Become a Patron!

I want a custard with diacetyl

Dynodave

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I no I'm goin get shit for this, when I started vaping my mate had an amazing super super creamy buttery custard,now I have tryed various outher custard,non to my liking,even tryed makin my own,got flavour art and alkamist cupboard, any ideas please,I have various dropper,Atlantis,dellta 2, subtank(kanger),for my flavour maker I use my magma driver on an mechanical modImageUploadedByTapatalk1429271612.115550.jpg
Thank Davo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The custard (diketone rich)) used in most custard vapes is Capella Vanilla Custard. There is now a V2 which is diacetyl free, but you can still get the original one.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mix my own and am a custard lover. I ordered a bottle each of capelas V1 and V2 custard. I must admit the V1 is better but V2 makes a godd custard also

0rK1ngDAM Good Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
TFA/TPA marshmallow contains acetyl propionyl I have tested it personally the Diacetyl levels are 0.1 ppm but the acetyl propionyl tests out at 14.0325 ppm far above what is recommended for use. Their Vin Custard is not much better Diacetyl tests at 0.075 and acetyl propionyl tests at 12.075

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
TFA/TPA marshmallow contains acetyl propionyl I have tested it personally the Diacetyl levels are 0.1 ppm but the acetyl propionyl tests out at 14.0325 ppm far above what is recommended for use. Their Vin Custard is not much better Diacetyl tests at 0.075 and acetyl propionyl tests at 12.075

and they are showing it as passing on their site??

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That's interesting. I always believed TFA to be very transparent:
https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-7166-vanilla-custard-flavor.aspx?keyword=vanilla+custard

It's possible that the diacetyl content is under the threshhold that has to be reported, though.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the diacetyl is under the threshold its the acetyl propionyl that is not

But TFA does report that if you follow the link I posted.

Vanilla Custard Flavor
Water soluble.

A rich, buttery custard flavor. stronger than our Bavarian Cream flavor.

*** Note: This flavor contains 'custard' ingredients: Acetoin & Acetylpropionyl.

The following link explains the frequent questions & concerns involving custard notes.

0rK1ngDAM Good Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
But TFA does report that if you follow the link I posted.

Vanilla Custard Flavor
Water soluble.

A rich, buttery custard flavor. stronger than our Bavarian Cream flavor.

*** Note: This flavor contains 'custard' ingredients: Acetoin & Acetylpropionyl.

The following link explains the frequent questions & concerns involving custard notes.
I did follow the like and I see it does not show what I am explaining is diacetyl is only 2 acetyl molecules combined acetyl propionyl in an acetoin solution is stable as a single molecule it is when the acetoin is evaporated off it becomes the diacetyl again and any tests will not show diacetyl.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the point is that we're all aware that diketones are less than desirable. Even though we may choose to vape them. Anything that tests with an diketones is something some people want to be aware of - and that is the information TFA makes available. Make sense?

The OP particularly asked for a flavor that contained diketones!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I did follow the like and I see it does not show what I am explaining is diacetyl is only 2 acetyl molecules combined acetyl propionyl in an acetoin solution is stable as a single molecule it is when the acetoin is evaporated off it becomes the diacetyl again and any tests will not show diacetyl.

you might want to contact them, should you think they are wrong.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
I may get into trouble for this lol but I don't see no BIG difference between diacetyl etc... It's such a small dose

0rK1ngDAM Good Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
its not the diacetyl that is to worried about its the Acetyl Propionyl that you have to worry about it is the same chemical
Chemical structure of diacetyl
C4H6O2--4 carbons, 6 hydrogen's, 2 oxygens
Chemical Structure of acetyl Propionyl
C5H8O2--6 Carbons, 8 Hydrogens, 2 oxygens
essentially the same chemical structure

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
its not the diacetyl that is to worried about its the Acetyl Propionyl that you have to worry about it is the same chemical
Chemical structure of diacetyl
C4H6O2--4 carbons, 6 hydrogen's, 2 oxygens
Chemical Structure of acetyl Propionyl
C5H8O2--6 Carbons, 8 Hydrogens, 2 oxygens
essentially the same chemical structure

I think we are all aware that diketones might not be a good thing! And this is why TFA is so transparent.

0rK1ngDAM Good Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am attempting to find anything on their website that show the levels of acetyl propionyl. I can tell you my product is diacetyl free and your going to think well that's great but if its not both acetyl propionyl as well as diacetyl free Im still selling you the same bag of crap
acetyl propionyl is the exact same thing as diacetyl and I sure don't see TFA saying our products are free of diacetyl and acetyl propionyl

0rK1ngDAM Good Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think we are all aware that diketones might not be a good thing! And this is why TFA is so transparent.
I understand the company being transparent but putting a product on the market that contains the vary product the FDA and the government is looking for in order to use as an example for imposing regulation on vaping is a terrible.

0rK1ngDAM Good Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In the case you are looking for a custard with Diacetyl any custard you buy will contain either Acetyl Propionyl or Diacetyl. TFA even states its impossible to create the flavor without the chemical being present

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In got bronchitis from it once and tossed everything with diacetyl in it. Then I read that it can also cause pneumonia. In small increments I'm sure its fine but d effinately not something you should vape all day

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
In the case you are looking for a custard with Diacetyl any custard you buy will contain either Acetyl Propionyl or Diacetyl. TFA even states its impossible to create the flavor without the chemical being present

then how did fa do it? hmm.. lol..

Dynodave

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alcohol on its own is a worse poison,but people still choose to drink it.it wouldn't be and alday vape just a treat
Davo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I am attempting to find anything on their website that show the levels of acetyl propionyl. I can tell you my product is diacetyl free and your going to think well that's great but if its not both acetyl propionyl as well as diacetyl free Im still selling you the same bag of crap
acetyl propionyl is the exact same thing as diacetyl and I sure don't see TFA saying our products are free of diacetyl and acetyl propionyl

so you are saying you are creating your own flavorings, free from all bad stuff?

and the links for all tfa..

by batch #: http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/certanalysis.aspx

by flavoring: http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/specsheetlist.aspx

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Now I understand why I love that one so much;)

VU Sponsors