Become a Patron!

I want to see everyone's wood....... (Stabwood, wood, mixed ) Regulated, Mechanical, Wood look alike

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is gorgeous!!!! Ok so EXACTLY how do I go about it. I received the micro mesh in the mail today. So tomorrow as I’m watching movies and hockey I use xxxxxx grade pad and “sand” for how long? How will I know when it’s enough for that level?

Also, when “sanding” how much pressure should be applied and is there a particular direction I should be sanding in or a circular motion? And am I dry sanding or wet? I’m going to assume dry but just want to confirm.

You know what I mean? I want ALL the details of how to do it.

Really appreciate the help from you guys. I’ve got some beautiful wood that’s just waiting to shine through the somewhat dull finish. And if I can get my stabwood mods to look half as good as yours then it’ll be worth the time and effort.

Thanks again :banana: !!
Day 1 and 2 start with.... 2400
Day 3 4 and 5 with...... 3600
Day 6 and 7 with 6000

and the last week with 12000......This will be what makes the wood glass finish..... It takes patience..... Buff and buff..... and buff until you notice it won't shine anymore........Then you can start adding The Renaissance

You should spend about 40 hours.... Total

Once you start meshing you will realize the change with that specific sand paper...... And do it 10 minutes here 20 minutes there....baby steps....

You will be dry sanding... And go with light medium pressure..... Too much pressure will damage the pads.....

Follow these steps and you cannot ruin the mod..... Wood is tough and those small pads cannot ruin the wood...... A sanding machine is what can damage the Stabwood...... That's why they look pretty all by hand and with care ....

It's time and small buffing here and there..... That's what makes them look pretty......

The longer you spend in every stage of the sanding process the nicer they look...

Last edited:

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Day 1 and 2 start with.... 2400
Day 3 4 and 5 with...... 3600
Day 6 and 7 with 6000

and the last week with 12000......This will be what makes the wood glass finish..... It takes patience..... Buff and buff..... and buff until you notice it won't shine anymore........Then you can start adding The Renaissance

You should spend about 40 hours.... Total

Once you start meshing you will realize the change with that specific sand paper...... And do it 10 minutes here 20 minutes there....baby steps....

You will be dry sanding... And go with light medium pressure..... Too much pressure will damage the pads.....

Follow these steps and you cannot ruin the mod..... Wood is tough and those small pads cannot ruin the wood...... A sanding machine is what can damage the Stabwood...... That's why they look pretty all by hand and with care ....

It's time and small buffing here and there..... That's what makes them look pretty......

The longer you spend in every stage of the sanding process the nicer they look...

Manny thanks for sharing all your knowledge! I can’t wait to get started tomorrow!!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Manny should I be using masking tape to cover the resin and front plate? Thanks sara
If you are messy and with 2,000 and ,4,000 light scratches might occur....

But if you are a wild woman taping the metal is a good idea..... When I sand I never contact metal.....

Just take your time and don't sand like a wild neaderthal.....

Sand everything..... The resin is what's going to help smoothen the surface, give it hardness and make the wood shine.....

Last edited:

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are messy and with 2,000 and ,4,000 light scratches might occur....

But if you are a wild woman taping the metal is a good idea..... When I sand I never contact metal.....

Just take your time and don't sand like a wild neaderthal.....

Sand everything..... The resin is what's going to help smoothen the surface, give it hardness and make the wood shine.....

Ok I’m kinda of a wild woman lol! So I’ll tape the faceplate. Thank again!

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had 2 hours with nothing to do.....

So 30 minutes with 8000 and another hour with 12,000 and (2) coats of Renaissance micro crystalline.......

Hand polishing with an old T-shirt.....
6cb464b8eb207339b5c01374e351f8b5.jpg
505753ceffa18c6c834078e1ca9f9808.jpg

The wood definitely got darker..... And looking crispier.......

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Manny knows his wood :)

I am glad Y'all were cool about no pics. I cannot figure it out. I do honestly have about 40 high end stabwood Mods now.
I need to lay off purchases online though. Not just Mods. Makes it to easy. I am spending my retirement. Seriously, I have plenty so don't worry but enough is enough. $300-several grand Mods adds up. No doubt.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Manny knows his wood :)

I am glad Y'all were cool about no pics. I cannot figure it out. I do honestly have about 40 high end stabwood Mods now.
I need to lay off purchases online though. Not just Mods. Makes it to easy. I am spending my retirement. Seriously, I have plenty so don't worry but enough is enough. $300-several grand Mods adds up. No doubt.
I don't have many that's why I maintain them......

This Vapedroid X1C2 is Ultem and made in Germany and a single 26650 cell ..... That's why I got it.... Manufactured and engineered in Germany..... And DNA 75c

Now Vapedroid was sold to a Chinese Company and now known as Sbody.......

So I bought a German mod that only 200 examples we're made before the company closed.......

So I take care of my plastic mod..... And my (3) Woodies.....

Well I take care of all my stuff.......
5f2e53998b866497870ca52691e6fca1.jpg
7788c3e34e0715f3f954ac6dd208f055.jpg
3306ccf04ecadbb3936d40e7b580584f.jpg

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to say Stabwood is some tough stuff. Much tougher than plastic. I abuse the poop out of some of them. Kind of dull looking, one lost pigment. Can always sand it right back. It was a "living" thing so it is God's natural or semi natural goodness. Do not be afraid of your investment. It can take it all. For the record regarding other thread I swear on bible, Rhonda that is not what happened to the tip! If it was I would be honest. I am a very Honest person if you take my word for it. Anyhow, Stabwood is the best investment IMO. Will be around long after I am gone. Although maybe that is not saying much at 81 LOL. You get what I mean though. therefore I doubt that is a crack I see in photo or at least hope not. #IluvStab

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What kind of finish does the SL Class have? It’s very shiny and seems like some type of hard “acrylic”. Obviously I know nothing about wood finishes so I’m probably using incorrect terminology.

I did start with the micro mesh on my V2. My hand already is tired :giggle: !! It looks like it’s making it duller. :eek:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to say Stabwood is some tough stuff. Much tougher than plastic. I abuse the poop out of some of them. Kind of dull looking, one lost pigment. Can always sand it right back. It was a "living" thing so it is God's natural or semi natural goodness. Do not be afraid of your investment. It can take it all. For the record regarding other thread I swear on bible, Rhonda that is not what happened to the tip! If it was I would be honest. I am a very Honest person if you take my word for it. Anyhow, Stabwood is the best investment IMO. Will be around long after I am gone. Although maybe that is not saying much at 81 LOL. You get what I mean though. therefore I doubt that is a crack I see in photo or at least hope not. #IluvStab
Those little cracks if it's Stabwood and there is Resin Involved..... That resin goes inside......

That means it's sealed...... A crack here and there adds personality as long as it doesn't grow and get larger.

You know how we hate large cracks.....

Look at the cracks and you can see how there is resin in between where the cracks and small holes are.....

It's wood..... A small crack or a small knot or hole makes the wood look like wood.......
fb98058f85e43f6da7fd9e784923aeed.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What kind of finish does the SL Class have? It’s very shiny and seems like some type of hard “acrylic”. Obviously I know nothing about wood finishes so I’m probably using incorrect terminology.

I did start with the micro mesh on my V2. My hand already is tired :giggle: !! It looks like it’s making it duller. :eek:
The more the resin in the wood and the more the polishing the smoother is the wood.....

Keep doing what I told you and your mod will reach that SL finish..........

it takes time and steps......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You will notice that the ridges will start to disappear...... Look at it at the different spots Sara.... Some areas might need more sanding to smoothen the wood.

Keep running your fingers over the wood..... Feeling humps and ridges..... Feel the wood grasshopper...

It takes effort, I mean your fingers will hurt specially if you are not used to hard labor.....

Wood work is hard...... And takes patience......

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't forget that the SL from Yihi is a tube mod......

So they take the Stabwood tube put it on a rotator and turn it..... It spins at high speed and they finish the exterior either dry or wet ..... And they can do 10 or more at a time.

Polishing in a circle at high RPM....... That's why it's so smooth...

Now you are doing the same by hand....no machines...... What takes a machine 5-10 minutes takes you 30 hours......
1a72940cb0c4a9d677f7515aafd98c5d.jpg

Last edited:

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
53A92484-FDA9-4AD4-BE48-482DDC51F876.jpeg I’m just now starting to see the magic especially when I hold it at an angle to the light.

Unfortunately I don’t have the renaissance wax yet. Supposed to be delivered Wednesday but that’s probably just as well since it’ll keep me from going too quickly.

If I’m your grasshopper does that make you my Master Po :slowclap: Lol!!!

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
D9AF3ED6-6D05-4DE1-BC25-913874AE1C45.jpeg
Don't forget that the SL from Yihi is a tube mod......

So they take the Stabwood tube put it on a rotator and turn it..... It spins at high speed and they finish the exterior either dry or wet ..... And they can do 10 or more at a time.

Polishing in a circle at high RPM....... That's why it's so smooth...

Now you ate doing the same by hand....no machines...... What takes a machine 5-10 minutes takes you 30 hours......
1a72940cb0c4a9d677f7515aafd98c5d.jpg
Love that blue! Kinda wish I had gotten that instead of the green. Maybe if I can find one on sale :rolleyes: !!

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ThorII arrived from UK in 4 days! It is beautiful. Already completely polished since it is covered in acrylic. Yes, it is a gloss finish. I prefer that. no work on my part plus more impervious to juice damage. Manny, You would not sand a Mod with an acrylic finish would you? I think that might mess it up bad. No reason to unless you want matt finish I suppose. BTW, it is not cracked! Hooray! I have a Minikin Boost Kodama that came with big stress cracks. That I gather was not normal but it was my first one and I did not know beter than. since I got a huge deal on it I bit. Probably the deal because it was cracked in retrospect! Anyhow, I freaking love the ThorII. Someone said in this thread they did not like it. See it in person. It looks like Manny's Mod's with no work! I am not going to go sanding this, Manny?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
The ThorII arrived from UK in 4 days! It is beautiful. Already completely polished since it is covered in acrylic. Yes, it is a gloss finish. I prefer that. no work on my part plus more impervious to juice damage. Manny, You would not sand a Mod with an acrylic finish would you? I think that might mess it up bad. No reason to unless you want matt finish I suppose. BTW, it is not cracked! Hooray! I have a Minikin Boost Kodama that came with big stress cracks. That I gather was not normal but it was my first one and I did not know beter than. since I got a huge deal on it I bit. Probably the deal because it was cracked in retrospect! Anyhow, I freaking love the ThorII. Someone said in this thread they did not like it. See it in person. It looks like Manny's Mod's with no work! I am not going to go sanding this, Manny?

Yippee- you love the Thor II- wasn't me that said they didn't like it, I think it looks like a great mod- LOL
If you like how the finish is, leave it alone!
My Thor is shinier than my other stabwoods- I don't believe it is acrylic on it, its polished.
Congrats- glad you love the Thor II
:vapemail:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You will eventually get small scratches on the acrylic finish and will have to use a super high 12,000 just to erase the scratches as long as they are not into the material.....surface scratches

But as mentioned above, some finished Stabwood has been hit by such high quality mesh like 12,000 that it might feel like acrylic..... Similar to the finish of a Yihi SL.....

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That actually looks like the acrylic finishes. I doubt they spent 40 hours sanding it. Unless machine. I am pretty sure that is acrylic though because there are no natural imperfections in the wood. It is all filled in. I actually prefer it. Depending on how hard of a finish they used may not scratch that easily. Hopefully. I see your cracks. Now I realize that first Mod was in fact not bad. Just natural cracks. Happened in corners where meets metal so just looks worse than it is. As always, Thank you Manny!

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone know why almost all high end Stabwood mods are DNA75C and not DNA250C?
50W is plenty but I just figured the best Mods would have the fanciest chip.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone know why almost all high end Stabwood mods are DNA75C and not DNA250C?
50W is plenty but I just figured the best Mods would have the fanciest chip.
Common man..... A DNA 250c requires power !

I have a DNA 250c with a 4s Lipo that pushes 400 watts.......

Dual batteries are a must.....

With a DNA 75c..... A single battery can push that without massive amp draw......

925c0845153ecc3e0fe80f0888ea7b60.jpg

And to be honest I have doubt that mods that promise 200, 220, 230 watts on dual 18650, 20700, 21700 is nearly impossible.......

I have seen test made by several including Mooch and the maximal energy by (2) dual 18650 is around 167 watts safely ....... You can do it on a series mod at 8.4 volts......

But you are pulling some dangerous amp rates on the cells at 8.4V ........ Specially on Subohm builds.

Last edited:

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Congratulations! I was the one who said I wasn’t too crazy about the form of the Thor II because of the battery compartment but it sounds like it’s got a fantastic finish!! Enjoy it!!!

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pardon my stupidity. How do you get replay on it? Also where is the theme that lets you do everything on the Mod even punch? I do not know where to find these things. If you know this I am sure you know the 75C can be setup for 90W.

The ThorII is much more complex to build than the Thor. It is flawless. I think I have said this 10 times but here goes LoL. China can produce as good or better goods than any country. The sad issue we see with China is American companies going with the lowest bidder. No doubt the Chinese are also innovative. Some Mods may be made in Garment factories there for instance. When an actual Chinese company sets out to build the best they most certainly can achieve just that. In fact the very finest CNC machines ETC. reside in china and nowhere else.

They have actual Rolex machines that make real Rolex. That is very bad news however. If they make heritage watches nothing wrong with that but the Chinese are also known forgers. Again, at the behest of American companies. It is really America driving this diverse culture. I like to stick with real Chinese companies not influenced by America. There are many very wealthy Chinese folks. Since $300USD is a fortune there. Sadly often factory workers are paid well below poverty. However I have seen video of YIHI factory for instance and I would not hesitate to eat off their floors. It is state of the art and squeaky clean. I would gather Ultroner is the same way. All Asmodus products are made by Ultroner. It is top of the line anywhere.

The ThorII battery screw on is much better threaded than the Thor which was already fine until I got this one. They improve their products too and go for more cutting edge designs. I wanted the Jm Bean Box but too expensive for not well known name. Plus I am sure buttons are mushy because I have mods like that. although I bet it is more comfortable in the hand. Although the ThorII is very nice to hold as well is the Thor.

I do prefer the one battery. It is not larger than the Paranormal. That box is large Manny but not nearly as large as some 4x LIPO I have seen. 4X 18650 is absolutely stupid IMHO.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pardon my stupidity. How do you get replay on it? Also where is the theme that lets you do everything on the Mod even punch? I do not know where to find these things. If you know this I am sure you know the 75C can be setup for 90W.

The ThorII is much more complex to build than the Thor. It is flawless. I think I have said this 10 times but here goes LoL. China can produce as good or better goods than any country. The sad issue we see with China is American companies going with the lowest bidder. No doubt the Chinese are also innovative. Some Mods may be made in Garment factories there for instance. When an actual Chinese company sets out to build the best they most certainly can achieve just that. In fact the very finest CNC machines ETC. reside in china and nowhere else.

They have actual Rolex machines that make real Rolex. That is very bad news however. If they make heritage watches nothing wrong with that but the Chinese are also known forgers. Again, at the behest of American companies. It is really America driving this diverse culture. I like to stick with real Chinese companies not influenced by America. There are many very wealthy Chinese folks. Since $300USD is a fortune there. Sadly often factory workers are paid well below poverty. However I have seen video of YIHI factory for instance and I would not hesitate to eat off their floors. It is state of the art and squeaky clean. I would gather Ultroner is the same way. All Asmodus products are made by Ultroner. It is top of the line anywhere.

The ThorII battery screw on is much better threaded than the Thor which was already fine until I got this one. They improve their products too and go for more cutting edge designs. I wanted the Jm Bean Box but too expensive for not well known name. Plus I am sure buttons are mushy because I have mods like that. although I bet it is more comfortable in the hand. Although the ThorII is very nice to hold as well is the Thor.

I do prefer the one battery. It is not larger than the Paranormal. That box is large Manny but not nearly as large as some 4x LIPO I have seen. 4X 18650 is absolutely stupid IMHO.
I think you have to log into Escribe and upload replay yourself.........

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yeah I have them in all sizes....
92b513d0a73e35102fb7f2eeca2d3cfe.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You XXL Bruh!

I needed to know. If I upload escribe firmware will I lose the ThorII screen?
No as soon as you plug your mod the settings on your mod will be uploaded to Escribe....

Once in you have to look for the temperature settings......

I would do a DNA 75c tutorial on YouTube..... Djslvapes is the best......

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well my luck. The ThorII has a bad board. Amazingly Evolv's fault not Ultroner. Luckily Asmodus has a guy that can open the faceplates without harming the Mod. Will have to be without it though. No issue I have many others. I have to press buttons 50 times before it registers.

Thor has a very good click. Metal ring around button. Then behind it metal piece to contact button on board. I am not sure but doubt JM has a button nearly as good. You know I am jonesing for it though. Stabwood Mods UK is great. Got it here in 4 days. They have a nice selection. Check them out. Luckily Warranty is handled by Asmodus even though they do not have it for sale yet. For others little lower price and their 30% off sales. I could not wait to have it. It is honestly flawless machining. I am sure they machine buffed it. Which is fine if you know how. If not do not touch that. You will just have saw dust left. Plus JM has wood plate glued on. If it ever needs a new board I doubt they can get to it without damaging it. I do want it but enough is enough already.

I bought a Stabwood tip that matches it. The seller, Rhonda at Angels Heavenly Designs is second to none. She went way out of her way to make me happy. Long story but I would not buy tips anywhere else now. She won customer for life. Just in case anyone did not read tip thread. I cannot say enough good things about her. It is nice when a few good people exist and everyone in this thread. This is the best thread ever!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well my luck. The ThorII has a bad board. Amazingly Evolv's fault not Ultroner. Luckily Asmodus has a guy that can open the faceplates without harming the Mod. Will have to be without it though. No issue I have many others. I have to press buttons 50 times before it registers.

Thor has a very good click. Metal ring around button. Then behind it metal piece to contact button on board. I am not sure but doubt JM has a button nearly as good. You know I am jonesing for it though. Stabwood Mods UK is great. Got it here in 4 days. They have a nice selection. Check them out. Luckily Warranty is handled by Asmodus even though they do not have it for sale yet. For others little lower price and their 30% off sales. I could not wait to have it. It is honestly flawless machining. I am sure they machine buffed it. Which is fine if you know how. If not do not touch that. You will just have saw dust left. Plus JM has wood plate glued on. If it ever needs a new board I doubt they can get to it without damaging it. I do want it but enough is enough already.

I bought a Stabwood tip that matches it. The seller, Rhonda at Angels Heavenly Designs is second to none. She went way out of her way to make me happy. Long story but I would not buy tips anywhere else now. She won customer for life. Just in case anyone did not read tip thread. I cannot say enough good things about her. It is nice when a few good people exist and everyone in this thread. This is the best thread ever!
I like them, the only thing that kept me from getting a black one they had in our local vape shop is the purple body they had like (4) and the body was purple on all of them......

it is kind of a tall mod.... But I can live with that.....being tall

The battery case maybe and the button was purple too..... But cannot handle the purple frame .....

That's nonsense a mod that doesn't function out of the box......

Hope you get her back fast......

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You mean the ThorII? They had them in s store? Damn I live in the middle of nowhere. It is very dark purple. Only looks good on the black Stabwood IMO. Then it actually does look good. I am very pleased with it but pissed at Evolv. I had more Evolv boards fail than any other Mod. They opened it for display(the video I posted). Perhaps they did not put a battery in it and try it. I so want that Bean Box but $550 for some dude I never heard of is a lot. Plus almost certain mushy buttons. Plus if have to take off faceplate ruined. I am talking myself out of it LOL. Must not go there! Use the Force Luke!

The button is purple wood but is not mushy because of ring reinforcement and metal lever behind it has some weight. It is a little tall but about 1/2" narrower than Paranormal. It feels good but I bet Bean Box feels better. Except maybe the buttons. You have to realize how complex it is to make this shape right. China of all places but what I said.

Every tank I have leaks. My luck is shit. Never play Bingo.

I thought I was one of the first folks that got one. Guess not. Should have waited for Asmodus. Battery screw on is gold. However even though it screws on easier than the Thor the handle is super short. Plus hard to raise up with no finger nails. Slot is tiny. Nothing is perfect. I wil see if the Thor battery door fits it but I think finer threads.

So freaking pissed it is busted out of box. Now I buy different chips. DNA75C nothing special. Boost and the efficiency sucks. YIHI is really best. Some like my Vicious Ant have 550J but 580J is out now. I do not dig Asmodus wave the hand over it.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They just raised the price of the fancy ones $10. However the pound just went way down. Had I waited a weak I would have got my broken Mod for $30 less. Upon closer inspection the Bean Box is not so well built. Talked myself out of it. They do have much nicer ones but $$$. Honestly though I liked this particular ThorII better than anything else they have there.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
You mean the ThorII? They had them in s store? Damn I live in the middle of nowhere. It is very dark purple. Only looks good on the black Stabwood IMO. Then it actually does look good. I am very pleased with it but pissed at Evolv. I had more Evolv boards fail than any other Mod. They opened it for display(the video I posted). Perhaps they did not put a battery in it and try it. I so want that Bean Box but $550 for some dude I never heard of is a lot. Plus almost certain mushy buttons. Plus if have to take off faceplate ruined. I am talking myself out of it LOL. Must not go there! Use the Force Luke!

The button is purple wood but is not mushy because of ring reinforcement and metal lever behind it has some weight. It is a little tall but about 1/2" narrower than Paranormal. It feels good but I bet Bean Box feels better. Except maybe the buttons. You have to realize how complex it is to make this shape right. China of all places but what I said.

Every tank I have leaks. My luck is shit. Never play Bingo.

I thought I was one of the first folks that got one. Guess not. Should have waited for Asmodus. Battery screw on is gold. However even though it screws on easier than the Thor the handle is super short. Plus hard to raise up with no finger nails. Slot is tiny. Nothing is perfect. I wil see if the Thor battery door fits it but I think finer threads.

So freaking pissed it is busted out of box. Now I buy different chips. DNA75C nothing special. Boost and the efficiency sucks. YIHI is really best. Some like my Vicious Ant have 550J but 580J is out now. I do not dig Asmodus wave the hand over it.

Wow- sorry there is a problem with your new Thor- sux, but glad Asmodus US can fix it!
I have never had a problem with DNA mods- but I do with Yihi- mine drains the batteries when the mod is idle for a few days below 3v.
I hope yours gets fixed soon and you are vaping with it soon!

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Turns out it was just a sticky select button. I fixed it! That would suck to send brand new $305 Mod back the day I got it. Luckily I am pretty sure I have fixed it.

Hey Manny, I get the one battery but why only on Stabwood is what I meant? I mean lots of regular plastic Mods have 2-4 batteries. Only Stabwood ones seem to all be one larger battery? Perhaps because the new school of thought started at the top and will trickle down to plastic Mods? I do not need more than 50W anyways but 250C is much more efficient. Although if I run a 4000MAH battery it could fire for about 2 hours straight on I gather. So in real use about a day for me. I cut back. I used to use 30ml juice a day. Now I only use 10. Seeing as I bought 4 Gallons of juice it should last rest of my life. Since I am already old. Although if you average out my family live to 99. My Grandfather lived to 111. My Mom lived to 104. People from Senegal of the upper class tend to be long lived. The poverty not so much. Since they have no food or anything. Every year I send 1 ton of food. Wholesale to charity it is not a lot of money.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 130746 View attachment 130744 View attachment 130745 Got the V2 nice and shiny next up is to apply the renaissance wax.
Still has more to go.... You gave up too early Sara.....

There is still some dust on the surface...... You see all the minute little dots you see ...billions those come off ....you are near the resin....

But still have a bit more to get to the colors.....

The hole process should take a week that's if you are doing it 3 to 4 hours everyday....

This is the blue pad (both sides) after doing my brown mod..... This is when you know the pad is history..... And time to grab the second pad ......
d6191bdbc6831aa145bbd0b0eaea1cea.jpg
8546f0e111451fae2e9eb64707fca6cb.jpg

Use the blue pad for a couple of days......this one is real important..... And then a couple of days with the purple......

It's not about the shine is about the colors......

I don't mean to be pushing you, it's what makes you happy...... So if you are happy now, you can stop and be happy...... You can keep going at a later date......

You can always go back again..... Wipe the mod down with alcohol to remove the dirt and old wax, and grab the blue pad rub her down for an hour ....re-wax and keep using......

Every time she will get nicer and nicer.... It's maintenance..... Stabwoods require maintenance.....

But you will see that she will get darker and the colors will become alive......

Just keep doing what you are doing..... I can see she is changing from a cacoon (transforming) into a butterfly....

Take your time....... And hope I helped.....

When you wax her apply the wax, a couple of layers and let it sit in your bathroom for a day with you taking a couple of showers and letting the steam hit the mod.... Then polish and do that for several days.....

This will let the wood absorb some moisture and the wax ..... And then re-polish weekly....

All you are doing is wood finishing.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors