Become a Patron!

I call bullshit on a new so called competition 40 amp 18650 battery.

VapingCuban

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think this vamped 40amp battery is full of shit but just wondering if anyone has tested it yet? Heard people have been having issues with this battery getting hot on builds that don't even faze sonys, samsungs, or lgs. This designer battery might be a scam. I'm calling bullshit on this designer battery until someone reviews it!
http://www.vapor-hub.com/product/copper-vamped-battery-18650-2000-mah-40-amps/

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
d023f1e364400e0253e70c38b4768e8b56e17c7a6ff7b6ca5721ca6710d3be25.jpg

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I saw the same 40A batteries at KP I think. We as OP, will wait for someone to review/test.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I would not touch this battery without viewing a published battery test, conducted by a credible source .. I agree with VapingCuban, these overstated amp limits are getting ridiculous, and I am still waiting for someone to sue Efest for advertising, and selling 20A Sony's as 35A genuine Efest.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would not touch this battery without viewing a published battery test, conducted by a credible source .. I agree with VapingCuban, these overstated amp limits are getting ridiculous, and I am still waiting for someone to sue Efest for advertising, and selling 20A Sony's as 35A genuine Efest.
Yikes. Maybe I haven't been up on my gear as much as I should be (trusting big-name sources like Mt. Baker and all), but I just got some purple Efests in and I'm already noticing they're not quite the champs my VTC5s are - was wondering if I'm crazy or something. Then again, at a 0.4 build I should still be safe either way...

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Yikes. Maybe I haven't been up on my gear as much as I should be (trusting big-name sources like Mt. Baker and all), but I just got some purple Efests in and I'm already noticing they're not quite the champs my VTC5s are - was wondering if I'm crazy or something. Then again, at a 0.4 build I should still be safe either way...

No you are not crazy ... Efest and their unethical branding practices are a danger to the community, and themselves. It is very dangerous to tamper with accurate Amp ratings, and I am shocked that there has not been some sort of legal action taken against them, especially considering the potential for something catastrophic to happen.

As long as you stay below 20A, you should be ok, but when Sun-Vapors testing this battery at 20A, it almost went into thermal runaway. You should check out the test they ran, you can find it on their website.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info, will look into that test. Guess I should have just told them I'd wait when I bought a bunch of VTC5s on their 4th of July sale and then got told they ran out and received an offer to swap for the Efests. Only one use cycle through on the pair I got myself (wife has only used hers in her Vamo, she's just getting around to re-wicking her mech as I type), but I don't feel like I'm getting as much or as long-lasting of a punch off a fresh battery as my Sonys. Will give them a few more uses before passing judgment.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the info, will look into that test. Guess I should have just told them I'd wait when I bought a bunch of VTC5s on their 4th of July sale and then got told they ran out and received an offer to swap for the Efests. Only one use cycle through on the pair I got myself (wife has only used hers in her Vamo, she's just getting around to re-wicking her mech as I type), but I don't feel like I'm getting as much or as long-lasting of a punch off a fresh battery as my Sonys. Will give them a few more uses before passing judgment.

I believe it! Here's a true story ... about two months ago I bought the purple Efest 350's out of necessity because I have a few mechs that don't close up with my AW nipple top 350's, and AW doesn't make flat tops. One Efest died after 1 weeks use, and maybe 3 cycles, and the second one lasts only half as long as my AW nipple tops, and its supposed to have 100 more mah than the AW ..

Efest is just not a good battery brand .. I have known this for sometime, I have read several tests for their red Efest, not impressive at all, and had always vowed not to use them... that is until necessity made me do it. :p

VapingCuban

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh wow and here I was thinking the purple efests were viewed as the top notch batteries according to vape shops they weren't even carrying them in stock!

VapingCuban

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I believe it! Here's a true story ... about two months ago I bought the purple Efest 350's out of necessity because I have a few mechs that don't close up with my AW nipple top 350's, and AW doesn't make flat tops. One Efest died after 1 weeks use, and maybe 3 cycles, and the second one lasts only half as long as my AW nipple tops, and its supposed to have 100 more mah than the AW ..

Efest is just not a good battery brand .. I have known this for sometime, I have read several tests for their red Efest, not impressive at all, and had always vowed not to use them... that is until necessity made me do it. :p
I've been looking for the purples 350 for the same reason but also because everyone I ask about which 350 battery is best in the market everyone says the purple efest. http://

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I've been looking for the purples 350 for the same reason but also because everyone I ask about which 350 battery is best in the market everyone says the purple efest.

And I bet you that those people know very little about Efest the company, and their track record ... Efest is a mediocare battery at best, and they are notorious for consistently exaggerating both the capacity, and amp limits on their batteries. Efest's best batteries are the rebranded one's, which are not really Efest at all.

Proceed with caution .. if you need a flat top 350, there aren't many other options, so it is what it is. ;)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like my stacked 18350 Efest batts for cheap power in my regulated mods, where they are pretty safe and not pushed hard. But, I really don't use them in mechs. One lone Efest 10A 18650 that I got awhile back, I sometimes use in my Moneypenny with a 1.3Ω Genesis, but that's about it.

I never use a single 18350 for anything...there just is no point IMO.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think this vamped 40amp battery is full of shit but just wondering if anyone has tested it yet? Heard people have been having issues with this battery getting hot on builds that don't even faze sonys, samsungs, or lgs. This designer battery might be a scam. I'm calling bullshit on this designer battery until someone reviews it!
Do you have a picture of it the top the bottom etc I can compare it I have almost all the brands of 18650's that are worth a shit... Might be able to find out what it is I would agree with others it might me the Imren :)

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I see these cells popping up all over. I hope someone does a test and posts the results soon.

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see these cells popping up all over. I hope someone does a test and posts the results soon.
Would be nice to see the specs of these batteries. One can only hope they are 40amp without having the proper equipment to test them. I'd love to get my hands on one of the Sony 26650 rated at 50 amps, but I won't hold my breath for a batch to mysteriously appear on the market.

Jonathan Tittle

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
IMO, the battery is branded or, rather, rebranded.

The [Vamped] battery boasts a 40amp pulse discharge, which is nothing new. The Sony VTC4 and VTC5 are already capable of doing this and going higher without any issues so long as what you're pulsing doesn't exceed the capabilities of the battery. They are also cheaper and more widely known.

Of course, test results would be nice, though if the biggest advertising point is to market a pulse rating instead of the actual amp rating (which appears to be 20amp), that's rather misleading.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Playing with battery ratings not a good thing (Duhh).

But I have been getting good results with the 18350 800 mAh Efest IMR batteries that I have purchased from Madvapes and Altsmoke.

Did I get lucky or are these particular ones OK?

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
IMO, the battery is branded or, rather, rebranded.

The [Vamped] battery boasts a 40amp pulse discharge, which is nothing new. The Sony VTC4 and VTC5 are already capable of doing this and going higher without any issues so long as what you're pulsing doesn't exceed the capabilities of the battery. They are also cheaper and more widely known.

Of course, test results would be nice, though if the biggest advertising point is to market a pulse rating instead of the actual amp rating (which appears to be 20amp), that's rather misleading.

exactly i think VTC5s are 60amp pulse 30amp continuous which is far superior to the vamped

Jonathan Tittle

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If the image below is truly for the VTC4, as has been said, then the VTC4 would run circles around the Vamped battery based on the current published specs. Of course, I don't recommend anyone try to push their batteries that far, but at 40amps, according to the chart below, you could do a 70-75 second pull and still be within the safe parameters of the battey. Your wick will burn up or dry up well before you're capable of doing that and in the process, you'd probably choke though it's more likely that your lung capacity would reach it's peak before you even get close.

1975195_1467956360090200_1337655898_n_zps11934713.jpg

kuma

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Efest is a Chinese company, legislation over there is iffy at best. Trying to sue them from the Western world is damn near impossible. Best that could happen would be laws stating that they cannot be sold here

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Playing with battery ratings not a good thing (Duhh).

But I have been getting good results with the 18350 800 mAh Efest IMR batteries that I have purchased from Madvapes and Altsmoke.

Did I get lucky or are these particular ones OK?

I would say that you got lucky RJ .. there are good batts in the Efest bunch, and there are bad batts. Aside from exaggerating amp limits, before the Purple Efest hit the market, battery testers had found Efest batteries to be inconsistent in performance during testing, which is a potential problem if anyone uses these batteries in pairs. So for me, Efest is a crap shoot.

I wish that Sony and Samsung would produce more IMR 350/500's .. they do exist, but they are basically impossible to get.

Crocky

Member For 4 Years
I use both the 18650 efest purples and 18650 sony VTC4. I have about 6 of each. I rotate them. I cannot really tell a difference on the performance. Now it may be based on what I run. I typically I use a dual coil at .5 on my mechs. I even have two of the same mods with the same builds but efest In one and sony in the other....The only difference if i had to state one is that the efest give longer run time.
I have read the same things though as far as efest being inferior battery choice so I am not disputing that, only giving my experience. I have been using them beside the sonys for quite a few months now with no issue or noticeable difference. Now I have not tried the 350's.
Luck perhaps....BUT. With that said I will probably get the sonys or whatever else come a up between now and then that is in the same quality bracket when it comes time to replace.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the 18500 series, I like to use the flattop, Efest purple 1000mah, 15a cell.
They seem quite consistent, far better than the Red Efests I used to use, but then again, if the reds were crappy to begin with, I guess that would mean very little ;)

However, they seem to fire more consistently than the AW IMR's, longer too even though its labeled 100mah lower. (purple 500 is 1000mah, AW 490 is 1100 mah)

I use these batteries for my single coil builds that are around .75-.85ohms.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

@NitroBex ... Nitro was using them. I think he would agree with you on that. Its not 40amp

NitroBex

The Cloud Chasing Geek
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
I am running one through the pages, I haven't put it on the test build yet... I'm kinda scared... I can tell you it don't feel like no 2000mah batt I'm getting more run time off my old ass VTC3's the voltage drain in it is pretty slow though... The transition from full charge to 3.4v is really gradual... I don't like this because it has me constantly going "Is my battery dead?"... It has the punch of a 10C battery... So I am guessing -- these are not hard facts -- 1600 mah with a 16 continuous amp limit with around about a 36 pulse -- again not hard facts basing off of other similar battery feel...

It does look pretty =)

For most "Normal" rebuilders it is probably ok... For the higher end of sub ohmers it may be ok... For the builds that are low low low... NO WAY IN HELL.

I will be hooking it up to the .05 and firing it in the fire box... Once I get the nerve up.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am running one through the pages, I haven't put it on the test build yet... I'm kinda scared... I can tell you it don't feel like no 2000mah batt I'm getting more run time off my old ass VTC3's the voltage drain in it is pretty slow though... The transition from full charge to 3.4v is really gradual... I don't like this because it has me constantly going "Is my battery dead?"... It has the punch of a 10C battery... So I am guessing -- these are not hard facts -- 1600 mah with a 16 continuous amp limit with around about a 36 pulse -- again not hard facts basing off of other similar battery feel...

It does look pretty =)

For most "Normal" rebuilders it is probably ok... For the higher end of sub ohmers it may be ok... For the builds that are low low low... NO WAY IN HELL.

I will be hooking it up to the .05 and firing it in the fire box... Once I get the nerve up.

well, be careful ffs! we don't wanna read about you in the paper! nervous.gif

kuma

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah man, .05 is playing with fire ( no pun intended). Just say you did it and forget about it

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I use both the 18650 efest purples and 18650 sony VTC4. I have about 6 of each. I rotate them. I cannot really tell a difference on the performance. Now it may be based on what I run. I typically I use a dual coil at .5 on my mechs. I even have two of the same mods with the same builds but efest In one and sony in the other....The only difference if i had to state one is that the efest give longer run time.
I have read the same things though as far as efest being inferior battery choice so I am not disputing that, only giving my experience. I have been using them beside the sonys for quite a few months now with no issue or noticeable difference. Now I have not tried the 350's.
Luck perhaps....BUT. With that said I will probably get the sonys or whatever else come a up between now and then that is in the same quality bracket when it comes time to replace.

Crocky my darling, first you made no mention to me today that you joined us here, but, well you can't mention VU at the other place :rolleyes: ... And I said this earlier to you, but damn Woman! .5 on mech, really? You? I want my Kayfun Crocky back , lol ... just kidding :p Rock on boo ;)

Crocky

Member For 4 Years
LOl I was going to say hey girl hey in my post here BUT I was in a hurry when I wrote it. Yeah well I am moving up in the world....if you want to call it that....hehe

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crocky my darling, first you made no mention to me today that you joined us here, but, well you can't mention VU at the other place :rolleyes: ... And I said this earlier to you, but damn Woman! .5 on mech, really? You? I want my Kayfun Crocky back , lol ... just kidding :p Rock on boo ;)
There are other urls that link here ;)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
LOl I was going to say hey girl hey in my post here BUT I was in a hurry when I wrote it. Yeah well I am moving up in the world....if you want to call it that....hehe
Happy to see you hear my darling. :)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
You know you have a Vape Media badge, well does that mean you do a show?

If I did, would you watch it? :p I think they gave me that one because of the site that I review for.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I did, would you watch it? :p I think they gave me that one because of the site that I review for.
Of course I would. I watch all the shows, nearly. I'm trying to get a love button petition on the go. What dyu think? I'm not getting a lot of response :/

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Of course I would. I watch all the shows, nearly. I'm trying to get a love button petition on the go. What dyu think? I'm not getting a lot of response :/

You mean a love button like a "like" button? If yes, then yes, lol ... I am the Love button :)

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You mean a love button like a "like" button? If yes, then yes, lol ... I am the Love button :)
Haha are you? Then maybe the love button should have your face or something on it. And yeah, I guess it would have to be same as a like button. But it has to be totally obvious when a member has used it to deter just using it - like you'd only dare use it on rare occasions

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Haha are you? Then maybe the love button should have your face or something on it. And yeah, I guess it would have to be same as a like button. But it has to be totally obvious when a member has used it to deter just using it - like you'd only dare use it on rare occasions

I am .. you couldn't tell from the 6 in my username? 6 is the numerical representation of Love (true story), just as 9, represents destruction. 69 is the Eternal life cycle, Love, Destroy, Love again ;) ... are you writing this down Hobby Kid? o_O

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am .. you couldn't tell from the 6 in my username? 6 is the numerical representation of Love (true story), just as 9, represents destruction. 69 is the Eternal life cycle, Love, Destroy, Love again ;) ... are you writing this down Hobby Kid? o_O
Nikkita6. Men don't write this sort of stuff down. We absorb it into our imaginations to use at an appropriate time ;)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Nikkita6. Men don't write this sort of stuff down. We absorb it into our imaginations to use at an appropriate time ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is what worries me. :rolleyes: ... :p

VU Sponsors