Become a Patron!

I have just received my Hana Modz DNA30 from Focalecig!

TheDude

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh ok, got it. I'm glad I got the Focal one then, and cheaper, too. But to be fair, the new FT version may be very good, won't know till someone who actually sees them and can report on them first hand.

@UncleRJ The reason I was asking about the 510 is that someone said the new FT version may have the adjustable 510 contection...?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The one that is 43.00 at FT is , i believe , the one Focalecig has been selling, most think it's a KSD, it may be very good , too early to tell . FT's version is the Hotcig for $52.00 or 56.00 .

zanzabar78

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The only issue I've had is the crappy 510. They say it's a floating 510, I dunno if it is but it's crap. The glue job on the inside is shoddy, took the old glue off (wasn't hard, was such a bad job it fell off with a single touch) and redid it

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, many of these Hana clones can be fixed easily and it's not difficult to add an authentic chip either , still a good buy for the money imo.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ill know the quality of the focal ones if it gets here before christmas. im really starting to resent that damn chinese holiday lol got me vaping on mechs all fucking day every day

L

Lighty269

So, the ones focal sells (and now FT) are the Hotcig v3's?

I ordered the grey one from Focal w/ coupon code came to $40.50, they also had a cool grey bag on sale for 98 cents to put the Hana in, also got updated shipping. I literally ordered hours before FT released the new Hana's. I figured it was a great deal for $40, it would cost more to buy the parts and build it myself.

On Focalecig it shows no logo, (unlike the FT version) which is what I wanted, or does it come with a logo and they just don't show it on their site, does anyone know?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

What coupon code did you use?

TheDude

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaporjoes FSVJ10 for 10% off then click the upgraded shipping for $1.50 in the lower left hand corner (once added it will be free). Search for "grey bag" add that for .98 cents, there were only a few left, looks to be the a little bigger than the dimensions of the Hana and looks like a good match; took a gamble for under a buck.

zanzabar78

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Strange issue : on a 1.5 coil if I put my Kayfun on my spinner at 4.3v tastes fine, same with 11 watts on itaste vv3, but on the Hana anything above 8.5w is burnt, any ideas ?

L

Lighty269

I have the same issue with my mech and this device, I was thinking it may have something to do with the unit sends out pules.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

zanzabar78

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
According to my testing it pulses.
I have a crap no name battery in there now, vtc4 on the way, I don't know much about electronics but I'm hoping in some way that's the issue

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
According to my testing it pulses.

My Fasttech HANA MODZ Pack DNA 30 Style Mod does not pulse except when the reqiested output is under battery voltage. At normal operating levels it is a DC - DC switching output on my scope. It does read resistance correctly up to 1.8Ω but any higher than that and it mis-reads and add .4Ω. This also causes higher output voltage due to the device thinking there is a higher resistance coil attached than actually is.

L

Lighty269

My Fasttech HANA MODZ Pack DNA 30 Style Mod does not pulse except when the reqiested output is under battery voltage. At normal operating levels it is a DC - DC switching output on my scope. It does read resistance correctly up to 1.8Ω but any higher than that and it mis-reads and add .4Ω. This also causes higher output voltage due to the device thinking there is a higher resistance coil attached than actually is.

On my scope and fluke meter it does pulse, does not matter what resistance or voltage setting I am using either. The resistance has been off at times by .1.

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
On my scope and fluke meter it does pulse, does not matter what resistance or voltage setting I am using either. The resistance has been off at times by .1.

Would really like to see your scope trace with a 1.5Ω coil at the earlier stated burnt setting of 8.5 watts. I would suggest if your device is pulsing you have a defective unit as these are not PWM but DC-DC. Can you upload a signal trace at those settings?

L

Lighty269

Would really like to see your scope trace with a 1.5Ω coil at the earlier stated burnt setting of 8.5 watts. I would suggest if your device is pulsing you have a defective unit as these are not PWM but DC-DC. Can you upload a signal trace at those settings?

It will have to waite until I get back up to Toledo, so you think I may have a bad unit? What would explain the dry hits?

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It will have to waite until I get back up to Toledo, so you think I may have a bad unit? What would explain the dry hits?

If it is truly pulsing throughout all power ranges that indicates something is amiss. So I'm betting that your signal is not at the correct output voltage or duty cycle if it is pulsing. I did see some pulsing in my signal traces when the power settings required less than batter voltage to reach that power with the lower Ohm atty's. I'm still not sure what that signal is as the DNA 30 & Clones do not have buck down circuitry. Would like to see your signal trace at the 8.5 w and say 20 w settings to compare to mine.

L

Lighty269

If it is truly pulsing throughout all power ranges that indicates something is amiss. So I'm betting that your signal is not at the correct output voltage or duty cycle if it is pulsing. I did see some pulsing in my signal traces when the power settings required less than batter voltage to reach that power with the lower Ohm atty's. I'm still not sure what that signal is as the DNA 30 & Clones do not have buck down circuitry. Would like to see your signal trace at the 8.5 w and say 20 w settings to compare to mine.

If it is not pulse, what would explain the dry hits?

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If it is not pulse, what would explain the dry hits?

If it is not pulsing and your output DC voltage is correct for the resistance atty and power settings then you would need to look into your atty build.

L

Lighty269

If it is not pulsing and your output DC voltage is correct for the resistance atty and power settings then you would need to look into your atty build.

I am not trying to argue with you, pulse is not the same as AC. I won't be back up north for a couple of weeks.

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am not trying to argue with you, pulse is not the same as AC. I won't be back up north for a couple of weeks.

Not arguing with you either, just answering your questions to the best of my ability. I'm aware of what PWM is and what AC is and I don't believe I implied anywhere we were talking about AC.

L

Lighty269

Not arguing with you either, just answering your questions to the best of my ability. I'm aware of what PWM is and what AC is and I don't believe I implied anywhere we were talking about AC.

Cool! We are almost on the same page, I saw PWM on the techtronics.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, the mod I won in the contest sponsored by our friend Doris at Focalecig just arrived about two hours ago.

Thank you Miss Doris!

These are just my fist observations and I will be reviewing after I have run a number of tanks empty on it and I try the charging function.

It arrived in great condition in a box that indicated what it was which contained the device itself, the micro USB charging cable and an very basic instruction booklet.

At first glance it looks really well made except for a paint chip on one of the top corners.

Well not quite, it turned out to be something very much like a small piece of rubber cement and it came right off.

Problem solved. Looks really nice and has a well built feel to it.

I had a freshly charged 2250 mAh battery waiting for it.

I opened it up, screws were longer than I had anticipated from some reviews from other places so I removed them and took of the cover.

The battery compartment is plainly marked with the +/- polarity so you know which end goes where. The compartment for the wiring is covered and sealed with the little hologram stickers that say Hana Modz. The contacts look good and the wires are soldered to it and the 510 connector nicely.

I but the battery in, and buttoned it up and it vapes like a champ. Buttons are firm and feel crisp and the display is easy to read. There is no battery rattle which seems to be a complaint with some of the clones. The battery fit in very snugly.

And at this point I like it quite a bit.

Here are two slightly odd things I noticed. The display dims and then it goes to sleep after about a minute and you need to tap a button to wake it back up. No biggy and hell yes I can live with that.

However, when you wake it back up, the display says..

Evolv
DNA

And then shows you the battery level, resistance (the same as it showed for the KFL+ on my genuine Evolv DNA 20 mod) and of course the wattage setting.

After vaping on it for an hour or so, I finally got around to reading the instructions. They tell me that it has the same warning and protection features that the Evolv chip has offers.

Here is where things get interesting.

All of the reviews I have seen for the Hana Clones warn you to NEVER EVER put the battery in backwards.

In the instruction manual it clearly says that this unit has reverse polarity protection.

Not that I intend on testing that claim.

Anyway, at this moment in time and without really putting it though the paces for a few days at least, I would say that this mod is a steal for $56 shipped!
Eh, I'm a little jealous. I paid 69.99 for my Cloupor DNA 30 (but that was some time ago). Happy ur enjoying it. Any suggestions on "How to Get the Best Out of Your Regulated Box Mod"?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I recently received my group buy hanaa. Works fine. It will eventually get a fdv 510 and c&k buttons. Gonna try and find longer door screws also. I like the fact that this will be super easy to rebuild and all the parts are easily found. I'm really hoping the new wave of vw devices will push the 30w chip prices down.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I recently received my group buy hanaa. Works fine. It will eventually get a fdv 510 and c&k buttons. Gonna try and find longer door screws also. I like the fact that this will be super easy to rebuild and all the parts are easily found. I'm really hoping the new wave of vw devices will push the 30w chip prices down.

Yeah, that would be nice , i am perfectly happy with 30 watts.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, that would be nice , i am perfectly happy with 30 watts.
Did you hear about the new Evolve 40 with temperature control. I could use that now. My DNA 30 is telling me Too Hot. It's never said that before. You?

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
just got mine in

IMG_0306.jpg IMG_0307.jpg IMG_0308.jpg IMG_0309.jpg

a few things i noticed in contrast to cloupor:
softer buttons but still clicky
everytime screen turns off resistance zeros out and has about a 1 second start up time with "evolv dna"
light does turn green when battery is charged (unlike my cloupor)
slight, maybe half a second, delay between hitting fire button and firing
all dna functions work well, stealth mode etc
tiny bit smaller than cloupor

i assume its the same story with the ones from fast tech as well. now time for me to mix some juice and build a fresh coil, cheers

L

Lighty269

just got mine in

View attachment 7393 View attachment 7394 View attachment 7395 View attachment 7396

a few things i noticed in contrast to cloupor:
softer buttons but still clicky
everytime screen turns off resistance zeros out and has about a 1 second start up time with "evolv dna"
light does turn green when battery is charged (unlike my cloupor)
slight, maybe half a second, delay between hitting fire button and firing
all dna functions work well, stealth mode etc
tiny bit smaller than cloupor

i assume its the same story with the ones from fast tech as well. now time for me to mix some juice and build a fresh coil, cheers

Same here

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
forgot to mention that i think this 510 is (by the loosest definition) self adjusting. i say that because i can feel my kayfun making contact but i can keep screwing it down after it makes contact by a good few turns to sit flush. when i take it off and poke the 510 with the screwdriver it does move down and comes back up, but im not sure if that is by design or if the insulator is just giving it breathing room. just thought id share that

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did you hear about the new Evolve 40 with temperature control. I could use that now. My DNA 30 is telling me Too Hot. It's never said that before. You?

Don't have a real DNA but i don't run the clones at over 15 watts anyway so the answer is no .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Battery states a 18490 , not familiar with that one , would most likely prefer a snap in/out lipo pack like the FT mini's 800mAh each although i think it's misprinted .
No they are right its a 18490 batt in one of the pics they show the inside. I also heard people were having problems with the fasttech minis lipos.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't have a real DNA but i don't run the clones at over 15 watts anyway so the answer is no .
I flubbed up. Forgot that You can't run anything below .3 ohms on this. It's a Clouper DNA 30 and it's been working fine for me (had it about 3 mths)

cobalt327

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My group buy Hanaa DNA 30 clone came in Monday, at no point does the display dim- it is bright during 1 minute of inactivity then goes straight to sleep. Anyone else seeing this?

Also I'm seeing no error on resistance displayed, it says 2 ohms on a 2 ohm coil, it agrees w/my Smok meter as well as my Fluke VOM. Haven't checked at higher resistance as I don't usually use anything much over 1.5 ohms.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With current Kayfun build MVP2 says 1.8ohm and focal box says 1.9ohm. Close enough for guvment work. Haven't seen reports of reading low, only high sometimes. Sounds like chip is consistent, but wires, grounds and solder joints are not. Probably depends on the person actually building each box.

Last edited:

cobalt327

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What about the display going straight to sleep, w/o dimming, after 1 min. of inactivity?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine doesn't dim before going to sleep, the only time I have noticed it dimming, is when the battery is down to about 25%, maybe to conserve the power left.

VU Sponsors