Become a Patron!

I want to see everyone's wood....... (Stabwood, wood, mixed ) Regulated, Mechanical, Wood look alike

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is good to hear. Hardly any coils last months. You have quite a complete collection. I believe at some point one must exercise moderation. I am certainly guilty of it too. With many other things as well. Then down the road I look at all I do not use, spent on and regret it. I hope that does not happen to you. Just my advice, stop while you are ahead. That is just my personal opinion. Of course you are welcome to do as you choose. I certainly don't mind. I just hope you do not regret it later. You have a much nicer collection then I do to begin with. If I kept but 3, The Java, first Natakari and the new VA. I feel those are your standouts. I keep saying I will stop this or that but hardly ever do. Then later I feel bad about it. No financial distress but just overkill. How many can we use? I do not mean to be the bearer of bad news though.

You use the Vgod tank and you are a build guy. So it must be good. At 60W it is insane but cannot do that in here. Of course I tried it outside though :) The bedroom is on 3 floors and the 3rd floor has a large terrace. I just wheeled my ass out there.
Look at the color on the resin on both of these...... similar feel..... And do enjoy the VGOD..... My it's been in there for months and vaping at 60 watts..... So you chain vape at low watts .....you will get a month......

But you will never see any e-juice with a bottom airflow tank.....
a037f328865a3ce3dc6fa78160c0237a.jpg
c9884882fa2c3752662b2d7363a94b10.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, even the 27700 is very light. Even lighter than yours with the battery in. I do not know why mine shines. Maybe they gypped me and it is aluminum but it says TI.

I mean your Vgod, it is not what I got, it is a RDTA right? If it is what I got how do you like it? It still has good output at 10W but not enough to set off alarms. I am sorry, sometimes one needs to make adult decisions. I cannot set off monitored alarms. Already got fined $1,000. Next they don't come. They are 80 miles away anyways. I have a special 26" well with 128HP pump just in case fire. You can hook up 8 4" hoses to it for a total of about 3,000GPM. Which is actually more than most urban fire depts have. It is in the aquifer so never run out of water. At least not any time soon.

As I always say, I like VA. It is a safe bet. Especially for a production Mod. I would call it semi-custom. Like William henry knives and they make million dollar pocket knives. It is "semi" because you do not choose anything yourself. Although certainly above Asmodus and the likes. Although Asmodus is not bad at all either. In fact it is good. Just not as fancy or well built as VA. I cannot polish. I think I will have someone hit it with the wheel and put on maybe 6 coats poly. Do not want to spend more than that plus makes it heavier. I know exactly who can do it too. Up here most people get a public aid check. Some work for us and a few are tradesman. A neighbor if you can call them that(20 miles away but closest home to mine) is a master woodworker. Up here people "trade", no cash. No one has any but I will take care of them good. This is really the middle of nowhere. No post office. My mailbox is in IL. So I had to call Amazon. Drove all the way to PO and package was not there. It said by the 2nd. It was a rare item not in stock. Ordered 3 weeks ago.

Manny, I wanted to know if you know anything about electricity. It is a simple question. More of a "Duh" than actual electrical question.
Yeah ...what do you need electrical.......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Decided to use my Aromamizer Supreme Plus 30mm the first one's #P000009 .... With a Cinnamon Raspberry 16mg red nic .....

8fcc0ee02c27ca79ece9f2f7039eb07e.jpg

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Java is obviously nicer. It would be funny if Primo was your daily too. Not afraid to use it, I can buy them all day long. Yours, however may be irreplaceable. Actually I would say the first Natakari the Osiris the Java and your new VA are all very basically similar tones.

Okay, so I have a very expensive stereo system. I want a better "power conditioner". Would you get some "Audiophile" Voodoo box or a Double conversion UPS from Eaton that NASA uses? I think that is kind of a no brainer. These so called "Audiophiles" tend to be a bunch of idiots. Buying $10,000 power cords and stuff.. I imagine if it is good enough for NASA it is good enough to protect my stereo. a very small one is only $2,500 so it is not a big deal. See we live off a generator,solar and wind. It is not very "clean": power and can damage sensitive electronics.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Java is obviously nicer. It would be funny if Primo was your daily too. Not afraid to use it, I can buy them all day long. Yours, however may be irreplaceable. Actually I would say the first Natakari the Osiris the Java and your new VA are all very basically similar tones.

Okay, so I have a very expensive stereo system. I want a better "power conditioner". Would you get some "Audiophile" Voodoo box or a Double conversion UPS from Eaton that NASA uses? I think that is kind of a no brainer. These so called "Audiophiles" tend to be a bunch of idiots. Buying $10,000 power cords and stuff.. I imagine if it is good enough for NASA it is good enough to protect my stereo. a very small one is only $2,500 so it is not a big deal. See we live off a generator,solar and wind. It is not very "clean": power and can damage sensitive electronics.
Yeah I spend (4) hours polishing The Primo yesterday and (4) more today on my day off...

It is amazing what lies beneath that exterior wood .....

Stereo I'm not into the loud music sound system, but I do have several Bluetooth ear plugs for my Pixel made by Bang and Olufsen (E8) and another made by Klipsch (x11i) .....
0ac9028091965624cc2258e94c775673.jpg
02b86097e69ec47191da5829f241c5d2.jpg
2dd34c9864ce147a7478586550cd4a07.jpg
be02567ff3c9d451a83192a1f3ebf49c.jpg
8031b11d4143048f2ed4172766eb7354.jpg

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nah, I do not play it loud. Never did actually. Once again your Primo looks like a pretty expensive Mod.

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks .....it does look better and really protected....... How are you doing....Still polishing here and there......... ?

Haven’t been too great the past week or so. I’m hoping that once if ever good weather arrives I won’t be in so much pain. I take meds to help take the edge off the pain then I’m in a coma. It’s a catch 22.

Let me know if you see any good used stabwoods for my collection. Ive been eyeing the dpm evolv 2 but I’m not sure if I like the exposed battery tube. Not sure why that became a “thing” lately. Save on stabwood product lol??

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I spend (4) hours polishing The Primo yesterday and (4) more today on my day off...

It is amazing what lies beneath that exterior wood .....

Stereo I'm not into the loud music sound system, but I do have several Bluetooth ear plugs for my Pixel made by Bang and Olufsen (E8) and another made by Klipsch (x11i) .....
0ac9028091965624cc2258e94c775673.jpg
02b86097e69ec47191da5829f241c5d2.jpg
2dd34c9864ce147a7478586550cd4a07.jpg
be02567ff3c9d451a83192a1f3ebf49c.jpg
8031b11d4143048f2ed4172766eb7354.jpg

Doesn’t the Primo come with some type of poly clear coat already or no?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven’t been too great the past week or so. I’m hoping that once if ever good weather arrives I won’t be in so much pain. I take meds to help take the edge off the pain then I’m in a coma. It’s a catch 22.

Let me know if you see any good used stabwoods for my collection. Ive been eyeing the dpm evolv 2 but I’m not sure if I like the exposed battery tube. Not sure why that became a “thing” lately. Save on stabwood product lol??
I like those..... They look nice.... But you know what I like.... I'm eyeballing this one myself .... But the tube..... Uhm .....

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/113734969881

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn’t the Primo come with some type of poly clear coat already or no?
This is the Primo Titanium 26650 large cell..... #94 of 100 made (Discontinued)..... No shine...... Titanium look and no shine.....

The new one's are 21700 and are shinny Titanium and Shinny face and Shinny body...
a4715186549ea890ba7b99d8292491ed.jpg

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I knew it was shiny. Fidola, that is a Grand. I thought you needed your money? I would suggest not do that. Your health is more important.
Only issue with Vgod is unscrew to fill the glass is loose. In my condition trying to hold down the glass and not over fill it. Unless I am doing something wrong?

I do not mean to be a dick but just funny. Manny, how long would it take to inspect our home? 74,000 SF on 4,000 acres with about 700,000 SF of barns, arenas ETC. Just humor me LOL. That is a very nice home though. I can't believe it is "only" 6.5MM. In the boondocks? In Chicago a 25,000 SF condo is 150MM! Glad to be rid of Chicago. I enjoy having nothing around us but animals. There is no store, nothing. That is how we were able to do this.

I take meds I cannot say here. I will tell you they do nothing to me. Not even stop the pain. But been on 12 years my body just ignores it now.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I knew it was shiny. Fidola, that is a Grand. I thought you needed your money? I would suggest not do that. Your health is more important.
Only issue with Vgod is unscrew to fill the glass is loose. In my condition trying to hold down the glass and not over fill it. Unless I am doing something wrong?

I do not mean to be a dick but just funny. Manny, how long would it take to inspect our home? 74,000 SF on 4,000 acres with about 700,000 SF of barns, arenas ETC. Just humor me LOL. That is a very nice home though. I can't believe it is "only" 6.5MM. In the boondocks? In Chicago a 25,000 SF condo is 150MM! Glad to be rid of Chicago. I enjoy having nothing around us but animals. There is no store, nothing. That is how we were able to do this.

I take meds I cannot say here. I will tell you they do nothing to me. Not even stop the pain. But been on 12 years my body just ignores it now.
Then it needs to be tightened (the tank).... Glass should not move at all ...... You should unscrew it with index and thumb without a problem (the fill cap-tip) ......

The top doesn't need to be tight...... It has that inside fill gasket to keep it from leaking..... Hand tight not bolted down......

I thinks Sara should get the latest VA Primo or Ti 21700 ..... She will enjoy it because it's nice shape and small...... similar to that purple one you like.....

She wants small, sexy, well protected and shinny-glossy for protection.... And nice colors..... The Primo has all that...even the face plate I liked from the git go.......

I like mine as a matter of fact...... I have enjoyed it and it's amazing quality......
c59fb98b0b7cdbd3228e0de9e8fcb02a.jpg
46dffb78ad7e4d6f43f95bd81863cc70.jpg
e3985d003ad94b4c2e134ed153913942.jpg

602eb246a2513897ea2295f8efeab6f9.jpg

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It's all with roof type (clay,concrete tiles or SPF)... Quantity of rooms, bathrooms, water heaters and A/C units..... City or Septic.... Electrical panels and Sub-panels..... Attic - crawlspace...... And number of buildings and floors.... This home I showed you is $2,500 to inspect....

It depends I'm square footage and equipment because according to the standards of practice we need to write a report describing the components, equipment, condition, and descriptions and the problem and recommended action.

Insulation levels, hydronic system, plumbing, structural....... Water pressure, main valves, abs, metal, copper, PEX, cpvc and other plumbing.... Grounding and Bonding

Ventilation, tests on heating and cooling, temp readings, filtration, circulation, window egress, stairs, handrails, raise, run, thread.... Code and pre-code..... Wood components, facia, trim, headers.....posts and beams.... Rafters, joists, molding, engineered trusses....

Door components, Windows, toilets, showers,

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fidola13 (Sara) here are some comparison pictures to see if the Primo is something for you...... Compared to the Kodama.....and The Java....
24438b0d5b7a7bbbf8c77b835d7b47d2.jpg
c2fd0881011173348fc689092b7e30a2.jpg
0bbc73bfa36f823440cf76f9e32a8d9e.jpg
a1752edd5a62465232cb3065e3b59934.jpg

5a39c887324b8fc7fe50de431a29f5ea.jpg
3e8d65f60e352de34407fe50700a5420.jpg
fb5115bbe2ba2f21852bf15e2f4975e6.jpg
bfd48feec5fdb10dba5bd6c5ee0cedf6.jpg

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, it would keep you busy LOL. Obviously a home that size has the infrastructure to support it. Here you would have to do elevator inspections pools and a lot of stuff. There are two 400 amp panels and 1 200 amp panel. Hydronic boilers. Wind,solar and generator. 500 ton chiller. a lot of stuff. I am in certainly no way bragging about it though. Just telling you.

Yes, Primo TI for $600 is good. Quality is on par with best custom. That thing for $1,000 I do not even know that one. You buy a custom better be sure they stand behind it and in business at least 5 years. I believe the 21700 is smaller and lighter. It is taller than 26650. Plus shiny is not as nice. Overall it is the only one I use. The Vgod is much lighter than the Crown IV. It is a feather now. My problem is it can go flying out of my hand.

Manny, I don't get it. I am doing something wrong. I need your help please. When I unscrew the top cap(the metal part) the glass is held by nothing. I must be unscrewing the wrong thing. If I unscrew the drip tip there is just solid plastic under that. I bet I am unscrewing the wrong thing but I do not see any other way. You have to understand I don't understand a lot of stuff. I am not sure what I am unscrewing but it can't possibly be the right part. They would never have the glass come off when you are filling it. I am baffled. Please explain to me if you can. I am unscrewing the metal cap just below the drip tip on top. That can't be right. Thanks

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, it would keep you busy LOL. Obviously a home that size has the infrastructure to support it. Here you would have to do elevator inspections pools and a lot of stuff. There are two 400 amp panels and 1 200 amp panel. Hydronic boilers. Wind,solar and generator. 500 ton chiller. a lot of stuff. I am in certainly no way bragging about it though. Just telling you.

Yes, Primo TI for $600 is good. Quality is on par with best custom. That thing for $1,000 I do not even know that one. You buy a custom better be sure they stand behind it and in business at least 5 years. I believe the 21700 is smaller and lighter. It is taller than 26650. Plus shiny is not as nice. Overall it is the only one I use. The Vgod is much lighter than the Crown IV. It is a feather now. My problem is it can go flying out of my hand.

Manny, I don't get it. I am doing something wrong. I need your help please. When I unscrew the top cap(the metal part) the glass is held by nothing. I must be unscrewing the wrong thing. If I unscrew the drip tip there is just solid plastic under that. I bet I am unscrewing the wrong thing but I do not see any other way. You have to understand I don't understand a lot of stuff. I am not sure what I am unscrewing but it can't possibly be the right part. They would never have the glass come off when you are filling it. I am baffled. Please explain to me if you can. I am unscrewing the metal cap just below the drip tip on top. That can't be right. Thanks
You figured it out....

There is something in the package called operating instructions..... That would of helped........

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I don't do elevators, fire systems, or solar systems..... Electrical panels I take all apart verify conductors (size-material) compared to breakers, main disconnect, bonding, grounding and GFCI and AFCI protection, looking for arcing or doubled neutrals and the same for individual Sub-panels (load calculations).

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See, manny you are joking? Since you said you weren't buying more. I just feel you look back and regret it. For instance I do not regret my many Kilos of Gold and Platinum. I do not regret undriven supercars. Those are investments. I do not regret Picasso, Rembrandt. Maybe a Woodie appreciates $1,000 but that is no type of investment. Of course do whatever pleases you. I am just recommending. That's all.

Ill make your job easier. If AFCI's are present and not tripped there are no shared neutrals or split branches. Also, it is correctly bonded. Or AFCI will not function. In new construction it is easy. Renovate old home can be a nightmare for Electrician. Have to trace every branch. In a very large home this can take 2-3 Guy's months. Still, I understand you have to do your job regardless but that is one way to "cheat". It is still legit, just takes less time.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See, manny you are joking? Since you said you weren't buying more. I just feel you look back and regret it. For instance I do not regret my many Kilos of Gold and Platinum. I do not regret undriven supercars. Those are investments. I do not regret Picasso, Rembrandt. Maybe a Woodie appreciates $1,000 but that is no type of investment. Of course do whatever pleases you. I am just recommending. That's all.

Ill make your job easier. If AFCI's are present and not tripped there are no shared neutrals or split branches. Also, it is correctly bonded. Or AFCI will not function. In new construction it is easy. Renovate old home can be a nightmare for Electrician. Have to trace every branch. In a very large home this can take 2-3 Guy's months. Still, I understand you have to do your job regardless but that is one way to "cheat". It is still legit, just takes less time.
Well I see plenty of reversed polarity, open grounds, hot neutrals....... They will all fry your computers and laptops. I'm starting to see individual circuit breakers (AFCI) for each bedroom which is the safest.

Many try to overload a GFCI or an AFCI ......

I saw today a 60amp fuse on an air conditioner with a 40 amps max. allowance as labeled ..... You know what that means.....I saw where you mentioned (correctly bonded) on an AFCi comment which I think you meant correctly grounded.

And found several doubled neutrals..... Split bus without a main (10) steps to turn off main power.

The home had also over 120 lbs. PSI water pressure..... Every new faucet was leaking below the operating handles.

I gave a report with 30+ items that would cost you $30,000+ to fix yourself and it's a house you just bought..... These things also happen to new homes.... Specially in the framing stage......

Many say these home inspectors and building code folks don't know anything.....ha ha good ones will forget more than most contractors will ever know .......

Tonight decided to hit the blue Kodama...
b5afcf22cd018dad1d5e35014ba766f5.jpg

cebeee3a3a100a39f32c13eaff4b959a.jpg

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah grounding. Do you know the difference between grounding and bonding? you do not have to explain just yes/no. you should! Anyways, None of your above scenarios will work with an AFCI. Yes, you can put too big OCPD for the branch! Standard 15 amp is 14AWG. You know that. IN AZ they use Romex, so fire! I have all emt(conduit) so it is not going to ignite if wires overheated anyways. Not enough oxygen in the raceway not to mention it is metal. Likely it burns, then shorts to ground and trips OCPD. Nonetheless my home has no bs like that. We have a commercial kitchen with staff in a home like this and there are 50 amp neutrik twist on's but properly sized! I am surprised that home was only 6.5MM? most homes like that even if not in a desired area are about $10MM. I should buy it LOL. I take it is already sold if you are involved. Water PSI 120 LOL. Here just due to the size of the home and run loss it is 80 PSI but most homes should not be more than 60. Plus I have no water bill! Wells. Heck, I have no utilities here. Everything is made by onsite stuff. Trash is burned. Not everyone would live this way even given the house but it is all I ever wanted.

So I put the Vgod on the Ironman which can do 400W. I set it to 200W. A freaking Bazooka and it did not even burn. I imagine coils do not last long at that but I just tried it once. I choked like a Motherfucker too. This thing is the shit! I am glad you recommended it!

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, yours is great robfisher.

So pissed Manny. My guy picked up a Corkie "direct replacement" flapper for Toto toilet. Of course failed to work per instructions or at all. Now need to get real part from Toto. No sweat off my back, I did no work of course. My guy was just pissed. I was too it did not work. What bullshit. They make shit that does not work. Corkie is #1 replacement brand but you know Toto are special toilets. Fuck 'em. Corkie, not Toto LOL.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah grounding. Do you know the difference between grounding and bonding? you do not have to explain just yes/no. you should! Anyways, None of your above scenarios will work with an AFCI. Yes, you can put too big OCPD for the branch! Standard 15 amp is 14AWG. You know that. IN AZ they use Romex, so fire! I have all emt(conduit) so it is not going to ignite if wires overheated anyways. Not enough oxygen in the raceway not to mention it is metal. Likely it burns, then shorts to ground and trips OCPD. Nonetheless my home has no bs like that. We have a commercial kitchen with staff in a home like this and there are 50 amp neutrik twist on's but properly sized! I am surprised that home was only 6.5MM? most homes like that even if not in a desired area are about $10MM. I should buy it LOL. I take it is already sold if you are involved. Water PSI 120 LOL. Here just due to the size of the home and run loss it is 80 PSI but most homes should not be more than 60. Plus I have no water bill! Wells. Heck, I have no utilities here. Everything is made by onsite stuff. Trash is burned. Not everyone would live this way even given the house but it is all I ever wanted.

So I put the Vgod on the Ironman which can do 400W. I set it to 200W. A freaking Bazooka and it did not even burn. I imagine coils do not last long at that but I just tried it once. I choked like a Motherfucker too. This thing is the shit! I am glad you recommended it!
I see homes with knob and tube and even Edison..... Still in use.... Federal Pacific and Zinsco too.... Bonding I describe it as a metal chain link fence with all your metal pipes ...... Your making a fence of all your metal pipes (water and gas).

I like the rookies I train, they tell me the water heater is not bonded would I write it up ? Then I have to explain the house is PEX....

VU Sponsors