Become a Patron!

I stick 50w

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just picked up the istick 50w today and I have no complaints at all. Have it set to 20-24 watts with my kanger sub nano and love it.
My question is this: im only 8 weeks into vaping and I now have an istick 20w, istick 50w, 3 mini nautilus, and 2 kanger sub nano s. I know I have an extremely addictive personality, but shesus, how bad is this gonna get? ?????:)

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It gets as bad as you let it. In the long run you should end up spending less in a year on mods and hardware than you would have on cigarettes. You'll be healthier too.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I will prob let it get really bad then, as I have very little to no self-control. But I dont care if it costs alot more than cigs, im not goin back

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I went through a "every extra penny goes to vape stuffs" phase at the beginning...and middle lol. I have finally found something that ticks all the boxes for me and my spending has gone waaaay down. In the interim though, i spent a lot of money on stuff that I wish I hadnt, make sure to research your purchases and dont get too caught up in shinyitis (looking at you stupid Amerivape Manhattan I just had to have and now sits in a tacklebox).

rania272

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's easy to get caught up in getting the newest stuff. I have found once you find something you really like stick with it. I'm having a hard time finding a juices just love.

Reactions: Jah

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Eventually you find stuff so good that it really narrows down the list of things you are willing to try and you'll buy fewer things. In the past I have spent a lot more vaping than I did smoking, but I think I currently spend less vaping than I did smoking. If I averaged it out I'm still probably in the hole though. Lol.
TT

Kizzer49

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started with the mvp2.0,bumped up to the istick20watt. Now I use a Nautilus mini, and a few single coil rdas. I have fallen in love with the vapor and flavor of the rda. On the other hand like everyone says as bad as you let it get lol. Im short on extra cash for vape gear. But once I get what I want saved up I plan on grabbing a Sigelei150 and a few rdas I been looking at. Also a couple nice tanks. And hopefully after that just juice. But who knows.

Has anyone used the new deringer RDA? I heard some pretty goddess stuff about it, also what is a good set up for full flavor on a RDA? 24 Guage 7 wraps?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Waiting on the mailman to deliver a derringer. Reviews I've seen have been pretty good. I hope they're right.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've had it bad for a couple of years now. I think I have a handle on it now tho....Ohh! Shiny!...:)

starrelabelletxlady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
dbf0667aa083d10a5389a4952ceecd11.jpg

My new 50watt iStick with a Kanger Subtank Mini, and Aspire CF SubOhm battery with a Kanger Aerotank V2.

I really love the iStick, and although it improves every tank, it's a shame not to SubOhm vape with it. The Kanger Subtank Mini is the best tank I've ever vaped with. I want another for the Aspire CF SubOhm, as they work great on it, too.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
dbf0667aa083d10a5389a4952ceecd11.jpg

My new 50watt iStick with a Kanger Subtank Mini, and Aspire CF SubOhm battery with a Kanger Aerotank V2.

I really love the iStick, and although it improves every tank, it's a shame not to SubOhm vape with it. The Kanger Subtank Mini is the best tank I've ever vaped with. I want another for the Aspire CF SubOhm, as they work great on it, too.
I agree. I love my mini nautilus for flavor, but the kanger sub vapes great, never leaks or floods, and for me the coils are lasting forever

starrelabelletxlady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree. I love my mini nautilus for flavor, but the kanger sub vapes great, never leaks or floods, and for me the coils are lasting forever
I have had my Subtank a month and I'm using the OCC Japanese cotton coils, and the first one is still going strong. These are the best coils ever. I really didn't need an RDA deck, as I have a Mech Mod already. I like the size of the Kanger Subtank Mini at 22 inches it fits most Mods perfectly. I wish they'd made the Nano 22 in, but people are also raving about the this RDA as being even better than the kayfun; I'll get around to trying it.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have had my Subtank a month and I'm using the OCC Japanese cotton coils, and the first one is still going strong. These are the best coils ever. I really didn't need an RDA deck, as I have a Mech Mod already. I like the size of the Kanger Subtank Mini at 22 inches it fits most Mods perfectly. I wish they'd made the Nano 22 in, but people are also raving about the this RDA as being even better than the kayfun; I'll get around to trying it.
Im fairly new to this, but im using the 1.2 coil it came with, because I just got my istick 50w, and my 20w would not fire the .5. When I go to that one, what differences should I expect our see?

starrelabelletxlady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im fairly new to this, but im using the 1.2 coil it came with, because I just got my istick 50w, and my 20w would not fire the .5. When I go to that one, what differences should I expect our see?
When you decide to use your .5 coil, try setting your iStick on 25w at first, because it's a bit more powerful. I have to lung hit mine, as most people do. I'm vaping a pretty steady 3.8 volts set on 25w. I've gone up to 32w, and it was ok, but I prefer the lower wattage with this coil. I bought some of the 1.2 coils, and people are saying they work great, too. Perhaps higher wattage with the higher resistance coils?

I've also noticed the flavor of my favorite eliquids is more intense, all around. The .5 coils produce a sweeter taste, and more vapor. I would like to see Kanger produce a .8 coil...btw,did you know that we can also use the Kanger Enclosed dual coils, too, with the Subtank? I use them with my Aerotank V2, and Kanger makes them in many sizes including SubOhm at the .8. :))

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When you decide to use your .5 coil, try setting your iStick on 25w at first, because it's a bit more powerful. I have to lung hit mine, as most people do. I'm vaping a pretty steady 3.8 volts set on 25w. I've gone up to 32w, and it was ok, but I prefer the lower wattage with this coil. I bought some of the 1.2 coils, and people are saying they work great, too. Perhaps higher wattage with the higher resistance coils?

I've also noticed the flavor of my favorite eliquids is more intense, all around. The .5 coils produce a sweeter taste, and more vapor. I would like to see Kanger produce a .8 coil...btw,did you know that we can also use the Kanger Enclosed dual coils, too, with the Subtank? I use them with my Aerotank V2, and Kanger makes them in many sizes including SubOhm at the .8. :))
I didn't know that, and thanx for the help
Ive been around 20-23 watts with the 1.2 coil, and I think it vapes really well. I went a bit higher, just didnt care for it quite as much

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hated the first istick. I think the 50 watt'er is pretty damn slick though. The power, capacity, stainless threaded and spring connector, no overhang with 22mm devices and a nice form factor makes that thing a real contender. I see the istick 50 with a subtank mini becoming a very popular setup.

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good luck with istick, it should serve you well. I went mod crazy the last two week. I purchased a Cloupor Mini , Kanger Kbox and a Smok M80. Combined it cost $115, about $20 more then a carton of cigs but less then I would spend per week smoking two packs a day. You do have a better setup then I did when I started and it should serve you well....unless you are like most of us and HAVE to have all the newest vape toys.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hated the first istick. I think the 50 watt'er is pretty damn slick though. The power, capacity, stainless threaded and spring connector, no overhang with 22mm devices and a nice form factor makes that thing a real contender. I see the istick 50 with a subtank mini becoming a very popular setup.
I like it alot so far. I was just wondering, when I put the .5 coil in my sub mini, it will be my 1st time subohm, any safety precautions I need to take vs using the 1.2?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd intentionally set it low to start then keep turning it up until it's obvious you've gone too far. Then you'll know how it performs all the way through its usable range and can zero in on your sweet spot.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd intentionally set it low to start then keep turning it up until it's obvious you've gone too far. Then you'll know how it performs all the way through its usable range and can zero in on your sweet spot.
Ok. Thanks again. I appreciate all the advice

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good luck with istick, it should serve you well. I went mod crazy the last two week. I purchased a Cloupor Mini , Kanger Kbox and a Smok M80. Combined it cost $115, about $20 more then a carton of cigs but less then I would spend per week smoking two packs a day. You do have a better setup then I did when I started and it should serve you well....unless you are like most of us and HAVE to have all the newest vape toys.
It is starting to look like I'm gonna end up with quite a bit of hardware. But I figure what's better than spending $ on a hobby that's fun and deeeeelicious! !!:):)

Reactions: Jah

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like it alot so far. I was just wondering, when I put the .5 coil in my sub mini, it will be my 1st time subohm, any safety precautions I need to take vs using the 1.2?

BoomStick covered it for the iStick 50w... I'm going to be more generic...

Every regulated device has a working voltage range, wattage range, ohm range and amp output limits.... know them and as long as the device you are putting on it are within those... you are good to go. So it isn't safe to use on just any regulated device... it's safe on the devices that have the specs that support it.

The Subtanks comes with a manual that include what range the coils works within... in fact those ranges are also printed on each coil head. Since the RTA deck that comes with the original Subtank and Mini version is rebuildable... then it will depend on how you build it as to what range that will work within best.... That is where the start low and turn up is really great advice and applies to anything that you don't have a reference to begin with... with the iStick 50w as well as the Subtank, you have the references if you'll just read them....

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
BoomStick covered it for the iStick 50w... I'm going to be more generic...

Every regulated device has a working voltage range, wattage range, ohm range and amp output limits.... know them and as long as the device you are putting on it are within those... you are good to go. So it isn't safe to use on just any regulated device... it's safe on the devices that have the specs that support it.

The Subtanks comes with a manual that include what range the coils works within... in fact those ranges are also printed on each coil head. Since the RTA deck that comes with the original Subtank and Mini version is rebuildable... then it will depend on how you build it as to what range that will work within best.... That is where the start low and turn up is really great advice and applies to anything that you don't have a reference to begin with... with the iStick 50w as well as the Subtank, you have the references if you'll just read them....
Thanks and I did read them. Just looking for more info, as I do not understand all that is involved. That is why I'm not getting into building my own ( at least until I get a better grasp on all that is involved). Honestly, it kinda scares the shit outta me, but I figure that's not a bad thing

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just spent about 240 that's
Istick 50w
Smok xpro m80 plus
Freak show RDA
Melo tank
Smok vapor chaser tank
About 6 30 ml bottle if juice and one bottle of anml looper.
I only spent that much because I got my state tax return so I want to treat myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
838843e96787fc2edb87b205b31209c1.jpg

1022d50b1f954b37e73802185142d1d2.jpg

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just spent about 240 that's
Istick 50w
Smok xpro m80 plus
Freak show RDA
Melo tank
Smok vapor chaser tank
About 6 30 ml bottle if juice and one bottle of anml looper.
I only spent that much because I got my state tax return so I want to treat myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
838843e96787fc2edb87b205b31209c1.jpg

1022d50b1f954b37e73802185142d1d2.jpg
I love my istick 50w. But I cannot completely quit using my istick 20w, it's my baby and it poped my cherry:) enjoy ur treats

VU Sponsors