Become a Patron!

I broke my kaos. Take 2 and pics

leadpipe58

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
IMG_4920.JPG IMG_4921.JPG IMG_4922.JPG IMG_4923.JPG IMG_4924.JPG IMG_4920.JPG IMG_4921.JPG SO I used an old epoxy and it did not hold.
Repairing it this time I removed the 2 screws the other 2 are under the sticker. I found a torx bit in a kit I have for repairing cell phones. I cleaned the surface as best I could with acetone being careful not to get it on the paint. I mixed new JB Weld and carefully applied it to the broken post put it back together and clamped wiped off any excess and let sit to dry.
I took a series of pictures to show what I did.
Hope you never have to do this. The light is a bit hokiybit I like the mod.
Enjoy

Attachments

• IMG_4922.JPG
    IMG_4922.JPG
    446 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4924.JPG
    IMG_4924.JPG
    972.1 KB · Views: 40

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My Arms Race mod recently broke and the bottom latch for the batteries would not close shut. My local vape shop took some super glue to try and fix it but it just wouldn't work. I decided to call it a complete loss and I left the mod with somebody at the vape shop who wants to play around with it. Bummer! On the plus side, I just got a Smok GX2/4 which fills the empty slot created by the broken mod. :)

leadpipe58

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Emusic that is not the end of the story. I tried using 5 minute epoxy and the spring for the 510 pushed that apart in a few day.
Finally I had to rethink this fix. If you look in the pic you will see a gray box on the board I ended up putting a big glob of rubber cement on top of that and a bit in the 4 corners and clamped it overnight and it has held. Go figure.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Emusic that is not the end of the story. I tried using 5 minute epoxy and the spring for the 510 pushed that apart in a few day.
Finally I had to rethink this fix. If you look in the pic you will see a gray box on the board I ended up putting a big glob of rubber cement on top of that and a bit in the 4 corners and clamped it overnight and it has held. Go figure.
Good to hear that it's holding. Well done! :)

VU Sponsors