Become a Patron!

I need a Man Purse, lol Any Suggestions?

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So much crap to take to work. Mods, pods, juice, drugs, snacks, on and on...
Using my lunch box as a man purse and everything gets jumbled around. Ugh
Gotta be something better but I don't know what. You can flame me if you wanna, I can take it...
20230726_194031~2.jpg

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Back packs a bit big, need something for the front seat of work truck. Looks like a Messenger bag would do the trick. I can hang it over the headrest. Thanks!

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So much crap to take to work. Mods, pods, juice, drugs, snacks, on and on...
Using my lunch box as a man purse and everything gets jumbled around. Ugh
Gotta be something better but I don't know what. You can flame me if you wanna, I can take it..

These guys had 'em:

1690474050846.png

1690474092481.png

Even the bird guy had one:

1690474148181.png

Hah, but I'm sure that isn't what you have in mind.

I like vintage leather mail bags.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I'm glad I found this thread.
I always have too much stuff that I can't leave home without.

I could leave home without about 80% of it. lol
I always carry stuff like the car is going to break down, I'm going to need to spend the night in it, and then pay the tow truck driver to tow it to the dealership. :giggle:
I might be paranoid af but the pillow, blanket, change of clothes etc... in the trunk has come in handy many times in my life.

I've been using one of those things that's like a soft cooler bag for a six pack. lol
I used to carry a bookbag but you look like a drug dealer when you are over the age of 30 carrying a bookbag.
I've tried a couple of the tactical style bags but they are never big enough. They are just collecting dust under the dresser.

I had a bookbag/bag when I was in my early 20's that was like the tactical style bag since it was triangle shaped with single strap at top but it was bigger with one large compartment, one small in the front, with a money stash zipper bag on the inside. The single strap was as wide as a regular bookbag strap but it had a zipper down the middle so it was like a transformer between a single and double strap bag.
I wish I could find another bag like it. it was the perfect size.
The brand name was B.U.M. Equipment and it was 1995 when I found it for $9.99 in the bargain bin at a Macy's that no longer exists.:giggle:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I always carry stuff like the car is going to break down, I'm going to need to spend the night in it, and then pay the tow truck driver to tow it to the dealership. :giggle:
I might be paranoid af but the pillow, blanket, change of clothes etc... in the trunk has come in handy many times in my life.

I've been using one of those things that's like a soft cooler bag for a six pack. lol
I used to carry a bookbag but you look like a drug dealer when you are over the age of 30 carrying a bookbag.
I've tried a couple of the tactical style bags but they are never big enough. They are just collecting dust under the dresser.

I had a bookbag/bag when I was in my early 20's that was like the tactical style bag since it was triangle shaped with single strap at top but it was bigger with one large compartment, one small in the front, with a money stash zipper bag on the inside. The single strap was as wide as a regular bookbag strap but it had a zipper down the middle so it was like a transformer between a single and double strap bag.
The brand name was B.U.M. Equipment and it was 1995 when I found it for $9.99 in the bargain bin at a Macy's that no longer exists.:giggle:
I use to have and love tons of stuff from BUM!!!!

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The older you get the more crap you have to take. Then eventually you will need a checklist to make sure you don't forget anything. :wait:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was really just looking for something to load in and out of work truck but now I'm thinking I might want something a little nicer, lol. Something leather for nights out on the town (going to Walmart  and Sonic)

Found this at a work center today, a messenger tool bag. Has some side pouches and some loops on the inside. Price is right for sure, $0. Well that and another piece of my soul....
20230727_181016~2.jpg

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Hey! Forgot I had this tucked away in a closet till just now. Haven't used it in yrs. Still no use, really. Must be 40 anyways. More of an attache', so same thing only different.
1690504756470.png

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I was really just looking for something to load in and out of work truck but now I'm thinking I might want something a little nicer, lol. Something leather for nights out on the town (going to Walmart  and Sonic)

Found this at a work center today, a messenger tool bag. Has some side pouches and some loops on the inside. Price is right for sure, $0. Well that and another piece of my soul....
View attachment 206965
Very handy looking...

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Me too ! Anything old.

Coach made some awesome solid leather messenger bags about 30+ years ago. I love the thought of having one, but the reason I don't is that I know they'd never be big enough to hold all the junk I tote around. Anyone who loves that kind of thing, though, and doesn't need a huge bag, should check them out on eBay. Old Dooney & Bourke and Brighton pieces are made of great leather, too, but they're much less classic-looking, and I can't imagine a man carrying either of those brands.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Coach made some awesome solid leather messenger bags about 30+ years ago. I love the thought of having one, but the reason I don't is that I know they'd never be big enough to hold all the junk I tote around. Anyone who loves that kind of thing, though, and doesn't need a huge bag, should check them out on eBay. Old Dooney & Bourke and Brighton pieces are made of great leather, too, but they're much less classic-looking, and I can't imagine a man carrying either of those brands.
I still use a Coach wallet circa 1995 (?)
Can't remember what I paid for it, but it was high at the time. Has paid back in multiples over using a bunch of cheap ones.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I still use a Coach wallet circa 1995 (?)
Can't remember what I paid for it, but it was high at the time. Has paid back in multiples over using a bunch of cheap ones.

Brag time. Here's my vintage USA made coach duffel. When it's filled you can better see the shape of it.

Coach 1.JPG
Coach 3.JPG

Sara Lee bought Coach in 1985, moved the manufacturing to China, and were surprised when sales dropped off a cliff because it was no longer worth the price tag when it was no longer hand stitched from good leather. I think SL sold it off in 2001 or 2002. You might have bought yours around 1995. The remaining original hand made USA pieces remained in the market until they were all gone. Some of them wound up in discount places like Ross and Burlington Coat Factory. I got my first Coach purse in the 90's at Ross for an unbelievable price, stll with the little perfectly stitched plaque inside, embossed "Made in USA". Then I started collecting the vintage USA made pieces on Ebay and occasionally in thrift shops.

You got me started, didn't you.

BigEmptySky

Member For 5 Years
How about a NutSac?

I have the Mag-Satch 11. It can carry many mods and accessories with room to spare.

They have many other NutSac's, different sizes. I reckon the size one needs all depends how big ones nuts are.

VU Sponsors