floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
4d757d00eb94e96a359dfc3e8d3f23f1.jpg

It still fires my coils just fine I just want to know if I damaged my center post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Need a couple more pictures of it bud? You building them .09 coils again aren't you? If it wires without shorting you may have just scorched it...I'd take a good look at the insulators to to make sure you haven't melted them at the bottom of the center post. Can't give you a better answer till I see more.

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Right. I'll post them when I get home. And this build was actually at .22

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was ramping the coils to get the gunk off when it happened.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks like you got some arcing from the coil. If your insulator isn't damaged you're ok. Just move the coils a little bit away from the center post. Need at least 1mm distance to be safe. re-tighten the screws.

Last edited:

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Right. I'll post them when I get home. And this build was actually at .22

I was just joking with you about the .09...just forgot my trademark cheeky smilie :) I agree with @Zamazam ....I wanted more pictures to hopefully see if the insulator was melted or not. He read my mind :)

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was just joking with you about the .09...just forgot my trademark cheeky smilie :) I agree with @Zamazam ....I wanted more pictures to hopefully see if the insulator was melted or not. He read my mind :)

Here are some pics, I hope you can see the insulator
78c38a6d24e261a7642e9c08f0800e67.jpg

0793f89dc1dec036d99e47400b34c890.jpg

3b458032060d070a68dc742cc2f26777.jpg

If not let me know so I can get a better picture. From what I can see it only looks scorched.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well, from the pictures it doesn't look melted or cracked....just scorched...i'd look it over with a magnifier for any signs of warping or mircro cracks...if you don't see any you should be fine...if you have a spare insulator it wouldn't hurt to change it out but if not that one should be ok as long as it's form is in tact. It looks like that positive post isn't too difficult to remove and change it out from the pictures. Maybe you'll get lucky and be able to clean it up a bit and make it look nicer again too :)

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well, from the pictures it doesn't look melted or cracked....just scorched...i'd look it over with a magnifier for any signs of warping or mircro cracks...if you don't see any you should be fine...if you have a spare insulator it wouldn't hurt to change it out but if not that one should be ok as long as it's form is in tact. It looks like that positive post isn't too difficult to remove and change it out from the pictures. Maybe you'll get lucky and be able to clean it up a bit and make it look nicer again too :)
Thanks for looking it over. Trying to figure out what to clean it with.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe a really really light solution of "Barkeeper's friend" and then a good washing out with soap and water....that stuff will put the shine back in and take rust off stainless steel no problem but will make you sick as a dog if you vape it....you want to make sure there isn't a trace left on your atty before you build it again...you can get it at walmart and can google it for the information on it. My mother, who knows how to clean anything with anything, gave me some to take a rust ring out of my kitchen sink...it's stainless steel like anything else....it might be able to get the scorch off an atty....but like I said, make sure you wash all of it off thoroughly so you don't get sick.

Maybe someone else has a better idea, but it's a start :)

VU Sponsors