I want to start vaping

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great mod, love mine
82156fa4-dce3-4300-b865-962ca77aaeba_zpshv7vdyim.jpg

Ya it's a good mod for someone starting out. Has mtl dl and tc coils so you can try them all and find what kind of vaping you enjoy. Also the card they include helped me a lot.
710e3afae4fc73ade8569c98e0676c0d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Yeah really, OP probably saw your post and said fuck-it Bite me
And BTW I know I can swap tanks, I'm not a beginner

Or he saw your post and said "This is bullshit. These people are still playing with equipment from the nineties". The swapping tanks was not for your benefit. Everything isn't about you. Fuck sakes it's like talking to my wife.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or he saw your post and said "This is bullshit. These people are still playing with equipment from the nineties". The swapping tanks was not for your benefit. Everything isn't about you. Fuck sakes it's like talking to my wife.
poor lady, give her my condolences

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
You're just jealous. You wish all this was yours.:sneaka:

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well there you have it. Not everyone starts with MTL and 2 ohm coils on a mechanical mod and nearly nobody starts building RDAs or RTAs when they first start vaping. I started 8 months ago with a subohm tank DTL with .5 ohm coils on a non adjustable mod. It wasn't long before I bought my first VW/TC mod. If you're using a mod like that it doesn't matter if it's pumping 80W or 220W the concept is totally the same. If you start at the top you won't, in 6 months, have all the other shit laying around collecting dust. That's just my opinion. What do I know though? I'm just a guy who recently wanted to take up vaping. I guess everyone needs to be schooled first. You're not allowed to start out like someone who knows what they're doing.
To me vaping is more of a "club" than smoking ever was. The club members love to talk about their stuff. That's a big part of the appeal of vaping. Where's the appeal in telling about your Ego AIO that you got for $20 and is spitting hot juice at you. I don't see it. Start out right and you will save frustrations and money and you'll be more likely to stay with it. Again, what do I know? Apparently I know nothing the club elders have said so.:devil:
Get ass hurt much?

I've been vaping over 5 years. Nowhere near an expert or elder, but I do know many people that were over sold at B&M's only to get home and not use the gear. Either they felt self conscious in public or the mod was too complicated.

It's better to set someone up for success. Hell the OP may hate vaping once they try it. Why invest a bunch of money into something until you know if it's right for you and going to work?

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I guess few people took the time to actually read all of my posts on this thread. I was indicating a kit that has 220w of available power and a great tank for a lot of vapers, old and new. At around $60 the price is in line with a lot of the other kits that were suggested here. The mod has a maximum output of 220W. It can be used with higher resistance coils at lower wattage too and the batteries will fire for much longer between charges. If you're going to spend $50 on a kit why not buy one that will work for you for years to come instead of one you might grow out of? As I've said before vaping isn't rocket science. A lot of people with limited intellectual capacity have managed to figure out how to use even the most complex mod. This thread is proof of that. I wish I had started with a kit like that instead of a Kangertech Subvod C like I did. I admit everyone's different. Some people are satisfied with a little AIO to start. Some are content with a $10 vape pen to start. Really I could care less what the OP buys, if anything. I'm just giving an option I wish I was aware of at the start of my foray into vaping. The OP would do best to head down to the local vape shop and talk to the staff there. Get a feel for whether they have your best interest at heart or their own bottom line and they could get a better feel for what you're looking for. They could also help him select an ejuice that he would actually enjoy. I have many bottles of juice that I only vape when I'm "hard up" because even with sampling you might like something on first impression and then change your mind after a day or two. The better vape shops allow you to sample a lot of their flavours. If your shop isn't one of these find another shop. There's way too many "experts" here that think they can speak for all newbies.They can't. There's as many different setups as there are people using them and nobody can speak for everybody.Everyone's opinion is valid for someone. That's my final word on this good thread that's been turned stupid. I need to go shave my neck now.

Last edited:

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I guess few people took the time to actually read all of my posts on this thread. I was indicating a kit that has 220w of available power and a great tank for a lot of vapers, old and new. At around $60 the price is in line with a lot of the other kits that were suggested here. The mod has a maximum output of 220W. It can be used with higher resistance coils at lower wattage too and the batteries will fire for much longer between charges. If you're going to spend $50 on a kit why not buy one that will work for you for years to come instead of one you might grow out of? As I've said before vaping isn't rocket science. A lot of people with limited intellectual capacity have managed to figure out how to use even the most complex mod. This thread is proof of that. I wish I had started with a kit like that instead of a Kangertech Subvod C like I did. I admit everyone's different. Some people are satisfied with a little AIO to start. Some are content with a $10 vape pen to start. Really I could care less what the OP buys, if anything. I'm just giving an option I wish I was aware of at the start of my foray into vaping. The OP would do best to head down to the local vape shop and talk to the staff there. Get a feel for whether they have your best interest at heart or their own bottom line and they could get a better feel for what you're looking for. They could also help him select an ejuice that he would actually enjoy. I have many bottles of juice that I only vape when I'm "hard up" because even with sampling you might like something on first impression and then change your mind after a day or two. The better vape shops allow you to sample a lot of their flavours. If your shop isn't one of these find another shop. There's way too many "experts" here that think they can speak for all newbies.They can't. There's as many different setups as there are people using them and nobody can speak for everybody.Everyone's opinion is valid for someone. That's my final word on this good thread that's been turned stupid. I need to go shave my neck now.
Wow I guess you do get ass hurt a lot. Your opinion is absolutely valid. Nobody said it wasn't, but so is everyone else's. The OP needs to decide how committed they are to vaping. Is it just a temporary thing to get off cigs or a foray into a new hobby?

My guess from looking at your long winded defenses of your opinion and your attack of others who disagree, you will feel a need to reply again.

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
& I was totally going to donate to VU this afternoon.

Klove1337

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
http://www.180smoke.ca/kanger-topbox-mini
holds more ejuice. Removable and rechargeable battery (I suggest having 2 batteries, one in the mod, one in the charger so you are never waiting)
Box goes to 75w so you wont need to buy something new 2 months from now. Tank is top fill, so you don't accidentally spill the juice over your hands. Tank comes with 2 premade coils, 0.8 ohm, and 0.5 ohm and an RBA mini (rebuildable coil. which saves you a ton of money) and the tank has an adjustable airflow for both mouth to lung (like smoking) or DL direct to lung hits (better flavor and more cloud)

That toptank mini was my first tank, I paid $50 for it. Saved a lot more than than on the coils. It is still working like new, 9 months later and I still use it while watching tv or going out of the apartment. You don't have to use the RBA but if you choose to, they are really easy to coil and wick. And we can show you how to do that. :)

Even cheaper here.. https://www.fasttech.com/product/4024102-authentic-kangertech-topbox-mini-starter-kit shipping may take longer though.

The PG to VG ration in the ejuice is what gives the throat hit. Steeping is for DIY and DIY is expensive to start. You have to buy the pg, vg, sweetener and several types of flavors depending on what flavor you want to make. Some are simple, like orange or cherry (single flavors) some are more complex, like butterscotch ripple ice cream flavor.
Just to clearify. DIY is a costly afair, when you are just starting, but is insanely cheap compaired with bought liquids. Just started my DIY jurney, and im loveing it.
DIY or die, is a great youtube channel for new DIYers, and if you follow his steps, you will end up with great results.
Also, if you buy yourself a little bit over average vape kit, you will not regret it.
If there is anythong you have problems with, just ask on VU and people willfoght over who's helping you.
Vaping is an world of fairy dust and unicorn blood(literaly), compaired with smoking. Its healthyer, safer, better and the tastes is endless!
Welcome to the vaping age!

Last edited:

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I woulda killed for an Alien kit when I quit analogs. I needed way more than the Kanger Nano that I used for a year before I put a Baby Beast tank on it. My philosophy is, get more than you need and give yourself room to grow. My wife, OTOH, can't handle anything more than her Subtank Mini @ 28-30w. But she also much prefers the Alien mod to her Nano, due to the form factor and battery life of the dual 18650's.

Just my 2 cents, and her's. So 4 cents, total. LOL

Well there you have it. Not everyone starts with MTL and 2 ohm coils on a mechanical mod and nearly nobody starts building RDAs or RTAs when they first start vaping. I started 8 months ago with a subohm tank DTL with .5 ohm coils on a non adjustable mod. It wasn't long before I bought my first VW/TC mod. If you're using a mod like that it doesn't matter if it's pumping 80W or 220W the concept is totally the same. If you start at the top you won't, in 6 months, have all the other shit laying around collecting dust. That's just my opinion. What do I know though? I'm just a guy who recently wanted to take up vaping. I guess everyone needs to be schooled first. You're not allowed to start out like someone who knows what they're doing.
To me vaping is more of a "club" than smoking ever was. The club members love to talk about their stuff. That's a big part of the appeal of vaping. Where's the appeal in telling about your Ego AIO that you got for $20 and is spitting hot juice at you. I don't see it. Start out right and you will save frustrations and money and you'll be more likely to stay with it. Again, what do I know? Apparently I know nothing the club elders have said so.:devil:
Honestly, it depends on how you prefer to vape. A RBA is great to use if you know what you're doing. I only recommend it if you have the time and dedication to build coils every now and then. If you prefer simplicity, then I'd recommend sticking with a tank. The only downfall is that a tank can get expensive because you have to buy replacement coils every time your coils get shot. If you're concerned about money, go with a tank.

I always go to operationdeals.com to get my advice. They actually have an article on RDAs and Tanks if you'd like to check it out. I know your question is about RBAs and tanks, but the facts given in the article are along the same line.

If you want to check it out, this is the link: What are Tanks and RDAs?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And the biggest wire I use is 26 ga.

In all seriousness, does that do rather well for you? I use a lot of 28 awg here but might consider using the 26. Although, day before I built a single coil Clapton on the Narda hitting ~0.70 (R) oHm & am enjoying that. The Goon has hm, well it's got a Clapton as well, ~0.60 (R) oHm, iirc. Both setups are single coil. Dual Claptons sap the single 18650 batteries bad. I get scared. :eek:

OP: Apologies for interjecting some technical conversation in your thread. You might eventually find yourself at a point where you prefer to build your own coils. The reasons for doing so vary but generally are it's cheaper, you get better control over the vaping, you can get a better sense of safety. Even should you not get there you'll find this technical conversation later on provides some insight into vaping and the maths it entails. I agree there are no stupid questions except the ones left unasked. :)

VU Sponsors