I use around 4% nic.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
oh, if you like cinnamon = Blueberry Cinnamon Crumble (cap). to much cin for me.

VU Sponsors