Become a Patron!

I want a mech mod with the fewest parts that are reliable and have longevity in mind

irradiated

Member For 4 Years
I want to be as safe as possible. What is a good rdta that has a good static protruding pin. One that is fat and protrudes nicely.

I use the iJoy Combo RDTA for when I need a tank. It's not the greatest but it's pretty cheap.. hybrid safe but 25mm diameter. No leaking and works great, just a little lacking in flavour. The Limitless RDTAs are basically the same thing as the Combo, basically identical. The authentics aren't expensive either, iJoy makes them all so they're all like $25-40. FastTech is my friend for cheap chinese authentics.

RDTAs/Genny style drippers, whatever you want to call them, are my favourite type of tank for sure. The ease and convenience of building and wicking a dripper but with a tank. :)

@ScReWbALL They did the same thing to my dad, just gave him whatever 18650 and told him it was good. Didn't even tell him not to put it in his pocket loose or anything safety related. I saw him like a month later and he went to change the battery out of his mod, and he pulled it out loose with his keys and I was like WTF dad. Gave him one of my cases and told him he's lucky he didn't blow a chunk of meat out of his leg lol. Also told him to get new batteries, they weren't even a sorta known brand like efest or imren, just something obscure from who knows where... these shops are TERRIBLE for vapers and the industry honestly, because like it or not, they've kind of shouldered some responsibility to educate at least a little bit. Where else is the average smoker off the street going to learn the bare minimum?

Vulupshatusk

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I've also noticed alot of shops make you feel like your entering a private club to which you received no invitation

irradiated

Member For 4 Years
Yeah I've also noticed alot of shops make you feel like your entering a private club to which you received no invitation

Lol yeah, I can see that. The shops here, mostly have no interest in actually talking vaping or discussing gear or teaching people. Just buy your stuff and get out or you get a quick recommendation for whatever is the most popular. The two shops that actually have gear that caters to what I like (more high end gear), the guys don't really want to talk or help. And one of them lied to my face when I asked if an item, that I knew was a clone, was authentic. There's no way they were selling authentic El Diablo and other high end gear at rock bottom prices with slightly different aesthetics, crunchy buttons and burrs in the machining...

The shop with good staff only cater to newbies who want AIO or other beginner setups. They literally had one or two rebuildable atties that were way out of date and nothing else. Good for the newbs but not for me unfortunately.

The shop that lied to me had the 'private club' feel as well, and also they were total cloud bros. Hipster cloud bro clothing, and they were showing each other vape tricks when I walked in. I got a chuckle out of the stereotype at least. :giggle:

It's a rough life for the vape newb out there, but at least some of them make it to places like the VU and ECR.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Unfortunately, that’s not an isolated incident. Not all shops are like that, but there does seem to be an elitist attitude with many shops around (speaking from personal experience and from what I’ve read on these forums and loads of other resource pages about the vaping industry), and what compounds that problem, around here at least, is that some of those shops/employees are worse than the complacent employees just pushing whatever the boss tells them...they can be giving advice that should be given along with the warnings or just completely wrong advice.
I’m glad to see folks like OP asking these questions and getting info...but a lot of folks aren’t as diligent in their research and go by what these “Clouds, brah!” employees are telling them.
Hell, even recently when a new vape shop opened up here, I stopped by to see what they carried and such and asked about what batteries they had, because I was looking for some new Sony VTC5a’s. When I declined what they had and said I was looking for those particular Sony’s, a couple of the other employees literally starting laughing at me saying “You seriously are going to try to use Sony VTC5a’s in a Mech?!?” (I was using my AV Able Mod). I just politely pushed the bottles of juice I was about to buy back to the guy and wished him luck with the new shop.
It’s a little bit disheartening for me to say it, but I just started dabbling in DIY with my juices and am so glad that I discovered that I enjoy doing it, because since I order my batteries/mods/atty’s from online sources and I build my own coils, now with making my own juice I never have to step foot in one of those places again. (The lovely state I live in passed laws awhile back that made it to where you can’t buy juice from an online source and have it shipped to an address that isn’t connected with a business license to sell e-juice...so I can no longer buy juice online)

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

Last edited:

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man it stinks that you can't buy juice online

Yeah, you’re telling me, lol. The places around here never consistently carry flavors or brands very long. I just was lucky enough to find a shop that sells a locally made brand of juice and they’ve kept it in stock for a good long while now, but vapors tongue is a bitch and after using the same one long enough, I might as well have been using flavorless juice.

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

irradiated

Member For 4 Years
(The lovely state I live in passed laws awhile back that made it to where you can’t buy juice from an online source and have it shipped to an address that isn’t connected with a business license to sell e-juice...so I can no longer buy juice online)

So unfair, those laws make me angry. I've never tried but I'm pretty sure you can buy tobacco online and have it shipped to you no problem anywhere you want...

If Canada goes through with the flavour ban they've been trying to do, then I guess I'll be DIYing too.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Unfortunately, that’s not an isolated incident. Not all shops are like that, but there does seem to be an elitist attitude with many shops around (speaking from personal experience and from what I’ve read on these forums and loads of other resource pages about the vaping industry), and what compounds that problem, around here at least, is that some of those shops/employees are worse than the complacent employees just pushing whatever the boss tells them...they can be giving advice that should be given along with the warnings or just completely wrong advice.
I’m glad to see folks like OP asking these questions and getting info...but a lot of folks aren’t as diligent in their research and go by what these “Clouds, brah!” employees are telling them.
Hell, even recently when a new vape shop opened up here, I stopped by to see what they carried and such and asked about what batteries they had, because I was looking for some new Sony VTC5a’s. When I declined what they had and said I was looking for those particular Sony’s, a couple of the other employees literally starting laughing at me saying “You seriously are going to try to use Sony VTC5a’s in a Mech?!?” (I was using my AV Able Mod). I just politely pushed the bottles of juice I was about to buy back to the guy and wished him luck with the new shop.
It’s a little bit disheartening for me to say it, but I just started dabbling in DIY with my juices and am so glad that I discovered that I enjoy doing it, because since I order my batteries/mods/atty’s from online sources and I build my own coils, now with making my own juice I never have to step foot in one of those places again. (The lovely state I live in passed laws awhile back that made it to where you can’t buy juice from an online source and have it shipped to an address that isn’t connected with a business license to sell e-juice...so I can no longer buy juice online)

Same thing here in Belgium... can't buy any mods, atomizers, juices with nic in them, nor any parts of e-cigarettes, anywhere online.

Vulupshatusk

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Man I hope Arkansas doesn't do anything like that.
Well I ordered a limitless clone today from a trusted seller on ebay, and I bought an alliance v2+ rda for 8 bucks from vaping veterans supplies and it is authentic. I did my homework on these guys and they are legit with great prices. The rda was in clearance they have alot of stuff in their clearance section. Here's a pic of the pin on the rda, im confident it protrudes enough.

Vulupshatusk

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I've never been a cloud chaser per say, but im pretty excited to Chuck some clouds! I also got a spring for my mod from vaping veterans supply that is made from some solid silver alloy to minimize voltage drop just a little more. I feel like it's Christmas! I haven't had a mech mod in a couple years at least.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ve always meant to research more on Button Assemblies with mechs, particularly Springs vs Magnets. I’ve seen arguments from both sides saying things about the other, but with no real data or evidence to convince me of the merits of one versus the other in terms of voltage drop and how hard it hits.
Some folks say that the throw mechanism does not carry any of the current, so, it doesn’t matter if it’s regular magnets, silver or gold plated magnets, regular spring, silver/gold plated spring, etc it doesn’t matter because it’s simply the means of pushing the contacts together...so, the contacts carry the current regardless of how they’re pushed together.
Some folks say that even if that is the case, if Springs aren’t mounted exactly right and/or the button not pressed firmly in direct center, the contacts are still pressed together, but not perfectly in line to create the best connection, whereas with a good set of correctly sized magnets, everything is lined up and pressed together evenly and correctly every time.
I guess it’s the same kind of argument you get from folks saying that copper body mods will always hit harder than something like Stainless, but other folks say that it’s only what the “guts” of the mod are made out of that is what effects performance.
Personally, I have no stake on either side...I just prefer magnets because I had a shitty Munstro clone a long time ago that would sometimes shock the everloving hell out of me if I accidentally pinched a bit of skin between the button and the body when firing and it had a spring-loaded Assembly...so, I was conditioned to hate Springs similar to how if you get sick after eating a certain food, your stomach kind of turns when you smell that food any time after that experience.
Actually, what’s quickly becoming my favorite Mech is the Subzero X I got for Christmas, which uses a clutch system similar to the one found in Broadside and Admiral tube mechs...so, no spring and no magnet works just fine for me :)
Don’t mind my ramblings, this is just what happens when sleeping pills meets boredom!

Vulupshatusk

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use the iJoy Combo RDTA for when I need a tank. It's not the greatest but it's pretty cheap.. hybrid safe but 25mm diameter. No leaking and works great, just a little lacking in flavour. The Limitless RDTAs are basically the same thing as the Combo, basically identical. The authentics aren't expensive either, iJoy makes them all so they're all like $25-40. FastTech is my friend for cheap chinese authentics.

RDTAs/Genny style drippers, whatever you want to call them, are my favourite type of tank for sure. The ease and convenience of building and wicking a dripper but with a tank. :)

@ScReWbALL They did the same thing to my dad, just gave him whatever 18650 and told him it was good. Didn't even tell him not to put it in his pocket loose or anything safety related. I saw him like a month later and he went to change the battery out of his mod, and he pulled it out loose with his keys and I was like WTF dad. Gave him one of my cases and told him he's lucky he didn't blow a chunk of meat out of his leg lol. Also told him to get new batteries, they weren't even a sorta known brand like efest or imren, just something obscure from who knows where... these shops are TERRIBLE for vapers and the industry honestly, because like it or not, they've kind of shouldered some responsibility to educate at least a little bit. Where else is the average smoker off the street going to learn the bare minimum?

Whe

Vulupshatusk

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I’ve always meant to research more on Button Assemblies with mechs, particularly Springs vs Magnets. I’ve seen arguments from both sides saying things about the other, but with no real data or evidence to convince me of the merits of one versus the other in terms of voltage drop and how hard it hits.
Some folks say that the throw mechanism does not carry any of the current, so, it doesn’t matter if it’s regular magnets, silver or gold plated magnets, regular spring, silver/gold plated spring, etc it doesn’t matter because it’s simply the means of pushing the contacts together...so, the contacts carry the current regardless of how they’re pushed together.
Some folks say that even if that is the case, if Springs aren’t mounted exactly right and/or the button not pressed firmly in direct center, the contacts are still pressed together, but not perfectly in line to create the best connection, whereas with a good set of correctly sized magnets, everything is lined up and pressed together evenly and correctly every time.
I guess it’s the same kind of argument you get from folks saying that copper body mods will always hit harder than something like Stainless, but other folks say that it’s only what the “guts” of the mod are made out of that is what effects performance.
Personally, I have no stake on either side...I just prefer magnets because I had a shitty Munstro clone a long time ago that would sometimes shock the everloving hell out of me if I accidentally pinched a bit of skin between the button and the body when firing and it had a spring-loaded Assembly...so, I was conditioned to hate Springs similar to how if you get sick after eating a certain food, your stomach kind of turns when you smell that food any time after that experience.
Actually, what’s quickly becoming my favorite Mech is the Subzero X I got for Christmas, which uses a clutch system similar to the one found in Broadside and Admiral tube mechs...so, no spring and no magnet works just fine for me :)
Don’t mind my ramblings, this is just what happens when sleeping pills meets boredom!

Yeah Im not sure how much of a difference it will make. The switch is on tracks so it should have decent action. I seen a video where a limitless clone had an inferior spring so I decided to get a nice one. I got a medium strength spring for an easier throw, and the money I saved on my diy nic liquid and vg payed for the spring. It would be cool once I try it with both springs to actually tell a difference but im not holding my breath lol

irradiated

Member For 4 Years

IMO I think clutch or magnets are both superior to springs.. but only because springs can wear out a bit easier than magnets, and springs that carry current are kind of bad design.. IMO. Current carrying springs can work if they're a low enough gauge to handle what you want to run through them, but I think it's much better if they carry 0 current. I generally won't buy a mod that carries current through the spring, but it's all personal preference of course. My personal preference is magnets, but I haven't tried clutch yet. My series box mods have springs that don't carry current and I still love them though.

I think I saw somewhere that they took measurements to show a copper tube does hit 'harder' but barely, so small compared to SS that you don't notice it in use. I would say the design of the mod has the biggest impact on voltage drop, the simpler and less contact points, the better. One thing i'm not sure of would be the difference in voltage drop between a mod with steel button contacts, and copper/silver/brass contacts? Since you're pushing it in and out with a smaller surface area, maybe a highly conductive metal makes a bigger difference there?

I still love copper and brass though, they're beautiful. :D

Vulupshatusk

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I wish I had gotten the copper mod instead of the 24k platted brass limitless clone for one I know the gold will come off but the brass tube is such a large conductor that the difference won't be noticable as far as voltage drop. Just by looking at the design it seems like the spring would carry current but I do still like the design and I will still cherish my clone. I have all kinds of goodies coming my way now I just have to wait through the shipping process. Patience is a vertu and im not all that vertuis lol.

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They did the same thing to my dad, just gave him whatever 18650 and told him it was good. Didn't even tell him not to put it in his pocket loose or anything safety related. I saw him like a month later and he went to change the battery out of his mod, and he pulled it out loose with his keys and I was like WTF dad. Gave him one of my cases and told him he's lucky he didn't blow a chunk of meat out of his leg lol. Also told him to get new batteries, they weren't even a sorta known brand like efest or imren, just something obscure from who knows where... these shops are TERRIBLE for vapers and the industry honestly, because like it or not, they've kind of shouldered some responsibility to educate at least a little bit. Where else is the average smoker off the street going to learn the bare minimum?

This is why I have a problem with people bashing newbs and calling them stupid when their mod blows up or they are doing something unsafe. When I first started vaping I thought the guys at the vape shop knew everything and that they were experts. Now that I know a little more about this stuff I realize that these same guys don't know shit and even recommend doing things that are dangerous.

Your dad didn't know any better. If his mod blew up in his face and people read about it, everyone would call him stupid, say that he got what he deserved, etc., etc.

When someone knows that these cells can be dangerous and they throw caution to the wind, well then that is stupid. When someone is just uninformed/misinformed how can you fault this person? These cells are in protected packs in almost every other application and I don't think it makes someone stupid for being uninformed/unaware of battery safety. Willful ignorance on the other hand is pretty stupid.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Research is always key. But for someone new just starting. It's a real turn off to a lot to see all this info of ohms law and coil wire and position and batteries and this and that. A lot of people just want to vape and not have to take a class. It's a tough spot for the consumer. But b&M's should have some sort of regulations for selling batteries. I just think it's shitty to sell cheap ass awt or trustfire and claim to be great just to make a dollar. I'd much rather pay a little higher price and know that the product is to some sort of standard (the big 3 or 5). I've heard both

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is why I have a problem with people bashing newbs and calling them stupid when their mod blows up or they are doing something unsafe. When I first started vaping I thought the guys at the vape shop knew everything and that they were experts. Now that I know a little more about this stuff I realize that these same guys don't know shit and even recommend doing things that are dangerous.

Your dad didn't know any better. If his mod blew up in his face and people read about it, everyone would call him stupid, say that he got what he deserved, etc., etc.

When someone knows that these cells can be dangerous and they throw caution to the wind, well then that is stupid. When someone is just uninformed/misinformed how can you fault this person? These cells are in protected packs in almost every other application and I don't think it makes someone stupid for being uninformed/unaware of battery safety. Willful ignorance on the other hand is pretty stupid.
Newb's shouldn't be buying Mech's, it's like selling a Bugatti Veyron to a 16yo who just got their learners permit. But you know Vape chain stores pushing products.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any recommendations for a mech mod that has very little voltage drop and has parts easly accessable for cleaning? Thanks!
Price is a factor.

If price was no object, I would recommend a Bestia from Bestia Mods:

23347537_504533686579176_619878039827775488_n.jpg

It only has three parts - the lower and upper parts of the tube, and the threaded plastic insulator in the middle. The go-go button is laser-cut into the side of the top tube, so it's just a blade that comes into contact with the lower tube when you press it. There's no spring or hinge to go wrong. As for the 510 connector, it's threaded directly into the top tube also (the mod is a hybrid, obviously).

You can't find a simpler mod and more reliable mod. And being so simple, it has very little voltage drop. But... 260 euros.

For simplicity, I also highly recommend the Monake Vape Calvert and it's clever "Omni-switch". It's hard to come by these days, but here's a place that sells an excellent copper clone for very cheap at 37.71 euros:

le-calvert-mod-cooper-.jpg

It only has 4 parts: the tube, the threaded hybrid cap, the adjustable contact screw at the bottom, and the sliding magnetic switch. It doesn't have a spring either: the switch's magnets pull it towards the center in its resting position, and you push the button sideways to close the circuit.

There isn't much to go wrong. Also, not only does it hit like a freight train, it's a great party piece: I guarantee you someone who doesn't know how it works will spend at least 5 minutes trying to figure it out :)

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Newb's shouldn't be buying Mech's, it's like selling a Bugatti Veyron to a 16yo who just got their learners permit. But you know Vape chain stores pushing products.
I see how you could think I was referring to mechs, but I wasn't. I would never advocate for a new vaper to use a mech. Battery safety is important no matter what mod someone uses though. I was trying to point out that just because new vapers don't know the importance of battery safety doesn't automatically make them stupid, which is a sentiment I see often.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see how you could think I was referring to mechs, but I wasn't. I would never advocate for a new vaper to use a mech. Battery safety is important no matter what mod someone uses though. I was trying to point out that just because new vapers don't know the importance of battery safety doesn't automatically make them stupid, which is a sentiment I see often.
Yeah and I point the finger at the large amount of Vape Shops that have clueless idiots. But I do know there still are some gems out there, if it wasn't for one outstanding Vape Shop in my city I'd still be on the Stinkies. I'm just so very lucky I read some google reviews and they pointed me there, I thank the gods that I did instead of walking into a chain store.

irradiated

Member For 4 Years

My dad has a regulated mod, he doesn't build or anything, uses pre-built coils in sub-ohm tanks. But I agree, no newb should just be handed a mech mod.. but it's kinda tough as a shop I guess? People might get really pissed off if you refuse the sale? Either way, they should be dissuaded from buying one, and if they REALLY have to have a mech, then they should walk out with a bare minimum education and maybe a link to where they can find more information.

@Wtmke1 A small pamphlet included with every battery/mech sale could go a long way, just like a small two page thing with dos and don'ts for batteries and mechs. Or just a minimum education and a bit of guidance for where to look next, like I said above. For a newb just getting into vaping, it can be alot, but when it comes to regulated mods, I think they need to at least be like, 'Hey man, BTW don't carry that battery in your pocket loose, and make sure the wrap and insulator on top are always in perfect shape.'. That way, they at least know two of the most important things that their regulated mod can't protect them from.

When I bought my first 18650 mod, which was a Sigelei 150w TC (that still works awesome!), I was handed a pair of batteries when I asked, along with a charger, and sent on my way without being told anything. I've always known batteries shouldn't be messed with though, it's sort of common sense, so I did some research and figured it out without the shop.

@Fudgey Finger I totally agree, but society paints pictures the way they think they should be.

Vulupshatusk

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I remember when there were no regulated mods of any kind and not even a low resistance atty. The only way to get a decent vape was to stack batteries (not the safest) people would urge the use of protected batteries. I only used lifepo4 batteries when stacking which gave you a nominal 6 volts with a safer chemistry than lithium, and I'd have a 3 ohm atty. I had a mod with a bottom button that protruded and I would forget to lock the button and one time even set it down standing up. The atomizer went off untill I could smell the sticker melting. Now that we have sub ohm RDA's and tanks, a battery can blow up quick so thankfully mods have progressed allot, but there's still allot of danger to be seen. I don't like to push a battery past it's contenuous amp rating just in case a switch does get stuck or accidentally pressed. Thankfully the only battery I ever seen vent was in the change pocket of someone's purse and we were across the room from it. Someone shouldn't have to learn as they go when it comes to battery safety, and when your dealing with a mech mod there are quite a few things to learn. If I owned a shop I would have to take the time to quiz people on there level of understanding, and educate when needed.

irradiated

Member For 4 Years
I remember when there were no regulated mods of any kind and not even a low resistance atty. The only way to get a decent vape was to stack batteries (not the safest) people would urge the use of protected batteries. I only used lifepo4 batteries when stacking which gave you a nominal 6 volts with a safer chemistry than lithium, and I'd have a 3 ohm atty. I had a mod with a bottom button that protruded and I would forget to lock the button and one time even set it down standing up. The atomizer went off untill I could smell the sticker melting. Now that we have sub ohm RDA's and tanks, a battery can blow up quick so thankfully mods have progressed allot, but there's still allot of danger to be seen. I don't like to push a battery past it's contenuous amp rating just in case a switch does get stuck or accidentally pressed. Thankfully the only battery I ever seen vent was in the change pocket of someone's purse and we were across the room from it. Someone shouldn't have to learn as they go when it comes to battery safety, and when your dealing with a mech mod there are quite a few things to learn. If I owned a shop I would have to take the time to quiz people on there level of understanding, and educate when needed.

My mom's Kanger pen randomly had a meltdown today(smoking/melting around the top of the battery) and she had to throw it out her car window, little reminder that things can still go wrong.. even on a tiny pen mod. Now I'm trying to educate her on 18650s and building so she can get a Pico 25 and a Berserker MTL or something like that.. she's been vaping ego-style pens for like 4 years now. She likes the idea of saving money on coils. With the Pico and Berserker, I think she can run like 15w through the Berserker and have the single battery in the Pico last for days, she might never even have to take the battery out of the mod.. I'm a little skeptical on USB charging, but it seems like it's a bit less worrying with one battery. No chance of the mod not balancing the batteries since there's only one.

I told her to try to not charge future mods unattended, imagine if it had that meltdown in the middle of the night. I'm guilty of doing that, but at least I have mine in a proper charger.

Also @Vulupshatusk , I own this mod (not in the weird mirror finish though) and the design is one of the simplest I've seen (button, 510, two brass plates). Also not a cheap mod though. My personal favourite mod of my collection. :D

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My mom's Kanger pen randomly had a meltdown today(smoking/melting around the top of the battery) and she had to throw it out her car window, little reminder that things can still go wrong.. even on a tiny pen mod

By no means is this a laughing matter at all, but I’ll be damned if this isn’t exactly what I visualized in my head when I read that...(sorry for the long clip, couldn’t find a condensed version)...the part I’m referring to happens around the 1:15 or 1:20 mark

Vulupshatusk

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My mom's Kanger pen randomly had a meltdown today(smoking/melting around the top of the battery) and she had to throw it out her car window, little reminder that things can still go wrong.. even on a tiny pen mod. Now I'm trying to educate her on 18650s and building so she can get a Pico 25 and a Berserker MTL or something like that.. she's been vaping ego-style pens for like 4 years now. She likes the idea of saving money on coils. With the Pico and Berserker, I think she can run like 15w through the Berserker and have the single battery in the Pico last for days, she might never even have to take the battery out of the mod.. I'm a little skeptical on USB charging, but it seems like it's a bit less worrying with one battery. No chance of the mod not balancing the batteries since there's only one.

I told her to try to not charge future mods unattended, imagine if it had that meltdown in the middle of the night. I'm guilty of doing that, but at least I have mine in a proper charger.

Also @Vulupshatusk , I own this mod (not in the weird mirror finish though) and the design is one of the simplest I've seen (button, 510, two brass plates). Also not a cheap mod though. My personal favourite mod of my collection. :D

Man, I imagine that was scary! I really shouldn't charge my batteries at night but I have been doing so. Even protection circuits can fail. I think it's a good time for me to stop charging at night. That is a powerful mod. I like that I am getting to know the best of what's out there for the money.

irradiated

Member For 4 Years
By no means is this a laughing matter at all, but I’ll be damned if this isn’t exactly what I visualized in my head when I read that...(sorry for the long clip, couldn’t find a condensed version)...the part I’m referring to happens around the 1:15 or 1:20 mark

Lmao, I don't think she was that cool and collected. I can see why you imagined that though. She pulled over and waited awhile and then went back to investigate and it didn't explode thankfully, but it definitely would have caused a fire. I also told her to lodge a complaint with Kanger, as the pen was only 4 months old and I grilled her to see if she did anything weird to it and no.

Man, I imagine that was scary! I really shouldn't charge my batteries at night but I have been doing so. Even protection circuits can fail. I think it's a good time for me to stop charging at night. That is a powerful mod. I like that I am getting to know the best of what's out there for the money.

In a perfect world, I wouldn't charge at night, but sometimes there's no choice. Coming home from work at night and having dead batteries that need to be charged for the morning, etc. I trust my external chargers well enough (Nitecore D2, and Nitecore i1), but I'd like to get something fireproof to put them in. I've heard of people using ammunition cans and the like for holding chargers in. I DO keep my batteries out of my mods and in their cases when the mod isn't in use though, I've heard of things failing and venting on regulated and mech mods that are just sitting there out of use. For mechs, if I don't take the batteries out then I loosen them so they're not able to make a connection when fired.. I still try to keep them empty when not in use though.

Vulupshatusk

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lmao, I don't think she was that cool and collected. I can see why you imagined that though. She pulled over and waited awhile and then went back to investigate and it didn't explode thankfully, but it definitely would have caused a fire. I also told her to lodge a complaint with Kanger, as the pen was only 4 months old and I grilled her to see if she did anything weird to it and no.

In a perfect world, I wouldn't charge at night, but sometimes there's no choice. Coming home from work at night and having dead batteries that need to be charged for the morning, etc. I trust my external chargers well enough (Nitecore D2, and Nitecore i1), but I'd like to get something fireproof to put them in. I've heard of people using ammunition cans and the like for holding chargers in. I DO keep my batteries out of my mods and in their cases when the mod isn't in use though, I've heard of things failing and venting on regulated and mech mods that are just sitting there out of use. For mechs, if I don't take the batteries out then I loosen them so they're not able to make a connection when fired.. I still try to keep them empty when not in use though.
I've been charging my batteries every night for years to be honest. I've been way too much of a vaping pirate. Someone should start selling something fireproof to charge batteries in if they don't already.

VU Sponsors