Become a Patron!

I guess I need to adjust my vg/pg percentages again

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I started DIY I did 80/20 vg/pg. my chest started bothering. I adjusted my ratio to 65/35 vg/pg. didn't seem to have issues. I did some 70/30 pg/vg with no chest issues just throat soreness. Maybe I need to try 60/40 vg/pg. I do like the flavor and smoothness of higher vg but don't think I can handle it. I have a large graduated cylinder coming so making the base will be easier this time.

I always make a 3.0 mg nic base. If more flavorings are used less nic. No big deal.

Do you think 3.0 mg could be too much due to the increased vapor on the dripped? I get no throat hit at all and use no cinnamon.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Drink more water.
VG will dry your ass out like a mummy.

hugh janus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use around 75/25 Pg/Vg. If I don't use mostly Pg I just can't feel the throat hit which is my addiction. I tried to use almost no Vg but too much of a good thing is no good either. At very hi Pg the juice is too watery, leaks out of the tank like a stuck pig and the juice didn't have any "body" on the inhale... hard to describe that part of it. At mostly Vg, I could just keep inhaling without the expected throat hit causing me to have to stop. I didn't like it at all. As a side note, try talking while exhaling very hi Vg. I can't do it Lol. I have no voice exhaling Hi Vg. It's not a big deal as I don't routinely give speeches while vaping but I found that very odd and a little annoying.

Last edited:

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use around 75/25 Pg/Vg. If I don't use mostly Pg I just can't feel the throat hit which is my addiction. I tried to use almost no Vg but too much of a good thing is no good either. At very hi Pg the juice is too watery, leaks out of the tank like a stuck pig and the juice didn't have any "body" on the inhale... hard to describe that part of it. At mostly Vg, I could just keep inhaling without the expected throat hit causing me to have to stop. I didn't like it at all. As a side note, try talking while exhaling very hi Vg. I can't do it Lol. I have no voice exhaling Hi Vg. It's not a big deal as I don't routinely give speeches while vaping but I found that very odd and a little annoying.

I understand completely. I also can't talk with my current 70 vg ratio and 70 pg is almost to watery for me. I can taste the pg and don't care for it. I do like the body with more vg. I think I will try a small batch of 50/50 and see how that goes. Hope that doesn't screw my recipes any. I will make two tried and true recipes and see how they taste.

I do need to drink more water but already feel like I drink like a fish. Living in an area with 6% humidity right now makes hydration even more difficult to maintain.

VU Sponsors