Become a Patron!

I just want someone else to see.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This is my second build in this. The first build was using premade 28 agw ss 316l micro coils. They were very fragile. One burned through at the positive post. This build is much better. Ss 316l, 26 agw, 3mm, 6 wraps, ohms out to .14.
20200311_164130.jpg
Sorry for the poor quality. But I just wanted someone else to see. Peace and love to all.
Rick

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
This is my second build in this. The first build was using premade 28 agw ss 316l micro coils. They were very fragile. One burned through at the positive post. This build is much better. Ss 316l, 26 agw, 3mm, 6 wraps, ohms out to .14.
View attachment 156988
Sorry for the poor quality. But I just wanted someone else to see. Peace and love to all.
Rick

Rick,
Are you getting better flavor from the vertical coil set-up?
I've got a couple of decks I could try it on, but just haven't yet.....

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rick,
Are you getting better flavor from the vertical coil set-up?
I've got a couple of decks I could try it on, but just haven't yet.....
It is good, but I think it can be much better. I am still getting the wicking down. That is a fairly small deck (22mm). The wick takes up space and restricts air flow.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This thing is a pita to build anything bigger than 2mm coils.

natebuchanan

Member For 4 Years
Yes sir. Still looking for a better way to wick this thing. Any sugestions?
I wick from the top down on my quad vertical coils on mine. And yes, it’s a major pain, and doesn’t hold much liquid. I find myself rebuilding this atty once every six months or so, and every time it reminds me why I hardly ever use it. It was great a few years ago when there wasn’t much better, and it’s still fun to reminisce while using every once in a while, but I need something with an 810 drip tip nowadays.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I wick from the top down on my quad vertical coils on mine. And yes, it’s a major pain, and doesn’t hold much liquid. I find myself rebuilding this atty once every six months or so, and every time it reminds me why I hardly ever use it. It was great a few years ago when there wasn’t much better, and it’s still fun to reminisce while using every once in a while, but I need something with an 810 drip tip nowadays.
So does each coil get it"s own wick? Or like 2 to a wick, looped over the top with cut end down in juice well?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So does each coil get it"s own wick? Or like 2 to a wick, looped over the top with cut end down in juice well?

I would go with the two to one wick as you say in the second case, if you're going to be dripping and can "paint it up" with juice thick. Otherwise I'd be using a single wick per coil. Yes I've played some with vertical coils, not much but enough to know for myself.

VU Sponsors