Become a Patron!

I dropped my kangertech subox mini

As the tittle says I dropped my kangertech subox mini with the tank on it and battery in. I had it in my pocket and went to pull my car keys out and I guess the keys where under the subox or something any way it went from inside my pocket to my paved driveway. I stood there for about 30secend in shockand mad as all get out. Anyway the tank glass shatterd. so I went to my local shop and bought a new glass for the tank. But im a little worried something may have happened to my subox it's working and shows all the numbers fine but it did chip in 2 place's nothing bigger then the tip of a pen. I just dnt want to be vaping and the thing go off in my face I have only been vaping for mabey a month now. SORRY for the long sentence I tend to rant. I hope some one will give me there to sence and let me know if its still safe and wont blow up. justlooking for a second opinion if pic's are needed I can TRY and get them on here by 2night or tomorrow morning. THANK YOU for even reading this and THANK you to any one who reply's. Have a great day :)

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If its working fine and you have noticed no issues I wouldn't worry about it blowing up in your face, if you broke it or damaged it internally it would show right away, as long as nothing is loose and shaking around I wouldn't worry about it. They are pretty well built little devices, I don't own one but my buddy has one and it seems pretty stout.

texan279

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've got the same setup. I've never broken my tank, but I've dropped my kanger at least 4-5 times straight onto concrete. I've never had issue with it at all. Seems to be a tough little booger. ;)

Thank you for the reply's and yes its seems to be working just like it did before I dropped it. I just wanted to ask some one because I only know one other person who vapes and that's my sister and she has a c-twist and an mini aspire nautilus. But sh has ordered the subox nano starter kit and it shipped yesterday. but besides her theres one vape shop in my town I go to and the guy there showed me how to wrap coils.when I bought a sapor rda I got that many to help taste flavors because im so new and don't wont just one flavor. So it made sence just change cotton and change coil every few flavor's. Again sorry for the ranting THANK again :)

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I drop my mods all the time... I've never had one go bad on me from dropping it. If it's functioning normally you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Just keep an eye on it when charging it again the first time or two.

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
As long as it is functioning normally you should be OK. Goodness knows I drop my mods a ton more than I care to admit.

o now im worried my screen keeps saying my ohm go from 1.1 -2.0 with the rba in the tank and 0.3-0.9 with the rba in the tank but the pre made coil. Should I be worried or buy a new rba form tank or try to build a new coil with less or more wraps. im ueing 26g kanthal. thanks for the help so far and this number hopping just started yesterday and with the numbers jumping the volts jump from a good 3.2v to 4.5v if I missed any info you need please let me know I know now one out side my local vape shop.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The drop could have caused a loose connection at your coil or deformed the coil. I personally would take the tank apart, clean it thoroghly, and recoil it. Kanthal is cheap enough there's no real loss there and your taste buds will thank you.

I have built a new coil and it seem's to work but I clipped the connections much better. And with The old coil I didn't clip the coil very good near the screw's for the rba but this new coil I used nail clip's and now it seem's to be working ok so I dnt know if it was the old coil or if its because of where the connection's where made right. I but then again im so new idk this is all hit and miss with it right now :) and again THANK YOU all for the help and reply's :)

VU Sponsors