Become a Patron!

I want to see everyone's wood....... (Stabwood, wood, mixed ) Regulated, Mechanical, Wood look alike

Dan Hollis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

I didn’t even see this one before, it’s a work of art...

How long have you been collecting? Between these and the Solar Storms you posted in the hand-check thread you have the best collection I’ve seen. The solar storm is like a grail mod for me, haha. Seeing the hussar Vapes project x on one made me buy that tank, now I just need the mod!

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I knew it was shiny. Fidola, that is a Grand. I thought you needed your money? I would suggest not do that. Your health is more important.
Only issue with Vgod is unscrew to fill the glass is loose. In my condition trying to hold down the glass and not over fill it. Unless I am doing something wrong?

I do not mean to be a dick but just funny. Manny, how long would it take to inspect our home? 74,000 SF on 4,000 acres with about 700,000 SF of barns, arenas ETC. Just humor me LOL. That is a very nice home though. I can't believe it is "only" 6.5MM. In the boondocks? In Chicago a 25,000 SF condo is 150MM! Glad to be rid of Chicago. I enjoy having nothing around us but animals. There is no store, nothing. That is how we were able to do this.

I take meds I cannot say here. I will tell you they do nothing to me. Not even stop the pain. But been on 12 years my body just ignores it now.

It’s a good thing I have you in my life Gorgon because I just want to keep spending money! Every time I see a shiny new mod especially a stabwood one I want to buy it. I have a difficult time w impulse control!!

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks.... This Titanium doesn't shine..... And the mod is paperweight..... It feels like an empty shell until you put a battery in it......
c42563be28acd78463d23cf4cabc511f.jpg
e6e929be1fd2631a6f44fa4204c7b377.jpg
630adabacf1b9ed1d36665150b7c58c8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I love the look of that stabwood. It’s very different!

robfisher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn’t even see this one before, it’s a work of art...

How long have you been collecting? Between these and the Solar Storms you posted in the hand-check thread you have the best collection I’ve seen. The solar storm is like a grail mod for me, haha. Seeing the hussar Vapes project x on one made me buy that tank, now I just need the mod!

@Dan Hollis I have been collecting for 5 years... it all started with REO's! Best of luck with your Solar Storm hunt! :)
REO-Family02.jpg

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I had some custom Squonkers made years ago....
cdb9dc2931720d325a3b7b712e01bd5c.jpg

the vr wood mods were nice, in their day. I had a rosewood 26650 with buffalo caps

the pekos were ok, but i didn't get along with the form factor. Did you assemble those yourself, off shapeways prints? or where they DJ ones?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the vr wood mods were nice, in their day. I had a rosewood 26650 with buffalo caps

the pekos were ok, but i didn't get along with the form factor. Did you assemble those yourself, off shapeways prints? or where they DJ ones?
DJ approved..... I wasn't one of the picky ones....... I have them on a shelve looking pretty......

This is the one that still gets used...

5b7ee4deb1741e11b8606010fca20057.jpg
9b675761f22b8456e41cb24ddcb98e1b.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It’s a good thing I have you in my life Gorgon because I just want to keep spending money! Every time I see a shiny new mod especially a stabwood one I want to buy it. I have a difficult time w impulse control!!
Get one Sara.... It's nice..... You have me on one shoulder and Gorgon on the other... You know the gig with the and the .
8c45757340531792f894ee71e9e8950f.jpg

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do not like MK or last one Manny. Whatever you like though. Sara, your health is more important than "toys". Trust me. Do not spend it if you need it for more important things. You think easy for me to say. I was once homeless for 1.5 years so I do know hard life too. I understand both sides.

Manny I love when a Master Electrician bonds to Plastic water pipe LOL. I actually had to fix that in my own home. Wells are galvanized out of the building but pex from there on.

Well 1 well is picking up silt. I have the pumps dead bottom. I believe not to have 200' stale water above it. They need to raise that 8" tomorrow. I have my own well truck. The guy that installed it complained he wanted a new truck. I said give me your truck, no fee for job I will buy you a new truck. He agreed because that was more than the job. Plus he really wanted a new truck. The old truck works for my seldom needs. Those trucks are not cheap but neither was this job. We have 8 wells on property 5 in aquifer.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, Primo TI is nice. Manny, your material setting on screen is brighter than other settings? Evolv thought screen was bad but I think it is just the theme. How can just one line be brighter.

Wood is rough. I better wax this before I am sorry. I will have my "neighbor" polish it on the wheel and put as many coats poly as he is reasonable about. For all I know he does not mind 25 coats LOL. I do not want it too heavy though.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do not like MK or last one Manny. Whatever you like though. Sara, your health is more important than "toys". Trust me. Do not spend it if you need it for more important things. You think easy for me to say. I was once homeless for 1.5 years so I do know hard life too. I understand both sides.

Manny I love when a Master Electrician bonds to Plastic water pipe LOL. I actually had to fix that in my own home. Wells are galvanized out of the building but pex from there on.

Well 1 well is picking up silt. I have the pumps dead bottom. I believe not to have 200' stale water above it. They need to raise that 8" tomorrow. I have my own well truck. The guy that installed it complained he wanted a new truck. I said give me your truck, no fee for job I will buy you a new truck. He agreed because that was more than the job. Plus he really wanted a new truck. The old truck works for my seldom needs. Those trucks are not cheap but neither was this job. We have 8 wells on property 5 in aquifer.
Yeah man sump pumps, shredders, and trying to pump up hill to street sewer..... I see funky million dollar homes that smell like dog shit with those fucking sumps..... draining to drywells.... Very Primitive......

You're in a farm it's different

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, Primo TI is nice. Manny, your material setting on screen is brighter than other settings? Evolv thought screen was bad but I think it is just the theme. How can just one line be brighter.

Wood is rough. I better wax this before I am sorry. I will have my "neighbor" polish it on the wheel and put as many coats poly as he is reasonable about. For all I know he does not mind 25 coats LOL. I do not want it too heavy though.
I have that screen on the lowest setting and matched the gray theme to the exterior.......I think 15 coats is plenty..... The Java got 15.......
08535eb0f1b9404419590d972c4d176a.jpg

681ae81f5d2fa08628323d5c05e6a759.jpg

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh Manny, the 26650 has a different theme. I am sure mine is normal and not broken. I doubt just one line of text would be brighter if it was a bad screen.

You know discharge sumps into storm drain is not legal anywhere! You would be surprised how much new construction does this. I hope you fail that. We have no sewers here. The rain goes in culverts and ponds. The shit is septic. This home is built very well. We have had 500 year rains and not even close to flooding. First of all it is up high. Then the sumps have backups but the home is on generator. It is just in case pump fails. I use sumpro it is the best. Those 12 volt systems like watchdog are garbage. Speaking of which we are very careful with septic. No disposal, Bidets ETC. Have never had to pump. One of my Guy's opened the tanks last year and they were not even at "operating" level. So nothing even going in the field. Of course it stinks here. Look how many animals. Like you said it is a farm. Goes with the territory. Of course we are all "nose blind" to it. Although other people come and nearly puke. There are about 40 animals inside the home. Cat's, dogs, Tortoises, Parrots, Ferrets, Rabbit's, Chinchillas ETC. Obviously there is no law about that here. In fact there are no laws. Just one, which is good. Stand your ground. You protect your own homestead. Although this is so hidden people that have been here once often cannot find their way back. The roads are dirt and on a private road 3.5 miles, home is set back about a mile. Something different than most people are used to. I have business satellite internet but it goes 1GBPS. It costs a fortune but I like it. Honestly only need 50MBPS though.

I really like the Primo. Maybe I would even like mine better than 26650. It is so skinny. I hardly know it is in my hand. Height is not an issue to me. Same exact height as Duke. Less than half the size. It is all I use. It does not look good now though. Tomorrow I will bring it to be polished and coated. I just hope he does not go crazy with the poly to "please" me. I will tell him 6 coats max. I thought mine looked nice but I like yours too. It is not the Natakari though. I just think VA is "safe" on service. Plus it is very good for a production Mod.

The Vgod is the shit! I wish I knew this sooner. Leaks not a drop. Even at 16W it blows plenty good. At that coils should last a year or so I bet!

Yes, Mani you are being the Devil to Sara, I am being the Angel LOL. Seriously Sara, please do not overextend yourself. I care about people here. I know you really want it but much more important things. I am vaping a $650 Mod and I have a $15,000 Mod. Well, apparently it appreciated I only paid $950. that was an investment out of luck. Mods are no investment. Like Beanie Babies. Lost my shirt on that. I waited to long to sell.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh Manny, the 26650 has a different theme. I am sure mine is normal and not broken. I doubt just one line of text would be brighter if it was a bad screen.

You know discharge sumps into storm drain is not legal anywhere! You would be surprised how much new construction does this. I hope you fail that. We have no sewers here. The rain goes in culverts and ponds. The shit is septic. This home is built very well. We have had 500 year rains and not even close to flooding. First of all it is up high. Then the sumps have backups but the home is on generator. It is just in case pump fails. I use sumpro it is the best. Those 12 volt systems like watchdog are garbage. Speaking of which we are very careful with septic. No disposal, Bidets ETC. Have never had to pump. One of my Guy's opened the tanks last year and they were not even at "operating" level. So nothing even going in the field. Of course it stinks here. Look how many animals. Like you said it is a farm. Goes with the territory. Of course we are all "nose blind" to it. Although other people come and nearly puke. There are about 40 animals inside the home. Cat's, dogs, Tortoises, Parrots, Ferrets, Rabbit's, Chinchillas ETC. Obviously there is no law about that here. In fact there are no laws. Just one, which is good. Stand your ground. You protect your own homestead. Although this is so hidden people that have been here once often cannot find their way back. The roads are dirt and on a private road 3.5 miles, home is set back about a mile. Something different than most people are used to. I have business satellite internet but it goes 1GBPS. It costs a fortune but I like it. Honestly only need 50MBPS though.

I really like the Primo. Maybe I would even like mine better than 26650. It is so skinny. I hardly know it is in my hand. Height is not an issue to me. Same exact height as Duke. Less than half the size. It is all I use. It does not look good now though. Tomorrow I will bring it to be polished and coated. I just hope he does not go crazy with the poly to "please" me. I will tell him 6 coats max. I thought mine looked nice but I like yours too. It is not the Natakari though. I just think VA is "safe" on service. Plus it is very good for a production Mod.

The Vgod is the shit! I wish I knew this sooner. Leaks not a drop. Even at 16W it blows plenty good. At that coils should last a year or so I bet!

Yes, Mani you are being the Devil to Sara, I am being the Angel LOL. Seriously Sara, please do not overextend yourself. I care about people here. I know you really want it but much more important things. I am vaping a $650 Mod and I have a $15,000 Mod. Well, apparently it appreciated I only paid $950. that was an investment out of luck. Mods are no investment. Like Beanie Babies. Lost my shirt on that. I waited to long to sell.
I have a guy selling me an all red beautiful Primo Ti 26650 in red Stabwood (all stabwood) no resin ...... With all packaging like barely used..... Have to talk to Sara...... $300 bucks.....

I'm having the guy send me some pictures... He paid $750 for it......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That cap is off the chain! Never saw anything like that. That is an extremely high end Mod.
It's different alright... I like the Primo 26650....good size..... You should be happy...what happened to The Asmodus Thor....... You loved that mod......

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
EH, switched to the Primo LOL. I only use one at a time. The Primo is decidedly nicer than the Thor but nothing wrong with the Thor either. The Thor is a nice Mod but I like the Primo if for nothing else it is smaller. I guess I would probably prefer the 21700 to the 26650. 40T battery lasts just as long as a 26650. Those Ijoy I grossly overpaid for are junk IMO. The Thor and the Primo are similar actually. The size I like. I am sure I will use it sometime.

$350 is a steal for a 26650 Primo. Maybe sell it to Sara so she does not spend too much. That would be a nice gesture on your part. You have enough Stabwood LOL. I thought I paid $650 but it might have been $850. I know it was more because of the low number and good looking. His others were like $75-$100USD less. I might have paid $850, don't remember. I am sure I could sell it for more than I paid whatever the amount was. It is not for sale though!

Heck, now that you mentioned it I might go revisit the Thor II. She is lonely I imagine. The VA is somewhat higher quality but pretty similar. VA must be the top production Mod but Asmodus/Ultroner is a very good value and not poorly built at all. These are not $35 Mods that fail in a week. Either one that is. Nothing like the Java but heck you like them too. So I guess they are pretty good. If you are using a VA and you have the custom ones. Since you asked me, what happened to your Duke? I actually like the Primo better. I have 2 Knight's(expensive) but the way you hold them on the side does not really appeal to me. The battery cap on the Primo 21700 is less than 1/4 turn which is great. I am not sure if the 26650 has that? Does it have a coin slot? I hate that. Happy with what I have. I would get a Java if I could, but alas I cannot. The VA is up there though. Once I get it polished and coated should be much nicer than it is currently. The nice thing about Stabwood, unless you outright abuse it you can always bring it back up to snuff.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
EH, switched to the Primo LOL. I only use one at a time. The Primo is decidedly nicer than the Thor but nothing wrong with the Thor either. The Thor is a nice Mod but I like the Primo if for nothing else it is smaller. I guess I would probably prefer the 21700 to the 26650. 40T battery lasts just as long as a 26650. Those Ijoy I grossly overpaid for are junk IMO. The Thor and the Primo are similar actually. The size I like. I am sure I will use it sometime.

$350 is a steal for a 26650 Primo. Maybe sell it to Sara so she does not spend too much. That would be a nice gesture on your part. You have enough Stabwood LOL. I thought I paid $650 but it might have been $850. I know it was more because of the low number and good looking. His others were like $75-$100USD less. I might have paid $850, don't remember. I am sure I could sell it for more than I paid whatever the amount was. It is not for sale though!

Heck, now that you mentioned it I might go revisit the Thor II. She is lonely I imagine. The VA is somewhat higher quality but pretty similar. VA must be the top production Mod but Asmodus/Ultroner is a very good value and not poorly built at all. These are not $35 Mods that fail in a week. Either one that is. Nothing like the Java but heck you like them too. So I guess they are pretty good. If you are using a VA and you have the custom ones. Since you asked me, what happened to your Duke? I actually like the Primo better. I have 2 Knight's(expensive) but the way you hold them on the side does not really appeal to me. The battery cap on the Primo 21700 is less than 1/4 turn which is great. I am not sure if the 26650 has that? Does it have a coin slot? I hate that. Happy with what I have. I would get a Java if I could, but alas I cannot. The VA is up there though. Once I get it polished and coated should be much nicer than it is currently. The nice thing about Stabwood, unless you outright abuse it you can always bring it back up to snuff.
This one is used bit the guy wants $300 bucks...... I thought this would be a good one for Sara...... It's red colored...... Fidola13 might like it..... But Sarai's very particular on what she likes .... she's like me.....

It needs a good polishing........ No my Primo Ti has that push down quarter turn on the battery cap......

277a0c2eaf2c54d0e0d5bd4085a2242d.jpg
b6ab4acdcf4abbf85bd5194fce1f4858.jpg
f9a8567d8ee0a14c80da8a498510b14f.jpg
d7ebbbb53505333cac18dde89a4e2150.jpg
15bc8c57484be484f63868c97e835361.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think Sara had said she wasn’t too crazy about the designs on the face of the Primo...wish she could see it in person because I really don’t think it is bad (in factI mentioned before how much I love it.)
She showed interest in this one.... I think the high polishing on the face she doesn't like..... The older Titanium is not polished.... And the design on the face has a gray color too....
da9475ddef700b95571f49f460d40cf6.jpg
afab723af0ad8f43cd1f8b151e556b04.jpg

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That red one is nice. Actually, pretty much all Primo's are nice. How do you unscrew that battery cap? The 21700 has a raised part in the middle you grip. The 21700 is all polished metal which is not quite as nice but I prefer the size of it. A good 21700 lasts as long as a 26650.

Well Manny now that you mentioned it I am using the Thor. I just brought the Primo to be polished and poly coated. I only wanted 6 coats. I feel more is too thick for my personal taste. Like I said we trade up here no cash. he wanted a weed wacker so I will give him one. We have many of them. Quite frankly the weed wacker is worth more but it is fine with me.

I thought the Vgod coil was bad already. Don't know what happened. I was getting some burnt hits but it is fine again now. At 16W even chain vaping it should last a good long time. I made a mistake and bought the RBA deck. It already comes with one. No big deal, that was the least expensive item of it. I am unlikely to use either of them though.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That red one is nice. Actually, pretty much all Primo's are nice. How do you unscrew that battery cap? The 21700 has a raised part in the middle you grip. The 21700 is all polished metal which is not quite as nice but I prefer the size of it. A good 21700 lasts as long as a 26650.

Well Manny now that you mentioned it I am using the Thor. I just brought the Primo to be polished and poly coated. I only wanted 6 coats. I feel more is too thick for my personal taste. Like I said we trade up here no cash. he wanted a weed wacker so I will give him one. We have many of them. Quite frankly the weed wacker is worth more but it is fine with me.

I thought the Vgod coil was bad already. Don't know what happened. I was getting some burnt hits but it is fine again now. At 16W even chain vaping it should last a good long time. I made a mistake and bought the RBA deck. It already comes with one. No big deal, that was the least expensive item of it. I am unlikely to use either of them though.

Is it the aluminum coils you got or Kanthal...? The VGOD coils need to be used daily, when you let it sit un-used and decide to use it after a couple of days they taste funny the first couple of Vapes.......

The coats of clear coat are light so it needs many coats..... And they have to be sprayed not brushed...... And in an absolute no dust environment...... If any dust gets under any coat it will become bumpy.... Grindy

Every coat has to have a minimum of 4 to 8 hours between coats, most high end woodworkers do one coat every 24 hours......

The cap you need to thumb it and twist left......with the 26650 is easier because the cap is much larger.... And the Titanium is not smooth (it's textured) so it's much easier to grip.....

The OFRF RTA.......
3ae9331237c774d8d2653b1c4e17454c.jpg

52f27e473fdfeaa19824d2cfed51274c.jpg

5da6164744d8008c38411b4daf475ad9.jpg

4bc87ea3ff71a50f11b6060bd6ab21df.jpg
bb34285103d5bb9e97e55f539afa5a8e.jpg

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That Java is insane. I guess I like it better than the Gold Natakari. The battery cap really tops it off. This guy has full shop. He has a dust free chamber. Plus handles with dust free gloves and towels. I really only wanted 6 coats then done Monday. Or should I tell him more? Heck knows I "paid" him enough. A gas weed wacker is about $600 or more. I do not mind, we have plenty of them. I told him not to take it apart because he is not an electronics guy. He will tape it off. It is sprayed by robot.

They are SS .4 coils. They only make SS Shotgun coils. No Kanthal. It works much better in "Watts" though.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That Java is insane. I guess I like it better than the Gold Natakari. The battery cap really tops it off. This guy has full shop. He has a dust free chamber. Plus handles with dust free gloves and towels. I really only wanted 6 coats then done Monday. Or should I tell him more? Heck knows I "paid" him enough. A gas weed wacker is about $600 or more. I do not mind, we have plenty of them. I told him not to take it apart because he is not an electronics guy. He will tape it off. It is sprayed by robot.

They are SS .4 coils. They only make SS Shotgun coils. No Kanthal. It works much better in "Watts" though.
Tell him to make the decision he will know.......when it's perfect
96610cf4d0b09b8dbecbd73a4d629702.jpg

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
okay, just printed it out. Thanks Manny. He is only other Guy up here with a little money. I built my home next to his. 20 miles LOL. He built a 3MM kitchen in St. Charles Illinois. He built my kitchen but it was not that much. He ships allover the world. Still, I do not think he is loaded but could be wrong. He has a nice home maybe 10,000 SF. We go over for dinner, than the Guy's have a beer in his outdoor kitchen and the Ladies chat gossip. my only "neighbor". If you can call it that so far away. When they delivered my Viking Fridge the truck got stuck in snow on dirt road. This was years ago. cost them as much as Fridge to get out LOL. Well, maybe not that much but it ruined their day for sure. in winter it is only 4x4 big trucks with clearance here. when I used to go out of here with a sports car I went about 2MPH on these roads. I will just fax it to him now.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
okay, just printed it out. Thanks Manny. He is only other Guy up here with a little money. I built my home next to his. 20 miles LOL. He built a 3MM kitchen in St. Charles Illinois. He built my kitchen but it was not that much. He ships allover the world. Still, I do not think he is loaded but could be wrong. He has a nice home maybe 10,000 SF. We go over for dinner, than the Guy's have a beer in his outdoor kitchen and the Ladies chat gossip. my only "neighbor". If you can call it that so far away. When they delivered my Viking Fridge the truck got stuck in snow on dirt road. This was years ago. cost them as much as Fridge to get out LOL. Well, maybe not that much but it ruined their day for sure. in winter it is only 4x4 big trucks with clearance here. when I used to go out of here with a sports car I went about 2MPH on these roads. I will just fax it to him now.
I think that wood worker sounds like he knows what he's doing....... you should let him finish all the Stabwood mods for you........

This is for the fridge lovers.....

ae5d5f415d38a89c0f8d707e0013d4ca.jpg
b38e821b0dc6aae9af9da0f01d028e58.jpg

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

What kind of poly is he using water or oil based?

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fuck me. The Vgod is $22.48 at the ad on here. I paid $46. Although it was worth $46. It is not like I am going to miss Twenty bucks but I am a Damn miser. I try to get everything the cheapest.

I am so sad the cat died. She was a small-ish wild cat. Cannot get at shelter because they are not legal in 99% of the US. Breeder has a 3 year waiting list. She used to ride around in my lap. We still have plenty of cats but I loved her. Now no cat in my lap. The others are more independent.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fuck me. The Vgod is $22.48 at the ad on here. I paid $46. Although it was worth $46. It is not like I am going to miss Twenty bucks but I am a Damn miser. I try to get everything the cheapest.

I am so sad the cat died. She was a small-ish wild cat. Cannot get at shelter because they are not legal in 99% of the US. Breeder has a 3 year waiting list. She used to ride around in my lap. We still have plenty of cats but I loved her. Now no cat in my lap. The others are more independent.
Sad for the cat.....

On the VGOD Just because it's cheaper doesn't mean you will get it in (2) days and legit ..... All the Chinese merchandise might be cheaper, but it can take a month to get, if you get it.....

VGOD are also heavily cloned...... Chinese clone everything........

VU Sponsors