Become a Patron!

I have my Sigelei figured out, is temp control that much better?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i found the Heavape invader 50w mod online. It seems interesting. I have also seen all the posts, although not read any, about how people love their TC mods. Are they that much better or just a gimmick? My Sig 150 box mod has been flawless.

Thanks

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I would hold off till they can get one that is working 100% of the time with like Ti. outside of that my sigelei has crushed whatever has topped it.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I prefer temp control over regular power mode best thing with these mods is that you don't have to use the temp control feature and its still a good high wattage mod.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would have to say more flavor is the main difference. Same, meh, maybe a little less vape than a watt mod I guess because where I like my temp as it turns out to be a little lower than what I would dial into on a watt mod.
But you can really dial in your coil for the juice that your running and get the best flavor out of it.
Consistency
Wicks last longer

Sounds like sx mini has an update coming for Ti wire ;)

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would have to say more flavor is the main difference. Same, meh, maybe a little less vape than a watt mod I guess because where I like my temp as it turns out to be a little lower than what I would dial into on a watt mod.
But you can really dial in your coil for the juice that your running and get the best flavor out of it.
Consistency
Wicks last longer

Sounds like sx mini has an update coming for Ti wire ;)

I guess since I DIY and vape about everything I make 22-25 watts this wouldn't really be a difference for me. I don't sub ohm or use high temps now. All good information. Thanks everyone.

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Temp control is aimed more at lower power anyway.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Back in my watt days I would build to 0.4 ~ 0.5 ohms and run 25 ~ 40 depending on how much air flow the aty had. So nothing crazy.

I don't think it's about sub ohm or no sub ohm, it's about dialing in your coil temp to what works best for your juice (fruit/desert). Watt mode you can build temp slowly to perfect temp for your juice or you can quickly heat up the coil (like you would want) and most likely over shoot prime temp in less than a second and not knowingly leave your perfect vape elusive.

I guess I will leave with this, I was happy with watt until I tried joules :)

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
For me, it really did not seem to make a huge difference so I went back to my usual Kanthal builds and straight up VW.

Never had an issue with dry hits or burning wick unless I packed the wick into the coil too tight.

But if you prefer TC by all means go with your bliss!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After you've dripped for a while you get to know a wick that's drying out, worst case I would get a dryish hit and know that I need to drip. I didn't choose tc for that.

I also don't like a hot, blow you out, 100w with a 0.2 coil so I thought tc would be right up my alley. It is, lets me dial in exactly what I want, I can run the power higher to stoke the coil up to temp faster but limit temp to avoid a hot vape.

More customizable, want a slow path to a hot vape? Slow roll to a cool vape? Fast track to a cool vape? Set your power to get to temp separate of your target temp.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
After you've dripped for a while you get to know a wick that's drying out, worst case I would get a dryish hit and know that I need to drip. I didn't choose tc for that.

I also don't like a hot, blow you out, 100w with a 0.2 coil so I thought tc would be right up my alley. It is, lets me dial in exactly what I want, I can run the power higher to stoke the coil up to temp faster but limit temp to avoid a hot vape.

More customizable, want a slow path to a hot vape? Slow roll to a cool vape? Fast track to a cool vape? Set your power to get to temp separate of your target temp.

Not understanding all this but I don't know anything about TC. If I buy another device I will probably get a device that does both TC and VW. I only use the Sig 150 now as my MVP 2.0 will not go high enough. My batteries last two days. Spent a lot of money over the past months so I am taking a break for a while. Maybe in a few months or Christmas I will get another device and another ehPro Veritas, as that has become my favorite RDA, to date.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The ipv3 Li or the evic vt is a great temp mod and using Ti is better then ni200 imo

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Steamin Demon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
TC has some distinct advantages.
I look at it this way ...some people drive a Lexus and some of us prefer a muscle car.
I don't really care or need the frills of the luxury car.
Preferring to shred the hell out of the tires on my sig 150 with a 454 big block under the hood. Better wear a helmet because there is no protection from the feared dry hit though!
If you don't mind spending the money you might get a good tc mod, you mig love it and if you don't, you can turn it off. You can never have too many mods right?

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Love my temo
Control Its pushing flavor a bit further and I am ecstatic with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bkvalpo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The evic VT has a TI, No, and Vw mode (60w). Mine will be here Monday, pretty excited.
Got mine 3 weeks ago have tried the ni coil and the ti coil prefer the ni for flavor this past week I bought the Snow Wolf 200w and love love it use Kennedy competition on it and love flavor and clouds. Use Snow Wolf for HUGE Clouds

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got mine 3 weeks ago have tried the ni coil and the ti coil prefer the ni for flavor this past week I bought the Snow Wolf 200w and love love it use Kennedy competition on it and love flavor and clouds. Use Snow Wolf for HUGE Clouds
Those coil heads are poop. I can't vape anything lower than 70vg, those juice ports are just too small.

L

Lighty269

I now have several TC devices and won't look back. I prefer the Ti with Rayon builds over Ni200 premade.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I now have several TC devices and won't look back. I prefer the Ti with Rayon builds over Ni200 premade.
Does rayon have a higher/lower scorch point than Japanese cotton?

bkvalpo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Those coil heads are poop. I can't vape anything lower than 70vg, those juice ports are just too small.
I guess to each their own. I have no problem vapin lower than 70 vg, ni coils are the bomb to me and I have never had any problem

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I guess to each their own. I have no problem vapin lower than 70 vg, ni coils are the bomb to me and I have never had any problem
I'm PG sensitive. Sore throat, rash on my chest, hard to breath.
I had a generous member send me a clr coil head for the ego one mega. Wicking with that is no problem. Stock heads just can't keep up!

bkvalpo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm PG sensitive. Sore throat, rash on my chest, hard to breath.
I had a generous member send me a clr coil head for the ego one mega. Wicking with that is no problem. Stock heads just can't keep up!
CurlyxCracker - sorry to hear that you have a sensitivity to PG - that is horrible - You did not mention that. Stay away for sure and so happy to hear that there are STILL GREAT people out there

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
CurlyxCracker - sorry to hear that you have a sensitivity to PG - that is horrible - You did not mention that. Stay away for sure and so happy to hear that there are STILL GREAT people out there
Yea I suppose I should have to better explain why I thought those coils are poop.

Btw shout out to @Discobob for the clr head!

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also wish I could find a rba for the Arctic! I've searched on person claimed the Sega Tank Rba would fit but others say it definitely doesn't...

EDIT: I know the Arctic has or will have ni200 heads but I don't like paying even the cost of the regular heads at $3 a pop in a 5 pack. Local B&M sells singles for $4 and change a piece!

Stepinrazor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Same thing, same guy said Atlantis coils fit arctic, others say they won't...

I have the Sega RBA deck, was planning on using it in my Silo Beast. I will test later to see if it fits the Artic and feedback.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the Sega RBA deck, was planning on using it in my Silo Beast. I will test later to see if it fits the Artic and feedback.
Awesome! Looking forward to see if it works

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TC has some distinct advantages.
I look at it this way ...some people drive a Lexus and some of us prefer a muscle car.
I don't really care or need the frills of the luxury car.
Preferring to shred the hell out of the tires on my sig 150 with a 454 big block under the hood. Better wear a helmet because there is no protection from the feared dry hit though!

I think temp control will benefit greatly with the higher powered chip sets coming out like the dna200..
You will be able to "shred the hell out of your tires" without the dry hit.
If all you're doing is building kanthal coils, then it's a waste of money IMO.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think temp control will benefit greatly with the higher powered chip sets coming out like the dna200..
You will be able to "shred the hell out of your tires" without the dry hit.
If all you're doing is building kanthal coils, then it's a waste of money IMO.
Dude, in my belief 200w is just far to much for temp control mode. 60w on my Evic VT hits temperature in less than a second

gliv52759

Member For 4 Years
TC with Ti all day, everyday. Since figuring out tc with the ti coils I haven't used any of my vv/vw mods. It's definitely a better customizable vape.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You don't need to use 200 watts just cause its a 200 watt device. I'm quite sure it will vape just fine at lower wattages. When you wanna get silly the power is there.

VU Sponsors