Become a Patron!

I am new :)

Hello there everyone. I am kind of new to vaping so please don't judge me very hard. I am thinking of buying a 220W Smok Alien vape but i don't understand a few things. Firstly i would like to know how do you find out what battery you need for the vape you have. Secondly i would like to ask what are the ohms in a coil and how do i find out what coil i need because i saw a few different once and all of them are " best " between certain wattages but none of them were good for 220 watts which is what the vape I'm buying goes up to. Also is the only difference between tanks the amount of e-liquid they can hold or is there something else as well ? I used to have a vape that went up to 50W but i had no idea what i was doing i just kept vaping and I hear that you are supposed to change your coil or something every 1-2 weeks but i never changed anything in my vape and i used it for about 2 months every day.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi @Brokenwar dont feel embarrassed to ask questions it's how we all learn :)

I wrote this guide into how regulated mods work and selecting a battery it might take a few reads to get your head round but all the info is there for you (I used the Hpriv in my working examples but it's exactly the same as the alien which is handy for you)

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/regulated-mods-batteries-resistance-explained.314459/

In terms of that mod going up to 220w it's a dual battery so it's very unlikely you will actually hit the advertised wattage at least not for very long after a full charge :)

At 220w it's going to be a very hot vape if you pick something like the Smok TFV8 beast tank (not the baby beast) with the biggest coil (the T10) you can get up there but it probably won't be pleasurable for you - I wouldn't advise getting the TFV12 since you really need a 3 battery mod to power it.

I use the V8-T8 pre made coils they are 0.16 ohm gives you the full range of the battery so you don't get an early low battery message (I explain all this in my thread) these are rated well in excess of what I vape at but I vape these about 100-115w and they are on point there

Also take a look at the Smoant battlestar its had some really good reviews a lot of people have had thier alien crap out on them about 6 months after use :)

With batteries stick the the main manufacturers to begin with Sony, LG, Samsung

25R or 30q - Samsung
HG2 - LG
VTC5a - Sony

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the VU. Just because a mod goes to 220 watts doesn't mean you need to vape that high. Go by whats printed on the coil and start at the low setting and go up in power slowly if need be. Until you learn a bit more I'd also stay away from temp control and stick with Kanthal or Stainless Steel coils and power mode for now. TC coils are Nickel (Ni), Titanium (Ti) however Stainless Steel (SS) can be used in both power and TC. If you get the Smok Alien full kit the coils are Kanthal for power mode only.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

The Huntress

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Hi @Brokenwar dont feel embarrassed to ask questions it's how we all learn :)

I wrote this guide into how regulated mods work and selecting a battery it might take a few reads to get your head round but all the info is there for you (I used the Hpriv in my working examples but it's exactly the same as the alien which is handy for you)

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/regulated-mods-batteries-resistance-explained.314459/

In terms of that mod going up to 220w it's a dual battery so it's very unlikely you will actually hit the advertised wattage at least not for very long after a full charge :)

At 220w it's going to be a very hot vape if you pick something like the Smok TFV8 beast tank (not the baby beast) with the biggest coil (the T10) you can get up there but it probably won't be pleasurable for you - I wouldn't advise getting the TFV12 since you really need a 3 battery mod to power it.

I use the V8-T8 pre made coils they are 0.16 ohm gives you the full range of the battery so you don't get an early low battery message (I explain all this in my thread) these are rated well in excess of what I vape at but I vape these about 100-115w and they are on point there

Also take a look at the Smoant battlestar its had some really good reviews a lot of people have had thier alien crap out on them about 6 months after use :)

With batteries stick the the main manufacturers to begin with Sony, LG, Samsung

25R or 30q - Samsung
HG2 - LG
VTC5a - Sony
Thank you so much for sharing this and doing this guide. It's exactly what I was looking for.
Flave

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thank you so much for sharing this and doing this guide. It's exactly what I was looking for.
Flave

You're welcome mate happy to help :)

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the Underground! Always ask questions. We are here to help you on your vape journey.

VU Sponsors