Become a Patron!

I want to see everyone's wood....... (Stabwood, wood, mixed ) Regulated, Mechanical, Wood look alike

vapesmarter

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Modder
Oh I forgot. Vapesmarter, You are literally giving them away! I know what you said regarding that though. However, just sell to America and it instantly goes from 180GBP to 500GBP. Yes, a Monkey. I would honestly expect that one to be twice that price. Given everyone else's. That is way too low Bro, IMO. I really like that one just as it is. Once again I find myself not in the market for one. However if you want to keep that pricing I have a feeling you and I will do business soon enough. For instance the Beans are made in Poland but sold from a UK vendor. They were about 300GBP. Quite frankly yours is much nicer. I see no reason that is not 500GBP. You have it wrong man. I do not mean to be pushy, trying to help you. Sell that to America. A lot of us do not bat an eye to 500GBP again, and again. I hope you do keep them under 200 for my sake :) Look now I opened my big mouth and you give me your "special" price LOL. I am not insinuating you would do that just joking. Seriously though I am not sure why you feel the way you do. Perhaps in the UK you cannot sell them over 200. If you reach out to America one like that goes for at least twice that much. If you know the one I am talking about, last one posted. That is super nice work!

No offence taken yes I price according to a lot of factors

Aka

The person I’m selling too, the mod, the style,

I could just bang them out but I would become board very quickly so I refuse as many as I make for any number of reasons

The one is when I get an inquiry in the uk if the customer starts with ‘mate’ it’s a bad move I just know it’s a mod for either him to sell on or he had no experience in using say a mech

I’ve just done one for a chap in the USA his emails were lovely he had saved up for a mod and the description he gave of the design was a memory of woods and forests in his youth

Its going out today to him he literally like he is waiting for Santa for me that’s worth more than the money he paid

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah The Osiris is a dual 18650.......and the Mozaic it's a 26650 with the Yihi SX485J 100 watts.....

This one..... Pic #1

The wood blank is the center one....... Pic #2 which is more of a burgundy red.......

The owners name is Rienov Hardspinn on Facebook.......

You ask him to add to group and talk to several people on the group to be your friends....... Once your in he knows you aren't playing any games...
That's why they do it that way.... Serious people not 15 year olds jerking him around.....

Then after he sees you have (5) people he starts the process of selection of blanks and power chip.......

He sent me pictures of 20+ blanks to select......

Then you PayPal him the agreed amount and bam..... The mod will be completed in 7 to 10 days......
b77e1c40ac0169bef01adac22eb26b80.jpg
623abc46e62af10fd37e8faab0647f29.jpg

Once you use batteries on several mods they charge and discharge different...... I don't care they are usually very close and after charging them together the catch up in voltage.

They mainly tell you that so you don't mix a (2) year old battery with a new one.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Man that block in the center is amazing

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This company in Britain sells stabwood mods Inc Asmodus etc... They state that they polish oil and wax each device by hand for 30 hours to get the beautiful finish they have. The Ohmsium II is also described as having a clear coat.

I’m curious as to what oil they are using (Tung? Linseed? Mineral?) and where in the process they would be applying it. I remember the Asmodus rep said to use a mineral oil and lemon beeswax polish to bring out the depth when I asked about polishing the stabwood.

I wanted to hear what all your opinions are. Thanks.
Btw I really enjoy working on this hobby and learning so much from you guys. Thanks for so freely sharing your expertise.

https://www.stabwoodmods.co.uk/Box-Mods-UK-for-Sale/Asmodus-X-Ultroner-EOS-2-no-32-p129743503

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been taking pictures all day.... Ha ha.... Polishing and taking pics......
c56de691b084beda36c9060446a4ff57.jpg
fc836a6466b6de0af5f708c5bc46c1df.jpg
482c546dce57d7ac49bba65a194e42e1.jpg
006496bffdd11a11775c66669af416ae.jpg
b3f220175716178d7639479f42f72623.jpg
21880432ead0cabb8e345ffb9685bacb.jpg
37caa33153ae7c59d450be43cd47fbe0.jpg
24b8986d494de7ba0ae3e5b6f931699a.jpg
45990b101823265b65d326f5b5b78487.jpg

Beautiful collection of mods. You must be retired or something lol! I’m disabled so I have lots of time on my hands.

I want to add to my stabwood collection. I just have Asmodus and Yihi stabwoods. Is the Asvape is cheaply made mod? It’s pretty looking and I like the design but I’d rather save my money for a more expensive mod than a cheaply made one.

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you Manny. I honestly think the Osiris could have held 4 18650's! If it had 250C then.... Well, I think everyone knows I am not 15. If they believe I am 81 is up to them. Although I can be a nuisance in the other direction. Of the elderly LOL. Like I was not here today because my stomach hurt so bad. Plus with my mind going at some point I might not make sense anymore. Should be at least a few years. If that happens just ask me to leave. I may not even be using Dragon anymore at that point anyways.

Stupid to Marry batteries because one always runs out before the other anyways. I am glad you confirmed that. Every battery is not exactly the same capacity. I have seen brand new HG2 that are only about 2700MAH!

They are all nice and they are yours but I like your DPM the best. The first one. I will tell you how to polish Kodama. Machine. You really need to know what you are doing though or burn it bad. I highly do not suggest you do it. Here is the trick. Look up a "Luthier" in your area and se if they will do it for $45 is fair. a "Luthier" means master guitar builder. They have the machines and know how to use them. I did not mean to be an ass if everyone knows that word. I just figured people that don't play don't know about it. I used to play multiple instruments well. I cannot anymore. Quite frankly I should sell my studio but I don't really need the money. So no big deal. Manny, TBH I do not even know how to "work" FB. It is okay I can get nice ones other places like Vape trader. Now they are allowed on Ebay again I guess.

The Beans are okay. Polish often have Master woodworkers. Guy owns a cabinet shop so I know he is okay. Philippines are indeed the largest exporter of quality Mods. They have been since tube Mechs. I had bought like a 7 Grand tube Mech or something. Don't quite me on price I don't remember. I do remember it was a whole lot of money. They actually once had one for $150,000! Not even kidding. It had Gems and Diamonds that is why. As I remember some kid in Dubai bought it. Go figure. Can you believe this has been around about 20 years already? I mean Vaping.

Manny, I am glad you did not think I was critical of you. I was in fact trying to compliment you earlier. Mozaic is super nice but I guess I will just never have one. That is honestly okay. Not everyone can have everything. Not a financial issue just do not understand FB. So no need to finally get in there just to screw it up. If I could even manage to log in! I am not stupid. Well, now I sort of am but I was not before. I cannot disclose past clients but I will say it was like a Who's Who of the Mob! Honestly, shitty job even though I made a fortune. I suggest to any young Attorney you do not defend very dangerous people just to make money. Not worth it. I was a Judge for a while and now I receive Judges retirement fund among other pensions. Okay, too much information, sorry.

I wish Bean took 26650. Heck knows it is big enough. Smaller but by no means tiny. I am going to be upset if the next one only takes 22.5MM Atomizer. It did not say that but some of them do. The first takes whatever. I figured he only mentioned that on the few that were limited due to the top ring implementation. It is 34 wide so 25.5M Atty should fit fine. You do take some Gamble when you order overseas. Plus I will tell the obvious. There is no "returning" custom Mods HAHA. I am not such a dick I would even ask. If board is bad you do have YIHI or Evolv. Apparently the second ThorII has a bad board. The first one had a broken button. See that is Chinese for you. No insult, not racism. I am just saying they make a lot, fast with little QC. Those are factories". True custom Mods are usually made by one person. So they know what is going on with it.

Okay, sorry for such long post but I was gone all day. My bad. Still do not feel good. I am not one to say being old sucks either. I am fine with it. I just have some limitations which I did not in previous years. I do not mind though.

Hope you feel better Gorgon.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This company in Britain sells stabwood mods Inc Asmodus etc... They state that they polish oil and wax each device by hand for 30 hours to get the beautiful finish they have. The Ohmsium II is also described as having a clear coat.

I’m curious as to what oil they are using (Tung? Linseed? Mineral?) and where in the process they would be applying it. I remember the Asmodus rep said to use a mineral oil and lemon beeswax polish to bring out the depth when I asked about polishing the stabwood.

I wanted to hear what all your opinions are. Thanks.
Btw I really enjoy working on this hobby and learning so much from you guys. Thanks for so freely sharing your expertise.

https://www.stabwoodmods.co.uk/Box-Mods-UK-for-Sale/Asmodus-X-Ultroner-EOS-2-no-32-p129743503
It's regular mineral oil..... That's a temporary fix to shine them up.....

Polishing to present a mod, but after a while it starts to wear off and turns the wood dark and messy looking. This is for mods you never use and keep on a shelf for presentation or to look at.

We use our mods daily at least I do...

There are vendors that as soon as they receive the mod like that company in the UK, they prep it and sand it, but 30 hours I don't think so because the mod will become an $800 dollar mod.

Look at this video If you haven't seen it this geekay Vapes guy has his hands in a lot of Stabwood..... I think he is from Indonesia somewhere where Stabwood is their game.

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
C9D7D6CB-AFEA-494D-A913-F296D964F4F4.jpeg
Going big RTA today.....
f7f92d48fda0e414bcfa0708e353a7c9.jpg

Steam Crave Titan? I have several of the Supremes V2 and a couple of the Aromizers V2s. Great RTAs. The Supreme V2 was my 1st “RDTA”. I’ve been in love with genny styled RDTAs every since like the Avocado 24, Limitless Plus and Peerless. If I’m not dripping I’m usually using one of these. Just bought the Asmodus Nefarious in purple to match the Minikin V2 Stabwood in purple.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 133092

Steam Crave Titan? I have several of the Supremes V2 and a couple of the Aromizers V2s. Great RTAs. The Supreme V2 was my 1st “RDTA”. I’ve been in love with genny styled RDTAs every since like the Avocado 24, Limitless Plus and Peerless. If I’m not dripping I’m usually using one of these. Just bought the Asmodus Nefarious in purple to match the Minikin V2 Stabwood in purple.
They look Good..... The Purple Minikin is nice looking set up..... You sound like you have some pretty set ups..... All matchi-matchi...... Make a group photo, we would like to see them.....

I try to post only wood here.... But we can post anything as long as they aren't cigarettes......

The SS tank on the Osiris is a Fatality 28mm RTA.....

I have them all...... I'm waiting on The Zeus X in Blue for the Osiris....

I have every RTA made for real.... Not exaggerating.....

And super rare RDTA'S..... Like The Iron Maiden 30mm.... Many are large 28mm and 30mm...

Even Subohm tanks.....Have them all too.....

Amazing how we buy stuff.... We must be addicted....

b061a71cc2268feaf93f167d69949a81.jpg
196508296282c775017350e08f78e42c.jpg
7b261e80a0d5427d5c37884ef4684932.jpg
8517d8e29b67f97915d6598b12fa96a9.jpg
5065aa0f8e301b1d06a2a0938cec13ee.jpg
dc3cd9a4e4dfbc19f715c15d6a1a9579.jpg
907d86ba209fc9ba6d6eaba34803733e.jpg
66877091ae8ffaf3351726d0e7e139cf.jpg
7a400c7515526e3f767750dfe1f389c6.jpg
6c5c9c1f116360a743c8ced5b698d933.jpg
dadfa3ecb545dd108ee1ba7be6bd3c58.jpg

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stunning Manny!!
I find a little block-knot that needs to pop and spend a half an hour on that knot..... Keep areas alone that add some life like the middle part it adds brightness to the center...... If not it would be so dark and no definition........

You see how I avoided the center section....... I'd gives it a little life....

1235e9235801d5459abf2a988ec44597.jpg

11ebef120f486418ea313f395aab40d5.jpg

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 133102 Great minds and all that, this has been my afternoon and evening vape.
It's a pretty good vape right..... Love the SX 485J chip...... It's definitely an amazing mod and very small in size ......

I call it a tube mod..... Ha ha.....

Good job on the Polishing, I like the deep colors......

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your blank in middle is insane. UK Stabwood is 100% legit have bought 9 from him recently. I certainly hope the new Bean does not have the 22.5MM ring on it. I never saw he said he polished them? Where did you see that? I still do not feel good if I do not post much for few days. Thank you for well wishes.

Stu, I was not ever exactly sure what 'Mate' meant in UK, I thought it was like 'Bro' in US. You do not start a conversation with 'Bro' either LOL.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It says he oils them where necessary. Which pretty much means never LOL. TBH, all that is really "required" is that you oil them. Sanding is certainly optional. Given the results obtained I would highly recommend it but I can't personally. Oiling every 3 months is kind of mandatory or it may crack. Especially in low ambient humidity. Sanding often yields wonderful results but is not "required. IMO, oiling is in fact required. I would probably recommend Lemmon oil for fine furniture. Do not use that spray crap. If your Mod is poly coated I would optionally recommend synthetic spray wax. Never spray the Mod! Spray it on a real Chamois and apply sparingly to the Mod. I wish I could sand but I am not unhappy. Many of the good ones look stunning as is. Like Manny's new block. If you do sand you took all the oil out and opened the pores. A thick wax is in order then. Work it in and it is not greasy. I just like the Butchers because it is Terp based. It will not wear off anytime soon. It does stink though. Do not huff it LOL.

I wanted a Mod with a Damascus or Mokume faceplate. I do not think Mozaic has that even. It costs a fortune. Given the wood it could be "too much" IE, gaudy. The Bean has a wood faceplate. Which means buttons are mushy instead of tactile click. It also means shall it require repair you likely gouge it. There are people that can do it unscathed. How, I do not know. UK Stabwood gives very good warranty. He is a very good guy. If he has what you want I recommend to buy from him. Since he just wants you to be happy. Even at his own expense. I got a DOA and he dealt with a month for me to ship it back on 14 day return. Without an account I was not going to pay Fedex $112 to ship it back. He was totally cool about it. It says Fedex from him takes 5 business days to me but in fact it takes 4. That has nothing to do with him but I find it(for the price) amazing. His express shipping is only $6 more than standard at $30.50GBP which is very fair. Given Fedex wanted $112 from me, If you have an account the prices are considerably lower. You cannot just sign up for an account. Their is a minimum you must ship, not receive per month.

I am still sick. That is no surprise at my age. I do not mean to bring this down and I kind of doubt that I die from headache. People in my family have all lived to late 90's or early 100's! They were fine to the end too. I am the first person in my family that has a serious illness. It should not kill me "early". However at some point I may go insane. If that happens years down the road as I said just kindly ask me to leave.

Stu, now I have Two questions in to you. I take it "lopped" off Mods you described are considered to be lower end? I have 7 Kodamas. When they do 30% off I cannot resist. Mozaic is awesome but I can't even use FB so not happening for me. Although you can get lovely Mods elsewhere. The Top Hat has since appreciated to my most expensive Mod at $13-$15K. Although I do not even care for it much. That is actually lucky I don't use it. Preserve it's value I guess. Let it hit $20K and we can talk.

Speaking of trees....We have thousands of Box Elder trees. The most premium Mods and hardest to work with. Unfortunately with them comes Box Elder bugs. Every summer we are infiltrated with them. I do not use poison due to animals here. Plus I read they just laugh at poison anyways. Luckily(or not) summer is like 3 months here. In the winter -50F is not unusual here! Even at my age it does not bother me. In fact I enjoy it! No pics like Manny's. It is just a huge flat field lined with huge trees on the sides. My property is literally 1,000+ Football fields. I bought for(Not a joke) $50 an Acre. The house cost to build but this cost nothing like the nice suburbs. For one thing you would be very lucky to get a 1 Acre lot. That lot alone(without any structure) is going to be $2MM! I have money but not nearly enough for what we have in suburbs. Sorry for OT I just started thinking about it with the Box Elder bugs.

That leads me to if unscrupulous or unknowing Modder used a diseased tree, your Mod may one day crumble! I have had it happen with other wood items. Although if Stabilized it may avoid that anyways. Not sure. It is best to buy with return policy in case you do not like it. Although Stabwood UK puts many pics and video of everyone.

I wanted that large DPM I showed but it is too big for me. Heck, probably buy it anyways. You know what I would love Manny? Your DPM I like with just the wood, no resin at all. The resin compliments the wood better than I have ever seen. Although that is very premium wood. I have seen Many DPM and they are like other top Mods. Yours that I like is like nothing I have ever seen. It is just that one though and you have it! I have seen many of his and just are not like that one. You(Manny) seem to have a knack for finding the most supreme Mods. I am not sure why the VA knight I have is $800 though. It is not so great and I would prefer it had a DNA. YIHI is near bulletproof but I prefer Evolv. Even though many have broken. The Knight is just overpriced like all of his IMO. He has a namesake like Gucci for instance. It is no better/nicer than Asmodus IMO and it is mass produced too. It seems the Philippines is the land of Mods. Has been since Mech tubes. Although a good Polish, Russian Whatever Mod is just as nice. Just not as many people making them. It is a cottage industry in the Philippines for whatever reason. Most of them are great at it too. I just wish all high end Mods had a serial # on them. Most actually do not. It does not make it any better. It is just a number but I like to see it. I can rest assured though That JM(Polish) has not made very many Mods at all. He makes furniture so I can only assume he is a master woodworker. As evidenced by his high quality Mods.

I did not mean to say how much I love the ThorII and then be critical of it. It is nice. It is just not a handmade Mod but it could often pass for one. I just did not like how thin the wood/resin is. My only gripe about it. It is 100% machine made which is why it costs less. Well, from China too. Ultroner is very good though. Certainly on par with VA IMO. Ultroner makes all of Asmodus' Mods. Asmodus is just the US distributer. US service is a good plus though. Have to send back overseas is $$$. Although if it is an Evolv board they will fix it. Very reluctantly though and "at your own risk". They do not like to repair Stabwood and/or custom Mods. Since if they wreck it prying it open it is one of a kind and they cannot and will not replace it. I just hope the Mods that do not have screw down faceplates they did not use permanent glue! The Bean does have tiny bits of glue visible but that is by it's very nature. It has a woof faceplate. Which unfortunately makes for mushy buttons. It is also 1x18650. No issue to me I am not going anywhere. Can swap batteries all day. The 75C is just very inefficient. Add to that 1x18650 = 1/2 hour of vaping on a good day. I still like it or I would not have 2 of them. As far as I know both of them are under the first Five he has made. To date he has not even made nearly 100. It is not his main job. Just a small side line he just got into. Obviously he knows how to do it though. The wood is very nice. In fact the second one is similar to Manny's middle block but lighter color? Not sure if anyone agrees as that is one heck of a block. I do like everything I have not complaining. Unlike Manny I only have a handful of rda' as I cannot use them. Although the Crown IV has proven my best tank yet. Works good at 20W and barely leaks. All other tanks I have leak like sieves and can and will ruin expensive wood Mods.

Okay, that's enough LOL. Going to pass out hitting the bed!

vapesmarter

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Modder
It says he oils them where necessary. Which pretty much means never LOL. TBH, all that is really "required" is that you oil them. Sanding is certainly optional. Given the results obtained I would highly recommend it but I can't personally. Oiling every 3 months is kind of mandatory or it may crack. Especially in low ambient humidity. Sanding often yields wonderful results but is not "required. IMO, oiling is in fact required. I would probably recommend Lemmon oil for fine furniture. Do not use that spray crap. If your Mod is poly coated I would optionally recommend synthetic spray wax. Never spray the Mod! Spray it on a real Chamois and apply sparingly to the Mod. I wish I could sand but I am not unhappy. Many of the good ones look stunning as is. Like Manny's new block. If you do sand you took all the oil out and opened the pores. A thick wax is in order then. Work it in and it is not greasy. I just like the Butchers because it is Terp based. It will not wear off anytime soon. It does stink though. Do not huff it LOL.

I wanted a Mod with a Damascus or Mokume faceplate. I do not think Mozaic has that even. It costs a fortune. Given the wood it could be "too much" IE, gaudy. The Bean has a wood faceplate. Which means buttons are mushy instead of tactile click. It also means shall it require repair you likely gouge it. There are people that can do it unscathed. How, I do not know. UK Stabwood gives very good warranty. He is a very good guy. If he has what you want I recommend to buy from him. Since he just wants you to be happy. Even at his own expense. I got a DOA and he dealt with a month for me to ship it back on 14 day return. Without an account I was not going to pay Fedex $112 to ship it back. He was totally cool about it. It says Fedex from him takes 5 business days to me but in fact it takes 4. That has nothing to do with him but I find it(for the price) amazing. His express shipping is only $6 more than standard at $30.50GBP which is very fair. Given Fedex wanted $112 from me, If you have an account the prices are considerably lower. You cannot just sign up for an account. Their is a minimum you must ship, not receive per month.

I am still sick. That is no surprise at my age. I do not mean to bring this down and I kind of doubt that I die from headache. People in my family have all lived to late 90's or early 100's! They were fine to the end too. I am the first person in my family that has a serious illness. It should not kill me "early". However at some point I may go insane. If that happens years down the road as I said just kindly ask me to leave.

Stu, now I have Two questions in to you. I take it "lopped" off Mods you described are considered to be lower end? I have 7 Kodamas. When they do 30% off I cannot resist. Mozaic is awesome but I can't even use FB so not happening for me. Although you can get lovely Mods elsewhere. The Top Hat has since appreciated to my most expensive Mod at $13-$15K. Although I do not even care for it much. That is actually lucky I don't use it. Preserve it's value I guess. Let it hit $20K and we can talk.

Speaking of trees....We have thousands of Box Elder trees. The most premium Mods and hardest to work with. Unfortunately with them comes Box Elder bugs. Every summer we are infiltrated with them. I do not use poison due to animals here. Plus I read they just laugh at poison anyways. Luckily(or not) summer is like 3 months here. In the winter -50F is not unusual here! Even at my age it does not bother me. In fact I enjoy it! No pics like Manny's. It is just a huge flat field lined with huge trees on the sides. My property is literally 1,000+ Football fields. I bought for(Not a joke) $50 an Acre. The house cost to build but this cost nothing like the nice suburbs. For one thing you would be very lucky to get a 1 Acre lot. That lot alone(without any structure) is going to be $2MM! I have money but not nearly enough for what we have in suburbs. Sorry for OT I just started thinking about it with the Box Elder bugs.

That leads me to if unscrupulous or unknowing Modder used a diseased tree, your Mod may one day crumble! I have had it happen with other wood items. Although if Stabilized it may avoid that anyways. Not sure. It is best to buy with return policy in case you do not like it. Although Stabwood UK puts many pics and video of everyone.

I wanted that large DPM I showed but it is too big for me. Heck, probably buy it anyways. You know what I would love Manny? Your DPM I like with just the wood, no resin at all. The resin compliments the wood better than I have ever seen. Although that is very premium wood. I have seen Many DPM and they are like other top Mods. Yours that I like is like nothing I have ever seen. It is just that one though and you have it! I have seen many of his and just are not like that one. You(Manny) seem to have a knack for finding the most supreme Mods. I am not sure why the VA knight I have is $800 though. It is not so great and I would prefer it had a DNA. YIHI is near bulletproof but I prefer Evolv. Even though many have broken. The Knight is just overpriced like all of his IMO. He has a namesake like Gucci for instance. It is no better/nicer than Asmodus IMO and it is mass produced too. It seems the Philippines is the land of Mods. Has been since Mech tubes. Although a good Polish, Russian Whatever Mod is just as nice. Just not as many people making them. It is a cottage industry in the Philippines for whatever reason. Most of them are great at it too. I just wish all high end Mods had a serial # on them. Most actually do not. It does not make it any better. It is just a number but I like to see it. I can rest assured though That JM(Polish) has not made very many Mods at all. He makes furniture so I can only assume he is a master woodworker. As evidenced by his high quality Mods.

I did not mean to say how much I love the ThorII and then be critical of it. It is nice. It is just not a handmade Mod but it could often pass for one. I just did not like how thin the wood/resin is. My only gripe about it. It is 100% machine made which is why it costs less. Well, from China too. Ultroner is very good though. Certainly on par with VA IMO. Ultroner makes all of Asmodus' Mods. Asmodus is just the US distributer. US service is a good plus though. Have to send back overseas is $$$. Although if it is an Evolv board they will fix it. Very reluctantly though and "at your own risk". They do not like to repair Stabwood and/or custom Mods. Since if they wreck it prying it open it is one of a kind and they cannot and will not replace it. I just hope the Mods that do not have screw down faceplates they did not use permanent glue! The Bean does have tiny bits of glue visible but that is by it's very nature. It has a woof faceplate. Which unfortunately makes for mushy buttons. It is also 1x18650. No issue to me I am not going anywhere. Can swap batteries all day. The 75C is just very inefficient. Add to that 1x18650 = 1/2 hour of vaping on a good day. I still like it or I would not have 2 of them. As far as I know both of them are under the first Five he has made. To date he has not even made nearly 100. It is not his main job. Just a small side line he just got into. Obviously he knows how to do it though. The wood is very nice. In fact the second one is similar to Manny's middle block but lighter color? Not sure if anyone agrees as that is one heck of a block. I do like everything I have not complaining. Unlike Manny I only have a handful of rda' as I cannot use them. Although the Crown IV has proven my best tank yet. Works good at 20W and barely leaks. All other tanks I have leak like sieves and can and will ruin expensive wood Mods.

Okay, that's enough LOL. Going to pass out hitting the bed!

on average mainstream manufacturers profit on a say a $100 dollar mod is $20 juice is where the profits are as the bottle it comes in costs more than the juice, so on a fast run mod production lines the overall profit is the key point asmosdus and VA yes they make good mods the people who make the blocks in china poland etc yes they are nice blocks

but I won't use a block from people I don't know I only use my own blocks as this Is down too whats in the block I don't know the resin or the wood by other block suppliers and I won't use rainforest wood they are cutting down one football pitch a minute of rainforest wood and stabwood mods are contributing to that loss

some woods are beautiful like YEW but it's also very poisonous even after treatment, hardwoods cant be stabilized the resin won't go into the hardwood block

so in theory when you a high end $600 dollar mod in your hand you have to ask the question where does the wood the resin come from its a tricky one

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuopmNhl57J/

here is one of my blocks he wanted the block to look like this

sea.jpg

a seascape of a place he loves the wood is pear I should know I planted it replanted and cut the wood down stored dried kilned the wood for the mod, designed and made the base colours in the block and made the block the video is taken from where the tree came from

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I take it you are saying Poland is not as good as Philippines for Mods? Not sure it depends where it is made but the quality of the block? Obviously yours are very nice. I can't get over your pricing. Amazing!

vapesmarter

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Modder
I take it you are saying Poland is not as good as Philippines for Mods? Not sure it depends where it is made but the quality of the block? Obviously yours are very nice. I can't get over your pricing. Amazing!

No the mods are on the same level most are from eBay to Etsy

I’m a purest you could say a snob even imo if you can’t make the block yourself then it’s not all your own work

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Beautiful collection of mods. You must be retired or something lol! I’m disabled so I have lots of time on my hands.

I want to add to my stabwood collection. I just have Asmodus and Yihi stabwoods. Is the Asvape is cheaply made mod? It’s pretty looking and I like the design but I’d rather save my money for a more expensive mod than a cheaply made one.

I don't think you would be happy with the battery life of a single 18650. I have the non stabwood Gabriel which I like, but not as expensive as in the stabwood version , not sure on the quality of wood on the stabwood Gabriel, but the battery life is pretty bad on the non stabwood one.
I have the Asvape Michael in stabwood- it is nice quality in a dual battery regulated mod, but pretty big for my small hands.
The Asvape Lucifer looks like a nice stabwwood, dual battery but is a mech, but has a potentiometer .
I think all of these Asvapes in stabwood would be hard to find for sale- maybe eBay?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your blank in middle is insane. UK Stabwood is 100% legit have bought 9 from him recently. I certainly hope the new Bean does not have the 22.5MM ring on it. I never saw he said he polished them? Where did you see that? I still do not feel good if I do not post much for few days. Thank you for well wishes.

Stu, I was not ever exactly sure what 'Mate' meant in UK, I thought it was like 'Bro' in US. You do not start a conversation with 'Bro' either LOL.
That blank is for my Mozaic is made in Indonesia......

I was reading on Indonesian culture compared to The Phillipines...... Indonesian people are more detailed oriented......
73598d05c59d441f83f23ba5e4a2ab6e.jpg
bb9c4fa8545ad0e3afbb868ef1087c1e.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most Philipino mod makers make their own blocks.... Mozaic Mods start at $700

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no clue if the Polish Gentleman makes his own blocks. It looks pretty darn good to me. Both of them. I am more limited than Manny then what is available to me. I am glad you said that Manny. I feel how can a compliment be racist. Some idiots feel if you say anyone "does this" even if it is a good thing it is automatically racist. In my opinion it is absolutely not. It is like saying Chinese food tastes different than Indian food. I just do not see that as being racist. The hell with people that think it is. Some people are so Anal about that shit.

Single 21700 does me no better than single 18650 so fuck it. 26650 lasts much longer but larger Mod too. The Paranormal is pretty small. I do not understand why they cannot make 2x18650 out of Stabwood that small?

Manny, al of those blocks are very nice. I do agree I too would pick the middle one! Although the one on the end is pretty darn nice too. Get 2? Philippines are expensive. I bought the Polish Mod from a 3rd party but Sterling to USD conversion was under 500 bucks. Mozaic has a name for himself too but a heck of a lot nicer than VA. Would you rather spend your $700 on VA or Mozaic? You do not have to answer that LOL.

It was like knives. Once I got my first custom no looking back. Although some semi custom like William henry or Chris reeve are great too. Plus Wiliam henry has made Million Dollar knives and sold them too. VA is just average IMO.

I had asked about the lopped off pipe on the Kodama. I take it those are lower end construction? I have no clue but guessing it is indeed. Manny, I am proud you sell VA and keep Asmodus! If mass produced at least bring me the good value. Quite frankly Ultroner is the best shit I ever saw come out of China. That is not racist either okay. They are well known for junk of all sorts.

I wonder if that wood button will be mushy. Please tell us when you get it. The Bean is not really mushy just not the hard click of metal. By it's very nature it dampens/softens the click. It is not nearly as hard and heavy as metal. Still fine though. What are the measurements on that with what size battery? The Bean is by no means big but I expected it to be smaller. That looks very small and bet it is not 18650!

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really, it is simply amazing what Vapesmarter is doing for the price. He builds it from start to finish, very nice IMO for peanuts. I do not mean that as an insult. What I mean is given what he is putting into it his pricing is incredible. I honestly have no idea why I have not bought one from him yet!

Like he said though, he is picky. Most Modders do not make their own blocks let alone grow the trees!

I could not say any Stabwood Mod I have is "bad". Just different colors and styles mainly. These are top of the line so I think you would have to go out of your way to find a junk one.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really, it is simply amazing what Vapesmarter is doing for the price. He builds it from start to finish, very nice IMO for peanuts. I do not mean that as an insult. What I mean is given what he is putting into it his pricing is incredible. I honestly have no idea why I have not bought one from him yet!

Like he said though, he is picky. Most Modders do not make their own blocks let alone grow the trees!

I could not say any Stabwood Mod I have is "bad". Just different colors and styles mainly. These are top of the line so I think you would have to go out of your way to find a junk one.
Well my Stabwood's stay mostly at home.... They rarely see daylight.....

This is strange I should be stopping everyone in the street and showing them my woody....... How do you like my woody ? Would you like to hold it ?

Yeah once I receive my Mozaic I'll take good pics and send them to Stu..... That way he can make me an amazing Stu mod..... With that paw on it.....

I already paid the Mozaic modder.... He says it takes about a week to complete the mod ..... And 7 to 10 days to receive it...

I picked that red block.....
bc55c08567b9afb3b9912bc813c653d1.jpg

And he's building me a Java mod 26650 with the Yihi SX 350J V2
0cd5fcb7ff8d9416f321fe8891b10614.jpg
fc9d7b30586f79f951df1ab926b58dc6.jpg

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ThorII is a nice one. Where did you see that? No doubt about it. As far as production Mods it is my favorite one.
The Natakari is obviously nicer. I could get a Natakari evolved. I prefer the Evolv. However the ones I can get are like his rejects or something. Nothing like yours. I will go so far as to say I like your first DPM better than the Mozaic! That fucker is the shit IMO!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ThorII is a nice one. Where did you see that? No doubt about it. As far as production Mods it is my favorite one.
The Natakari is obviously nicer. I could get a Natakari evolved. I prefer the Evolv. However the ones I can get are like his rejects or something. Nothing like yours. I will go so far as to say I like your first DPM better than the Mozaic! That fucker is the shit IMO!
Saw the Thor II at Phoenix Vapors..... It's very nice.....

The Nataraki is a nice mod...... But the Thor is an eye catcher with the colors.

The DPM people told me they are getting a lot of Facebook action since I started posting pictures on Facebook of the Nataraki......
9c764e029a77460a5174c26307ec0da0.jpg
2cf8247afbdbd41ce68c402e31d54cfc.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors