Become a Patron!

I only just noticed this, IMR vs INR.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone, Hope your ok on this fine day :).

I was explaining vaping to my grandfather, who I live with, and showed him some builds. He got some enjoyment out of the silly build I made yesterday that made huge clouds, which is good as he hardly smiles since the stroke/being ill.

I then explained about IMR and ICR batteries, then got out a samsung 25R to show him. Then I realised like an idiot they was iNr not iMr. What is the difference between a IMR and an INR? Is an INR still preferable in thermal runaway compared to an ICR? Like it just pops some gases and liquids? Or is it a banger like the old ICR's were?

I have been here a little while now, and can't believe I only just realised the batteries I was using were not IMR, they are actually INR, and I feel like a top twat for that lol.

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INR is used by some brands to refer to their hybrid battery chemistry and is equivalent to IMR. No Fourth of July fireworks!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INR is used by some brands to refer to their hybrid battery chemistry and is equivalent to IMR. No Fourth of July fireworks!
Ahh, thank god for that! So it is still an IMR, maybe slightly different chemistry, but it still is mainly an IMR?

VU Sponsors