Become a Patron!

I need a cloud chasing coil build

I have 26g. & 28g kanthal wire. I'm definitely a beginner to building. Considering the amount of flavor a plume veil provides I'mlooking for a coil build for vaporproduction. Should I build a dual triple or a quad? I just want a simple build and huge clouds, I'm rockin' a 50w istick and plume veil.2015-03-26_15.21.09.jpg

Attachments

• ATT_1429133631125_image.jpg
    ATT_1429133631125_image.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 67

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vapin'Pretty, I'll move your thread to our cloud chasing area where it will get seen by the crew there to help you out, Welcome to VU, glad you found us:)

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What builds have you tried so far? How did you feel about them?

Regardless, I would say to start simple. Dual coils and dual parallels work well. I spent all night doing a quad build and didn't like it one bit better than my dual parallel builds. I don't have any experience with the iStick 50 but you might want to try 26ga macro coils, 8-10 wraps. Always cranked to 50w. I use an 1/8" drill bit to wrap around most of the time. It makes for a coil that is easy to wick, but there's a thousand ways to wrap and wick a coil. 28ga parallel coils might produce more vapor but they won't be as easy to wrap.

Your mod limits you a little. A mechanical mod might open up your options to include 26ga parallel coils (one of my favorites for clouds and flavor). They usually clock in at just under 0.2 ohms though. Something to consider down the road. :)

I use http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp to see how many wraps I need. Make sure to input all of the data correctly (gauge of wire, diameter, desired resistance). There's a option for metric or standard depending on which you are more comfortable with. If you get to playing with the calculator see if you can get the "heat flux" up and the "heat capacity" down, as a general rule. I open new tabs in my browser so I can compare two or more coil setups.

As usual I might have just muddied the waters instead of helping. :(

Good luck!

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I should have already mentioned, you are going to want some good quality name brand batteries for this endeavor. Samsung 25r, LG HE2, and LG HE4 are all good choices. Be wary of ANY battery that states it's above 20A. From what I understand, they are lying. Sony VTC4 are 30A but it's really easy to get fake VTC4s. You don't want to take a chance with sub-par batteries when you are pushing them this hard.

Get a mechanical mod it's easier. I think that thing goes to like 50 watts so you can only build to around maybe a .7 or .6 to get the right amount of power drawn. I'd say you'd be better off taking your 26g around like a 7/64 drill bit about 8 or 9 times. Double check the ohms tho!

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I should have already mentioned, you are going to want some good quality name brand batteries for this endeavor. Samsung 25r, LG HE2, and LG HE4 are all good choices. Be wary of ANY battery that states it's above 20A. From what I understand, they are lying. Sony VTC4 are 30A but it's really easy to get fake VTC4s. You don't want to take a chance with sub-par batteries when you are pushing them this hard.
Use only ASE approved batteries, Get them @ Auto Zone. 12 V. If your not scared yet, you should be. A Mod is just a device that shorts a coil to heat the coil. produces That sweet Vape I love so well. Anything is possible.

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What builds have you tried so far? How did you feel about them?

Regardless, I would say to start simple. Dual coils and dual parallels work well. I spent all night doing a quad build and didn't like it one bit better than my dual parallel builds. I don't have any experience with the iStick 50 but you might want to try 26ga macro coils, 8-10 wraps. Always cranked to 50w. I use an 1/8" drill bit to wrap around most of the time. It makes for a coil that is easy to wick, but there's a thousand ways to wrap and wick a coil. 28ga parallel coils might produce more vapor but they won't be as easy to wrap.

Your mod limits you a little. A mechanical mod might open up your options to include 26ga parallel coils (one of my favorites for clouds and flavor). They usually clock in at just under 0.2 ohms though. Something to consider down the road. :)

I use http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp to see how many wraps I need. Make sure to input all of the data correctly (gauge of wire, diameter, desired resistance). There's a option for metric or standard depending on which you are more comfortable with. If you get to playing with the calculator see if you can get the "heat flux" up and the "heat capacity" down, as a general rule. I open new tabs in my browser so I can compare two or more coil setups.

As usual I might have just muddied the waters instead of helping. :(

Good luck!
Dude I think you confused me too... I think:confused::confused:

VaporIQ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 26g. & 28g kanthal wire. I'm definitely a beginner to building. Considering the amount of flavor a plume veil provides I'mlooking for a coil build for vaporproduction. Should I build a dual triple or a quad? I just want a simple build and huge clouds, I'm rockin' a 50w istick and plume veil.View attachment 19552
Pretty sweet nails you got there:D

icharliex

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 26g. & 28g kanthal wire. I'm definitely a beginner to building. Considering the amount of flavor a plume veil provides I'mlooking for a coil build for vaporproduction. Should I build a dual triple or a quad? I just want a simple build and huge clouds, I'm rockin' a 50w istick and plume veil.View attachment 19552
I personally recommend what im at now which is a triple tiger coil setup.
Mine is currently at 0.25 ohms and is drawing about 55w out of my mech mod.
If you do make a setup like this at about 0.25 ohms, set your istick to 3.4 volts this will draw about 46w.
I know you posted this a while ago so your probably sorted, but thought I would just let you know as 3 tiger coils at 0.25 ohms throws some decent clouds.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'll simply state this. If you want "clouds bro", you aren't gonna get there with the 50 watt device you have. Even a good cloud tank like the TFV4 and the Crown, need more wattage.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't know what the OP expects from a 50w device for "clouds" as I agree with @freemind..
b3e99f098856d6d732dcab7986fd9d1f.jpg
The15Ow IPV3/Dark Horse on the left blows good clouds at 75-80w that might not win a comp but will fog my room in a heartbeat..lol.
fa04be3f632887ebf53f2cdde2106bb6.jpg
it was alot of fun blowin those clouds under the blacklight with a dual 24g buld at 80w, lololol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

icharliex

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll simply state this. If you want "clouds bro", you aren't gonna get there with the 50 watt device you have. Even a good cloud tank like the TFV4 and the Crown, need more wattage.
Very true statement, 50 watts aint gonna throw alot of clouds.

VU Sponsors