Become a Patron!

Hybrid saftey

So I'm looking at the Taifun gt4 with drop kit to pair with brizo and I'm wondering if the Taifun gt4 is hyrbid safe. I'm asking because I can't seem to find any topics on it being used with mechs however originvape.com replied to me and said the 510 is adjustible up to 5 mm and said it would be safe with a hybrid. I also know that Taifun did make the scarab pro max to be paired with however that's a mosfet tube. The issue is even though I go that answer I've never seen it used on a hybrid if anyone could give me a confirmation that would be fantastic.

Thanks

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Looking at pics it’s positive pin sits pretty close to the threads ...I wouldn’t use it on a hybrid personally

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I hope someone comes along who has one that knows for sure.
I looked around at a few pics and I can't really tell.
from some angles the 510 pin looks good but then I see stuff like this that would make me paranoid about trying it:

upload_2019-7-5_4-45-24.png

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yeah even it can be adjusted like they say ....if that pin is a single piece loosening it off affects the deck and connection slightly

a pin should be done up fully and still stick out for hybrid safe unless it’s a two part piece

Just what I go by anyway

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Attention: The taifun gt4 is not suited for hybrid mods and something about viewer dung

how close was I?

Appreciate all the reply's defiently glad I got a second opinion ya that's the big thing defiently had to make sure before I dropped 160 on a tube that won't work with it.

VU Sponsors