Huge price difference?

Discussion in 'Vaping Underground Leadership Introductions' started by Gregjl, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Murray_B

Murray_B New Member

Blog Posts:
    Items at my local shops usually do cost more, Greg. Not long ago I purchased a Samsung 25R and when I checked it the cell had the correct Samsung spider at the top and the correct marking on the bottom rim of the can. Many cells purchased online have a label with the correct markings but are not 25Rs with a 25 Amp power rating at all. They are just cheap cells with a 10 Amp maximum current rating with a copy of a 25R label. The fake cells can explode and cause injury. Will the $6 saved cover the reconstructive surgery?

It is the same for mods. If it looks like an iStick but wasn't made by iSmoka then what the heck is it really? Is the cell they used correct for power capability? Is the charge controller a good one and is it matched to the cell? So you can buy a fake for half the price but is it worth the risk?

What I am paying the local shop to do is sell me the genuine article with a minimum of fuss and bother. That is worth every penny I pay for it.

Gregjl likes this.
  2. Gregjl

Gregjl Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Fast forward to today and I realize it's not that bad and I just bought another mod (a tempest) from a shop with a tank (tfv8) the tank was $40, that's fair. Same price everywhere and no shipping. And didn't have to wonder if I got beat by customs.

3. Vaperizor

Vaperizor New Member

Blog Posts:
    Don't buy from eBay just to be safe. Anyways online shops are usually 50% cheaper then a vape store I paid 50$ for an eleaf istick pico I could have gotten for 25$ I love to support local shops and all but their is no way I'll ever buy from a vape stores unless it was something I really needed and couldn't wait to have it shipped. Stuff like cotton bacon maybe wire if I'm desperate I'll get from Vape stores every now and then I guess.

SnapDragon NY likes this.
  4. SnapDragon NY

SnapDragon NY Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I usually buy everything online- I started out in a Vape shop but quickly learned about great online shops with better pricing a larger selection, many have super fast shipping also! I just make sure to order things before I need them, like coils and eliquids and when they have a great sale- to stock up!
    I do not use Ebay or Amazon for any ecig supplies!
    B&M shops are great(maybe) for the Newbie and trying some eliquids or the cotton and wire buy, but I will never buy supplies from them again- to walk into a cloudy shop with skater boys hanging out and I was bothering the help by asking questions in getting started- I figured out right away to watch You Tube, join forums like this and order online!

5. DolfineDen

DolfineDen New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hi guys

Thanks for the useful post and comments)

6. ChrisL

ChrisL VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I personally think Ebay is a great alternative for some vape gear. Most prices include shipping, and I have never had an issue with vendors. I always check customer feedback and ask questions from sellers if needed. When you use your credit card, you have recourse to full money back guarantees. Much faster shipping than from China.