Become a Patron!

How vaping makes me love my wife even more

Henry

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
32 years ago my wife made one dinner so bad I could not eat it. Wish I could say the same about my juice. But I am trying again this weekend using the tips I have read here, wish me luck

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only one inedible dinner in 32 years? That's freaking awesome! My ex made one or two that were palatable in the ten years that we were together. Her personality was much like her cooking, hence the key word ex :)

How did your juice come out?

Henry

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think my biggest problem is getting beyond myself, feeling comfortable that I have wrapped my head around flavors, intensity’s and just how much difference there is between everybody’s tastes when I look at recipes to follow. Up until recently everything I ran across was 20% flavor recipes. I see HIC uses very low percentages. Right now everything i have is TFA so I’m going to get so FA flavors and test the differences, also get some of that UK nicotine that is tasteless, because I don’t know what taste comes from which ingredient. I have decided I am giving up on tobaccos (at least for now), so strange for me after smoking for 43 years. Right now I have my kayfuns in the ultrasonic cleaner trying to get rid of the residual taste, thought I did not try to go as far down as 1% tobacco flavor.

But I have made advancement on the procedural front, only use syringes for the vg and a separate pipette for each flavor to prevent possible cross contamination of flavors, and I'm mixing smaller batches

But, the best advancement is a new juice calculator I stumbled across. It has a real windows feel, it does cost projections, inventory control, remix calculations, label maker, flavor search within recipes, import recipes “by directory” from other major e-juice calculators and some things I don’t understand why, but I am smart enough to know that I’m just not smart enough yet to understand.

So I'm starting to get the feeling I am making headway
Below are the links I found for the juice calculator if you want to check it out

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ceu7kr789fq5wdt/Lmw4X_Xg9j

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByHCyknRKMBCTjQ0d0pEWklsSnc&usp=sharing

Big Jake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I married a Greek gal whom treated me like a Greek God.... Burnt offerings. That said Ive been the cook for the last 15 years and and like my cooking I "wing" it. I currently only make two flavors for my self. Caramel Apple and Rootbeer. The rootbeer is pretty easy to mix only one flavoring however considering adding a custard to it. But yes I start with a 30ml bottle and eyeball what I want. The first bottle of rootbeer was kinda strong ended up splitting it in two and adjusting flavor from that point. Its mixing flavor and not rocket science... keep it fun and not all mistakes are mistakes.

Henry

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Burnt offerings – that’s funny

I agree that keeping it fun is the secret, and I know I am adding stress to myself because in the little circles that I travel in people look up to me and I have gotten 6 other people to start vaping and a few more looking with interest. I keep telling everyone to sign up on the VU and get answers to the questions they have not thought of yet but right now I’m not sure who has. Anyway I feel obligated now to do well enough at this to make sure everyone keeps going on their own.

A few years in the kitchen, yea, I can now see where that’s a good thing. It’s just going to take me a little longer to get to the fun, which is another thing I need to learn, being patient with myself. thank for the words of encouragement

VU Sponsors