Become a Patron!

I responded to a post about a vape sale being denied by the bank and got shadow banned on Reddit. Why?

Walter Ladd

Member For 4 Years
This was my post:
There has been pressure applied to the credit card processors and the banks by our nanny government to terminate transactions by those the woke don't like. It has been going on for some time. It was first noticed in 2015 with the vape merchants having trouble getting a merchant agreement to accept credit cards at all. The vape shops had to get creative to find work arounds. Merchants should take a look at Gab.com as they have a new credit card processor that hopefully will be less restrictive. If I were you I would get a credit card for online sales as they have a better chance of clearing upon a purchase than a debit card (maybe). The book The Great Reset by Glenn Beck is a good read if you want to know more about how the globalists vision is affecting our everyday lives - including controlling us through the banks and control of our money.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
More or less with @gopher_byrd on this. Only adding a bit.

My grumble over asking different sites the policies of other sites:

When people visit site A and have trouble, why do they go to site Z to ask why site A has trouble? Can you not um, erm, ask site A what is the trouble? People at site Z got nothing to do with site A. Asking at site Z why site A has banned you, is giving you trouble seems illogical, silly to me.

Hypothetical to illustrate:

I buy a car from Joe's and in a week it goes afoul.

I run the car over over to Tom's and tell him I bought it a week ago, fix it.

Tom has nothing to do with my car.

It was bought at Joe's.

Why should I expect Tom to fix the car?

This is the same principle I'm discussing above. People come here and ask to get in touch with say Aspire, so Aspire can fix a mod made by say Lost Vapes.

People come here and complain about say ECF and seem to expect us to do more than say they're welcome here. VU has no control over ECF and vise versa. VU doesn't control Reddit either. VU is VU and VU only. The same for the other sites, Reddit is Reddit and Reddit only.

Stop conflating everyone for everyone else. It doesn't help. It is also akin to using sweeping generalizations such as "all white people are bigots". The assumption becomes prejudice and that in itself defines bigotry. So, then whoever stated that generalization becomes the bigot.

We're all individual people full of our own unique difference, ... just like everyone else. We are different yes. We are also the same because we're all different. This follows with companies, web sites, religions, tribes and so on. There is good and bad in all. Don't let the bad blind you to the good, or cause you to toss it all out thinking it's all bad.

My thought on why there was trouble:

Big Tobacco has bought and paid for lobbyists & likely politicians. Someone shows up on a site expressing frustration over political / financial issues due to Big Tobacco. You can bet your butt Big Tobacco is not going to tolerate a fly in the ointment.

Reddit as far as I know has ties with the likes of say Hearst media. Hearst was one media giant what helped drive off open discussion of hemp either as a textile, the other stuff. They do so on behalf of Big Tobacco who offered a handsome ransom for helping create propaganda.

Those ties are old and have survived a lot together. That's done by silencing opposition. Vaping is indeed opposition to Big Tobacco, the fact that Big Tobacco is even concerned proves that.

Edited by moderator- illegal substance word removed.

Last edited:

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
More or less with @gopher_byrd on this. Only adding a bit.

My grumble over asking different sites the policies of other sites:

When people visit site A and have trouble, why do they go to site Z to ask why site A has trouble? Can you not um, erm, ask site A what is the trouble? People at site Z got nothing to do with site A. Asking at site Z why site A has banned you, is giving you trouble seems illogical, silly to me.

Hypothetical to illustrate:

I buy a car from Joe's and in a week it goes afoul.

I run the car over over to Tom's and tell him I bought it a week ago, fix it.

Tom has nothing to do with my car.

It was bought at Joe's.

Why should I expect Tom to fix the car?

This is the same principle I'm discussing above. People come here and ask to get in touch with say Aspire, so Aspire can fix a mod made by say Lost Vapes.

People come here and complain about say ECF and seem to expect us to do more than say they're welcome here. VU has no control over ECF and vise versa. VU doesn't control Reddit either. VU is VU and VU only. The same for the other sites, Reddit is Reddit and Reddit only.

Stop conflating everyone for everyone else. It doesn't help. It is also akin to using sweeping generalizations such as "all white people are bigots". The assumption becomes prejudice and that in itself defines bigotry. So, then whoever stated that generalization becomes the bigot.

We're all individual people full of our own unique difference, ... just like everyone else. We are different yes. We are also the same because we're all different. This follows with companies, web sites, religions, tribes and so on. There is good and bad in all. Don't let the bad blind you to the good, or cause you to toss it all out thinking it's all bad.

My thought on why there was trouble:

Big Tobacco has bought and paid for lobbyists & likely politicians. Someone shows up on a site expressing frustration over political / financial issues due to Big Tobacco. You can bet your butt Big Tobacco is not going to tolerate a fly in the ointment.

Reddit as far as I know has ties with the likes of say Hearst media. Hearst was one media giant what helped drive off open discussion of hemp either as a textile, the other stuff. They do so on behalf of Big Tobacco who offered a handsome ransom for helping create propaganda.

Those ties are old and have survived a lot together. That's done by silencing opposition. Vaping is indeed opposition to Big Tobacco, the fact that Big Tobacco is even concerned proves that.

Edited by moderator- illegal substance word removed.
well said

VU Sponsors