Become a Patron!

I want to see everyone's wood....... (Stabwood, wood, mixed ) Regulated, Mechanical, Wood look alike

vapesmarter

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Modder
What finish is on the Asmodus Minikin V2 Kodama......
9f33231e1a429e36c923c8502bbad3e1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

now that is tricky I would say when I looked at them at expo there not polyester they are also not polyurethane the difference between the 2 is the first will chip the second you can carve but what I do know is they use dyed stab wood i would even say going out on a limb it may not be proper stabwood in cactus juice as that resin you guys perfected. the methods have changed over the last couple of years the mods are not polished to a gloss finish when shipped so its a long block cut slab most likely a fast set acrylic resin the only way to tell for certain is to cut it in half, I've seen resin mods that in fact were a laminated sticker if the resin was a slow set you would get the colours just blurring into a big mush of colour the same if you leave a cappuccino coffee overnight in the end the milk will just sink into the coffee

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
now that is tricky I would say when I looked at them at expo there not polyester they are also not polyurethane the difference between the 2 is the first will chip the second you can carve but what I do know is they use dyed stab wood i would even say going out on a limb it may not be proper stabwood in cactus juice as that resin you guys perfected. the methods have changed over the last couple of years the mods are not polished to a gloss finish when shipped so its a long block cut slab most likely a fast set acrylic resin the only way to tell for certain is to cut it in half, I've seen resin mods that in fact were a laminated sticker if the resin was a slow set you would get the colours just blurring into a big mush of colour the same if you leave a cappuccino coffee overnight in the end the milk will just sink into the coffee
Yeah man this mod was rough......

Look at the top, the entire mod was that color and said blue on the box before I started polishing my ass off......

To get the second picture.....
936c58d0e608b49a08b7407c4b84a5af.jpg
f6c87f4ce3b1ef443683dab271bbb640.jpg

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@fidola13 I used a couple of coats of renaissance wax when I was through sanding, but honestly it was so shiny from the sanding that you really couldn’t tell It was waxed.
Also, Manny is spot on in not covering the metal bits (except if it is plated gold or some such) as the finer grit polishing pads shine up the metal just fine. Just be careful and don’t try sanding the screen! Also always go in one direction, I did top to bottom and back.
Polishing stabwood is absolutely worth the effort! I am excited to see how yours turns out.

Thanks Bob appreciate all the help you guys are giving me!!

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can use a Moto-tool but I would be very careful. They start at about $40 and then $15 or so for the polishing pack you need. I would probably advise against it though. It is too easy to damage it if you are not experienced. I have a pink Thor I am vaping right now! It is nice as is really. Not nearly as nice as Manny's. I can't do it either. I have advanced Parkinson's disease. At least the ThorII is gloss but I got Thor's for $118. ThorII is over $300.

Thanks for the advice. I think I’ll stick to hand polishing for now. I’d probably gouge the wood or something. Sorry to hear about your Parkinson’s. My bil has it as well. Me- I’ve got MS. Some good days some not so good. But that’s life. I don’t really care for the Thor II so happy I found two of the originals.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know MS is hard. I am sorry. vapesmarter I fully agree. If they put heart into it does not matter. In less of course it was absolute junk but I have seen none that were junk. Certainly a custom is nicer than a production. I believe Ultroner is real stabwood because dropped one and piece busted off. So I could look at it. It is not dyed. I have spilled juice all over unfinished ones and it did not run. From the looks of it, it is polyester. I got it very warm buffing and it did not liquify. Acted like polyester.

vapesmarter

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Modder
Yeah man this mod was rough......

Look at the top, the entire mod was that color and said blue on the box before I started polishing my ass off......

To get the second picture.....
936c58d0e608b49a08b7407c4b84a5af.jpg
f6c87f4ce3b1ef443683dab271bbb640.jpg

It depends I see more dyed wood than resin I can be really difficult to tell

This mod you can see the resin overlap the wood but wood is harder than the resin to sand so you get what is known as a break line a small dip in the resin but you also get inclusions in the wood this mod had inclusions the customer wanted them left in but the wood, in fact, covers one side the colours will reflect about 3mm below the surface

IMG_7018.jpg

but if you want something else instead of wood you could get done a feather not airbrushed a real feather from percy the peacock (I'm not kidding here)

IMG_4911.jpg

the methods are similar but the polishing is hard going this was a quick mock up shot as it wasn't ready to go out

vapesmarter

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Modder
I know MS is hard. I am sorry. vapesmarter I fully agree. If they put heart into it does not matter. In less of course it was absolute junk but I have seen none that were junk. Certainly a custom is nicer than a production. I believe Ultroner is real stabwood because dropped one and piece busted off. So I could look at it. It is not dyed. I have spilled juice all over unfinished ones and it did not run. From the looks of it, it is polyester. I got it very warm buffing and it did not liquify. Acted like polyester.

the easiest way to tell is the smell true resin vacuumed stabwood has a resin smell its most odd but distinct

call me stu ;)

ive been here a week and you are all great guys and girls very pleasant to deal with and too talk too

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HI Stu. That was my Fathers name. Well sort of, in English at least. Don't worry I am 81 years old in case you did not know. You have a Peacock? We have 7 of them. We live on a large animal sanctuary. There are over 400 Animals on 6,000 Acres.

The Ultorner stuff is real resin. I can tell without even feeling it. Since you can see it inside too. It also feels different plus there is a line where it meets the wood.

I would honestly buy one of yours. I am just feeling down what I have spent on Mods already. Wait a couple of months please. Oh, I have enough money I am just upset with myself. Vaping 8 years has cost me about $60,000. No kidding. Cigs for 40 years did not cost me nearly that much. I do not even care about cancer at my age. That is exactly what makes this worth it. You do not collect Cigarettes. I have about 100 drip tips maybe 20 stabwood. 40+ stabwood mods and maybe 70 others. Coils, RDTA's, Tanks it all adds up. It is fine I am just laying low a bit. My wife does not care either. Been Married over 60 years after that long it is not like younger people. I just did not want you to think I do not admire yours. I do!

In fact I wish I bought yours last time for 2 reasons. First, very nice. Second I did not pay the $305 for the ThorII but instead $610! Long story. That was unfortunate as I imagine that was more than enough to buy yours. See I did not know about you being here only 1 week :) I appreciate what you do. Are you in America? I did not know many USA made Mods.

Anyways, if you feel real resin with your fingernail and you know what you are looking for you can tell easily that way too.
I could not figure out pictures unfortunately. If you can, would you put a pic of Percy? Would love to see. Hopefully with his plume up!

Oh I have not mentioned this anyways. You can call me by my name, everyone can. It is Tahi. Pronounced "Yay He". I live in the US but I am from Senegal, Africa.

Thanks Stu!

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stu, I have a question for you! You are the right Man to ask I bet. With wood fire buttons, just the natural oil on your fingers makes them lose their grain. They all turn a solid color. Especially if they are very dark. Is there any way to bring back the grain? Sanding there would ruin it. For one thing piece that small may crack. For another metal frame is going to get scratched. Any wax or something?

Hey, do you know "Butchers Bowling Alley" wax? It is awesome wax. It is terp based. For one thing if a Mod was dyed that would certainly wreck it? So I do not believe they are dyed. Although the ThorII has what I believe to be a Polyester coating as we discussed. It is not a high gloss so cannot be a Lucite type acrylic. I imagine they electrostatically apply it. For speed of manufacturing. It sure seems like Polyester to me. I will know if it flakes off!

Anyways, I was hoping you had an idea for the buttons.

Thanks!

Dan Hollis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I’m new to mods, and that Asmodus Pumper is absolutely beautiful...I think I need it in my life. I have some reservations since it is listed as an unregulated mod and I told myself I wouldn’t go that route until I was comfortable and knowledgeable enough on vaping. That being said, I read that it does have some nice safety features not usually found in unregulated.

What to do!?!

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly Dan I would not mess with that unless you thoroughly understand how to use it. The safety features will not stop it from killing you if you don't understand how it works. Yes, I said it will not hesitate to kill you. I would forget that one for now. Those are for advanced users only pretty much. Being honest here.

Dan Hollis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Honestly Dan I would not mess with that unless you thoroughly understand how to use it. The safety features will not stop it from killing you if you don't understand how it works. Yes, I said it will not hesitate to kill you. I would forget that one for now. Those are for advanced users only pretty much. Being honest here.

Appreciate the feedback, and I agree...I will keep walking for a while before running.

Wish more of the regulated mods had such beautiful and unique aesthetics, but since I imagine they are built to sell in loads, I can understand why they are not.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah and VA is mass produced with machines too. A long time ago VA was custom with his 360 watt Mod. Now he got greedy but doing a fine job. Manny, I think you would find a 1/1 ThorII to be similar quality. Even if you do not like the size or battery. I look at the Duke and Knight here and the ThorII is every bit as good. IE, flawless workmanship. I would say the ThorII is 25% better workmanship than Minikin and Thor. Which were already pretty good. Might be why Asmodus does not have it. It might be beyond their pricing scheme. Although maybe only the limited edition of 30 ThorII introduction. When they go full production might get a little sloppy there.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah and VA is mass produced with machines too. A long time ago VA was custom with his 360 watt Mod. Now he got greedy but doing a fine job. Manny, I think you would find a 1/1 ThorII to be similar quality. Even if you do not like the size or battery. I look at the Duke and Knight here and the ThorII is every bit as good. IE, flawless workmanship. I would say the ThorII is 25% better workmanship than Minikin and Thor. Which were already pretty good. Might be why Asmodus does not have it. It might be beyond their pricing scheme. Although maybe only the limited edition of 30 ThorII introduction. When they go full production might get a little sloppy there.
Working on the DPM Nataraki V3 ST SS version ..... She is beautiful and 26650 powered with the SX 350J V2...... And got #011s

I'll have some images in a while..... She's in pieces...... Since I took her apart to wax the interior...... And lube and clean all the threads.....

Have to make sure the wood gets good wax inside since it came from the Philippines and is going to live in dry Arizona weather ......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It depends I see more dyed wood than resin I can be really difficult to tell

This mod you can see the resin overlap the wood but wood is harder than the resin to sand so you get what is known as a break line a small dip in the resin but you also get inclusions in the wood this mod had inclusions the customer wanted them left in but the wood, in fact, covers one side the colours will reflect about 3mm below the surface

View attachment 131921

but if you want something else instead of wood you could get done a feather not airbrushed a real feather from percy the peacock (I'm not kidding here)

View attachment 131922

the methods are similar but the polishing is hard going this was a quick mock up shot as it wasn't ready to go out
On that first mod you show what are the spots that are visible all over the mod..... For some reason I don't find them nice in the wood.......

I want to see the wood with no spots....That's just me......

Like this Kodama.... I see spots in the wood.... They drive me nuts..... I guess it's OCD.... Or PTSD......
107504e1f4f2c9f3fad6851b66ff5c80.jpg

vapesmarter

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Modder
On that first mod you show what are the spots that are visible all over the mod..... For some reason I don't find them nice in the wood.......

I want to see the wood with no spots....That's just me......

Like this Kodama.... I see spots in the wood.... They drive me nuts..... I guess it's OCD.... Or PTSD......
107504e1f4f2c9f3fad6851b66ff5c80.jpg

the spots are natural inclusions sometimes they are left sometimes i backfill them depends on the customer and there wishes resin even under say 1500 pressure the resin wont go into the holes in the wood neither will the stabwood resin fill the tiny air pockets it can be hit or miss

vapesmarter

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Modder
Stu, I have a question for you! You are the right Man to ask I bet. With wood fire buttons, just the natural oil on your fingers makes them lose their grain. They all turn a solid color. Especially if they are very dark. Is there any way to bring back the grain? Sanding there would ruin it. For one thing piece that small may crack. For another metal frame is going to get scratched. Any wax or something?

Hey, do you know "Butchers Bowling Alley" wax? It is awesome wax. It is terp based. For one thing if a Mod was dyed that would certainly wreck it? So I do not believe they are dyed. Although the ThorII has what I believe to be a Polyester coating as we discussed. It is not a high gloss so cannot be a Lucite type acrylic. I imagine they electrostatically apply it. For speed of manufacturing. It sure seems like Polyester to me. I will know if it flakes off!

Anyways, I was hoping you had an idea for the buttons.

Thanks!

I've seen wood buttons used, only way is to sand anything else will just soak up you could do any number of things but it will go into the button, wood will act like a sponge unless is really hard like Ironwood or ebony or yew (which is poisonous) if it was me I would junk the buttons and replace with resin or metal

no not heard of the wax in the uk I use bison wax or fynns there both very fine but you can make your own wax its easy to do application is the key the application is the same as when you polish a car its no different the wax just fills in the microscopic peaks and troughs to make the surface flat

vapesmarter

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Modder
HI Stu. That was my Fathers name. Well sort of, in English at least. Don't worry I am 81 years old in case you did not know. You have a Peacock? We have 7 of them. We live on a large animal sanctuary. There are over 400 Animals on 6,000 Acres.

The Ultorner stuff is real resin. I can tell without even feeling it. Since you can see it inside too. It also feels different plus there is a line where it meets the wood.

I would honestly buy one of yours. I am just feeling down what I have spent on Mods already. Wait a couple of months please. Oh, I have enough money I am just upset with myself. Vaping 8 years has cost me about $60,000. No kidding. Cigs for 40 years did not cost me nearly that much. I do not even care about cancer at my age. That is exactly what makes this worth it. You do not collect Cigarettes. I have about 100 drip tips maybe 20 stabwood. 40+ stabwood mods and maybe 70 others. Coils, RDTA's, Tanks it all adds up. It is fine I am just laying low a bit. My wife does not care either. Been Married over 60 years after that long it is not like younger people. I just did not want you to think I do not admire yours. I do!

In fact I wish I bought yours last time for 2 reasons. First, very nice. Second I did not pay the $305 for the ThorII but instead $610! Long story. That was unfortunate as I imagine that was more than enough to buy yours. See I did not know about you being here only 1 week :) I appreciate what you do. Are you in America? I did not know many USA made Mods.

Anyways, if you feel real resin with your fingernail and you know what you are looking for you can tell easily that way too.
I could not figure out pictures, unfortunately. If you can, would you put a pic of Percy? Would love to see. Hopefully with his plume up!

Oh, I have not mentioned this anyways. You can call me by my name, everyone can. It is Tahi. Pronounced "Yay He". I live in the US but I am from Senegal, Africa.

Thanks Stu!

ouch Tahi, $610 is near to what is known here as a "monkey" or £500 pounds I could only dream of selling my mods at that price

percy was a peacock at customers house we no longer work for him after 10 years Percy was lovely the customer was not

I'm in the UK never been to the USA I would just walk around with my gob open all day long in wonder if I ever did

modmaking in the UK is the most backstabbing business to be in, in fact, "everymans your brother till the rent is due" is pretty apt hence why I'm here the UK is in turmoil it's very depressing here at the moment plus making anything is a dying trade

I do have a video of me pointing at trees and talking rubbish I will put it up soon in my section

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ouch Tahi, $610 is near to what is known here as a "monkey" or £500 pounds I could only dream of selling my mods at that price

percy was a peacock at customers house we no longer work for him after 10 years Percy was lovely the customer was not

I'm in the UK never been to the USA I would just walk around with my gob open all day long in wonder if I ever did

modmaking in the UK is the most backstabbing business to be in, in fact, "everymans your brother till the rent is due" is pretty apt hence why I'm here the UK is in turmoil it's very depressing here at the moment plus making anything is a dying trade

I do have a video of me pointing at trees and talking rubbish I will put it up soon in my section
Yeah I paid a for my last mod.... Philipino DPM Nataraki V3 Stainless Steel Version sx350j V2 with 75w Hybrid Stabwood/acrylic Resin.

It has a beautiful gloss & matt hybrid finish and 26650 battery.

Sent from my Pixel 69 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vapesmarter

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Modder
Yeah I paid a for my last mod.... Philipino DPM Nataraki V3 Stainless Steel Version sx350j V2 with 75w Hybrid Stabwood/acrylic Resin.

It has a beautiful gloss & matt hybrid finish and 26650 battery.

Sent from my Pixel 69 XL using Tapatalk

I've been using the yihi sx485j there cracking boards easy to work with and use I had to make and design my own plates button and mount though

I did make mods using the big sx board though it was huge with a massive 15mm capacitor on the back a hateful thing

over here the power of your mod is like your ego "i want a 4 battery 21700 dna250c squonker" trouble is a mod that size is like a piece of 3 x 2 (inches) ive seen them made and they are crazy size but in saying that I have made big mods 2 was for a marine in Japan he had big hands, in fact, he was big, a cracking chap with a big heart lovely to deal with

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m new to mods, and that Asmodus Pumper is absolutely beautiful...I think I need it in my life. I have some reservations since it is listed as an unregulated mod and I told myself I wouldn’t go that route until I was comfortable and knowledgeable enough on vaping. That being said, I read that it does have some nice safety features not usually found in unregulated.

What to do!?!
It does use a mosfet for basic safety. Check out the Asmodus site to see what those include. I said the same thing abt not using a mech and I still won’t but this isn’t a true mech because of the mosfet.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh well F the buttons, How do you take them apart? No screws. I have no clue. I couldn't anyways but my Great Grandson is good with electronics. He used to build me coils but got tired of it. I have Parkinson's. No, It was like 274GBP. The US post office screwed me and has lost the one I got so I got another. That is how I got past a Monkey. LOL, Monkey. I bet they use that term a lot in the xxxxxx trade over there. You would love Chicago if you don't get shot. Not just you they shoot everyone there. I will tell you IMO it is cooler than London UK. Well I like the Royalty but Chicago is still neater. Just very unsafe now. Never know when you will get "popped".

Manny, I take it you do not actually have PTSD? Which is amazing given what you have seen.

Stu, you kept his feathers? Too bad the guy was a jerk. In US must buy everything online. Store prices for vaping are crazy nuts. I do not see how they even stay in business. I guess all the Military supports them. Odd those folks do not go online too. Only people I ever saw in Vape shops(if anyone) is Army and Navy. BTW, thank you for your service Manny. I bought this Mod IN UK. You are right, he is not selling very much. He does not make them but sell others. The Wattage War was here too but I think it cooled down. A lot of people want 75W Mods now. A 4x 26650 I have seen and do not much care for something that size. I don't get out. So a couple hundred batteries here can just put in another anytime. I find 21700 does not last as long as even 18650 so stupid.

I had asked in another thread to no avail so I will ask Manny. I have charged this 21700 at 3A fine. One time something went wrong. The chargers display looked overheated and battery did not charge. However nothing was even warm. Charger is fine now, been using battery at 2A. Would you discard that battery and charger then. Both working fine but not worth the risk if there is one?

MODERATED DRUG REFERENCE

Last edited by a moderator:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using the yihi sx485j there cracking boards easy to work with and use I had to make and design my own plates button and mount though

I did make mods using the big sx board though it was huge with a massive 15mm capacitor on the back a hateful thing

over here the power of your mod is like your ego "i want a 4 battery 21700 dna250c squonker" trouble is a mod that size is like a piece of 3 x 2 (inches) ive seen them made and they are crazy size but in saying that I have made big mods 2 was for a marine in Japan he had big hands, in fact, he was big, a cracking chap with a big heart lovely to deal with
Love that 485J chip.....all mods I'm buying are Yihi Chips specially the 350J v2 love the simplicity and immediate power......
fdd60953a2a213df7fae5ebf97e6181e.jpg

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the spots are natural inclusions sometimes they are left sometimes i backfill them depends on the customer and there wishes resin even under say 1500 pressure the resin wont go into the holes in the wood neither will the stabwood resin fill the tiny air pockets it can be hit or miss
So the vacuum won't get the imperfections out either...... That sucks.....

and I was thinking they were small bubbles that we're trapped in the resin......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It does use a mosfet for basic safety. Check out the Asmodus site to see what those include. I said the same thing abt not using a mech and I still won’t but this isn’t a true mech because of the mosfet.
Most mechanical nowadays for example Purge mods have fuses (mosfets)...... For protection.....

If the mosfets are low enough they blow easy, so they are safe.....

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Ha ha..... I used to love power.... But now modern power.......

Broscience Vapes DNA 400c .... 4s Lipo and yes 400 watts..... And fits in the palm of your hand.....
daaac7c7b87f2c2d62af02e8d68ebfb1.jpg

vapesmarter

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Modder
Most mechanical nowadays for example Purge mods have fuses (mosfets)...... For protection.....

If the mosfets are low enough they blow easy, so they are safe.....

be careful over here they would string you up a"fet" is a switch not a fuse as it were and you have 2 sorts n and p both work on a gate principal ie the switch closes the flow of electricity if the fet fails the mod is no better than a normal mechanical against a hard short

there are pages and proper slanging matches on fets on the uk forums I put my tin hat on when entering

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
be careful over here they would string you up a"fet" is a switch not a fuse as it were and you have 2 sorts n and p both work on a gate principal ie the switch closes the flow of electricity if the fet fails the mod is no better than a normal mechanical against a hard short

there are pages and proper slanging matches on fets on the uk forums I put my tin hat on when entering
Yeah and hard shorts ain't fun.... It's like putting the batteries the wrong way in a series.... Yeah buddy 4th of July action.....

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Manny, that is a cool, unique Mod. It is more like 1/4 Stabwood and 3/4 exotic Rootwood. Perhaps Flame Maple? Maybe not. I do not know every exotic species of wood. There are over 15,000 but some are protected and/or endangered. I doubt that is. I saw some DPM and it was so/so. Then I saw his Facebook where you got that. WoW. is all I can say. I ordered one but no way as nice as yours. If you do not mind my asking, I think you mentioned that cost more than a "Monkey"? That is obviously nicer than Ultroner. I am sure workmanship is at least as good but that is super fancy. I take it you do not wear a suit often but that is like for some Guy on Wall Street! That is like what fine Cigars are all about. Yes, you can buy a $100,000 Cigar. That looks like it should be in the Smithsonian! If I had that, I would cherish it by not using it very often. Why bang it up? I know you will treat it good. I would not sand that one. Too precious. Plus it does not look like it needs sanding. He probably already did! Man that takes the cake. I got a DPM but by no means like that. I probably paid nearly as much too. 376GBP. Shot me. Should have seen his Facebook first. He has a lot of nice stuff but admittedly that was the nicest one. I did Ultroner can bring it but DPM can REALLY bring it!

Hey Manny, can you please address that battery/charger issue I posted up page? Last thing I want to die "young" LOL. Still, it would be ironic to die of explosion at 81. I do not know if that is okay or not. Both have worked fine many cycles since than but why tempt fate? If it is even an issue.

I feel like a Pauper now with my ThorII and you have that. Maybe I order one of his nicer ones but that was already the nicest one IMO. I do not have any Ultem. Don't even know what it is. You are way ahead of me already. I do like yours very much though, Stu! I know now it is not a Monkey so I could certainly get one sometime. Manny, you said VA was best workmanship. What about DPM LOL? That is from another planet! I would say though the ThorII limited introduction 0f 30 was as good as VA. Do not know about their mass production ones. Meanwhile cannot hold a candle to that DPM IMO.

Okay that is the most compliments ever. Almost A55 kissing LOL. You deserve it though and certainly DPM for making it in the first place. Good job man, I mean you Manny well DPM too HAHA.

That is the shizelshiznit! Very jealous now!

Stu no offense. Yours are awesome too but you got to hand it to that, right? Your workmanship is 100% but that is just so stinking beautiful. Seriously do not mean to deflate you Stu yours are honestly lovely too. If I could not get one exactly like that which he does not have I would get yours Stu. Although I am not ordering anything at the moment. Manny is stepping up his game! I will say Stu's are nicest in UK and certainly awesome anywhere in the world. At least I do not spend over a Monkey on it! Both the bomb honestly. Okay I just said bomb so probably DHLS is looking at me now. Not that kind of bomb you know a euphemism. Although I very well may currently be vaping a bomb if Manny does not address my question!

Hats off to Stu and Manny! Feather is very nice touch too. I really like that. Peacocks one of the animals mean a lot to me. I never, ever pluck"rip" them but they feathers fall off. Very pretty indeed. Not exactly a Crow feather! Manny, you have out done me this time.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Manny, that is a cool, unique Mod. It is more like 1/4 Stabwood and 3/4 exotic Rootwood. Perhaps Flame Maple? Maybe not. I do not know every exotic species of wood. There are over 15,000 but some are protected and/or endangered. I doubt that is. I saw some DPM and it was so/so. Then I saw his Facebook where you got that. WoW. is all I can say. I ordered one but no way as nice as yours. If you do not mind my asking, I think you mentioned that cost more than a "Monkey"? That is obviously nicer than Ultroner. I am sure workmanship is at least as good but that is super fancy. I take it you do not wear a suit often but that is like for some Guy on Wall Street! That is like what fine Cigars are all about. Yes, you can buy a $100,000 Cigar. That looks like it should be in the Smithsonian! If I had that, I would cherish it by not using it very often. Why bang it up? I know you will treat it good. I would not sand that one. Too precious. Plus it does not look like it needs sanding. He probably already did! Man that takes the cake. I got a DPM but by no means like that. I probably paid nearly as much too. 376GBP. Shot me. Should have seen his Facebook first. He has a lot of nice stuff but admittedly that was the nicest one. I did Ultroner can bring it but DPM can REALLY bring it!

Hey Manny, can you please address that battery/charger issue I posted up page? Last thing I want to die "young" LOL. Still, it would be ironic to die of explosion at 81. I do not know if that is okay or not. Both have worked fine many cycles since than but why tempt fate? If it is even an issue.

I feel like a Pauper now with my ThorII and you have that. Maybe I order one of his nicer ones but that was already the nicest one IMO. I do not have any Ultem. Don't even know what it is. You are way ahead of me already. I do like yours very much though, Stu! I know now it is not a Monkey so I could certainly get one sometime. Manny, you said VA was best workmanship. What about DPM LOL? That is from another planet! I would say though the ThorII limited introduction 0f 30 was as good as VA. Do not know about their mass production ones. Meanwhile cannot hold a candle to that DPM IMO.

Okay that is the most compliments ever. Almost A55 kissing LOL. You deserve it though and certainly DPM for making it in the first place. Good job man, I mean you Manny well DPM too HAHA.

That is the shizelshiznit! Very jealous now!

Stu no offense. Yours are awesome too but you got to hand it to that, right? Your workmanship is 100% but that is just so stinking beautiful. Seriously do not mean to deflate you Stu yours are honestly lovely too. If I could not get one exactly like that which he does not have I would get yours Stu. Although I am not ordering anything at the moment. Manny is stepping up his game! I will say Stu's are nicest in UK and certainly awesome anywhere in the world. At least I do not spend over a Monkey on it! Both the bomb honestly. Okay I just said bomb so probably DHLS is looking at me now. Not that kind of bomb you know a euphemism. Although I very well may currently be vaping a bomb if Manny does not address my question!

Hats off to Stu and Manny! Feather is very nice touch too. I really like that. Peacocks one of the animals mean a lot to me. I never, ever pluck"rip" them but they feathers fall off. Very pretty indeed. Not exactly a Crow feather! Manny, you have out done me this time.
Yeah a monkey is 500 pounds per British slang ..... The total was $650 including shipping.......

The type of wood I have no Idea maybe a wood master here can tell (STU).... I'm not here to out do anyone, I just like nice things that pop..

I never go looking to buy, I go to browse and read and look for a specific feel..... On the DPI I liked the combination of colors and hidden colors and the way they mix..... I was concerned with the green but mixes good with the orange.......

VA looks like they throw in colors and move them around with a stick.....DPI looks like art work..... It is a nice looking mod.....

The wood packaging is beautiful the box weighs over a pound......

The build quality is simply VA quality, the wood is excellent, no gaps anywhere to be seen.....

The colors are beautiful not like VA colors, VA colors are like manipulated to give colors and mixed with aluminum to give them brightness, they don't look real.....

The DPM colors are like soft pastels, like found on exotic furniture very soft and neutral.... And it's simply pleasant and beautiful to look at.....

The charger issue I have never ever charged above the recommended by the charger .68 amps to maybe 1.0 amps.....

I rather have batteries that are balanced, I use them to 10% life and charge full..... Never use a lithium to 50 or 60% and charge full ......

3 amps is taking a high-risk at an explosion (malfunction) of charger or batteries ....... I never charge batteries unattended or in my sleep.... I unplug the charger before I leave the house too.....

a70b055f1a87ee3117d3132017d11160.jpg
a336bf43da4cd00c8fbb8b58fbdb9296.jpg

Compare the two.....
3a6fa60c19b644e56c92c124d8878dc8.jpg

Last edited:

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Yeah a monkey is 500 pounds per British slang ..... The total was $650 including shipping.......

The type of wood I have no Idea maybe a wood master here can tell (STU).... I'm not here to out do anyone, I just like nice things that pop..

I never go looking to buy, I go to browse and read and look for a specific feel..... On the DPI I liked the combination of colors and hidden colors and the way they mix..... I was concerned with the green but mixes good with the orange.......

VA looks like they throw in colors and move them around with a stick.....DPI looks like art work..... It is a nice looking mod.....

The build quality is simply VA quality, the wood is excellent, no gaps anywhere to be seen.....

The colors are beautiful not like VA colors, VA colors are like manipulated to give colors and mixed with aluminum to give them brightness, they don't look real.....

The DPM colors are like soft pastels, like found on exotic furniture very soft and neutral.... And it's simply pleasant and beautiful to look at.....

The charger issue I have never ever charged above the recommended by the charger .68 amps to maybe 1.0 amps.....

I rather have batteries that are balanced, I use them to 10% life and charge full..... Never use a lithium to 50 or 60% and charge full ......

3 amps is taking a high-risk at an explosion (malfunction) of charger or batteries ....... I never charge batteries unattended or in my sleep.... I unplug the charger before I leave the house too.....

Compare the two.....

Scoot scoot scoot, it’s MannyScoot!

What a work of art. Wouldn’t be out of place in a museum.

Sent from Imperial Star Destroyer Executor

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Scoot scoot scoot, it’s MannyScoot!

What a work of art. Wouldn’t be out of place in a museum.

Sent from Imperial Star Destroyer Executor
Naaah common your pushing it to a next level..... It's a nice pick up.....

I spend a long time looking to find a beautiful thing......

That's why I'm single

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man I have been polishing my Nataraki V3 for (2) days.... Using 6k 8k 12k grit....

And she was beautiful when she arrived, but the lines, colors, dimensions get deeper and deeper with high grit...... There are zero scratches and the feel is like glass.

Today I was asked is it covered in acrylic..... It really feels like glass.....

It's amazing how that polishing works.....

It's magical....
7f48dba6118b124bf96fa3707b312e22.jpg

vapesmarter

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Modder

Compare the two.....

the wood on most mods in the far east is dyed wood different dyes are used so any wood can be used that will take the dye but hardwoods like oak or teak cant be used its too hard not porous enough for the die to soak inits the same as in furniture you have an oak table once you sand off the top lathers you go back to bare wood as the dye cant soak in, but you also cant use resin wood like pine, spruce etc due to the resin when you cook the wood to cure the resin, the wood has been soaked it. it liquifies the resin so it just boils on the wood plus the resin contains water which also counteracts with the resin you have just soaked it in.......follow ;O)

vapesmarter

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Modder
so let's be different this is "Corey" Corey was his dog its a stabwood mod nice colours ? but they also change

these are his words, not mine

"When I unboxed him this morning, the black resin was black, jet black. Had a very slight undertone of silver with a slight fleck of bronze but was extremely black. As the day has gone on and the light has faded, turning on lights in house, it appears to have changed. Now the black is far less prominent and the silver/grey/bronze has popped through and it looks just amazing, the black has faded into a background colour and the silver is now prominent with a brown/bronze tinge to it. Stu seems to have made a mod that changes throughout the day! I must ask... Stu... Are you a wizard?"

alfIMG_6376.jpg

alfIMG_6377.jpg

the colours do and will move about as they reflect through to the surface not on the surface the resin is just a carrier for the colours

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the wood on most mods in the far east is dyed wood different dyes are used so any wood can be used that will take the dye but hardwoods like oak or teak cant be used its too hard not porous enough for the die to soak inits the same as in furniture you have an oak table once you sand off the top lathers you go back to bare wood as the dye cant soak in, but you also cant use resin wood like pine, spruce etc due to the resin when you cook the wood to cure the resin, the wood has been soaked it. it liquifies the resin so it just boils on the wood plus the resin contains water which also counteracts with the resin you have just soaked it in.......follow ;O)
It makes sense, here I have seen good wood workers that use that cactus resin and make pens and knife handles...... And it's dirty work and colors and combinations and vacuum to suck the air out..... And cutting and sanding....

It's not easy work..... So when someone says I'll let you have it for $500 or $850

I know the work that has gone into the damb thing..... I also know how hard it is by hand to get a mod to look like glass........

What kind of wood do you think they used in the Philippines to make this Nataraki ?
ad4b1aa48fa3754ed2826ad2d35a16aa.jpg
0a720e631e7d550bdeea59fc8ea086f4.jpg
76922e5023890d79c7b7006428745f17.jpg

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so let's be different this is "Corey" Corey was his dog its a stabwood mod nice colours ? but they also change

these are his words, not mine

"When I unboxed him this morning, the black resin was black, jet black. Had a very slight undertone of silver with a slight fleck of bronze but was extremely black. As the day has gone on and the light has faded, turning on lights in house, it appears to have changed. Now the black is far less prominent and the silver/grey/bronze has popped through and it looks just amazing, the black has faded into a background colour and the silver is now prominent with a brown/bronze tinge to it. Stu seems to have made a mod that changes throughout the day! I must ask... Stu... Are you a wizard?"

View attachment 132163

View attachment 132164

the colours do and will move about as they reflect through to the surface not on the surface the resin is just a carrier for the colours
Yeah I have difficulty photographing it with my phone, depending on the temperature of the light it gives colors and the die changes too....

A mod can look different according to the light.....

This was the best light I got today ..
Cloudy day with indirect afternoon light...... There is no Photoshop or touching up.... What you see is what the camera captured..... And damn close to what I saw with my eyes.....

I can tell by looking at my skin tone if it's properly lit........
41ec9b7fb8b9ead90c99828b948aa093.jpg

vapesmarter

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Modder
It makes sense, here I have seen good wood workers that use that cactus resin and make pens and knife handles...... And it's dirty work and colors and combinations and vacuum to suck the air out..... And cutting and sanding....

It's not easy work..... So when someone says I'll let you have it for $500 or $850

I know the work that has gone into the damb thing..... I also know how hard it is by hand to get a mod to look like glass........

What kind of wood do you think they used in the Philippines to make this Nataraki ?
7080f04f9063aae2e78406b5ca02cf3d.jpg
ad4b1aa48fa3754ed2826ad2d35a16aa.jpg
0a720e631e7d550bdeea59fc8ea086f4.jpg
76922e5023890d79c7b7006428745f17.jpg

i would say that would be a semi hardwood with an orange and green dye in it the colours are a fast setting resin poured there are most likely about 5 colours in total in the resin it was under a vacuum its a slab cast so the block is cut from a large one like a plank of wood somewhere is the brother of that mod aka the piece next to it

VU Sponsors