Become a Patron!

I want to see everyone's wood....... (Stabwood, wood, mixed ) Regulated, Mechanical, Wood look alike

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am just going to buy gallons I can now get for only $185. Anyone can. I will buy as many shotgun coils as they have and should be set for life. Remember I am going to be 82 in August, so that should last my life. With over 300 Mods and about 70 Stabwood I should be set too.

Nothing special to kill them Manny, they just seem to croak on me. Then again have very bad luck. If vaping goes the way of the DoDo bird then Evolv also out of business most likely. You know damn well this is just the senators protecting big Tobacco. If Trump steps in and saves the day then I will kiss him. I am actually neutral on him but if he saves vaping he is my 100%. Hopefully before election so I will vote for him again. He is only a bad guy if you watch CNN. Otherwise to me he is okay but you know he has his "base" that feels he can do no wrong. He just has a big mouth, nothing really worse than any other president IMO. Not Reagan but he was one of a kind. So was JFK before he got a cap in his head. JFK was a Democrat though. Like people in general I vote for the person not the party. Hillary was not the one for me. This is solely my opinion. We do not have to start a war in here. In fact do not even discuss it if you are not going to be pleasant. I do not mean you Manny but everyone else. Just keep comments neutral please. Not Trump killed babies and shit. True or not we do not need that shit in here. I only mentioned this because he just might save vaping in the end. Then how do you like him if that occurs?

Java is excellent but I, not having held a Java prefer the SS. It is great and I paid a very god price for it pretty much brand new thanks to none other than Manny himself! It should be ready next Wednesday. I imagine it will look nearly, if not as good as yours. I also do feel it looks better than the Java but that is just personal opinion. Manny you may like the Java better I don't know and you are of course fully entitled to feel that way. For one thing it was custom made just for you. That right there is more special IMO. All the SS are more or less the same thing. Just different colors. However I think mine will turn out close in color to yours not sure but I will find out soon enough.

The best thing about the Primo 21700 TI is the 1/4 turn battery cap. If the SS had that it would be a dream. Although Foo's threads are so good it hardly even matters.

I am pretty much set this year and they may in fact kill vaping anyways. I cannot mess with a Java. Much too inpatient for that. It is extremely nice though. 26650 is a big deal but the SS is so tiny and fits my hand so good it is fine with me as well. I would probably say now it is my favorite Mod. Although unless you(Manny) tell me the faceplate comes off I am not going to daily drive it. Since just per my luck DNA's do not last me long. YIHI does though. Afraid to kill it. Since it is so small it does not have much in the way of thermal management. So chain vaping it gets it smoking hot which is scary. Not a vent on a regulated Mod at 16W but kill the board. Sometimes they even die before they say they are overheated and I mean it gets red hot. I am happy with brown LG batteries. The Sony's are very hard to come by and $$$ if you do find them. 100MAH hardly makes any difference. I do need to stock up on batteries of all sorts though. Batteries are not going anywhere because they are used for many other things. Especially 18650 and 21700.

I have a 4"x3/4" flashlight that puts out 12,000 lumens for 4 minutes. They should have regulation and step down or Kaboom if that is the way you built it. Probably my best all around light is the new Dominator HDR or whatever it is. I have many custom and non custom but high end lights. We need them around the farm at night. I can spot an animal 2 miles away. However for my guns I prefer a laser scope. Problem with light rails is the perp will see you upon illumination where they otherwise would not. Luckily thank the Lord I have never need to shoot anyone. However as you were taught if you pull a gun you must be 100% prepared to use lethal force. Although me personally I would just shoot the knee caps and spare the poor assholes life. Although now I am not shooting a Damn thing anymore except perhaps inadvertently myself. So I do not mess with guns anymore. My nurse carries protection for us. We go to very bad neighborhoods at 4AM in six figure vehicles so it is a must.

Well, I am in a lot of pain now. Unfortunately I am most likely addicted to the worst offender amongst meds.
I just have basic guns.....
0abfe22e846150956c983bbcb7a38c2e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It said they edited my post don't use illegal drug references but they did not edit it. Since I did not use any illegal drug references in fact. I said to wit, "my prescription medicine legally prescribed by a physician authorized by the FDA and DEA to do so". I just mentioned nonetheless it is unfortunate. The Forum rules are to strict about that IMO. Since many medications are completely legitimate and deemed by a proper MD to be of necessary usage in a patient. I did not intend to break any Forum rules and do not believe that I did so. Hence the fact they did not actually edit it as had been warned to me. I just want to clear that up. I do not partake in any illegal activity's whatsoever for the record. I apologize to the Mods that I may have upset them but that is certainly not what I intended. I take a myriad of legal medications prescribed exclusively by Medical Doctors whom are authorized to dispense such. Nonetheless my apologies if it had been taken in the wrong manner. I hold a valid prescription for said medications. Nor do I ever abuse such or use in a recreational manner. I am 100% legit on absolutely every single thing I do in my life.

On that note I have a valid concealed carry license and FOID card as well. You require the second mentioned before obtaining the first mentioned and must partake in a proper usage and guidelines class of 1 month duration. Again, I do absolutely everything in my life 100% legit. Although as my own prerogative I no longer handle fire arms or sharps for that matter. My own choosing but I am 100% authorized to do so should I please.

Then of course I like fancy guns just because I like everything fancy such as Stabwood Mods discussed right here. Although they certainly do not shoot more accurately, perhaps even less due to weighting issues. They are simply put "embellished". What I like. I am glad to see you are a Firearm owner as well Manny. We like much of the same stuff.

Those lights are incredible. As usual you have outdone me there too but as we have agreed this is not a competition. I am simply being factual about it because I am honest and never knowingly lie. Therefore I will simply say you have some nicer lights than anything I do. Just a fact, that is all. I can see why that has been outlawed LOL but not actually funny. Some jerk shines that on a pilot could likely spell disaster. It is simpler to outlaw it then to wait for the impending tragedy that may ensue due to blatant misusage of such a device. People make choices in life. I try my best to be a decent law abiding citizen of the USA. That is my choice. Others may choose differently and hopefully then receive swift and stiff punishment for doing so. Nonetheless those are awesome lights. My tiny 12,000 Lumen is probably bogus claims off of Amazon(Chinese go figure) although it is pretty darn bright. No pun intended but it does not hold a candle to yours Manny. Still, the new Dominator is a good solid(and expensive) production performer. I think Surefire are the best production flashlights. Likewise Chris Reeve, Mick Strider being very good production and semi custom sharps. Along with William henry making outstanding if not often grossly overpriced "gentleman's" knives. Do you like knives too Manny? We share a lot in common I have come to figure.

The Java is beautiful and 100% custom to your exact specs I would say for you personally above the SS. However the SS is one heck of a Mod for most people. He only makes one shape of it though, I would suppose not qualifying it as truly custom? IE, you do not choose exactly what you want from him. It is squarely above VA IMO. The level of workmanship speaks for itself even if it is not "truly" custom I suppose it is indeed considered to be a custom Mod?

Anyways, back to the beginning of this I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding not at all limited to breaking the rules in some manner I do not recognize. I hope I have exemplified such however. Regardless, my bad I apologize if either it had been misconstrued or I did in fact break the rules notwithstanding legalities of which was mentioned. It is fully legal and in strict accordance with all laws in my case. Regardless if it is not to be mentioned here anyways I shall refrain from doing so again. My sincere apologies to the staff of this website therefore.

Well, now that that is out of the way whether it remedied the situation or not It is bedtime for me LOL.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It said they edited my post don't use illegal drug references but they did not edit it. Since I did not use any illegal drug references in fact. I said to wit, "my prescription medicine legally prescribed by a physician authorized by the FDA and DEA to do so". I just mentioned nonetheless it is unfortunate. The Forum rules are to strict about that IMO. Since many medications are completely legitimate and deemed by a proper MD to be of necessary usage in a patient. I did not intend to break any Forum rules and do not believe that I did so. Hence the fact they did not actually edit it as had been warned to me. I just want to clear that up. I do not partake in any illegal activity's whatsoever for the record. I apologize to the Mods that I may have upset them but that is certainly not what I intended. I take a myriad of legal medications prescribed exclusively by Medical Doctors whom are authorized to dispense such. Nonetheless my apologies if it had been taken in the wrong manner. I hold a valid prescription for said medications. Nor do I ever abuse such or use in a recreational manner. I am 100% legit on absolutely every single thing I do in my life.

On that note I have a valid concealed carry license and FOID card as well. You require the second mentioned before obtaining the first mentioned and must partake in a proper usage and guidelines class of 1 month duration. Again, I do absolutely everything in my life 100% legit. Although as my own prerogative I no longer handle fire arms or sharps for that matter. My own choosing but I am 100% authorized to do so should I please.

Then of course I like fancy guns just because I like everything fancy such as Stabwood Mods discussed right here. Although they certainly do not shoot more accurately, perhaps even less due to weighting issues. They are simply put "embellished". What I like. I am glad to see you are a Firearm owner as well Manny. We like much of the same stuff.

Those lights are incredible. As usual you have outdone me there too but as we have agreed this is not a competition. I am simply being factual about it because I am honest and never knowingly lie. Therefore I will simply say you have some nicer lights than anything I do. Just a fact, that is all. I can see why that has been outlawed LOL but not actually funny. Some jerk shines that on a pilot could likely spell disaster. It is simpler to outlaw it then to wait for the impending tragedy that may ensue due to blatant misusage of such a device. People make choices in life. I try my best to be a decent law abiding citizen of the USA. That is my choice. Others may choose differently and hopefully then receive swift and stiff punishment for doing so. Nonetheless those are awesome lights. My tiny 12,000 Lumen is probably bogus claims off of Amazon(Chinese go figure) although it is pretty darn bright. No pun intended but it does not hold a candle to yours Manny. Still, the new Dominator is a good solid(and expensive) production performer. I think Surefire are the best production flashlights. Likewise Chris Reeve, Mick Strider being very good production and semi custom sharps. Along with William henry making outstanding if not often grossly overpriced "gentleman's" knives. Do you like knives too Manny? We share a lot in common I have come to figure.

The Java is beautiful and 100% custom to your exact specs I would say for you personally above the SS. However the SS is one heck of a Mod for most people. He only makes one shape of it though, I would suppose not qualifying it as truly custom? IE, you do not choose exactly what you want from him. It is squarely above VA IMO. The level of workmanship speaks for itself even if it is not "truly" custom I suppose it is indeed considered to be a custom Mod?

Anyways, back to the beginning of this I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding not at all limited to breaking the rules in some manner I do not recognize. I hope I have exemplified such however. Regardless, my bad I apologize if either it had been misconstrued or I did in fact break the rules notwithstanding legalities of which was mentioned. It is fully legal and in strict accordance with all laws in my case. Regardless if it is not to be mentioned here anyways I shall refrain from doing so again. My sincere apologies to the staff of this website therefore.

Well, now that that is out of the way whether it remedied the situation or not It is bedtime for me LOL.
I stay on this thread...... Sometimes I post a handshake..... but I rather post here...

And a picture from the top of a building I'm inspecting in Phoenix....

47e7a19ababe19ca6d55ab4fc476c60b.jpg
65fdb515725d460a171ad1a99f36a462.jpg

dfa4c5d2f3c0f7d21c6ea2cedfc2541c.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GorGon27

I ran three 5ml tanks through at 56 watts.....and battery see below..... And that's at .16 ohms..... pulling 18.8 amps
73e9d5284a97f897b849932858096219.jpg

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ok folks, here it is, mostly done. the coloring and patterns are FANTASTIC ! the shine is great, but could be, and may be, made better. as I have to take it apart again. the poly added height, more than I figured. so I will have to file that down.
and it does have some minor blemishes, most of which can be gotten out. but for now, I didn't want to push it.
overall, I am really happy with it.
the outside pics, the color is more vibrant than shown. the darker inside pic is more of what it really is.

IMG_3561.JPG IMG_3562.JPG IMG_3560.JPG IMG_3565.JPG IMG_3567.JPG

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The SS is one heck of a Mod. Especially what you got it for me. I just do not know if the front faceplate comes off easily? I know I have asked that at least 5 times now HAHA. I am afraid to use it because DNA do croak. YIHI not usually but I prefer DNA, So long as the vaping industry is not quashed by the senate I imagine Evolv will be in business for some time. As they are the main manufacturer of these devices to begin with. They 100% always replace them for free. So absolutely no issues there. So long as they can get the faceplate off! My batteries are obviously exhausted. Will go get new ones. The LG Browns are good from my electrical supplier for $5. Get screwed at vape shops. Even online Sony's are about $11. I want to buy a case of 30. That is the only way he sells them. I use in many other things like flashlights Weedweackers ETC. Although gas powered implements are much stronger.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The SS is one heck of a Mod. Especially what you got it for me. I just do not know if the front faceplate comes off easily? I know I have asked that at least 5 times now HAHA. I am afraid to use it because DNA do croak. YIHI not usually but I prefer DNA, So long as the vaping industry is not quashed by the senate I imagine Evolv will be in business for some time. As they are the main manufacturer of these devices to begin with. They 100% always replace them for free. So absolutely no issues there. So long as they can get the faceplate off! My batteries are obviously exhausted. Will go get new ones. The LG Browns are good from my electrical supplier for $5. Get screwed at vape shops. Even online Sony's are about $11. I want to buy a case of 30. That is the only way he sells them. I use in many other things like flashlights Weedweackers ETC. Although gas powered implements are much stronger.
I have been hitting mine at 56 watts and it's solid..... Everything is custom even the stone for the fire button........

The stone will get darker with time and Poly residues and wax and so on.....

The people send the mod in for service, where Foo takes the stone out and sends it to get cleaned and polished.......

At the same time he takes the chip out and test the integrity before the assembly.....

Imagine that ..... Foo says to allow some time because in between he produces new mods ..... This means it takes forever.....but you have to pay the shipping....... Send it to him and you pay the return shipping.....

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok folks, here it is, mostly done. the coloring and patterns are FANTASTIC ! the shine is great, but could be, and may be, made better. as I have to take it apart again. the poly added height, more than I figured. so I will have to file that down.
and it does have some minor blemishes, most of which can be gotten out. but for now, I didn't want to push it.
the outside pics, the color is more vibrant than shown. the darker inside pic is more of what it really is.

View attachment 141740 View attachment 141741 View attachment 141742 View attachment 141743 View attachment 141744
Hell yeah, look at the details of the wood.... specially the knots ......she is beautiful and unique......

You have made something special Bro......she is gorgeous.........

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The SS is one heck of a Mod. Especially what you got it for me. I just do not know if the front faceplate comes off easily? I know I have asked that at least 5 times now HAHA. I am afraid to use it because DNA do croak. YIHI not usually but I prefer DNA, So long as the vaping industry is not quashed by the senate I imagine Evolv will be in business for some time. As they are the main manufacturer of these devices to begin with. They 100% always replace them for free. So absolutely no issues there. So long as they can get the faceplate off!

it may come off easily, "if" you "know" how to do it. or it may be permanently on there. to get it off, he would drill/whatever the face plate in an exact place/s, then put his special tool on there and pull/whatever. do the work he needs, then replace that face plate.

Evolv will likely be around a long time, the USA is not their only market. now, if a total ban, idk what kind of service we would get.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
jinx'd you just need a better camera Bro. However the camera I and Manny have is big money. You might not want to spend that if you do not use it constantly. I cannot even use it anymore. Even with steady shot on my arms shakes up and down over a foot. I have to wear this type of "restraints" so I do not tear a tendon. I am uncomfortable but it is alright. It is what it is. I am just glad to be alive and my mind did not really go out like they said it should have already. Even though I got sick I think it is my family's good genes. Most of my relatives lived well over 100 no illness. Just quit going one day, no pain or anything. I think Manny mostly uses his phone anyways. It is an older phone but it had the best camera of any phone made to date. So he keeps it. No reason to keep buying phones anyways. It is a huge waste of money. If a phone is at least a 2015 model it is already faster than any software can make use of regardless. Mostly the market buying new phones every six months is those under 25 years of age. It is stupid and useless. I sent a guy to get my batteries. Indeed my batteries were exhausted. The SS now lasts about 10-12 Vgod tanks. Before with bad batteries it only lasted 3-4. DNA 75C is not nearly as efficient as the 250C though. It is Buck/Boost. To help I turn the screen darkest and off in 1 second. It is really the screen on these that uses the batteries. I think I have a very good hobby battery charger. I have a top of the line Agilent hand held scope that also has a meter function. It slowly charges the batteries to exactly 4.20V. I think that is pretty good. The meter has 8 digits after the decimal and it is exactly 4.20V. A little lower might be better. You can set this one but then I do not get nearly the vaping time. At least though it is dead accurate on it's display. Most are not.

So they drill it? You have a hole in the faceplate then?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
jinx'd you just need a better camera Bro. However the camera I and Manny have is big money. You might not want to spend that if you do not use it constantly. I cannot even use it anymore. Even with steady shot on my arms shakes up and down over a foot. I have to wear this type of "restraints" so I do not tear a tendon. I am uncomfortable but it is alright. It is what it is. I am just glad to be alive and my mind did not really go out like they said it should have already. Even though I got sick I think it is my family's good genes. Most of my relatives lived well over 100 no illness. Just quit going one day, no pain or anything. I think Manny mostly uses his phone anyways. It is an older phone but it had the best camera of any phone made to date. So he keeps it. No reason to keep buying phones anyways. It is a huge waste of money. If a phone is at least a 2015 model it is already faster than any software can make use of regardless. Mostly the market buying new phones every six months is those under 25 years of age. It is stupid and useless. I sent a guy to get my batteries. Indeed my batteries were exhausted. The SS now lasts about 10-12 Vgod tanks. Before with bad batteries it only lasted 3-4. DNA 75C is not nearly as efficient as the 250C though. It is Buck/Boost. To help I turn the screen darkest and off in 1 second. It is really the screen on these that uses the batteries. I think I have a very good hobby battery charger. I have a top of the line Agilent hand held scope that also has a meter function. It slowly charges the batteries to exactly 4.20V. I think that is pretty good. The meter has 8 digits after the decimal and it is exactly 4.20V. A little lower might be better. You can set this one but then I do not get nearly the vaping time. At least though it is dead accurate on it's display. Most are not.

So they drill it? You have a hole in the faceplate then?
He's camera is good, he needs to play with light...... That's what I do last night before going to bed I hit the Solarstorm with coat #10.......

I left it in the garage since the temperature in there was a dry hot 100 degrees....... Today I woke up grabbed her and wiped her down....

I stroked her passionately with 10,000 micromesh until I broke a sweat..... Now here is what she looks like......

I'm just in my office using a little bit of light from the window to block the reflections......
3702a5ed2f262ded5700c7c78e00559a.jpg
27b8c9ba656b8d8f4000874a68280b8e.jpg
fbce2a7a78444f9ae59bb7dc0b873950.jpg
1258ac888ad0a47b0ecab349d4bf93c0.jpg

Attachments

• 810_6238-2.jpg
    810_6238-2.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm getting a Google Pixel 4 XL.....

I ordered it already using my Verizon VIP pass to update to the Pixel (4) ...

They are telling me that it will go out in September.......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 141740 View attachment 141741 View attachment 141742 View attachment 141743 View attachment 141744
She probably looks nice when you see her in person !!!!

It's true images don't really show how pretty they are.........

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See, those are expensive as shit Bro. I am a cheap bastard and do not need 100 more MAH LOL. The new LG's are absolutely fine proven good batteries. They were around way before these Sony's too. Sure, the Sony's are indeed "better", but at what cost? Mine were just used up, that is all. The new ones are fine. This time We actually paid only $4.37 per battery for a case of 30. I will distribute them to what needs them. They are absolutely fine if not "quite" as good as the Sony's. They all wear out eventually anyways. Although the Sony's may sustain more cycles. Not sure on that but I would not doubt it either. It boils down to me being cheap. Although these are 100% legit and for the price difference I say to myself fuck it.

WTF, Isn't the new pixel out already? Maybe did not hit "soak" on your carrier yet.

I would not leave wood in 100 degrees no humidity! It can crack! you should know that :)

Manny, your pics do it justice for sure but I am also sure it is better in person which is simply put, amazing. That thing is off the chain. Hopefully mine looks anything like it. Getting 12+ coats and will have back by Wednesday he said but knowing him it will be a couple of weeks. I already gave him a good saddle. Not really worth it to me but I wanted it done so I do not care. My guy's ride mostly English anyways. I was once an English world champion. Days long gone by.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait, many those are fucking VTC5 for that price! I thought "VTC6" is 3100MAH and costs like $15 a battery? I have plenty of unused VTC5's but I feel the LG's certainly best those but not the VTC6. Unless I am stupid and VTC6 does not actually exist yet? I thought they did already? Very hard to find though and cost $$$. 100MAH not worth it to me. You would not notice the difference even though they may run 10 minutes longer.

Oh wait, they are also 3000MAH not 3100MAH as I had thought. Also lower amp rating than the LG's.
I prefer the LG's for the money. Six of one, half dozen of another. Basically the same thing. no doubt the Sony's may be a "bit" better in some way unknown to me. since I get the LG's for nothing screw it I do not mind a "bit" more performance perhaps.
https://www.18650batterystore.com/S...MIk4HG46iQ4wIVnLXACh3hbgvkEAQYASABEgJJVfD_BwE
AFAIK this seller is legit?

Oh shit, they are "cheap" now too! if this guy is legit? might just get some but kind of doubtful I notice any rea difference?

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait, many those are fucking VTC5 for that price! I thought "VTC6" is 3100MAH and costs like $15 a battery? I have plenty of unused VTC5's but I feel the LG's certainly best those but not the VTC6. Unless I am stupid and VTC6 does not actually exist yet? I thought they did already? Very hard to find though and cost $$$. 100MAH not worth it to me. You would not notice the difference even though they may run 10 minutes longer.

Oh wait, they are also 3000MAH not 3100MAH as I had thought. Also lower amp rating than the LG's.
I prefer the LG's for the money. Six of one, half dozen of another. Basically the same thing. no doubt the Sony's may be a "bit" better in some way unknown to me. since I get the LG's for nothing screw it I do not mind a "bit" more performance perhaps.
https://www.18650batterystore.com/S...MIk4HG46iQ4wIVnLXACh3hbgvkEAQYASABEgJJVfD_BwE

Oh shit, they are "cheap" now too! if this guy is legit? might just get some but kind of doubtful I notice any rea difference?
That price is for (4) and they are legit.......... they are $6.69 a piece

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The VTC 6 are 3100 mAh......

cbd4bea9ab56ece3f094d5b7a438dd19.jpg
824af5eedef695f0423de8e08aa87443.jpg

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe those are fake then. Since his say 3000MAH. I mean his not yours. I thought that guy was legit. Not sure. The thing is 15A is honestly too low. Even 20A is just about pushing it on a single battery DNA75C. 15A is good for about 55W. You may not use it that high but in your trade you should know about correct specs. Is it actually 15A, or is that misinformation as well? No one is going to miss 100MAH though. The LG's have been around much longer, are proven reliable plus are much less expensive. Mainly due to being around longer. I see people selling one VTC6 for $15 but you can get them for $6.50 each. My LG's had over 5,000 cycles on them before they pooped out so they are pretty decent. I would say they are probably direct competitors in specs. Except if the Sony is in fact only 15A, that is honestly too low. That is what you get pushing the extra 100MAH if it is in fact the case. For all I know they are indeed 20A+ and then fine. Which of course would mean that guy is posting misinformation and possibly fakes. I don't know so I am not calling him out on it. I am just saying for one thing 3000MAH he has wrong. I wonder what Mooch tested. I will have a look. Also, for all I know they in fact may indeed be much better than the LGF's. I will have to consult the source of everything battery:Mooch.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe those are fake then. Since his say 3000MAH. I mean his not yours. I thought that guy was legit. Not sure. The thing is 15A is honestly too low. Even 20A is just about pushing it on a single battery DNA75C. 15A is good for about 55W. You may not use it that high but in your trade you should know about correct specs. Is it actually 15A, or is that misinformation as well? No one is going to miss 100MAH though. The LG's have been around much longer, are proven reliable plus are much less expensive. Mainly due to being around longer. I see people selling one VTC6 for $15 but you can get them for $6.50 each. My LG's had over 5,000 cycles on them before they pooped out so they are pretty decent. I would say they are probably direct competitors in specs. Except if the Sony is in fact only 15A, that is honestly too low. That is what you get pushing the extra 100MAH if it is in fact the case. For all I know they are indeed 20A+ and then fine. Which of course would mean that guy is posting misinformation and possibly fakes. I don't know so I am not calling him out on it. I am just saying for one thing 3000MAH he has wrong. I wonder what Mooch tested. I will have a look. Also, for all I know they in fact may indeed be much better than the LGF's. I will have to consult the source of everything battery:Mooch.
You cannot get a better picture of the battery......you have to be able to see the serial number under the green wrap and that's the numbers you should see.....

Those numbers are tattooed on the actual battery exterior metal shell and then the green wrapper at the exterior ...... the wrapper is see through.......

And they are heavyweight....they feel like a 50 Cal or closer to a 12 gauge double odd buck shell ......
9ce7d49be1e1e462e2c1f9fd41cefd2a.jpg

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
so, I took the Asmodus apart . I had to fit the wood to the framing. I sware the wood swelled, it was like 3-4mm taller and 1-2mm longer. I had to sand and grind all of that off, very carefully. after it was fitting right, I buffed it a lil more. looks even better now.

while test fitting, many times, the neg wire broke off at the plunger switch on the bass. no biggy, I soldered it back on.
test fitting again and powered it up. only 1 battery was showing power, so I checked it out.
what I didn't notice, the switch was mounted in plastic. this plastic melted and the switch tilted and sunk.
I cut the switch out and thought, WTH am I going to do now. a shot in the dark try, I popped it back in. it went right in exactly where it should be ! so I put some super glue on the backside and went and took a shower. came back and put her back together.

all done and using it now !

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ones I posted from him are VTC5A they are 2600mah.......as described

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my camera https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=canon+powershot+a620+camera&form=HDRSC2&first=1&cw=1129&ch=617
so its probably not the greatest. I will take some pics with my phone and see if it's any better.

phone prices and upgrading all the time, not for me. my phone is a $30 refurb (like new)Samsung j3. for my usage it is just fine.

I get all of my batteries from LIION, Nuff Said.
Yeah they sell good batteries but not all legit..... The Sony VTC5A'S they sell are Murata...... It's a Chinese company that bought out Sony........

The legit Sony are not from Murata they were manufactured and labeled Sony...... You can tell the difference in the weight.......the Murata are lighter in weight......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today the Mozaic Java
7f18c0101abe0fa0f52f8bbdc685019b.jpg

And for back up.....The Solarstorm

6de0812b57095d8f568eb4583d52b4da.jpg

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How many coats do you plan to put? Bill told me on this 12-15. That other one was not nearly as smooth. Rather than use putty he used more coats. Strange because the Murata are more money? The LG's last fine at 16W. I just had dead batteries. They lasted over 3,000 cycles though. Comparable to VTC6. Perhaps the VTC6 is somewhat better but I am happy with the LG. LG is not junk. They are made in Japan. Which is odd because they are a S. Korean company. Today I got enough juice and coils for nearly 2 years all for les than $300. I figured it was a good deal so I took it. Although steeping gallons takes forever. I think I will transfer it to 500ML bottles. Those steep in about a month. I can't wait to get my SS back. Probably my favorite Mod now.

So, Jinx'd they drill a hole in the faceplate and then you have a hole in it? I just really hope it does not die soon but it is inevitable with anything DNA. Or just my bad luck. I have YIHI 10 years old. Beat to heck but still works. DNA lucky to last me a year. I have so many Mods not buying any more right now. The Vgod is the only tank I need but I did order a backup one. You would be surprised the output at 16W once you get it hot. I wanted a Java really but I cannot deal with that. Better I don't. I would keep asking him questions until he got pissed off and that would be bad for Manny. So I am just not getting one. I hate lottery's and choices and such. Just like to buy on the spot. Barely used SS worked out perfect for me. Transaction took 3 days. The way I like it. Not waiting months for stuff. Not me at least. You have the patience of a Saint Manny. Or just really want what you want no matter the wait. I would honestly say the SS and Mozaic are similar quality? Not sure as I have not handled the Java. He did coat it himself though. If you include that service, the SS is actually more expensive new? I have no idea how the indented font just occurred LOL. Dragon is pretty complex and easy to screw up. Like it always does "Mod" with a capital "M". That was not my own stupidity HAHA.

Honestly I would be hard pressed to say if the Java or SS looks nicer. It is a tough call. They are both top of the line obviously. What I like about the SS is the size and the knurled grip. Like a good flashlight. Manny I have a tiny Photon Fanatic, $$$ but it is only 15 lumens! Still a collectors item. You know that one? I have many 4sevens and all kinds of custom lights. Not afraid to give them out to my guy's either. They are just "things". People and animals are all that matter in the end to me.

I have to get in bed early now. I really do not feel good. Kind of comes with being nearly 82 years old even if I was not ill! Your bones just start aching and shit. I do hope everyone lives to at least 100 though. Probably wishful thinking on my part however :)

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How many coats do you plan to put? Bill told me on this 12-15. That other one was not nearly as smooth. Rather than use putty he used more coats. Strange because the Murata are more money? The LG's last fine at 16W. I just had dead batteries. They lasted over 3,000 cycles though. Comparable to VTC6. Perhaps the VTC6 is somewhat better but I am happy with the LG. LG is not junk. They are made in Japan. Which is odd because they are a S. Korean company. Today I got enough juice and coils for nearly 2 years all for les than $300. I figured it was a good deal so I took it. Although steeping gallons takes forever. I think I will transfer it to 500ML bottles. Those steep in about a month. I can't wait to get my SS back. Probably my favorite Mod now.

So, Jinx'd they drill a hole in the faceplate and then you have a hole in it? I just really hope it does not die soon but it is inevitable with anything DNA. Or just my bad luck. I have YIHI 10 years old. Beat to heck but still works. DNA lucky to last me a year. I have so many Mods not buying any more right now. The Vgod is the only tank I need but I did order a backup one. You would be surprised the output at 16W once you get it hot. I wanted a Java really but I cannot deal with that. Better I don't. I would keep asking him questions until he got pissed off and that would be bad for Manny. So I am just not getting one. I hate lottery's and choices and such. Just like to buy on the spot. Barely used SS worked out perfect for me. Transaction took 3 days. The way I like it. Not waiting months for stuff. Not me at least. You have the patience of a Saint Manny. Or just really want what you want no matter the wait. I would honestly say the SS and Mozaic are similar quality? Not sure as I have not handled the Java. He did coat it himself though. If you include that service, the SS is actually more expensive new? I have no idea how the indented font just occurred LOL. Dragon is pretty complex and easy to screw up. Like it always does "Mod" with a capital "M". That was not my own stupidity HAHA.

Honestly I would be hard pressed to say if the Java or SS looks nicer. It is a tough call. They are both top of the line obviously. What I like about the SS is the size and the knurled grip. Like a good flashlight. Manny I have a tiny Photon Fanatic, $$$ but it is only 15 lumens! Still a collectors item. You know that one? I have many 4sevens and all kinds of custom lights. Not afraid to give them out to my guy's either. They are just "things". People and animals are all that matter in the end to me.

I have to get in bed early now. I really do not feel good. Kind of comes with being nearly 82 years old even if I was not ill! Your bones just start aching and shit. I do hope everyone lives to at least 100 though. Probably wishful thinking on my part however :)
Goodnight bro..... Yeah 12 coats is looking good but I'm taking mine to 15 coats...... My Java is 15 coats and yes it feels like a layer of plastic on it.....and it's so glossy.....

The secret is hitting it with 10000 or 12000 really good until it's mirror finish and smooth in between each coat of poly......

I'm not buying much, I'm saving to get a bike......

ca8b4412357aeffde72175789f460170.jpg

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Sold my 2007 R1200RT..... Now I'm looking at a K-series GTL 1600
f54b4ae85c2b355275d0b45bf043a735.jpg

not a Harley ! holly shit. I thought you a Harley man. I am not a Harley man.

this is along the lines of what I like. had one back in the day. LOVED IT ! tons of fun and got layed many times on it.

ltd1000.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that green looks great. so, your saying green doesn't polish out well, or you just don't like green ?
If you like green.... I had a couple and could not get them to look good..... So I stuck with darker colors......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
not a Harley ! holly shit. I thought you a Harley man. I am not a Harley man.

this is along the lines of what I like. had one back in the day. LOVED IT ! tons of fun and got layed many times on it.

View attachment 141924
Had one of those back in 1986 I traded it in for a 1987 Ninja 1000 after watching Top Gun....... Ha ha..... For real.....

Tried a Harley for a year ..... not my style of cruising. ... I jump on it and take off for (2) weeks...... Long road.... I'm looking for a BMW so I can cruise from Arizona to Miami Beach..... That's around 3,500 miles

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was a Harley Guy. I have to hand it to you BMW is obviously a better machine. Like Monster Garage VS. the House of Porsche. That is why I love Harley it is so rough and "Butch". BMW is fine and refined. That 6 cylinder is way quitter than a Harley 4. It just sings. No Duh you have to save up. That is like 50 grand loaded. Absolute base not under $31,000 here. My Cousin sold them for 60 years. Just retired I could have got you a deal man if it was 3 years ago. I swear I would have got you like 25% off! Not anymore sorry Bro. Maybe I can ask him if he can still do anything if you are really interested. Can pick up in AZ too.I have a turbo Hayabusa with Nitrous..I rode that when I was 69! I have Ninja's BTR's ETC. just never felt like selling them. I don't need the money or people to threaten me while I am crippled. My best bike was a BMW though. A 1984. Still works fine. Starts on 1 stroke. Says a lot about them. A brand new Harley Might start on 3-5 strokes. An Old one up tp 20. BMW is the ultimate cruiser. Can almost fall asleep on it. Although I do not recommend that :) Harley needs attention. Both riding and mechanical. After every ride on a Harley I check all the hoses, braids, chain ETC. Just smart thing to do. They are built like crap but I love them. I have some Indian, even much worse. Crotch rockets are fun but you have to be nuts. I was most certainly. I was riding that Hayabusa on the street at 260MPH! Yes, I just caused myself Liable but that is a said and done offense no proof just hearsay by myself.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was a Harley Guy. I have to hand it to you BMW is obviously a better machine. Like Monster Garage VS. the House of Porsche. That is why I love Harley it is so rough and "Butch". BMW is fine and refined. That 6 cylinder is way quitter than a Harley 4. It just sings. No Duh you have to save up. That is like 50 grand loaded. Absolute base not under $31,000 here. My Cousin sold them for 60 years. Just retired I could have got you a deal man if it was 3 years ago. I swear I would have got you like 25% off! Not anymore sorry Bro. Maybe I can ask him if he can still do anything if you are really interested. Can pick up in AZ too.I have a turbo Hayabusa with Nitrous..I rode that when I was 69! I have Ninja's BTR's ETC. just never felt like selling them. I don't need the money or people to threaten me while I am crippled. My best bike was a BMW though. A 1984. Still works fine. Starts on 1 stroke. Says a lot about them. A brand new Harley Might start on 3-5 strokes. An Old one up tp 20. BMW is the ultimate cruiser. Can almost fall asleep on it. Although I do not recommend that :) Harley needs attention. Both riding and mechanical. After every ride on a Harley I check all the hoses, braids, chain ETC. Just smart thing to do. They are built like crap but I love them. I have some Indian, even much worse. Crotch rockets are fun but you have to be nuts. I was most certainly. I was riding that Hayabusa on the street at 260MPH! Yes, I just caused myself Liable but that is a said and done offense no proof just hearsay by myself.
Yeah Ninjas are pretty awesome..... My first bike was a Yamaha RD250

Then I stepped up to my Kawasaki LTD 650.... Then Ninja 600, 750 and a 900..... Finally with a 1000

My first BMW was a R1200RT..... And ended with a R1200RT 2008

Now a 1600 or another K1200 GT series......4683_WH_180127_BMW_1600GTL_Stefan58-_Read-Only_-large.jpg123094d1542570484-finally-got-my-2019-gt-5cf29606-f3c2-4985-8a0b-f1935ae5200b_1542570482228.jpg001.jpg

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For some reason that bike looks so big on you. Is that a really big bike? I mean like a Ninja is tiny. I have one fast one called a R12 or something. Not sure of the model. The R1600 looks smaller than the one you are on though plus I like the storage options better. Is the one you are on a better one? I am so glad you wear a helmet Bro. 100%.

Man I cannot believe Dog Chapman's Wife passed away. He really loved her. I never thought I would see that guy cry but I know he has a heart. He just can't cry in his line of work. He is 66. That is amazing. I was not such a badass when I was 25. He does not carry a gun either. I carry a gun. Although carrying a gun does not make you tough, it just makes you prepared. Of course I am damn likely to miss my target nowadays. I do not clean them or anything. Too dangerous for me. It is just backup if all else fails with my guy's. There are still plenty of people that want me gone. People I lost their trial. Sometimes you cannot win when there are 200 indictments and the guy is clearly guilty. This is the Mob I am speaking of naturally. Those folks suck IMO.I wish I never did that job but I did make a fortune at it. Still was not worth it in retrospect. Everything has a price. Sold my soul.

Those are super nice bikes though. Of course if I could still ride I am no longer interested in crotch rockets.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Tried a Harley for a year ..... not my style of cruising. ... I jump on it and take off for (2) weeks...... Long road.... I'm looking for a BMW so I can cruise from Arizona to Miami Beach..... That's around 3,500 miles

yeah, I don;'t think a Harley is much of a road bike, jmo. if I was doing what you do, I think I would get a Goldwing.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah, I don;'t think a Harley is much of a road bike, jmo. if I was doing what you do, I think I would get a Goldwing.
They are big cruisers.... Similar in size to Honda Goldwings..... They have inline (6) cylinder engines with 165 hp.....

Yamaha has (2) racing models..... I know them well and driven them before.....The R6 and the R12

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah Goldwings are all highway.... I tried to drive one in the city...Oh man..... Poor turning radius and simply large as hell.....

A good touring can handle twists and curves like a race bike but can candle long trips too.......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you think of this ? Its a 2010 K1300 175 HP with 16,000 miles two blocks away from my home, spoke with the Doctor and he says he has the folder when he bought her in 2010 with the window sticker of $28,356.00 and all the maintenance records and completed rear train recall completed 01111_cRviydlHvMX_1200x900.jpg 00v0v_abBdptZM6h0_1200x900.jpg ...... One owner........

VU Sponsors