Become a Patron!

I experimented

So, I was given (what I believe is 26g nichrome)... I decided to experiment and so I took roughly 20 inches then cut it in half... folded each 10 inch piece in half.

So I have two 5in pieces, I then wrapped each piece 6x around a 3/32 Phillips head screwdriver. And my ohms are at .1

So my question is this... with the way I wrapped it, would it be called a dual parallel or dual contact?
I have, essentially, 2 pieces of wire wrapped together per each coil20150429_082949.jpg

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So, I was given (what I believe is 26g nichrome)... I decided to experiment and so I took roughly 20 inches then cut it in half... folded each 10 inch piece in half.

So I have two 5in pieces, I then wrapped each piece 6x around a 3/32 Phillips head screwdriver. And my ohms are at .1

So my question is this... with the way I wrapped it, would it be called a dual parallel or dual contact?
I have, essentially, 2 pieces of wire wrapped together per each coilView attachment 20180
Dual parallel! One of those looks kinda sloppy, clean it up when you rewick! Also be sure your batteries can handle that low of a resistance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dual parallel! One of those looks kinda sloppy, clean it up when you rewick! Also be sure your batteries can handle that low of a resistance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, the first one is. I tried fixing, but I couldn't get it to sit tight.

Thank you for clarifying, I thought I was calling it the right thing. Also, I'm using a regulated device (Sigelei 150w) and the device won't fire if something is wrong

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wouldn't be so sure of that.

If some putz were to stick a couple of icr's in there with 6 amp limits, crank that sucker to 150watts, and hit the fire button, I bet things could go very wrong, very quickly.

I'm sure you're probably using better batteries than that, but regulated technology only helps to keep you safe, its not a guarantee. My car has a million different electronic systems to keep things running properly and to keep me safe, but that all goes out the window if I fill the gas tank with water or diesel or nitro-methane or something.

VU Sponsors