Become a Patron!

i made the "jump"

On a previous post i metiomed i would like a tank that could offer more flavor so i can jump away from my natulis mini and move on to something more technical and interesting. Many users suggested the subtank so i went ahead and purchased the Kanger subtank plus (after hearing hundreds after hundreds of good things about it). For $35.00 + $5.50 USPS Priority shipping = $40.50 But i am still stuck on that "basic tank mode" im not totally aware on sub-ohming (as this rank has that option but also come with a 1.2 ohm coil) but im not clueless on it. Wondering if anyone can give some tips on this tank? This is gonna be my first rebuildable and to be honest i dont even wanna open the box until i know almost everything about it:p:D. I have yet to fund a good IN DEPTH reveiw....:(

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok first thinsg first
sub ohming basically means your running coils below 1 ohm
this matters because at that resistance level the coil produces ALOT more vapor at one time

So you need to be prepared for that.
The tank you bought can put out 2-4 times the vapor you are use to.

SO the first thing you will need to do is get used to that much vapor.

even though the 1.2 ohm coil is not technically sub-ohm. it still puts out alot more vapor then you are use to

So when you get it install that coil

Now with these coils its important to PRIME THEM

this means making sure that cotton is good and wet before firing it.

To do this drip juice on the two hole on the side of the coil where you see white
several drops is needed over a 10-20 second period allowing the juice to soak in.
Then several drops in the top hole as well

Now you are going to have 2 ways to increase the amount of vapor this produces
1. your watts - more watts means more vapor
2.airflow - more air means more vapor

on the botton of the tank is a ring with a hole in it
this is your airflow ring
it has 3 positions
1, tiny hole
2 medium hole
3 big hole

start with the in hole

start with the lowest watt setting and slowly increase it until its just too much for you then back it off.

when your comfortable here
turn the airflow ring to the next setting

you may need to back down your watts

get comfortable with this
then increase wattage to the most you can handle

repeat this process again by moving the airflow ring to the biggest hole and playing with your watts some more

generally a 1.2ohm coil can go about 20 watts- i say 20 because you are most likely getting the newer vertical coil design which can take more power.

after you are comfortable using you 1.2 ohm coil

try the .5 ohm coil and play around with airflow and watts to get comfortable there

the .5 ohm coil can take as much as 30 watts but i run mine usually in the 20-22 w range
its all preference there.

this process may take you a few hours to a few weeks, everyone is different.

while you are getting us eto this
start watching video on coil building
and find out everything you can about that,
once you are totally comfortable using yje .5 ohm coil with full airflow then try building coils.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Might I suggest getting a second tank ;)

I use the same tank, but cleanup can be a pain in the arse on the road. Especially if you use multiple flavors.

As far as reviews, I've seen a few. They are like you said, lacking. There is/was a flaw in the coil production, that makes for the occasional hard to fit issue. I'm guessing this is/was a machine out of spec issue. Because it only happens with a few coils. I haven't noticed this issue with the vertical coils or the RBD.

Mine leak, if I lay them down. But I work in a high vibration environment, this could be a factor.

Leaking can be reduced, by insuring the tank is tightly sealed. I'm lazy, so it took a couple of days for me to realize I wasn't getting the glass tightened against the seal as needed. Don't do this while it's on your battery, do it before you place it on. Altitude changes can also cause leaks, massive leaks!:oops:

Cleaning: We all have different expectations. But I like to take mine down completely. The glass can be a tight fit, so soak in warm water, then use a pair of rubber gloves for extra grip. Simple twist and remove. Or take the lazy way, rinse the tank and call it done.

Bad Coils: You'll get the occasional quick burn out. But the majority of mine have lasted at least a week, most last a bit longer.

I like this tank for a multitude of reasons. The main reason, the amount of juice it holds. :D I'm sure there is better out there. And I'll be buying a third in the future, as I'm often in an impossible situation to refill a tank. As a rule, I top the tank off when the juice hits the top edge of the coil. Not required, but it's what I do.

High VG: I use 80%+ VG and have had few issues with juice flow or dry hits. I do have a habit of chain vaping occasionally. If you use a high VG mix and chain vape. I recommend hitting on the tip a couple of times, without firing the cart. To insure the coils have plenty of juice.

Flooding vs Leaking: This hasn't really been an issue for me. Other than the occasions I get over zealous while priming a new coil. A quick tip here. Slide the valve to the large opening, and clean inside the opening. I use a napkin or paper towel twisted tightly so it will go into the opening easily and wick up any excess fluid. Otherwise, you quickly discover juice everywhere. A gurgling noise is a dead give away that you'll need to wick the base soon.

VU Sponsors