Become a Patron!

I guess it's bugs now too...

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The US Gov is indicting drug maker execs, NYP let’s talk about that.

Sent from the dark side of the moon.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Chlamydia? Where the hell are they sticking those PODs? WTFH Man. Enough of this fake propaganda already.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am not versed in the vernacular of this domain of expertise and I intend to research a bit further, but from my read, assuming English is still English, this study actually establishes exactly nothing.
I beg to differ...what it establishes is well paying jobs to disreputable idiots who would swear their own mothers were Jack the Ripper if someone paid them to....

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Expect more of these types of reports on ejuice since NO standards exist for it's contents or manufacture in the USA.

Edit I think maybe a couple of states set up cleanliness standards for the manufacture of ejuice.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the impression that these folks reported their findings honestly.

The trouble is in the design of the study and how those findings are to be used, which they themselves acknowledge.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I beg to differ...what it establishes is well paying jobs to disreputable idiots who would swear their own mothers were Jack the Ripper if someone paid them to....
There was a lot of " may have" or "may" and no direct conclusion. Nor was there any single product pointed to or product that may have been acceptable
No comparison to other products such as lettuce or milk. If they truly found a potential problem I would like to know what products were tested by name. The study was funded by NIOSH and sounds as a specific result was expected....

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In other words, I think they found what they say they found. However, it's what they found that adds up to what amounts to nothing.

LOD? (level of detection.) That seems to be the key to these kinds of studies. They say that the presence of ____________ exceeds the LOD. Which simply means that it was detectable and in this case, by infinitesimally small amounts when it was detectable at all. Which wasn't close to even a simple majority of samples.

To their credit, they raise a list of relevant parameters, not present in this study, but which would need to be in a future one in order to actually establish any health risk whatsoever.

They tested cartridges and liquid, but never in it's heated and vaporized state. They recognize that heated and vaporized liquid is likely to yield different results.

They say that flavors containing fruit had more of one contaminant than the tobacco based flavors, but by very small amounts. A sentence clearly edited from the middle of the statement by the NYP writer.

They speculate, and SAY they are speculating, that because fruit can also host this contaminant, maybe it was the fruit used in the manufacturing process that accounts for it.

I wonder how much then might be in the fruit we actually eat that nobody seems too alarmed about. How bout powdered spices and, jellies, jams etc?

My problem is more with the reportage, than the study itself in this case.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There was a lot of " may have" or "may" and no direct conclusion. Nor was there any single product pointed to or product that may have been acceptable
No comparison to other products such as lettuce or milk. If they truly found a potential problem I would like to know what products were tested by name. The study was funded by NIOSH and sounds as a specific result was expected....
Yep, I was writing my last post when you posted yours.

It's like the old antifreeze trick.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
In other words, I think they found what they say they found. However, it's what they found that adds up to what amounts to nothing.

LOD? (level of detection.) That seems to be the key to these kinds of studies. They say that the presence of ____________ exceeds the LOD. Which simply means that it was detectable and in this case, by infinitesimally small amounts when it was detectable at all. Which wasn't close to even a simple majority of samples.

To their credit, they raise a list of relevant parameters, not present in this study, but which would need to be in a future one in order to actually establish any health risk whatsoever.

They tested cartridges and liquid, but never in it's heated and vaporized state. They recognize that heated and vaporized liquid is likely to yield different results.

They say that fruit containing flavors had more of one contaminant than the tobacco based flavors, but by very small amounts. A sentence clearly edited from the middle of the statement by the NYP writer.

They speculate, and SAY they are speculating, that because fruit can also host this contaminant, maybe it was the fruit used in the manufacturing process that accounts for it.

I wonder how much then might be in the fruit we actually eat that nobody seems too alarmed about. How bout powdered spices and, jellies, jams etc?

My problem is more with the reportage, than the study itself in this case.
I realized after I posted that I neglected to add the question about vaporization and heat. By not knowing who or where the samples came from deletes the ability to determine if place of mfg or whether or not these were imported from out side the US. Does these findings indicate possibly represent something that occurs in the base liquids. All they actually did was testing and not a study of what was occurring...

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
People have been vaping a considerable amount of time...can you imagine how many millions of gallons of e-juice that has been consumed by now......and yet we don't see massive epidemics sweeping among the vaping community,we don't even see common ailments specifically hitting vapers.......except of Shinyitis....

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i find it funny that these article while could be true about what @gsmit1 said also have to throw in the whole child hood vaping is on the rise which tells me that they want to lead you to thinking the poor kids will get an STD from vaping...

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Could be as simple as a cost effective attempt to get some funds from the ANTZ and government.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i find it funny that these article while could be true about what @gsmit1 said also have to throw in the whole child hood vaping is on the rise which tells me that they want to lead you to thinking the poor kids will get an STD from vaping...
Ahh parents and those childhood scare tactics.
I am STILL not blind at 65 :)

Google 'The lies our parents told us' :)

VU Sponsors